jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Squat

Low Bar Squat (oly shoe): 150 x 2 x 25 (12:04)

Legs started cramping around set 18 lol.

Oly Shoe GM: 135 x 8 x 2

Cable Row: 100 x 15, 110 x 15 x 2

HLR: BW x 8 x 2

Ouch.

Also, got this done today. Might put one more coat of poly on it, depends on how it feels in a few hours when its all set.

Likely won't be getting my new equipment in until the week after this one. :( Should have some Ivanko competition plates coming this week though!

Attachments

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Designs dope bud

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Bench:

CGBP: 125 x 3 x 25 (10:04)

Had some bicep discomfort on a few of these.

Skullcrusher: 65 x 8, 65 x 7

DB OHP: 55 x 10, 55 x 8

a1. Underhand Pulldown: 100 x 12 x 2, 100 x 10
a2. Rear Delt Swings: 30 x 20 x 3

Not bad today. I'm terrible at skullcrushers though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Following. Excited for your new setup; sounds awesome sauce

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following. Excited for your new setup; sounds awesome sauce
I am too.

Not as excited as my wife, but still excited.

Assuming I get everything next week, I want to have everything set up by the weekend.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seems like back doesn't stay flat on 295 like it does with 275. Coming back from your back injuries, making sure that stays tight and doesn't compromise is #1. I know it's tough when the RPE gets up there (it's what I do); just my feedback from the peanut gallery

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like back doesn't stay flat on 295 like it does with 275. Coming back from your back injuries, making sure that stays tight and doesn't compromise is #1. I know it's tough when the RPE gets up there (it's what I do); just my feedback from the peanut gallery
Yeah, that's why I called it there instead of going higher.

I don't really worry too much about it as long as it doesn't round more during the movement and there isn't any pain.

But I'm still trying to minimize it, I just don't have any strength off of the floor so I have to cheat lol.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What disc injury did you have? I some how keep mashing my sacrum ontop of my L5 (from what my chiro says)

No tingling, no pain or numbing in my feet or legs. But, I wake up every morning with a very stiff lower back. I've notice from my last adjustment that it's less stuff when waking. I've cut out squats and deadlifts for now until this heals.

Any input?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What disc injury did you have? I some how keep mashing my sacrum ontop of my L5 (from what my chiro says)

No tingling, no pain or numbing in my feet or legs. But, I wake up every morning with a very stiff lower back. I've notice from my last adjustment that it's less stuff when waking. I've cut out squats and deadlifts for now until this heals.

Any input?
Mine was a herniation at my L5, stemming initially from the army.

It herniated out to the right instead of straight back (which is apparently unusual).

What seemed to help me was doing a lot of lower back work and anything that could get some kind of 'traction'.

I did a lot of hyperextension, core work, hanging Leg raises (these really seemed to help), and I took this time to try to free up my tight hip flexors with lunges and bss.

I really took my time getting back into serious training, and even when I did I did a lot more submax work than I would have before (Paul Carters Base Building).

I don't generally have any pain anymore, and most days I feel like it never even happened.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weighed myself with a scale at work yesterday, and came in at a whopping 171lbs.

Should probably get back to trying to get big and strong now.

Back on the quest to be 70's big....

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lets goooo. All aboard jim's gain train.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
400#!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weighed myself with a scale at work yesterday, and came in at a whopping 171lbs.

Should probably get back to trying to get big and strong now.

Back on the quest to be 70's big....
What's 70s big?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think there's a weightlifting man alive that wouldn't wanna look like Young. Not a real man anyway lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Bench:

Swiss Bar Bench (first neutral handle): 175 x 5

Wide Grip Pushdown: 50 x 20 x 3

DB Lawnmower: 65 x 12 x 3

a1. Lateral Raise: 30 x 8, 25 x 8
a2. Front Raise: 30 x 8, 25 x 8
a3. Rear Delt Swing: 30 x 12, 25 x 12

Swiss bar bench was deceptively hard. Thought I'd go heavier after that set, but it was hard.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you not do a follow up supplemental move after the ME, i.e. Floorpress 3x5? Or perhaps ramping into that level of volume?

I ramped my dead volume for 2 weeks prior to this week's Cube kick off for the first time ever and it was the smartest thing I've ever done lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you not do a follow up supplemental move after the ME, i.e. Floorpress 3x5? Or perhaps ramping into that level of volume?

I ramped my dead volume for 2 weeks prior to this week's Cube kick off for the first time ever and it was the smartest thing I've ever done lol
Only during the Intensification blocks. The typical 'Westside' template that people associate Westside to is Intensification phases.

During accumulation they (and I) try to stay away from the Barbell lifts and work higher volume w/ lower rests to improve GPP, build muscle, and prepare for the suck that is Intensification lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When do you begin that? How many weeks out?
Next week.

I'll run Intensification for 8 weeks and then Transformation for 2 weeks leading into the meet on March 26.

And generally, for my supplemental lift I like to use my main movement for reps. It's just preference, but I try to pick movements I'm no good at and hit a max, and then drop down and do some reps.

When not prepping for a meet, I will likely be doing 3-5 week accumulation blocks followed by 4-8 week Intensification blocks and just continue to cycle through that way during the off season'.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, got my calibrated plates today. Getting some food up here in Dallas, and then driving home to unload the van.

Won't be moving them into the gym until the equipment comes in though.

Attachments

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whenever I want to know what it would be like to be rich I just come in here and look around.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Squat+DL

Hi Bar Squat: overwarmup to 175 x 1, 145 x 2 x 25 (12:41)

Some were great, some were just good. Technique felt solid though, having the higher heel makes closer stance much more technically sound.

Conventional DL: 205 x 1 x 20

Pendlay Row: 135 x 13, 145 x 10, 155 x 8

Done. Trying to work my way back into the regular Sunday-Friday training schedule. They changed our start time for Sundays to 3PM, so its 3 hours earlier than regular days. The whole thing was stupid, but it makes training at my usual time impossible, and I have to try and get up a lot earlier than I usually would.

Intensification starts tomorrow with DE Bench. Hoping I'll have my equipment in by Friday so I can have it all set up before next Sunday.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Bench (week 1 intensification)

Swiss Bar Bench (against reds): 85 x 3 x 9

Last set: https://www.instagram.com/p/BApwlrLsv64/

Swiss Bar CG Bench: 165 x 8, 7, 6

High Incline DB Bench: 55 x 10, 9, 5 (lol)

a1. Pull-up: BW x 11, 10
a2. Rear Delt Pullapart: Red x 30 x 2

Done in an hour today. Getting ready to shower and head to work. The bench felt pretty solid today, and the assistance was quick and painful.

Will be keeping bar weight the same and increasing band tension for the next 3 weeks. For the 3 week wave after that the opposite will be true.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna be a loooong night at work tonight.

Still got squats for a single tomorrow, so I hope I get home before 6.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you make it?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a picture from Rick today, they're putting the equipment together to double check fitment and that everything is done before shipping.

Which looks like it won't be here until next week :(

But, the color looks awesome.

Attachments

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Squat today

Low Bar Squat (converse): work to 335 x 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAtNjJFMv5_/

SSB Squat (converse): 245 x 5 x 2

Back Ext.: +40 x 12 x 4

HLR: BW x 10 x 2

Felt pretty good today. Squats felt solid, first time using the belt since my last meet. It's loose, but fit with the hoodie on lol.

In a pretty good position to PR at this meet right now. Hopefully I don't still weigh 170 at that time lol.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good start to all this. The squat was smooth and clean, but looked challenging as well. I forget, do you prefer squat shoes or not?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good start to all this. The squat was smooth and clean, but looked challenging as well. I forget, do you prefer squat shoes or not?
Last meet I used them, but before its always been flat shoes.

That's the main reason I did that movement today, was to get an idea where I stand right now.

I haven't done the flat shoe squatting since the injury because the more upright torso was "safer" right after the injury.

But at this point I'll just use what is stronger and feels better on meet day.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did some post squat stuff today.

Band hangs, lunges, back Ext, MFR, etc.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Bench

Comp Grip: 235 x 1

CG: 195 x 5, 185 x 5 x 2

Cable Row: 130 x 10, 140 x 10 x 3

a1. Lateral Raise: 25 x 15, 25 x 12
a2. Rear Delt Raise: 20 x 10--15 x 10, 15 x 15

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty good day today.

Wanted more tricep volume, but I didn't have time before work to do anymore.

Feeling pretty good about this meet, my best competition bench was ~250 at my first meet and I have yet to match that in a meet.

Should be in good position to change that in March though, considering I hit this at 170 and the 250 was weighing 185.

Setup felt solid too.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Technically sound and maybe five more pounds in the tank. You're right, right on track. Time to keep plugging.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Upper:

EZ Curl: 65 x 15, 75 x 12

Cable Pushdown (VBar): 40 x 50 (rest pause, 3-5 second rest at most)

Hammer Curl: 20 x 20, 25 x 15

Facepull: Red x 25 x 2

Got my bodybuilder on today. This will be a regular thing I think, really focusing on working the muscle on these extra days (and with my accessory work).