joh408 is taking Follidrone on a ride

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. It is interesting how supplements react differently with some people.
Ya no two people are the same. I'm just glad she's really taken an interest in lifting and wants me to help haha

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya no two people are the same. I'm just glad she's really taken an interest in lifting and wants me to help haha

Gotta agree, health and fitness is such an important part of life, and to have your partner involved in it will only make for a better relationship.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is really interesting! Definitely exciting that she's getting interested!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those rows, Joh, those rows... You're pulling them like they're 70's or something.

. The stimul8 one stood out to me the most.
Yeah man. I've yet to come across anyone to say this about a full scoop.

She did know she was supposed to drink it after mixing, right?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Those rows, Joh, those rows... You're pulling them like they're 70's or something.

Yeah man. I've yet to come across anyone to say this about a full scoop.

She did know she was supposed to drink it after mixing, right?
Thanks buddy. I was ripping em off.

Ya haha it's so weird. Who knows. She does mix it in a cup and drink it from a straw (who does that???).

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders Arms

Smith Machine Behind the Head Press (weights on each side)
25x10
35x10
40x10
45x10
50x10
55x10
45x12

Machine Rear Delts
60x15
70x15
80x15
90x15
Focus on the muscles, pause, slow

DB side lateral
20x15
20x20x3

Six Ways
10x6
7.5x10x3

V Bar Pushdown
52.5x15
82.5x15
87.5x12
92.5x12
97.5x11

Bent over cable rope Tricep extension
52.5x12
62.5x12
72.5x12
82.5x12

Superset:
Skullcrushers // EZ Bar Close Grip Bench

75x12//75x15
85x10//85x12
95x8//95x10

Quadset:
Standing Pronated DB Curl // EZ Bar Preacher Curl (wide) // EZ Bar Preacher Curl (narrow) // Seated DB Curl (upper arm against back of preacher pad, facing backwards)

25x12 // 45x10 // 45x10 // 25x10
25x12 // 45x10 // 45x10 // 20x10
25x12 // 55x10 // 55x8 // 20x8

EZ Bar Standing Reverse Curl (first 7 reps pause at top flexing)
45x15x3

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like that giant set at the end.. nothing like exhausting everything at once...

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Like that giant set at the end.. nothing like exhausting everything at once...
Thanks man. Was kinda running out of time so I just threw them all together. It was gonna be standing for a warm up, superset the wide and narrow grip and then finish it off with the arm supported seated

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks buddy. I was ripping em off. Ya haha it's so weird. Who knows. She does mix it in a cup and drink it from a straw (who does that???).
Lol!!!

Killer shoulder/arm session!! Gotta love the killer burn/pump of a quad set like that!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you work out with Kat yesterday?

Killer Kombos mang.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Lol!!!

Killer shoulder/arm session!! Gotta love the killer burn/pump of a quad set like that!!
Thanks Kat. The burn from six ways was unreal and then the quad set near the end had my arms pumped to the max.

Did you work out with Kat yesterday?

Killer Kombos mang.
Hahah just taking some notes from her.

Thanks man! Gotta mix it up and up the tempo sometimes

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Kat. The burn from six ways was unreal and then the quad set near the end had my arms pumped to the max. Hahah just taking some notes from her. Thanks man! Gotta mix it up and up the tempo sometimes
No doubt it! I'm sure just moving your arms was quite challenging! Lol

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Final pics, tried to make them as similar as possible but I had to take a couple at different houses as I've been busy this week/weekend:

Goals were to lean out a bit for most of it and then started into a recomp. Not positive on weight since I no longer have a scale but the pics and body comp shows favorable results. Was utilizing 5/3/1 with MD inspired accessory work. Set a lot of rep maxes and even increased 1RM as well.

Bench:
195x8 -> 205x8
my bench sucks so any progress is good progress

Squat:
385x1 -> 405x1
300x10 -> 315x10

Deadlift:
365x10 is new 10RM, not sure if I ever pushed deads that high really. Last I had for 10 reps was 320
Missed 485 at the knees after 440. 440 flew up a lot quicker than before

OHP:
175x1 -> 187x1

Overall a great run. Will look into purchasing more when the time comes!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing progress Joh. Your shoulders and back, especially viewed from the front, are greatly larger.

Your lifts are strong... I haven't been quiet about that.

What's on tap next? New log, or back to the old one?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree!! Amazing progress! The pics speak for themselves!!! Great job!! Strength was already crazy- now it's even crazier! ;)

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Amazing progress Joh. Your shoulders and back, especially viewed from the front, are greatly larger.

Your lifts are strong... I haven't been quiet about that.

What's on tap next? New log, or back to the old one?
Thanks man! Saw some great progress on this run. Debating going back to my old log or starting a new one with whatever program I pick. Still debating at this point which program to go with.

Its a toss up between:
Program 3
Reactive Pump
Demolition
Johnny Candito's 6 Week Strength

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm enjoying RP, and look forward to Demo. Huge fan of MountainDog.

What the JC plan about?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I agree!! Amazing progress! The pics speak for themselves!!! Great job!! Strength was already crazy- now it's even crazier! ;)
Thanks Kat!! Very excited moving forward

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started Demolition yesterday and just finished up Chest / SHoulders for day 2. Solid workout. You have chains I think you said at your gym too - seems like there will be a lot of chain work in this one.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final pics, tried to make them as similar as possible but I had to take a couple at different houses as I've been busy this week/weekend:
Just saw these update pics. Joh that is impressive man. SO much more defined, with some definite growth.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I'm enjoying RP, and look forward to Demo. Huge fan of MountainDog.

What the JC plan about?
Big fan of MD from program 3 which is why I am inclined to give another program a shot.

It's a strength program based off of doing Squats/Deads on one day and Bench/Rows/OHP on another with accessories for upper body. It's 3-5 days a week with set weights and rep schemes. I've seen some other people get good gains from it. Not sure if I want to push my numbers up even more before I go for a hypertrophy phase or the other way around.

You can find it here if you wanna take a look: http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big fan of MD from program 3 which is why I am inclined to give another program a shot.

It's a strength program based off of doing Squats/Deads on one day and Bench/Rows/OHP on another with accessories for upper body. It's 3-5 days a week with set weights and rep schemes. I've seen some other people get good gains from it. Not sure if I want to push my numbers up even more before I go for a hypertrophy phase or the other way around.

You can find it here if you wanna take a look: http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/
It's saved. Thanks man.

I will say this, I am enjoying RP way more than I did Program 3. However, that may be that I have just gotten used to certain things, and I didn't do a lot of the banded work in P3.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Just saw these update pics. Joh that is impressive man. SO much more defined, with some definite growth.
Thanks wasme! Gotta say it was a great run. I think I look even better in person but you can only capture so much in pictures, especially since I don't know how to pose. I've been seeing some great growth since starting mountain dog and using the principles in training after finishing it. I can thank you guys for getting me into that and utilizing a different training mindset.

I posted a link for JC's program. A lot more strength orientated but it's only 6 weeks so I may lead off with that and get into mountain dog after with a little higher numbers. More weight moved never hurt.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
It's saved. Thanks man.

I will say this, I am enjoying RP way more than I did Program 3. However, that may be that I have just gotten used to certain things, and I didn't do a lot of the banded work in P3.
I didn't do any of the band work for P3 but I have bands now so I kind of wanted to revisit it. I looked forward to every workout especially when looking at them the night before and planning it out. There was enough variation for me but I am always up for trying something new.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aw, I like to do the same. I just went over tomorrow's back day even though it's the same as last weeks.

:D

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is probably right on the money. Program 3 was great, and to me a true 12 week program. I feel RP is really only a 6 weeker and when I redo it I will probably do it as just that.

Thanks wasme! Gotta say it was a great run. I think I look even better in person but you can only capture so much in pictures, especially since I don't know how to pose. I've been seeing some great growth since starting mountain dog and using the principles in training after finishing it. I can thank you guys for getting me into that and utilizing a different training mindset.

I posted a link for JC's program. A lot more strength orientated but it's only 6 weeks so I may lead off with that and get into mountain dog after with a little higher numbers. More weight moved never hurt.
Agree, the camera never pics up all the 'detail'.

Just checked out JC's program, looks solid. I will certainly follow whichever you go with.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Aw, I like to do the same. I just went over tomorrow's back day even though it's the same as last weeks.

:D
Ya haha it's fun for me and gets me pumped for training.

This is probably right on the money. Program 3 was great, and to me a true 12 week program. I feel RP is really only a 6 weeker and when I redo it I will probably do it as just that.

Agree, the camera never pics up all the 'detail'.

Just checked out JC's program, looks solid. I will certainly follow whichever you go with.
I'll keep that in mind if I go for RP. I think I'll make a new log for this run. Easier for people to find if they search for the program that I end up running