iTHROW DESTROYS carbs with Performax Labs SlinMax

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
HUGE SHOUTOUT TO THE GUYS AT PERFORMAX LABS FOR ALLOWING ME TO LOG A BOTTLE OF THEIR SLINMAX!

So ill probably forget stuff in this initial post so feel free to ask questions as we go, ill definitely be adding stuff as I go im sure so we will keep this initial short and sweet!

Name: Ryan
Height: 5'11 3/4
Weight 238-242

Macro Breakdown
protein 250+
NEW carb goal 3-400
Fat 60-80

So this will vary day to day but I do follow an IIFYM approach but believe in nutrient timing, now i understand if you dont drink a shake right after you lift you wont lose your gains, however, I try to get one in as soon as possible so i can eat a meal soon after, I believe that if you are fueling your body throughout the day rather than 2 big 1500 calorie meals youll have more success. Inb4 flamers :)

I will be including my macro break down, and pictures as well throughout this log, also maybe some videos of practice and lifts if i can sneak them in. Ill be chronicling my journey in this recomp-esque environment while im running SlinMax. I recently finished up a decent bulk recomp in which I put on about 15 lbs in 4 months, more fat than I would have liked but hey it happens. So my goal for the end of this log is to be under 235 while eating close to 3200 calories which is slightly above maintenance :D

Outside from that this log works out because I am finishing up the semester this week so I can dedicate time and energy to my practice and lifting and this log. Im not running any other nutrient optimizer and outside of protein preworkout and aminos im not running anything else!

UM UM UM UM lets get into my first day on it!!!

YESTERDAYS MACRO BREAKDOWN
2413 Calories
228g protein
186g carbs
62g fat

Yes i basically ran out of food in the house and had to eat a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter before bed :/

Groceries today though. Ill be including many carbs

2 slinmax were taken with breakfast which was a meal of 80g carbs (protein pancakes with strawberries)
1 slinmax with dinner which was steak rice and 2 bananas
1 slinmax on an empty stomach before bed, and i woke up looking a little leaner already sooooooo :D

More updates to come, i have an intersquad meet tonight, practice, and then lifting after, so we may just get some sushi or something, idk but i need to go carb up for breakfast.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Alright everyone, a great day to be alive :D post coming tomorrow morning discussing all of todays great lifts and (not so great) intersquad meets

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
So what is the goal here? Dropping fat?

I'd rethink your plan if so with cals above maintenance.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
So what is the goal here? Dropping fat?

I'd rethink your plan if so with cals above maintenance.
maintain, im adding more carbs than usual to see how it affects me. in my experience with good gda's ive been able to up carb intake and still drop fat. its barely above maintenance plus i have 2 workouts per day so i think ill be fine.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty here we are folks, making my post from yesterday, what a great lift session and not so great intersquad meet, so lets dive into the lift!

One thing I should mention before getting into this is I do a lot of olympic lifting and power movements, not a lot of hypertrophy so if i get some vascularity pics, and its getting pretty crazy, just understand its not a pump, its the product running its course with carbs!

Lets go

The workout

Bench Press
45x12
135x5
185x3
225x2
255x1
275x3
275x3
275x3
275x3
275x3
275x3
unfortunately here the last two sets my butt may have came up little on the last rep but it probably didnt need to. I fixed my bench form because after years of throwing my right side is more flexible than my left. SO naturally i bring the bar to my right side a bit so my right gets more a stretch and my left doesnt. WELL years of a slight movement of the bar had caused me to develop a tight left pec. I finally fixed my form however my left pec tendon on my humerus often hurts when i bench. So we will keep an eye on this throughout the log!

Power Clean
135x2
185x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1

Barbell Stepups (onto 12in box) 6 each leg 12 total
175x12
170x12
165x12
160x12
155x12

Barbell rows (pendlay style)
135x8
135x8
135x8

Glute Ham Raises
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

One arm Dumbbell Snatch
40x5
40x5
40x5

That was the workout!

Macros for yesterday
230g protein
346g carbs
54g fat

1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 80g carbs
1 Slinmax taken with post workout with 75g carbs
2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 150g carbs

Good first workout, I can already tell im feeling leaner. not checking on weight til next week but ill get an exact weight monday night!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
DAY 3 PEEPS So this is for satuday since i always post the day after :D

ANYHOW
No workout today so just supplements and macros!
Macros
Protein 221g
Carbohydrates 341g
Fat 90g (i Know my Bad)

2 Slin Max with breakfast (142g carbs
2 Slin Max before bed with my last meal (85g carbs)

SO nothing to report after day 3. still sitting at a decent weight. Vascularity and leanness are still the same, although in the AM I wake up feeling a littl more lean!

Day 4 will be posted tomorrow morning!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
DAY 4 PEEPS So this is for Sunday since this is finals week. kinda kicking my

ANYHOW
No workout today just some practice, right hamstring, adductor is feeling extremely tight and sore at the same time, not a straing but man its killing me to sit!
Macros
Protein 239g
Carbohydrates 310g
Fat 65g (i Know my Bad)

2 Slin Max with breakfast (120g carbs
2 Slin Max before bed with my last meal (170 carbs)

SO nothing to report after day 4!

Weighed in at 238 today! SO technically ive dropped about a lb since starting, carbs are higher than ever too which is interesting....

More to come!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 5!
SO lets talk about monday and mondays left shall we! It was a toughy but we got the whole thing!

Lets go

The workout

Hang Clean
45x5
135x3
185x2
225x1
245x1
265x2
265x2
265x2
265x2
265x2
265x2
Missed a couple of reps but managed to get them after a brief rest. 2 sets werent true doubles but still was a nice high volume start to the workout

Pause Squat
135x2
185x2
225x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2

Floor Bench Press
235x8
225x8
215x8
205x8
195x8

Snatch Pulls
225x4
225x4
225x4

Dumbbell Bulgarian Squat
25x5
25x5
25x5

Good Mornings Superset with sidebends superset with plate twists
95x5x45x4x4 each way
95x5
95x5

That was the workout!

Macros for yesterday
233g protein
339g carbs
32g fat

Fat was extrememly low... ate a lot of dairy and protein bars so thats why, need to monitor that a little better
1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 65g carbs
1 Slinmax taken with post workout with 45g carbs
2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 200g carbs (lots of oats)

Weight was 240.2 today, but i think it was because im retaining a little more water. Ate some jimmy johns tonight so i may be a little heavier than usual when I post tomorrow!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this. Mondays always suck. I spent mine delayed in airport.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 27!
WOrkout from thursday after two days off and boy did I feel great!
The workout

Back Squat
135x5
185x3
225x1
275x1
315x2
365x1
390x2
390x2
390x2
390x2
390x2

SO I basically got crushed by this weight back on the 17th of december and this session I crushed! I idnt have any type of issue with any squats, didnt need a spotter and held relatively good form on all of these!
Close Grip Bench
135x2
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

Klokov Snatch Pulls
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

Between the legs barbell Bulgarian lunge (a mouth ful)
45x5 each leg
95x5
95x5

Standing 45 degree bench press
95x5
95x5
95x5

Ply Box Glute Bridges
3 sets of 8 at bodyweight

That was that. Absolutely ecstatic that I hit those squats especially after struggling 3 weeks prior. Rewarded myself with some mongolian stirfry afterwords!

Macros for yesterday
~300g protein
400g carbs
80g fat

These were estimates because we went out to eat and it was tough, although it tells us the amount of calories at the restaurant, there was no actual macro count!

2 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 85g carbs (chicken and rice)
2 Slinmax taken before bed after that stirfry meal

Meet tomorrow and about 2 more days left on SlinMax!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awww man whys that?
Coming back from FL. Plane was late to get to gate. Luckily not too bad.

How long before you ate did you take the 3 caps SlinMax? I haven't tried 3 at once yet.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Coming back from FL. Plane was late to get to gate. Luckily not too bad.

How long before you ate did you take the 3 caps SlinMax? I haven't tried 3 at once yet.
Yikes, thats the worst I hear. just sitting there all day.

I took them about 5-10 minutes before I ate. Basically right after i Called jimmy johns so i ate pretty quickly afterwards :D

DAY 7 Officially one week in as of yesterday, and no training yesterday and I was able to rest thank god. things were brutal in the morning trying to wake up etc.

Macros
Protein 230g
Carbohydrates 340g
Fat 62g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (110g carbs
2 Slin Max before bed with my last meal (163 carbs)

Got some hardcore sodium bloat from the last few days and sitting at 241. Laying off the jimmy johns for sure and Ill be preparing better, just ran out of groceries :D

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you noticed anything from SlinMax yet? Feeling tighter, better pumps, less full feeling, etc.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Have you noticed anything from SlinMax yet? Feeling tighter, better pumps, less full feeling, etc.
As of right now, there isnt too much to mention a week in. I have been cleaning up my diet a bit as well but were going to be dropping the carbs a bit in upcoming weeks to see what it can do when I have lower carbs in my system. I play with carbs based on my workouts I have ahead. If its something heavy and volumnous i carb up. if its gonna be pretty easy, like next week, I can lay low. In fact, I am actually going from a dramatic switch, going from 320+ down to under 200 and see if it can work its magic. I have always carb cycled in the past so it should be cool to see how this works

Sorry for the lack of updates, I owe you guys a couple posts! And you will get them tomorrow morning, I spent all day finishing up exams and then packed up and headed home for Christmas vacation. So i actually havent been around any type of social media or internet until now! SO tomorrow morning you will get a post from the 17th and 18th and then at night I will post everything from the 19th. Unfortunately today I wasnt able to track much for macros because of my constant moving around but I do have everything that I ate written down in my phone. Consider this weekend a little bit of a cheat weekend considering im running around trying to finish christmas shopping and everything else!

Ill give you guys a full update and things I have noticed tomorrow!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
One thing I should mention however, is the fact that If i decide to take two prebed, either after a meal or on their own, I do wake up feeling much leaner an less bloated. Obviously it affects each person differently but I have never felt GDA's the way others feel them, which can actually be a good thing for me. I dont feel hot or warm and there is no additional sweating. The only time that I feel it is in the gym but again I do more power movements then hypertrophy. However tomorrow I will give a run down of some of the things I notice now that I can attribute to Slin Max!
My eating schedule is skewed being the end of the semester and I eat basically right before bed but Im going to try to go to bed somewhat fasted. not eating anything for an hour or 2 and then take two caps pre bed and see how it feels. I also will take the other two with my biggest carb meal of the day, which will probably be half my total carbs and around 100g. Outside of that we are going to see how it can work with me on low carb intake!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know when I take two pre bed on an empty stomach, I sleep like a champ!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty we are back on track for DAY 8 and 9 here in this post! I gave a good rundown yesterday of what was happening but lets dive into some specifics! This was my thursday workout!!

Lets go

The workout

Bench Press
45x12
135x5
185x3
225x2
255x1
275x1
295x2
295x2
295x2
295x2
295x2
Actually felt great! My left pec felt decent the whole time! DIdnt have a massive but raise and everything went fairly well!

Power Clean
135x2
185x1
235x1
235x1
235x1
235x1
235x1
235x1
235x1
235x1

Used the stiffest olympic bar I have ever seen... twas brutal
225x12
215x12
205x12
195x12
185x12

185x8
185x8
185x8

Im curious how you guys perform your rows. is your back parallel to the ground or are you close to a 45? My training partners want me to be parallel with the ground almost like a seal row, but i prefer going closer to a 45 i can pull much more and feel it more in my lats..
Glute Ham Raises
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

One arm Dumbbell Snatch
40x5
40x5
40x5

That was the workout!

I should note, despite the lower reps on chest, I actually had quite the pump going by the end of the workout. I think Im going to start backing off after my final set and hitting an AMRAP with 225 or so. ANT style ;)

Macros for Thursday
230g protein
390g carbs
85 fat

1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 80g carbs
1 Slinmax taken with post workout with 75g carbs
2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 200g carbs

SO like I said this product for me is not so focused on the pump, as much as it is vascularity, weight control, and testing its abilities with high and low carbs. Essentially im being a guinea pig for those who are wondering what it can do. I can wholeheartedly say after about a week I havent "felt" much in the gym, however it has definitely helped me to stay asleep at night, and not only that but like I said before, when I eat a lot of carbs, I definitely wake up feeling leaner. Im tracking days because Im going to do 14 days on a higher carb diet, and the remaining 16 on a lower carb to see if I can optimize those carbs while still going heavy on the weights. I will keep the carbs below 200 except for on days that I am going above 92%

Day 9

Unfortunately no workout and basically just ate everything on Friday, hung out, played alot of mario kart, and tracked my carb intake as far as what I ate so ill give you that!

1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 60ish g carbs (2 sandwiches: 1 egg 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, 1 slice cheese)
1 Slinmax taken with Lunch with 75g carbs (left over pizza and a doctor pepper 10)
2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 125g carbs (steak and rice, a DQ Dilly bar, and some low sugar Koolaid

Im not tracking macros this weekend just because I want to be able to hang with family and not seem super weird about it. They will go on occasional diets but dont take it to the extent i do, and although they are respectful of it. I feel its rude to not eat what they serve!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
So as I said in the last couple posts, Were going to be dropping to low carb, soon and Ill entail some details here of my plan

Heavy lifts coming up so im going to split my carbs up like this
Low carb breakfast (50 or under)
Pre workout meal 100-150g carbs
Post workout meal 50 or under

I will be going a little higher on off days to recover. between 200-275 but not exceeding that. Ive also allotted for trace carbs here and there. I am not going to be extremely anal about it and if im within 15 either way I will be happy. As the days go on I will see if I can post my MFP picture to discuss the breakdown of macros and stuff but i am excited to see what this does :D

I also will take a before pic on my last high carb day, day 14, and I will take one on the final low carb day 16, Day 30 total.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 10 and 11 coming atcha from Saturday and Sunday since I am an irresponsible adult and dint have time to type this all out yesterday evening :D

Day 10

No workout again, just macros and supplement facts, (no full day macros just carb macros :D

2 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 80ish grams carbs (2 egg bagels: 1 egg 1 slice cheese and some ketchup per bagel)
2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 125g carbs (6OZ of grilled swordfish garlic potatoes, asparagus, and some deep fried green beans)

Day 11

Sunday Fun day am I right?! And as much as I would have loved to workout, I was once again relaxing, enjoying my last cheat day of the weekend :D

1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 40ish grams carbs (Tall Starbucks frappcuino)
1 Slinmax Taken with lunch (Greek wrap with olives, feta, grilled chicken, and arugula, tater tots, a couple boneless chicken wings, and a few pieces of cheese pizza macros over 9000)
1 Slinmax taken before bed on an empty stomach

SO no real guesstimate here but it was the packer game and a Sunday so naturally I had to be a little cow.

Woke up this morning (monday for day 12 feeling like a million bucks. ate a little crappy this afternoon but after all the cheating this weekend I was sitting at 242 clothed... so a miniscule gain if that, and once I start cleaning stuff up I assume I may have actually lost a little weight!

Good news is mirror is showing a slight decrease in fat in my stomach, nothing too significant but once i drop carbs for 16 days yall are gonna see a before and after that should look pretty night and day

Day 12 post to come in a couple hours now that I can catch up on everything!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha. Yeah a little. I wanted Bears to go 2-14 to get a top draft pick. The idiots won just enough to screw that up.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 12!

Lets go

The workout

Hang Clean
45x5
135x3
185x2
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3

Felt super easy!
Pause Squat
135x2
185x2
205x2
205x2
205x2
205x2
205x2

Floor Bench Press
245x8
235x8
225x8
215x8
205x8

Snatch Pulls
205x4
205x4
205x4

Dumbbell Bulgarian Squat
25x5
25x5
25x5

Good Mornings
135x5
135x5
135x5

That was the workout!

Macros for yesterday
265g protein
210g carbs
57 fat

1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 42g carbs
1 Slinmax taken with post workout with 51g carbs
2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 87g carbs

Weight was 240 today which is great that i dropped a little weight now that im tidying up the carbs! Im really feeling it before bed to be honest. I wish I would have been able to combine this with Alphamax!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha. Yeah a little. I wanted Bears to go 2-14 to get a top draft pick. The idiots won just enough to screw that up.
I know how you feel, Right now im not even sure how gb keeps winning games. we got the talent but are playing like trash

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may want to avoid dosing post workout. There is no need for a GDA then.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
post workout meaning post workout meal which is generally a few hours after. my bad on that one!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 here in the books and yet again a great workout! For whatever reason my legs felt like death during this workout, I assume because I had dropped the carbs a bit lower than expected but I still managed to push through!

The workout

Back Squat
135x5
185x3
225x1
275x1
315x1
335x3
335x3
335x3
335x3
335x3
335x3
As funny as it soudns, even with low carbs, I still managed to get a fairly solid pump here. I think it was more of a sheer volume thing rather than high reps but nonetheless my legs were pounding!

Incline Bench
135x2
165x3
165x3
165x3
165x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

Clean Pulls
265x3
255x3
245x3
235x3
230x3

Weighted Box Jumps
No dumbbells or weight this time rather I focused on height and backed away form the box a bit every rep

Dumbbell shoulder press
30x8
40x8
40x8

These were light, still trying to find my groove without shoulder pain
SL DB RDL
25x4
25x4
25x4

That was the workout!
Macros for yesterday
298g protein
212g carbs
58g fat

Definitely taking advantage of those tough workouts and gonna have a little bit of a cheat so I feel better physically these next couple days!
1 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 113g carbs
3 Slinmax taken before bed fasted (had a meal about an hour and a half prior with only 40g of carbs tops)

I think going lower carb on a leg day was one of the dumbest things I could have done, however waking up the next day(today) besides being absolutely trashed, I felt lean, not super bloated at all, hardly any water retention, I felt fairly good and firm, not as sloppy as I usually do waking up. etc. I like playing around with the dosage, and I think im starting to figure out how to use this properly to my advantage. For christmas I think ill be picking up another bottle or two and maybe even continuing this log myself with some alpha max!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you like the current formula of AlphaMax, order it now. As far as I know, the batch retailers have now is the last of the current formula. Also, XMAS35 gets you 35% off the products if you order directly from Performax!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
If you like the current formula of AlphaMax, order it now. As far as I know, the batch retailers have now is the last of the current formula. Also, XMAS35 gets you 35% off the products if you order directly from Performax!
couple questions on that, I know you obviously cant release details but i did see youre coming out with an XT version, is it bigger and better? one thing I was worried about was the new version having DAA in it, which if that was the case I would be extremely disappointed. Otherwise I am excited to see what comes of that. I love me some alphamax! I have been running it 8 weeks on8off for close to a year and a half now!

Also question with slinmax: I know it is recommended to take before a meal, about 15min or so, but is there any advantage or downfall to taking it with a meal or slightly after. For the most part ive been good with taking it before but Once in a while its with the meal. I have also taken GDAs post meal in the past because thats what the label says. Just curious your thoughts on this!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
So day 14 is finally wrapped up!!
Lets get into this workout!

The workout

Bench Press
45x12
135x5
185x3
225x1
255x3
255x3
255x3
255x3
255x3
255x3
again low reps relatively speaking but had a nice pump after this! 255 moved fast!

Power Clean
135x2
185x1
205x1
205x1
205x1
205x1
205x1
205x1
205x1
205x1

225x12
215x12
205x12
195x12
185x12

155x8
155x8
155x8

Glute Ham Raises
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

One arm Dumbbell Snatch
40x5
40x5
40x5

That was the workout!
overall a little more hypertrophy and actually had a nice chest/ hamstring pump going by the end. I am real curious as to what this would do for someone who is high carb and always trains hypertrophy. I was even surprised and for a few seconds thought about hitting an AMRAP on some chest machines just to see how it feels!

Macros for Thursday
230g protein
210g carbs
71 fat

2 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 142g carbs (protein pancakes with jelly)
2 Slinmax taken before bed with 0g carbs

So I just wanted to say merry christmas to you all and my next check in will be tomorrow night and will catch me up completely through day 16 since I always post a day later! So far my body comp has changed a little bit and after 2 weeks i took my initial pic post dinner tonight so we will see how things pan out over these next 2 weeks!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Merry Christmas to you as well. Glad you are enjoying SlinMax. For dosing we have recommended with meal for those who may have GI discomfort. I personal like about 20 mins pre, because when I do eat I get warm feeling and also seem to fill up faster.

As far as Alphamax XT, all I can say is 1 ingredient was dropped, and 5 added. Oh and you will be very happy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
couple questions on that, I know you obviously cant release details but i did see youre coming out with an XT version, is it bigger and better? one thing I was worried about was the new version having DAA in it, which if that was the case I would be extremely disappointed. Otherwise I am excited to see what comes of that. I love me some alphamax! I have been running it 8 weeks on8off for close to a year and a half now!

Also question with slinmax: I know it is recommended to take before a meal, about 15min or so, but is there any advantage or downfall to taking it with a meal or slightly after. For the most part ive been good with taking it before but Once in a while its with the meal. I have also taken GDAs post meal in the past because thats what the label says. Just curious your thoughts on this!
If you know Performax, then you know the only real quality ingredients will be in the new AlphaMax XT!

For the GDA dosing, some people experience gas or bloating from berberine. That is why we did not go over 200 mg in a serving. If a person experiences those symptoms, they should subside within a week or so, but until then, dosing right before a meal, with the meal or right after helps with the gas/bloat. That is when I would advise to take it close or with a meal.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Merry Christmas to you as well. Glad you are enjoying SlinMax. For dosing we have recommended with meal for those who may have GI discomfort. I personal like about 20 mins pre, because when I do eat I get warm feeling and also seem to fill up faster.

As far as Alphamax XT, all I can say is 1 ingredient was dropped, and 5 added. Oh and you will be very happy.
If you know Performax, then you know the only real quality ingredients will be in the new AlphaMax XT!

For the GDA dosing, some people experience gas or bloating from berberine. That is why we did not go over 200 mg in a serving. If a person experiences those symptoms, they should subside within a week or so, but until then, dosing right before a meal, with the meal or right after helps with the gas/bloat. That is when I would advise to take it close or with a meal.
Thanks for the replies guys I definitely look forward to alphamax XT! gonna finish 2 bottles of my original before getting some of the new stuff :D I never experienced any type of bloating or gas with berberine and actually have never experienced any type of GI distress even when I have taken it 3 caps at a time!

DAY 15-17

So im back everyone, I hope yall had a great christmas and are looking forward to a great New Year! IM sorry for my lack of posts! I was out of town, no data/internet but I do have some info written down!

So no working out from Christmas eve until today!

Days 15-17 were pretty much the same all 3 days, lots of foods and well timed slin max! I snagged a couple pictures starting day 15 and will post the changed from day 15-day 30.

So while there were no macro tracking, I made sure not to binge TOO hard but yes i have been in a state of high carbs! We will be cleaning things up!

So how i went about SlinMix over these last few days is 2 capsules with my highest carb meals aka dinner, christmas dinner, last dinner and today for dinner. and 2 caps fasted before bed. I chose not to break up the caps any further because i wanted to see how 2 caps before bed worked fasted when i had high amounts of carbs (500-600). I will be able to get a weight check tomorrow but as far as the mirror, Nothing has really changed. It so far has been the ULTIMATE damage control!

I will be working out tomorrow and tuesday and the lifts will be heavy and full of volume so I will get a real test of how this has been working for me while i have been carbing up! looking forward to getting back on track and I believe I will be purchasing another bottle to hopefully run right after this since I have been loving it so much!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 18! So the carb up day went well and even though i was out of pre workout, it still went better than expected!
SO lets get right into the workout!

The workout

Hang Clean
45x5
135x3
185x2
225x1
245x1
265x1
285x1
285x1(missed first attempt nailed second
285x1
285x1(missed first attempet nailed second)
PRs and no chalk at the rec so the hookgrip needed to be strong!

Pause Squat
135x2
185x2
245x2
245x2
245x2
245x2
245x2
245x2

Floor Bench Press
235x8
225x8
215x8
205x8
195x8

Snatch Pulls
185x4
185x4
185x4

Dumbbell Bulgarian Squat
25x5
25x5
25x5

Good Mornings Superset with sidebends superset with plate twists
135x5
135x5
135x5

That was the workout!

Macros for yesterday
233g protein
271g carbs
56g fat

2 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 72g carbs

2 Slinmax taken before bed with about 112g carbs ate prior (about an hour prior)

After the holiday weight is at 241! Was a volume PR and I was pretty thrilled about that! Watching the carbs and tracking everything more closely and its starting to pay off a little bit. i got 12 more days to make some great gains and show the true power of SlinMax!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 19
Todays workout was much more disappointing than last, and unfortunately, Sometimes, these workouts really knock ya down a peg.. here we go

The workout

Back Squat
135x5
185x3
225x1
275x1
315x2
365x1
395x1
425x1--Failed
425x1-needed a little help
425x1-spotter said he didng help
425x1 needed a little help
425x1 need a timy tap on the chest.
Carbs were low and honestly I felt extremely depressed after missing the first rep..

Incline Bench
135x2
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

Clean Pulls
235x3
225x3
215x3
205x3
195x3

Weighted Box Jumps
3x5 with bodyweight but upped the height of the boxes compared to the last couple weeks

Dumbbell shoulder press
25x8
25x8
25x8

SO because of my bad shoulder I basically did this with as perfect form as I possibly could. hence the really light weight

SL DB RDL
25x4
25x4
25x4

That was that. Still a little upset i missed a back squat rep but i guess it happens.

Macros for yesterday
256g protein
182g carbs
46g fat

Definitely taking advantage of those tough workouts and gonna have a little bit of a cheat so I feel better physically these next couple days!
2 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 60g carbs
2 Slinmax to be taken before bed fasted (last meal at 10)

So the low calorie and no preworkout battle struck again. unfortunately I lost it this time. Next actually lift wont be until sunday though. possibly thursday but more than likely sunday. anyway these heavy singles are going to pop up again shortly so Im hoping that the reason i struggled so much was the less than 24 hr recovery time, and having practice right before the lift. Either way Ill redeem myself next week!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still a pretty good looking training session! Did you train fasted?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Still a pretty good looking training session! Did you train fasted?
Not bad at all, looks like some awesome workouts!
Sorry for the late reply guys! Posting from Mobile on my way back home from vacation! As far as the session, Nope it wasn't fastes, infact i ate about an hour and a half before and it was a decent sized meal: A cup an a half of rice and 6oz of top round with a cup of juice. So I think it was a decent sized meal it was just because of poor sleep and more than likely rushing to get the workout done the day after a heavy lift. Maybe if Id have taken a slinsane or two Preworkout Id have more effectively used those nutrients ;)

Anyhow sorry guys I failed to mention I had been in a brief vacation the last two days and while I didn't post much I have been tracking macros and exact nutrients so I'll post those up tomorrow morning. I'll also be getting on my last session of the week tomorrow afternoon so im excited to see how that goes! Nearly approaching the final week of slinmax but luckily more on the way :)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
DAY20 (from the 31st) Since I had no workouts over break and just resuming today, i got all of my stuff tracked to type up here!

Macros
Protein 241g
Carbohydrates 246g
Fat 71g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (98g carbs)
1 Slin Max mid afternoon with 46g carbs (starbucks)
1 Slin Max before bed fasted prior meal was 2 hours before

Day 21 (New Years)
Macros
Protein 216g
Carbohydrates 303g
Fat 54g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (145 carbs) PANCAKES AND JUICE!

2Slin Max before bed fasted prior meal was 2 hours before

Macros
Protein 241g
Carbohydrates 246g
Fat 71g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (98g carbs)
1 Slin Max mid afternoon with 46g carbs (starbucks)
1 Slin Max before bed fasted prior meal was 2 hours before

Day 22 (yesterday)
Macros
Protein 299g
Carbohydrates 175g
Fat 96g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (68g carbs) had some hashbrowns steak and eggs

2Slin Max before bed fasted prior meal was an hour before

Lots of meat and nuts were eatin today, also had shrimp and cocktail sauce, cheese and other goodies

SO these were the last 3 days! WIll be finishing out this log strong now that Im back at school for our interim period and I can focus on this
log and finishing these gains!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 23 (sunday) so im a little late posting this but was pretty busy with interim starting so now I should be good, this monday was just hectic!

The workout

Bench Press
45x12
135x5
185x3
225x1
275x1
305x1
325x1
325x1
325x1
325x1
325x1
HUGE VOLUME PR! i had only done 325 by myself one other time in my life. and i hit it for 5

Power Clean
135x2
185x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
215x1
155x12
155x12
155x12
155x12
155x12

135x8
135x8
135x8

Glute Ham Raises
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

One arm Dumbbell Snatch
40x5
40x5
40x5

That was the workout!
Extremely happy with the PR, also to be noted weight was at 247 -_- I find it hard to believe so i checked today and was only 243. i think it was a scale error

Macros for Thursday
202g protein
320g carbs
65 fat

2 Slin Max taken with breakfast which was 98g carbs (protein pancakes with jelly and syrup combo)
2 Slinmax taken before bed fasted no carbs

So I will have a longer post tomorrow, this heavy lifting, poor sleep and slightly ****ty eating has caught up to me todays workout (monday) was absolutely brutal and I hit a low point for the first time in 4 years. And I say that with all due respect to myself and the individual who makes my lifting program. I just hit an all time low. I did however persevere and am looking forward to a rest day tomorrow! Thanks for bearing with me here folks! I know this isnt the best log I have done but I am trying to do what I can to keep everyone in my life happy! I need to prioritize better!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Day 24 yesterday and boy was it a doozie

The workout

Hang Clean
45x5
135x3
185x2
225x1
245x1
265x2
285x2
285x2
285x2
285x2
9 total failed reps at 265 within this exercise (will elaborate later)
5 second descent Squat
135x2
185x2
225x1
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2

BRUTAlLeven at about 55%
Dumbbell Bench press
80x8
75x8
75x8
70x8
65x8
E-Z. which im surprised
Split Jerk
135x5
135x5
135x5

Most since my shoulder injury which is great that I can do this again!
Banded Deadlift (105lbs of tension at top+ barweight)
245x6
245x6
245x6

RDL's
135x5
135x5
135x5

That was it.

SO to elaborate more on those cleans. We have been working with over 80% of our maxes for the last 6 weeks and will for the next 4. However this session. hang cleans were at 85 % of our max for 2 reps. i could not even get the first set and basically did 10 spaced out singles throughout the rest of the workout. This took over an hour for hang cleans alone I was running on minimal sleep(5hrs) and not a lot of substantial food (protein bars) and had severe stomach cramps before lifting which had a diuretic effect as well. It was an absolute brutal workout. Thrown into that mix I also had 8 misses at 265. Its a routein weight ive got so many times before and it flat out kicked my ass. I could not figure out how to get this properly. SO realistically I was beyond frustrated. I was so upset with myself that i legitimately did not say a single word or make a single noise the rest of the time i was at the rec. I ignored a lot of friends and teammates and honestly emotions got the best of me. It was the toughest day of lifting i had in 4 years and the worst when it comes to makes and misses. I took today off (tues) and may take tomorrow off as well. I have been throwing and at practice and that has also been extremely rough.

So the goal may be to take two days off, eat rest recover relax and get my vitamins and minerals in. Hopefully squat day goes much better!

Macros for yesterday
216g protein
219g carbs
68g fat

2 Slin Max taken with a preworkout meal which was 68g carbs

2 Slinmax taken before bed fasted because I was too upset to eat

Weighed in at 243 post workout which was a 4lb drop in one day. obviously water and junk food out of my system but were moving on. I know I will see better days and SlinMax is helping me through it!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you noticed an increase in pumps? I'm curious since your training is geared toward lower reps.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Have you noticed an increase in pumps? I'm curious since your training is geared toward lower reps.
Good question so, heres what I noticed, because my power movements are low reps i dont get a pump from bench per se, however when I do the higher rep movements towards the end of the workout i get a pump quicker. anything over 6 reps and when I am carbed up normally I even get a pump from those lefts. Usually the lifts that I get it the most are during any chest movement or rowing motion. Occasionally Ill hit a set of hammer curls to failure after the workout and funny enough my forearms and bi's will be pumped after that.

Where I may not get a "pump" I feel that without a doubt SlinMax has helped me to optimize carbs on low carb days to get through a two a day workout/lift. Honestly I have about 6 days left and hoping my 2nd bottle gets here soon but without a doubt I am saying this is my favorite GDA of all time :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice man! Glad you ordered a bottle. By the time that one comes and you use it, there will be sales out for the Arnold. That means more discounts and you can stock up!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Nice man! Glad you ordered a bottle. By the time that one comes and you use it, there will be sales out for the Arnold. That means more discounts and you can stock up!
thats the goal honestly! you guys havent made a product I havent liked! Do you recommend coming off of it for a period? or does it not matter?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
DAY25 and day 26(today) Since I had no workouts over break and just resuming today, i got all of my stuff tracked to type up here!;5207089]

Day 25
Macros
Protein 261g
Carbohydrates 196g
Fat 68g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (76g carbs rice chicken raspberry chipotle sauce)
2 Slin Max before bed fasted

Day 26
Macros
Protein 292g
Carbohydrates 288g
Fat 79g

2 Slin Max with breakfast (45 carbs protein bars)

2Slin Max before bed with jimmy johns just now

no lifting yesterday and today which is really nice, i got a nap in and feel pretty rested! looking forward to a big squat day tomorrow and I cant wait to crank them out!!