Is my metabolism slowing??

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I have been in prep for 11 weeks now. The coach that I hired I do not agree with everything that he is doing. Just wanted anyone else's opinion. Started prep 237 I'm about 6ft 22yr old. I know I'm a "big boy" lol. At this moment 9 weeks out I am 208/209 goal is to get around 190-193.well about two weeks ago the guy drops my calories to 1500. Lost 7 lbs in two weeks but then just stopped. Protein is around 260,fat18,carbs like 80g including like 15-20g fiber. Gives me high days like 1-2 days a week maybe.MAYBE. Cardio is at 50min 7 days a week and I am SOOO fatigued I feel so weak training so tired. When I have a high day the food just sits there and takes so long to digest. I just feel like for this amount of misery I should a lot of lower in weight. Anyone's thoughts? Sorry if I wasn't 100% clear ,sort of rambling

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
you lost 7 lbs in two weeks, so, when's the last time you lost weight. how much? That's a lot of cardio. I don't know if its too much, as I have yet to contest prep. the entire situation sounds so miserable! props to you for doing it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thats actaully a very similar die tto what I've done this summer. I do 1600 cals, low fat/carb, high protein 5 days and have 2 days of refeed/cheats. I've seen the best muscle maintaining of my life and still ahve gotten to the elvel of leanness I wanted... Those cals seem pretty low for you though as you're a bit bigger than me, but not by much. I might have put you at 1700-1800 and then refeeds at 2800-3000 twice a week.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Yuck, cals too low in my mind. I would die,but then again I am a much larger dude. I'd want to cut strictly fat since you put on some nice size... at a 6ft frame to be 190 to me at 6ft is too small to look huge on stage. I'd rather be slightly less conditioned at that height to come in much bigger than everyone else. 6ft 205@ 7or 8% looks massive next to a 6ft 190@ 6%. All it is, is an opinion but keep up the work dude, it will pay off. Just remember nothing replaces genetics, not even hard work...but hard work+genetics is king.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
OP, calories seem really low? Why the sudden drop? What were you before that?