Is Planet Fitness really all that bad from a gym layout?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
She better slow her roll before she gets kicked out.
I read a lot of negative comments about Planet Fitness, but the one in our area (PA) must be different, I do cardio there 2-4 nights a week, and there is always some doing walking lunges up and down the aisle, people deadlift, squatting and benching 315+ pounds. I have never seen anyone being told to "tone it down " or heard a "Lunk Alarm". That being said they don't have a dead lifting platform or cater to powerlifters, but I think it is a great place for the General Public to train and get or stay in shape, the female trainer there is a retired (60+ years old) bodybuilder and in great shape. So I would same much like bodybuilders them selves, lets not let a few "bad eggs" spoil the whole name for everyone. Can't we all just get along!!

Rant Over !

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I read a lot of negative comments about Planet Fitness, but the one in our area (PA) must be different, I do cardio there 2-4 nights a week, and there is always some doing walking lunges up and down the aisle, people deadlift, squatting and benching 315+ pounds. I have never seen anyone being told to "tone it down " or heard a "Lunk Alarm". That being said they don't have a dead lifting platform or cater to powerlifters, but I think it is a great place for the General Public to train and get or stay in shape, the female trainer there is a retired (60+ years old) bodybuilder and in great shape. So I would same much like bodybuilders them selves, lets not let a few "bad eggs" spoil the whole name for everyone. Can't we all just get along!! Rant Over !
It really is at the "Managers Discretion". I've seen the brand hid behind this statement and it creates a lot of leeway and different views on how individual gyms are ran. That being said I think it's a great place to go for the heck of going. Let's not say train or get in shape as those are things they have been documented being against. I don't need to post a bunch of court claims Google the news reports lol. Hell the commercials are huge turn offs for me. If that's what ya wna do go for it, but the environment for success I just don't believe is exists there.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very simple!
No love for Planet Fitness!
It's a joke! The whole concept is a joke....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The TV commercials are a slap in the face, but I turn the other cheek. It handy, cheap and a convent place for me to do cardio.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The TV commercials are a slap in the face, but I turn the other cheek. It handy, cheap and a convent place for me to do cardio.
If PF were my ONLY option, sure.

No ones hating on you for going. Everyone in here takes fitness pretty seriously, obviously. PF doesn't. That's all.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
In my opinion PF is a nice place to have as an option because honestly most people go there to do cardio. Cardio is a very important part of bodybuilding, lets not forget that. So if I want to go somewhere to work on my cardio, PF is my number one choice. I also can get a good leg workout in at PF since they have tons of leg machines and yes you can deadlift with a Smith if needed. I also can get a really solid shoulder workout in at PF. They have everything you need. The dumbbells go up to 75 pounds and that is plenty to work shoulders well. For me anyway.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my opinion PF is a nice place to have as an option because honestly most people go there to do cardio. Cardio is a very important part of bodybuilding, lets not forget that. So if I want to go somewhere to work on my cardio, PF is my number one choice. I also can get a good leg workout in at PF since they have tons of leg machines and yes you can deadlift with a Smith if needed. I also can get a really solid shoulder workout in at PF. They have everything you need. The dumbbells go up to 75 pounds and that is plenty to work shoulders well. For me anyway.
image-2554694964.jpg

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^^hahahahahahaha omg I just hit the floor in the clinic!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I don't think for most people PF is a bad gym. For the hard core no it will not work but for the person that just wants a place to work up a sweat it looks like it could be a great place... I say looks because my wife a I never made it past the front desk, here is my store about a experance about planet fitness.....

My wife and I went to a new planet fitness that opened up close to where we live. So we went in to check it out. We walked up the the front desk and this is how is goes...

Wife: hey we would like to the gym out.
Clerk: are you going to sign up?
Me: that's why we want to try the place out
Clerk: well are you goin to sign up?
Wife: maybe after if we like it.
Clerk: well it's $20 a person to workout (day pass)
Me: really? That like 2 months membership...
Wife: lets just go...
Me: yeah I'm not gonna pay that much for 1day to workout. ( we begin to walk away)
Clerk: (under her breath) said something I couldn't make out
Other clerk to clerk we where talkin to: (under his Breath ) you know you said that loud
Me: what did you say?
Clerk: look like a dear in the head lights and Thought about it and said, "Just suck all the fun out of it"
Me: ? That's not what you said how does that have anything to do with the conversation we were having? As I turn to walk aaway
Clerk: Have a nice day ( In a condescending up tone)
Me: As I turn back around I say what's your name?
Clerk: She looks at her coworker then looks back at me tells me her name
Me: Now I will have a great day thank you.

Then we left. The point was the girl didn't want to show us around she didn't want to do anything for us other than asking find out if we are going to sign up or not. So needless to say I was pissed about the whole situation. Not that we would ever work out of that place on a regular basis we just want to go and check it out and see what the lunk alert was all about. And see if I can set it off.

Again for the average person just trying to get a little workout in I don't think is anything wrong with planet fitness. It's just not for a fit in shape guy like My wife and I.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I like setting the lunk alarm off. Shows that I am working hard.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like setting the lunk alarm off. Shows that I am working hard.
I like not having a lunk alarm. Shows that I'm in an environment where it's expected of you to work hard.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I take pride in setting a good example for others. If Lunk alarm goes off it means you are busting your ass.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
You have no reason to be here. You are a powerlifter and this thread does not relate to you because its about bodybuilders at PF.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have no reason to be here. You are a powerlifter and this thread does not relate to you because its about bodybuilders at PF.
FFS! I'm sure most of us bodybuilders ( not u),
Would not train at planet fitness..
U have no fkn clue! Do u!

I'd like to say many more things to u, but it's not worth it!
That is all......

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think everyone is welcome

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have no contribution to the forum and have no reason to be here at all.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
In the words of a man who does not post all that often anymore
"I also posted in this thread" napalm

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Off work, on my way to Planet Fitness!!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Debate time: workout at PF for a month, or do Crossfit for a month.....

Go:

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Cross fit... Hands down. I might get hurt but at least I wouldn't get kicked out for kickin ass

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
25 Minutes of HIIT on the Elliptical...Good Work Out !

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
FFS! I'm sure most of us bodybuilders ( not u),
Would not train at planet fitness..
U have no fkn clue! Do u!

I'd like to say many more things to u, but it's not worth it!
That is all......
Don't worry, can't take you serious anyway. Since you use your own ass as an avatar on here. But hey keep telling me I have no clue. Good luck with that. By the way, you should squat more.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't worry, can't take you serious anyway. Since you use your own ass as an avatar on here. But hey keep telling me I have no clue. Good luck with that. By the way, you should squat more.
Taking shots at Mags is bold but hey such things happen and atleast she doesn't hid behind a pic of someone. She's comfortable enough to show it off and you.....well let's face it no1 cares what Ya really look like. I didn't mind a lot of your posts until you decided to verbally attack a girl who busts her ass AND actually competes. Honestly how immature of you to target her out of all the people blasting ya. Smh in disappointment

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Doesn't hide behind the pic of someone? She has a picture of her ass that looks like many other asses. I don't see a face and don't care to. Carry on.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't hide behind the pic of someone? She has a picture of her ass that looks like many other asses. I don't see a face and don't care to. Carry on.
Nope...you're just a coward that criticizes someone that is in better shape than 99.99% of this board.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Rodja she won't sleep with you. You do not get lucky hitting on her on here.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja she won't sleep with you. You do not get lucky hitting on her on here.
You're ridiculous, kid. Complimenting is not hitting on her, but you've shown how little character you have by slamming someone who actually has the courage to compete and show their face while you hide behind a computer like a coward. I hope you're in 1/10th as good of shape as she is.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking shots at Mags is bold but hey such things happen and atleast she doesn't hid behind a pic of someone. She's comfortable enough to show it off and you.....well let's face it no1 cares what Ya really look like. I didn't mind a lot of your posts until you decided to verbally attack a girl who busts her ass AND actually competes. Honestly how immature of you to target her out of all the people blasting ya. Smh in disappointment
It's obvious at this point by many of his threads he's a misogynistic troll. Not surprised he targeted Mags at all.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Off work in 45 minutes, Than it is off to Planet Fitness for Tanning, Cardio and Some Abs !! See you all There!!

Oh and Magdalena I like your avatar, You put the work in and it shows!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Off work in 45 minutes, Than it is off to Planet Fitness for Tanning, Cardio and Some Abs !! See you all There!!
You can do that anywhere though so trying to convince people its a good place to do cardio and abs, when I can do that for free outside, is kinda moot

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can do that anywhere though so trying to convince people its a good place to do cardio and abs, when I can do that for free outside, is kinda moot
It is good for me, and that is all that really matters. I'm Happy !

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
It's obvious at this point by many of his threads he's a misogynistic troll. Not surprised he targeted Mags at all.
We are cool me and her. No need to feel we are not. I apologized to her. It was uncalled for so I told her I was sorry.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It is good for me, and that is all that really matters. I'm Happy !
Oh definitely. If you can do what you enjoy there, then no problem. But a lot of us cant so we bash ut

napalm

napalm

Awards
This thread is the biggest piece of shyt in the history of pieces of shyt...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This thread is the biggest piece of shyt in the history of pieces of shyt...
I think it is pretty pointless....but entertaining !!

aesop730

Awards
Pf isn't the best, but it can get the job done.
It is hypocritical w/ the lunk alarm, and all that, but if you go at the right time you can avoid all of that junk, and get in some good training.

Some individuals may feel they're bad for the industry, but in some eyes they're what the country needs, cause a lot of folks can get intimidated by seasoned weight trainers, and get discouraged pretty quickly cause a lot of weight trainers can be very hard on cats new to weight training/fitness. By coming here one can gain confidence, and eventually branch out to a more complete gym.

It works for me,and my current budget, and because it's one everywhere. It sucks cause they limit the weight limit, and don't have any free weights, but it's not the worst.

I was in the army, and a member of some notable gyms, and becoming a member of pf irked me @ first, but when I went and checked it out, it wasn't that bad, and I was actually shocked to see dudes there who you could tell are serious about their training.

It is what it is. If it's not for you then it's not, and that's why it's not the only game in town. Thankfully.