Is Anamorelin A BUFFED Up MK677?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I've been hearing some very interesting anecdotal evidence from a few top level national competitors as well as some pros that I talk with regularly and it seems anamorelin is showing some TREMENDOUS in field results. There isn't much research on it but I will post some below. Does anyone else have experience with anamorelin? Does any have any anecdotal or research based knowledge to add to help us all become more educated on the subject?

Pharmacodynamic hormonal effects of anamorelin, a novel oral ghrelin mimetic and growth hormone secretagogue in healthy volunteers.

OBJECTIVE:
Activation of ghrelin receptors stimulates GH secretion and appetite, increasing lean body mass and body weight. However, clinical use of ghrelin is limited because it has a short half-life and must be administered parenterally. Anamorelin is a novel, orally active, non-peptidic ghrelin mimetic and growth hormone secretagogue. Our objective was to evaluate its hormonal effects in healthy subjects.
DESIGN:
A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study evaluated the short-term effects of anamorelin on GH, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3), prolactin, ACTH, LH, FSH, TSH, cortisol, insulin and glucose. Normal healthy volunteers (n=32) recruited from the general population were administered escalating doses of anamorelin (25, 50, and 75 mg daily) vs. placebo.
RESULTS:
Anamorelin significantly increased GH levels at all doses (p<or=0.01). Effects on the somatotropic axis were maintained, as evidenced by sustained increases in IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 compared to placebo following 5-6 days of treatment. Negligible effects on other anterior pituitary hormone profiles and on fasting glucose were noted and all mean hormone levels remained within normal range. Some degree of insulin resistance as assessed by HOMA-IR was evident after treatment with 75 mg dose but not with the 25 or the 50 mg doses. Significant dose-related increases in body weight were recorded. Changes in body weight directly correlated with changes in IGF-1 levels. Anamorelin was well tolerated.
CONCLUSIONS:
Anamorelin increases GH, IGF-1, IGFBP-3 and body weight with good tolerability and selectivity, without affecting other anterior pituitary axes or fasting glucose levels.

Pharmacodynamic hormonal effects of anamorelin, a novel oral ghrelin mimetic and growth hormone secretagogue in healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

Therapeutic potential of anamorelin, a novel, oral ghrelin mimetic, in patients with cancer-related cachexia: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, crossover, pilot study.

Abstract
PURPOSE:
Cachexia in cancer adversely affects patients' perception of symptoms, well-being, and response to therapy, and shortens survival. Anamorelin, an oral mimetic of ghrelin, has been shown to increase body weight and anabolic hormone levels in healthy volunteers and is being investigated to treat cancer cachexia.
METHODS:
This multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study evaluated the effects of anamorelin in 16 patients with different cancers and cachexia. Patients were randomly assigned to anamorelin 50 mg/day or placebo for 3 days. A 3- to 7-day washout period followed and then treatments were switched. Assessments included body weight, appetite, food intake, growth hormone (GH) levels, patient-reported symptom assessments (e.g., the Anderson Symptom Assessment Scale [ASAS] and also an inclusion criterion), and safety.
RESULTS:
Anamorelin significantly increased body weight compared with placebo (0.77 kg vs. -0.33 kg). Food intake increased compared with placebo, but not significantly. GH significantly increased at all time points (0.5-4 h postdose). Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) significantly increased by 54.09 ng/mL with anamorelin treatment compared with -3.56 ng/mL for placebo; significant changes in insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) were 0.75 μg/mL vs. -0.19 μg/mL, respectively. Patient-reported symptoms, including appetite as measured by ASAS, significantly improved with anamorelin (8.1 vs. 1.0 for placebo). Adverse events (AEs) in four patients were possibly or probably related to anamorelin: hyperglycemia (two patients), nausea (one patient), and dizziness (one patient). Most AEs were mild; no patients withdrew due to AEs.
CONCLUSIONS:
Anamorelin showed significant metabolic, clinical, and patient-rated effects in cancer cachexia. Further studies are warranted.

Therapeutic potential of anamorelin, a novel, oral ghrelin mimetic, in patients with cancer-related cachexia: a multicenter, randomized, double-bli... - PubMed - NCBI

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, in this study it state that it is anabolic
Phase III trials of anamorelin in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and cachexia (ROMANA 1 and 2). | 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstracts | Meeting Library
Phase III trials of anamorelin in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and cachexia (ROMANA 1 and 2).

Subcategory:*
Symptom Management/Supportive Care
Category:*
Patient and Survivor Care
Meeting:*
2015 ASCO Annual Meeting
Session Type and Session Title:*
Oral Abstract Session, Patient and Survivor Care
Abstract Number:*

Citation:*
J Clin Oncol 33, 2015 (suppl; abstr 9500)
Author(s):*
Jennifer S. Temel, David Christopher Currow, Kenneth Fearon, Ying Yan, John Friend, Amy Pickar Abernethy; Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia; Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom; Helsinn Therapeutics (US), Inc., Bridgewater, NJ; Duke University, Durham, NC

Abstract Disclosures

Abstract:*

Background: Patients with advanced cancers frequently experience anorexia and cachexia, which is associated with decreased functional status and poor tolerance of chemotherapy. ROMANA 1 and 2 were two randomized, double blind trials evaluating the effect of anamorelin, a ghrelin receptor agonist, on cachexia in patients with advanced NSCLC. Methods: We randomly assigned 484 patients (ROMANA 1) and 495 patients (ROMANA 2) with inoperable stage III or stage IV NSCLC and cachexia ( ≥ 5% weight loss within prior 6 months or BMI < 20 kg/m2) to placebo or anamorelin 100 mg orally once daily. Co-primary efficacy endpoints were the change in lean body mass and handgrip strength from baseline over 12 weeks. Secondary endpoints included change in body weight and symptom burden over 12 weeks and pooled survival from ROMANA 1 and ROMANA 2. Exploratory analyses evaluated change in total body mass and fat mass from baseline to 12 weeks. Results: Patients assigned to anamorelin experienced an increase in lean body mass compared to those assigned to placebo in ROMANA 1 (1.10 vs -0.44 kg, p < 0.001) and ROMANA 2 (0.75 vs -0.96 kg, p < 0.001), but no difference in handgrip strength. Patients assigned to anamorelin also had a significant increase in body weight (2.2 vs 0.14 kg, p < 0.001) and (0.95 vs -0.57 kg, p < 0.001) and improvement in their anorexia/cachexia symptoms (4.12 vs 1.92, p < 0.001) and (3.48 vs 1.34, p = 0.002) in ROMANA 1 and 2, respectively. Exploratory analysis demonstrated an increase in total body mass (2.87 vs 0.07 kg, p < 0.001) and (2.04 vs -0.59 kg, p < 0.001), and fat mass (1.21 vs -0.13 kg, p < 0.001) and (0.77 vs 0.09 kg, p = 0.012) for anamorelin versus placebo in the two studies, respectively. Anamorelin was well tolerated with hyperglycemia and diabetes as the most frequent drug-related adverse events ( ≤ 5%). Median 1-year survival was not different between study arms. Conclusions: Anamorelin increased lean body mass, body weight, total body mass and fat mass indicating anabolic activity and restoration of energy balance in patients with advanced NSCLC. Patients also experienced significant improvement in anorexia/cachexia symptoms. Anamorelin was well tolerated, with similar pooled survival between study arms. Clinical trial information: NCT01387269 and NCT01387282

Abstracts by Jennifer S. Temel:
A randomized, controlled trial of a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) video decision support tool for seriously ill hospitalized patients with advanced cancer.
Meeting: 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstract No: 9516 | First Author: Areej El-Jawahri
Category: Patient and Survivor Care - End-of-Life Care
A safety extension study of anamorelin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients with cachexia: ROMANA 3.
Meeting: 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstract No: e20715 | First Author: David Christopher Currow
Category: Patient and Survivor Care - Symptom Management/Supportive Care
Association between oncologists’ dispositional affect and depressive symptoms in their patients with metastatic cancer.
Meeting: 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstract No: 9559 | First Author: William F. Pirl
Category: Patient and Survivor Care - Psychosocial Research

Wreckosaurus

Awards
First I've heard of this compound. Anybody making it yet?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Interesting, in this tidy it state that it is anabolic
Phase III trials of anamorelin in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and cachexia (ROMANA 1 and 2). | 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstracts | Meeting Library
Phase III trials of anamorelin in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and cachexia (ROMANA 1 and 2).

Subcategory:*
Symptom Management/Supportive Care
Category:*
Patient and Survivor Care
Meeting:*
2015 ASCO Annual Meeting
Session Type and Session Title:*
Oral Abstract Session, Patient and Survivor Care
Abstract Number:*

Citation:*
J Clin Oncol 33, 2015 (suppl; abstr 9500)
Author(s):*
Jennifer S. Temel, David Christopher Currow, Kenneth Fearon, Ying Yan, John Friend, Amy Pickar Abernethy; Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia; Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom; Helsinn Therapeutics (US), Inc., Bridgewater, NJ; Duke University, Durham, NC

Abstract Disclosures

Abstract:*

Background: Patients with advanced cancers frequently experience anorexia and cachexia, which is associated with decreased functional status and poor tolerance of chemotherapy. ROMANA 1 and 2 were two randomized, double blind trials evaluating the effect of anamorelin, a ghrelin receptor agonist, on cachexia in patients with advanced NSCLC. Methods: We randomly assigned 484 patients (ROMANA 1) and 495 patients (ROMANA 2) with inoperable stage III or stage IV NSCLC and cachexia ( ≥ 5% weight loss within prior 6 months or BMI < 20 kg/m2) to placebo or anamorelin 100 mg orally once daily. Co-primary efficacy endpoints were the change in lean body mass and handgrip strength from baseline over 12 weeks. Secondary endpoints included change in body weight and symptom burden over 12 weeks and pooled survival from ROMANA 1 and ROMANA 2. Exploratory analyses evaluated change in total body mass and fat mass from baseline to 12 weeks. Results: Patients assigned to anamorelin experienced an increase in lean body mass compared to those assigned to placebo in ROMANA 1 (1.10 vs -0.44 kg, p < 0.001) and ROMANA 2 (0.75 vs -0.96 kg, p < 0.001), but no difference in handgrip strength. Patients assigned to anamorelin also had a significant increase in body weight (2.2 vs 0.14 kg, p < 0.001) and (0.95 vs -0.57 kg, p < 0.001) and improvement in their anorexia/cachexia symptoms (4.12 vs 1.92, p < 0.001) and (3.48 vs 1.34, p = 0.002) in ROMANA 1 and 2, respectively. Exploratory analysis demonstrated an increase in total body mass (2.87 vs 0.07 kg, p < 0.001) and (2.04 vs -0.59 kg, p < 0.001), and fat mass (1.21 vs -0.13 kg, p < 0.001) and (0.77 vs 0.09 kg, p = 0.012) for anamorelin versus placebo in the two studies, respectively. Anamorelin was well tolerated with hyperglycemia and diabetes as the most frequent drug-related adverse events ( ≤ 5%). Median 1-year survival was not different between study arms. Conclusions: Anamorelin increased lean body mass, body weight, total body mass and fat mass indicating anabolic activity and restoration of energy balance in patients with advanced NSCLC. Patients also experienced significant improvement in anorexia/cachexia symptoms. Anamorelin was well tolerated, with similar pooled survival between study arms. Clinical trial information: NCT01387269 and NCT01387282

Abstracts by Jennifer S. Temel:
A randomized, controlled trial of a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) video decision support tool for seriously ill hospitalized patients with advanced cancer.
Meeting: 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstract No: 9516 | First Author: Areej El-Jawahri
Category: Patient and Survivor Care - End-of-Life Care
A safety extension study of anamorelin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients with cachexia: ROMANA 3.
Meeting: 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstract No: e20715 | First Author: David Christopher Currow
Category: Patient and Survivor Care - Symptom Management/Supportive Care
Association between oncologists’ dispositional affect and depressive symptoms in their patients with metastatic cancer.
Meeting: 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting | Abstract No: 9559 | First Author: William F. Pirl
Category: Patient and Survivor Care - Psychosocial Research
Thanks for posting man! Theres under a dozen studies out there and even at that, those aren't ALL tremendous studies

First I've heard of this compound. Anybody making it yet?
Ohh its definitely out there ;)

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established

moleculargnz

Awards
I'm surprised more people don't know about this yet/hasn't really shown up in any products. I have a few studies on it saved on my computer but here's a pretty good overview from last year if anyone wants to learn more about it.

ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pmc/articles/PMC4677053/

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't imagine top npc and ifbb pros are even batting an eye to this.. Nobody is replacing their gh with this imo.. Have heard zero mention of this on underground boards.

But, looks interesting. That for posting up.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
very interesting
Defintiely!

I found it at a research chemical site, but very expensive. just google it
Yes very haha

I'm surprised more people don't know about this yet/hasn't really shown up in any products. I have a few studies on it saved on my computer but here's a pretty good overview from last year if anyone wants to learn more about it.

ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pmc/articles/PMC4677053/
Thanks for that one man!

Does it cause bloating like mk677?
So far I haven't seen much in terms of bloating on it but honestly, not 100% sure

I can't imagine top npc and ifbb pros are even batting an eye to this.. Nobody is replacing their gh with this imo.. Have heard zero mention of this on underground boards.

But, looks interesting. That for posting up.
Who said replacing… ;)

Same reason why Aceto has his clients use 5mgs CJC+DAC on top of their GH…everything has a complimentary effect and not everyone will be utilizing their highest dosage of growth year round (depending.)

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Definitely in for this. I'm not pro and I probably never will be, but I like these initial results from an oral!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Definitely in for this. I'm not pro and I probably never will be, but I like these initial results from an oral!
Remember also because I don't want this thread to come off the wrong way..

AAS + SLIN + GH IS WHATS BEEN AROUND FOREVER AND IS WHAT CAUSES DRAMATIC GROWTH…there is never going to be a groundbreaking supplement thats going to just blow you up. Its the basics with proper programming that does this.

All these peptides and new compounds are simply additions to an already immaculate looking training, nutrition, and PED program.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Very enticing, in for info! I'd love to guinea pig this **** hahaha

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Very enticing, in for info! I'd love to guinea pig this **** hahaha
Research wise its very bare…its all anecdotal and not sure if everyone is interested in just the anecdotal evidence or not...

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough, sir. Am I still correct to assume that this would be synergistic with adequately-dosed designer orals for us recreational guys, given proper nutrition and training program?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Fair enough, sir. Am I still correct to assume that this would be synergistic with adequately-dosed designer orals for us recreational guys, given proper nutrition and training program?
Definitely! The bigger issue would be actually getting your hands on it

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Remember also because I don't want this thread to come off the wrong way..

AAS + SLIN + GH IS WHATS BEEN AROUND FOREVER AND IS WHAT CAUSES DRAMATIC GROWTH…there is never going to be a groundbreaking supplement thats going to just blow you up. Its the basics with proper programming that does this.

All these peptides and new compounds are simply additions to an already immaculate looking training, nutrition, and PED program.
But, medical science and technology is advancing. We already have pretty decent GH/IGF releasing agents, and SARMs could potentially eventually replace AAS as a side effect free muscle grower. As for slin, I'll never touch it.

Baked

Baked

Banned
Awards
I'm getting some if this tomorrow from my supplier to review. I ran out of mk677 early this week and he wants me to give an honest assessment. I don't even know how I should dose it. Mg to mg with mk677 so I can get a true comparison?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
But, medical science and technology is advancing. We already have pretty decent GH/IGF releasing agents, and SARMs could potentially eventually replace AAS as a side effect free muscle grower. As for slin, I'll never touch it.
I may have worded my post wrong

I completely AGREE with you BUT, too many people are always looking for the next best PED and let training and nutrition fall to the way side. That was the point of my post.

Agreed. I'm going to ask around a little and see if anyone is planning anything.
^^^
Thanks for the post!

I'm getting some if this tomorrow from my supplier to review. I ran out of mk677 early this week and he wants me to give an honest assessment. I don't even know how I should dose it. Mg to mg with mk677 so I can get a true comparison?
Sorry brother

In terms of dosages with such a new compound I do not want to post anything public, have some new person try it, and get hurt

Baked

Baked

Banned
Awards
I understand that. My body is pretty tough when it comes to chemicals. :). I think for comparison sake I'll start with the same dose as mk677 and adjust from there. I'll let you all know how it compares.

Arthur242630

Awards
I understand that. My body is pretty tough when it comes to chemicals. :). I think for comparison sake I'll start with the same dose as mk677 and adjust from there. I'll let you all know how it compares.
From a vid by Seth of Newroids the Dosage is Between 25mg to 50mg might be microgrammes just look up Seth on YouTube via an lgd 3033 search for proper details.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There isn't much info out there on this compared to MK

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I preferred ana over MK. It’s more expensive though.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I preferred ana over MK. It’s more expensive though.
Were the effects better or did you just have less sides?

My only side with mk is prolactin, f's with my nipples.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Were the effects better or did you just have less sides?

My only side with mk is prolactin, f's with my nipples.
What do you normally use to combat prolactin,

I have not been able to get Caber so have used Inhibit P / P5P, and Prolactrone from BLR with good effects.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What do you normally use to combat prolactin,

I have not been able to get Caber so have used Inhibit P / P5P, and Prolactrone from BLR with good effects.
Unfortunately inhibit p didnt help. Caber stopped the soreness.

i mean i took up to 2 caps of inhibit p as recommended.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately inhibit p didnt help. Caber stopped the soreness.

i mean i took up to 2 caps of inhibit p as recommended.
Did you ever try prolactrone, i did find it better in the past.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Supplements 1
IGF-1/GH 0
Dangus Supplement Logs 9
Dangus Supplement Logs 0