Intraworkout, What is your favorite?

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-Methionine is kind of important, one of the most important EAAs, tastes like garbage that's why it's way down the list...
I've only ever seen eaa's in an intra be underdosed and sprinkled in, but that usually gets the EAA advocates to buy it.

Maximiliaan

Awards
Just stick to plain old water during trining. I do have a pre-work out and post work out but dont like the tast of anything but water while training

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it needed daily for added recovery or only on training days that cause the most DOMS?
don't over play it...its just carbohydrates...if you eat carbohydrates with all your other meals or a majority of your meals....and your exercise is anaerobic...and you are not a professional athlete.... this is a good way to get fat and an unnecessary time to eat carbohydrates.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't over play it...its just carbohydrates...if you eat carbohydrates with all your other meals or a majority of your meals....and your exercise is anaerobic...and you are not a professional athlete.... this is a good way to get fat and an unnecessary time to eat carbohydrates.
I usually agree with you on 99% but not here.

Too much evidence in the bodybuilding world suggesting other wise. My first hand experience being one of them

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually agree with you on 99% but not here.

Too much evidence in the bodybuilding world suggesting other wise. My first hand experience being one of them
we don't always have to agree. Glycogen is Glycogen. A very distinct difference is bodybuilding and people that workout for health/looks are two different things....

I personally like to limit the amount of insulin i release to maximize fat loss.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a bit to ensure that all 9 are present.
EAAs contain all 9 but I've read that tryptophan intraworkout can reduce cortisol although I've also read that too much serotonin can stifle testosterone

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
EAAs contain all 9 but I've read that tryptophan intraworkout can reduce cortisol although I've also read that too much serotonin can stifle testosterone
Deciding between these two formulas, thoughts?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for EAAs just take 20grams whey protein concentrate....gives you all the EAAs at correct ratios plus other amino acids. proven effective.

I'm not familiar with the other 2 formulas
I've only ever seen eaa's in an intra be underdosed and sprinkled in, but that usually gets the EAA advocates to buy it.

The reason why we go with the WPH + leucine in IntraMax is because there is actually research showing that lower doses of whey with added leucine can be as effective as higher doses of whey. Also, WPH has some promising benefits above other forms of whey and other amino acid sources in the context of intra-workout, particularly if paired with carbs. Personally, I use IntraMax and add some Gatorade powder for carbs.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Came across this while looking on predator

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do not understand how your stomach can handle anything intra-workout. WATER WATER WATER

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not understand how your stomach can handle anything intra-workout. WATER WATER WATER
If it’s thick or the flavor is very strong then I can’t either. But most products I’ve used are fine for me. Like drinking a less flavored Gatorade or a flavored water.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive used purple wrath, its good. I prefer bcaa's or bcaa's and eaa's. Gaspari's aminolast has some bcaa's with a lil extra stuff. Millennium Sports R.P.G Bcaa contains ajipure aminos which is the best ive found. Mixes and tastes great

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Deciding between these two formulas, thoughts?
Both have pros and cons. If you can front the money for both, the best option would be to use half of each as this'll cover your bases nicely. Over the course of two months the cost will be the same.
If it's one or the other, if you take a preworkout then the second formula would be better, especially if you augment it with 5-10g of free form glutamine

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both have pros and cons. If you can front the money for both, the best option would be to use half of each as this'll cover your bases nicely. Over the course of two months the cost will be the same.
If it's one or the other, if you take a preworkout then the second formula would be better, especially if you augment it with 5-10g of free form glutamine
the 2nd formula is 20 servings and ours is 30, 4g of velositol per 2 scoops? TBH this looks like a copy pasted formula taking things from 3 intras the "designer" saw that fit a COG model that was appropriate.

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
Well the company that makes the second has a stack of there stim and non stim ores and this, the formulas are crazy good, I'll just get that then, I can't believe this brand isn't bigger though, thanks.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Most gym goers (occasional patrons) probably don't know enough to be discerning and just go for the most popular brands. Who's the second formula by? I don't I've seen it before

pro45

Awards
Most gym goers (occasional patrons) probably don't know enough to be discerning and just go for the most popular brands. Who's the second formula by? I don't I've seen it before
I believe it's by a company called Morphogen. I don't use pre workouts, but I've seen this advertised on FB, along with their other products.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe it's by a company called Morphogen. I don't use pre workouts, but I've seen this advertised on FB, along with their other products.
Yes it is. I’m using that product right now as my intra (picked it up for cheap at a local bodybuilding show)

It tastes delicious (especially mixed with glycofuse)

I still prefer MPA pharmgrade over it as far as recovery but the above product tastes much better.

His Volugen pump product is awesome!