ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404920220.317431.jpg

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On paper that workout looks good. I know how your feel though, sometimes just so hard to get in that mindset and kill it.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
On paper that workout looks good. I know how your feel though, sometimes just so hard to get in that mindset and kill it.
Ya it was all mental. Still had it there physically but head wasn't in the right mindset

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with wasme! Still looks like a solid workout! I'm sure with a little rest and not feeling rushed, you'll be in the zone and pumped for your next workout!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I agree with wasme! Still looks like a solid workout! I'm sure with a little rest and not feeling rushed, you'll be in the zone and pumped for your next workout!
Thanks Kat! Ya I'll get it next time

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On days that I am not feeling it, I switch it all up and focus on a single compound movement and that is it for the day. Helps keep motivation and mental focus up knowing that you are only in there to kill one move- deads, squats, cleans, etc... On the days I am not feeling right, I dread knowing I have a full workout and that trickles into each move.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ This.

You did some damage in 45 min. Strong sumos.

Hope your shoulder gets some good rest tomorrow bro.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
On days that I am not feeling it, I switch it all up and focus on a single compound movement and that is it for the day. Helps keep motivation and mental focus up knowing that you are only in there to kill one move- deads, squats, cleans, etc... On the days I am not feeling right, I dread knowing I have a full workout and that trickles into each move.
Ya I probably should have called it after deads but wanted to stick with it to try to get that pump. It's all good, only one day

^^ This.

You did some damage in 45 min. Strong sumos.

Hope your shoulder gets some good rest tomorrow bro.
Thanks man, Friday will be a good day. I can feel it

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Just crushed some salmon and chicken teriyaki, shrimp and vegetable tempura, California, salmon and tuna rolls. Plus some rice and veges. A little bit of my grandmas sukiyaki too. Should be great for recovery

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I hate it when workouts don't seem to be going your way. When that happens I usually drop my weight and focus on control and go super slow for a nice burn

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just crushed some salmon and chicken teriyaki, shrimp and vegetable tempura, California, salmon and tuna rolls. Plus some rice and veges. A little bit of my grandmas sukiyaki too. Should be great for recovery
Oooo yummy! Did you save me some?! Lol jkn

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I hate it when workouts don't seem to be going your way. When that happens I usually drop my weight and focus on control and go super slow for a nice burn
Good call Pete. I'll give that a shot if my head isn't in it at first.

Oooo yummy! Did you save me some?! Lol jkn
Haha no leftovers. Too good

AshramWar

Awards
Wut? Campbell? Great Mall? You in the south bay brah?

AshramWar

Awards
Ya man! Living in Saratoga for the summer. You out here too?
Yea. i'm in Campbell. haha. I just started my second week into Follidrone as well.

Subbed to see how you do.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Yea. i'm in Campbell. haha. I just started my second week into Follidrone as well.

Subbed to see how you do.
Nice man. Where do you train? Do you got a log up somewhere

AshramWar

Awards
i'm at the 24 on Hillsdale. What gym you going to?

I don't have an online log. I started DAA and Follidrone together so I couldn't separate the gains to Follidrone. I'm doing PHAT and also hitting crossfit (yea yea).

joh408

Awards
  • Established
i'm at the 24 on Hillsdale. What gym you going to?

I don't have an online log. I started DAA and Follidrone together so I couldn't separate the gains to Follidrone. I'm doing PHAT and also hitting crossfit (yea yea).
Right on. Used to live around there off Union and 85 towards Union Middle School.

I go to Right Stuff off of Campbell couple miles outside of DT Campbell. Closest to where I'm staying and on the way to work.

Always wanted to try out PHAT. You'll have to let me know how it goes

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders

OHP
45x10
55x5
75x5
85x3
105x5
120x3
135x10

DB Side Laterals
10x15
15x15x2
20x15x2

Machine Rear Delt
70x20
80x15
90x12
100x10

Smith Machine Seated Press
115x10x2
135x10
145x8
145x5

DB Hang and Swings
50x30
50x20
70x10

Six Ways
12.5x8
10x8
10x6

Facepulls
20, 25, 30, 35, 42.5x15 reps each weight
50x12
42.5, 35, 30, 25, 20xF
All one continuous set

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Think I'm getting some endurance effects from follidrone. Not noticing insane pumps. Good overall pump tho. Next week will be the test as it's a high volume week/deload.

Weight will be taken tomorrow morning. And then a carb up and another weight measurement on Sunday plus all the pics from the workouts this week and some cold pics. Might try to find some measuring tape around the get some measurements

AshramWar

Awards
oh yea I know that Right Stuff (in the same plaza as Capers). Keep up the good work man. Hope to see some gainz in dis thread.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice solid shoulder session!! Glad you're having great results so far!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Morning rides:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405101989.929789.jpg

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like the choice of the facepulls at the end there...and have not done 6 ways in a while. Shoulder hurt thinking about it.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Like the choice of the facepulls at the end there...and have not done 6 ways in a while. Shoulder hurt thinking about it.
Thanks wasme! Love facepulls for the rear delts. I had some extra time so I threw in 6 ways and damn they were rough. Hadn't done em in far too long

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong OHP's Joh. Your shoulders were probably pumped as heck after it was all said and done.

I see you increased weight on the 'hang-n-swings'. Is that how it's supposed to be done? I always thought the fewer rep (drops) called for less weight but higher ROM? Just curious.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing work in here Joh! Nice job! Wait until week 5/6 on Follidrone! Bam! X2

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Strong OHP's Joh. Your shoulders were probably pumped as heck after it was all said and done.

I see you increased weight on the 'hang-n-swings'. Is that how it's supposed to be done? I always thought the fewer rep (drops) called for less weight but higher ROM? Just curious.
Thanks boss! Real pumped

I know meadows has you drop the weight down and you can increase the rom. I just decided to go a little heavier and slower on the last 10

Doing work in here Joh! Nice job! Wait until week 5/6 on Follidrone! Bam! X2
Thanks Kenpo! Trying out bench again today to see if I can beat 205x7 with a couple reps in the tank. See if follidrone is working so far

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Benches were taken. I didn't care enough to wait for one. Smoked arms, calves, abs and a little bit of pecs for 90+ minutes. Decent day

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not nice. At least you put in work though.

I like it earlier on Saturdays for this same reason.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Not nice. At least you put in work though.

I like it earlier on Saturdays for this same reason.
Got emptier as it got later. I've tried at all different times on weekends and it always gets empty when I'm almost done haha

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Pump pics from the week:
Legs:

Chest:

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders:

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Arms/Weak Point Day:

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Cold pics coming tomorrow as well as a weigh in. Weighed in at 183 today so -2 lbs for the week. High carb today so the weight might change a bit tomorrow.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice job getting a workout in even if it was different than planned!! Pics are looking great! Definitely progressing!!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good job brother!!!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks y'all! Didn't have a chance to take progress pics last night since my dad is in town. Will try tonight

joh408

Awards
  • Established
High volume

Legs

Lying leg curls
90x15
100x15
110x15
120x15
130x15

Smith lunges
75x10
115x10
165x10
185x10

Smith SLDL
115x12
135x12
165x12
185x12

Superset 1
Back squat // front squat
(Deep to 3/4 lockout, constant tension)
95x10//95x10
135x10//135x10
185x10//185x10
225x10//225x5

Leg extensions
150x10
170x10
190x10

peepingyoda

peepingyoda

Awards
Nice log, bro. Very detailed. Quality selfies.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Nice log, bro. Very detailed. Quality selfies.
Thanks boss. Trying to make it as thorough as possible so people can get a good idea of how follidrone is working