I've been lifting for about two years

Permabulk95

Awards
Been very serious for two years. Started out at 170 lbs benching 200, squat 275, and deadlift not truly measurable since I only recently started doing trap bar deadlift. Anyways, 2 years into lifting I can bench about 370, I weigh 245lbs/20 percent body fat. I can dumbbell bench press 160lb Dumbbells in each hand for about 3 reps, and I can squat about 400lbs. I've dabbled with andro pro hormones once and did once cycle of Msten. Messing with these supps I believe I get some ok gains.. But the question I have is, in 2 years of lifting, have I come a long way ? Or are my gains just average?

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
2 years is considered fairly new to lifting. Keep at it, switch up your lifting routine, and don't be afraid to tweak your diet up to see what works best for you.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are your goals? Increased strength? Increased size? Looking to compete? All of the above?

SuppGuy

SuppGuy

Awards
You should have achieved a considerable deal in 2 years of lifting.

Another 2 years is *likely* to lead you to your max genetic potential, just speaking from experience.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You should have achieved a considerable deal in 2 years of lifting.

Another 2 years is *likely* to lead you to your max genetic potential, just speaking from experience.
Nobody reaches their "max genetic potential" in 4 years unless they're running ridic amounts of aas and have perfected every facet of their diet and training. This is a dumb statement.

Max genetic potential is rarely ever even achievable by most average lifters as they simply just need to work harder or eat more or change something.

SuppGuy

SuppGuy

Awards
Nobody reaches their "max genetic potential" in 4 years unless they're running ridic amounts of aas and have perfected every facet of their diet and training. This is a dumb statement.

Max genetic potential is rarely ever even achievable by most average lifters as they simply just need to work harder or eat more or change something.
Perhaps I should've said "natural" max genetic potential - unless you actually believe you can continue to grow each year at the same rate that you could in the first 4 years.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Perhaps I should've said "natural" max genetic potential - unless you actually believe you can continue to grow each year at the same rate that you could in the first 4 years.
Growing at the same rate and being at max genetic potential are in no way the same... To reach max natural genetic potential you would be training for tens of years, not 4.

Obviously gains will slow down but that does not in any way mean you've reached your peak.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Growing at the same rate and being at max genetic potential are in no way the same... To reach max natural genetic potential you would be training for tens of years, not 4.

Obviously gains will slow down but that does not in any way mean you've reached your peak.
This^ I think things have gotten better because of the internet, but still a lot of people are just trying to figure out what even works for them after only 4 years.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Solid strength gains in 2 years. IMO, "Max Genetic Potential" has no concrete, quantitative criteria. As mentioned above, unless your sole purpose in life is to eat and train and rest with the best trainers/cooks/doctors, there's probably no way you'll reach your maximum potential. Also, everyone is different, so I think for anyone to come out and say that they've found a way to measure someone's max genetic potential would be ludicrous. There's just too many factors with each person when you're looking at things on genetic level. Opinions?

Permabulk95

Awards
Solid strength gains in 2 years. IMO, "Max Genetic Potential" has no concrete, quantitative criteria. As mentioned above, unless your sole purpose in life is to eat and train and rest with the best trainers/cooks/doctors, there's probably no way you'll reach your maximum potential. Also, everyone is different, so I think for anyone to come out and say that they've found a way to measure someone's max genetic potential would be ludicrous. There's just too many factors with each person when you're looking at things on genetic level. Opinions?
Yeah it seems hard to determine a max genetic potential because of so many numerous factors

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ya it's not a thing you can truly measure because, like you said, it's 100% unique to the individual.

That said, after 15-20+ maybe years of good, hard, smart training and educated, personalized dieting, you should conceivably be at a place where it's so fine of a line between gaining and not that one could called it their "max".

The other factor is simply age and changing hormonal balance so what is naturally achievable is literally changing every day simply by external influence.

The main point is saying that 4 natural years is not even gonna be remotely close. For anyone. Ever.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Been very serious for two years. Started out at 170 lbs benching 200, squat 275, and deadlift not truly measurable since I only recently started doing trap bar deadlift. Anyways, 2 years into lifting I can bench about 370, I weigh 245lbs/20 percent body fat. I can dumbbell bench press 160lb Dumbbells in each hand for about 3 reps, and I can squat about 400lbs. I've dabbled with andro pro hormones once and did once cycle of Msten. Messing with these supps I believe I get some ok gains.. But the question I have is, in 2 years of lifting, have I come a long way ? Or are my gains just average?
370 bench is solid bro. Youve got plenty of time to grow just stay with it. Make sure you eat to grow and keep it as clean as possible so you can get that bodyfat down also.

Permabulk95

Awards
370 bench is solid bro. Youve got plenty of time to grow just stay with it. Make sure you eat to grow and keep it as clean as possible so you can get that bodyfat down also.
Thanks man, i am trying to eat cleaner haha It's not difficult but I always prefer to get as big and strong as possible so I load up on my macros to ensure that, therefore I don't like cutting

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man, i am trying to eat cleaner haha It's not difficult but I always prefer to get as big and strong as possible so I load up on my macros to ensure that, therefore I don't like cutting
Its funny man. I started a diet and got stronger and looked better lol. Sometimes when your maxing your cals you get sluggish. Just some food for thought, no pun intended.

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
Good gainz, if your aiming for power and size. So far so good. Keep at it bro.