just joined here :) my 2 year progress from 135-200+ with vids inside

danthamansky

Awards
Hey everyone! just joined today here is my picture of my transformation, i started out at 135lbs and in 2 years made it to 200+ hopefully the picture link works!
http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/03/28/50124601/gallerypic/1ghj69nSa6sILSZgSqjH8feqihE9Wv0006.jpeg

one of my recent pics in march!
http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/03/25/50124601/gallerypic/11s00ve5sw9EgnAUQpFM7Bcnz0gwQ1915.jpeg

im 6 foot, about 210 right now and my bodyfat in the morning is fresh 17.4

another pic taken recently
http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/03/25/50124601/gallerypic/1yBeLU292fkgrqZ1ShrZt14E9bKzed981.jpeg

i also have a youtube channel where im gonna start uploading some of my lifts on there, sort of like a workout log, to keep track of my strength gains as well as show what i usually do for my workouts!

recently maxed out deadlift 540 with better form than my video on 525 so i will be getting that soon

heres one of my vids of my deadlift workout on back day!
march 27,2012 back day (deadlifts) - YouTube

heres my channel link everyone is welcome to follow along!
danthamansky - YouTube

ozHarris

ozHarris

Awards
Dude that's awesome work...

What are your current training plans?

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Great progress although I'm not too sure about the hats :tongue1:

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Great progress man! Would like to read more about your training program and diet.

17.4% BF? I don't think so... I can see your lower abs.

danthamansky

Awards
Dude that's awesome work...

What are your current training plans?
thanks a lot dude! right now im focusing on adding more muscle mass and size. my split goes like
m: chest/triceps
t:back,forearms,calves,abs
w:rest
th:shoulders,traps,calves,abs
f:arms,forearms
s:legs,calves,abs

i usually start each workout with a big movement! like deadlifts on back day, squats on legs, incline bench press on chest, etc. :)

ReedSkin

ReedSkin

Awards
Great progress man! Would like to read more about your training program and diet.

What he said. Although impressive, sounds close to my story, 145 to steady 180, 200 would make me look awkward I've been told hah! Great job!

danthamansky

Awards

thank you man! for my training you can find it on my youtube channel im gonna upload more of my training there! subscribe and follow along! ill be tracking my progress there :)

sadly i am over 17 percent body fat :( ive done many tests, ive had 3 friends call their numbers out before it displayed it and was correct, and one that doubted i was 17 percent gave me their bf test and said i was 19 percent :( hey at least i dont look like it though, it makes me wonder what ill look like when im around 10 percent :)

danthamansky

Awards
What he said. Although impressive, sounds close to my story, 145 to steady 180, 200 would make me look awkward I've been told hah! Great job!
hehe im not sure why its that high i tell everyone and they look at me suprised and always say " i wonder what your gonna look like when your around 10%" but ill find out later when i pack on more mass :) you look great too man your abs are defineable! and at 200 too very great job too bro :)

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity...what method of testing got this number?

I still say "no way"! Maybe all that fat is hiding in your ass and cankles. /kidding

Excellent work and amazing progress!

thank you man! for my training you can find it on my youtube channel im gonna upload more of my training there! subscribe and follow along! ill be tracking my progress there :)

sadly i am over 17 percent body fat :( ive done many tests, ive had 3 friends call their numbers out before it displayed it and was correct, and one that doubted i was 17 percent gave me their bf test and said i was 19 percent :( hey at least i dont look like it though, it makes me wonder what ill look like when im around 10 percent :)

danthamansky

Awards
Out of curiosity...what method of testing got this number?

I still say "no way"! Maybe all that fat is hiding in your ass and cankles. /kidding

Excellent work and amazing progress!
haha that made me crack up :D its all in mah ass XD

but in seriousness, so i did a few tests. i have a 60 dollar scale that checks my water weight, body mass, weight, body fat, and bone structure. thats the one where i had 3 of my old roommates step on and they knew their number for bodyfat already and called it out before it said it, the leanest one said he was 11.6 and it was 100 percent accurate at 11.6 i was very suprised to see that. the other one i tried was the one where you grip as hard as you can on each handle and the screen displays the bodyfat, i usually try them first thing when i wake up so i get an accurate number, one day i did try it because one of the gym employees thought i was lying about my bodyfat so he called me to the front to try the test and it said i was like 19.4 or something like that, this was later in the day of course.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Well here's the good news. Those are electro impedance monitors and they do not work. When they do get the right number it's just dumb luck. Otherwise they are completely unreliable. You will get a different reading depending on time of day, humidity, you ate something, didn't eat something, took a piss, whatever. The fact that it gave you a reading of 19.4 is evidence enough. You are nowhere in that neighborhood.

Go to amazon.com and buy a $6 calipers for a 3-point test. Not 100% accurate, but MUCH better than electro impedance. It's going to be pretty darn close to spot on.

My bet is about 12%.

Cheers,

haha that made me crack up :D its all in mah ass XD

but in seriousness, so i did a few tests. i have a 60 dollar scale that checks my water weight, body mass, weight, body fat, and bone structure. thats the one where i had 3 of my old roommates step on and they knew their number for bodyfat already and called it out before it said it, the leanest one said he was 11.6 and it was 100 percent accurate at 11.6 i was very suprised to see that. the other one i tried was the one where you grip as hard as you can on each handle and the screen displays the bodyfat, i usually try them first thing when i wake up so i get an accurate number, one day i did try it because one of the gym employees thought i was lying about my bodyfat so he called me to the front to try the test and it said i was like 19.4 or something like that, this was later in the day of course.

danthamansky

Awards
Well here's the good news. Those are electro impedance monitors and they do not work. When they do get the right number it's just dumb luck. Otherwise they are completely unreliable. You will get a different reading depending on time of day, humidity, you ate something, didn't eat something, took a piss, whatever. The fact that it gave you a reading of 19.4 is evidence enough. You are nowhere in that neighborhood.

Go to amazon.com and buy a $6 calipers for a 3-point test. Not 100% accurate, but MUCH better than electro impedance. It's going to be pretty darn close to spot on.

My bet is about 12%.

Cheers,
i shall get a caliper :) thanks a lot bro! :)