International shipping/postage rates.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My fellow international men of leisure,

Who currently have the best rates?

PES? $20 FedEx express is difficult to beat. I ordered during the sale for the first time in years.

I noticed recently Aminos, and larger products have really spiked shipping/postage costs.

Unfortunately it means I have to miss out in some brands/products but maybe there is other board sponsors I haven't tried which you have that have great rates?.

Anyone using a mail forwarding service? Is it cheaper? Aka Shipito, MyUS.

:)

*EDIT* International meaning I am from Australia, but would apply to Europeans, Asias etc

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You think you have it bad? Most us companies that ship to eu charge pretty much double the cost of the order. Making it pretty unworthy to order so you guys in the us are lucky

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You think you have it bad? Most us companies that ship to eu charge pretty much double the cost of the order. Making it pretty unworthy to order so you guys in the us are lucky
Did you even read my post? I'm from Australia, which is further than Europe from the US.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you even read my post? I'm from Australia, which is further than Europe from the US.
You never said where you were from. But anyway out of the us will cost you. And I’m not being a d1ck but I’m pretty sure the us is closer to Australia than Europe.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You never said where you were from. But anyway out of the us will cost you. And I’m not being a d1ck but I’m pretty sure the us is closer to Australia than Europe.
Sydney to LA I think is 14 hours.

New York to London took like like 8.5 hours. P.S. They're is shorter flight paths than this route(US-Europe)

Yes, Australia/Europe get stung on shipping/postage rates.
All good ?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m led to believe your custom are a real pain in the butt too.. is that right?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Some places like NP have shipping that is capped at a low rate for packages less than 1 or 2lbs. Beyond that, shipping tends to go up exponentially.

Reshippers can be expensive, but I use them to consolidate multiple packages from lots of places, so instead of paying shipping from like 5 places, i'll just pay the once. They are only cost effective if used this way, otherwise they are expensive. I buy most of everything from somewhere within the US, and unless it is Amazon or Ebay, shipping rates can be cost prohibitive.

PES's rate is hard to beat, in fact it'd be nearly impossible to beat for a package of that weight, size and distance to travel. NP's rates are hard to beat for smaller packages, capped at $7.95 for packages under 1lb.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used Stackry. Seems to be one of the better reshippers.
It's still expensive but worth it if you have several packages.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The cost may seem high, but many companies charge more.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I was just quoted $15 USPS for 4 boxes of Life Extension advanced packs. They're quite big, but it's flat rate under 4lbs.

It's non tracking, but I think companies should look at this option for internationals.

Otherwise I have to consider reshipping, and suss out the cost.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I was just quoted $15 USPS for 4 boxes of Life Extension advanced packs. They're quite big, but it's flat rate under 4lbs.

It's non tracking, but I think companies should look at this option for internationals.

Otherwise I have to consider reshipping, and suss out the cost.
I shipped two shock absorbers and boots from Amazon and it cost me $15 from the US.

I also shipped a light bar from Ebay and it cost me nothing, and it was about $100 cheaper than buying in NZ.

But the suppliers are people who ship thousands of product a month and so they prob have very low rates to do so. Enough to even absorb the cost in some cases anyhow. Supplement companies don't tend to negotiate decent rates with shippers because their total volume destined for overseas is too low to make it worthwhile for the shippers, and also many sell the majority of their product B2B and let the retailers decide shipping rates.

The main issue with cheap shipping is that it is usually not tracked and is often just put on a boat where it can take a month or more to arrive. When you're paying 30-40+ for shipping it generally arrives within a matter of days after it is shipped, and so that's what you're paying for.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I shipped two shock absorbers and boots from Amazon and it cost me $15 from the US.

I also shipped a light bar from Ebay and it cost me nothing, and it was about $100 cheaper than buying in NZ.

But the suppliers are people who ship thousands of product a month and so they prob have very low rates to do so. Enough to even absorb the cost in some cases anyhow. Supplement companies don't tend to negotiate decent rates with shippers because their total volume destined for overseas is too low to make it worthwhile for the shippers, and also many sell the majority of their product B2B and let the retailers decide shipping rates.

The main issue with cheap shipping is that it is usually not tracked and is often just put on a boat where it can take a month or more to arrive. When you're paying 30-40+ for shipping it generally arrives within a matter of days after it is shipped, and so that's what you're paying for.
Actually disagree.

Tracked via A1, NV, OL takes 2-3 weeks.

Untracked USPS takes the exact time.

Only once it took 5 weeks, most the same it's 2-3 weeks.

You're basically paying to have it tracked, it's ridiculous and when every order is $30-40 it adds up by the end if the year.

I won't even look at anything heavy anymore, and businesses should have more options.

I've never had a package not arrive from a legit business untracked.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Actually disagree.

Tracked via A1, NV, OL takes 2-3 weeks.

Untracked USPS takes the exact time.

Only once it took 5 weeks, most the same it's 2-3 weeks.

You're basically paying to have it tracked, it's ridiculous and when every order is $30-40 it adds up by the end if the year.

I won't even look at anything heavy anymore, and businesses should have more options.

I've never had a package not arrive from a legit business untracked.
You pay for tracking, priority, weight, dimensions etc. Its a host of things.

The heavier an item is, and the more space it takes up, the more it'll cost.

Shipping rates vary company to company also based on courier costs to actually get it to the depot.

It's like flights and stuffm the heavier your bags, and the larger they are the more you pay because that's less space for other stuff

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You pay for tracking, priority, weight, dimensions etc. Its a host of things.

The heavier an item is, and the more space it takes up, the more it'll cost.

Shipping rates vary company to company also based on courier costs to actually get it to the depot.

It's like flights and stuffm the heavier your bags, and the larger they are the more you pay because that's less space for other stuff
Tracking 90% of the time is absolutely useless, and the priority is bulls##t.

As I mentioned, I receive packages weekly to monthly and non-tracked flat rate arrives in the exact time, if not faster sometimes they tracked packages.

Tracking basically covers stores for insurance I gather, tho if a package is simply left at the door unsigned makes no difference

You can fly one way to LA for like $375AUD these days, so when 2 tubs of Endur3 cost $40AUD for postage it's a little silly.

If PES can manage to get me a 9KG package express in 4 days for $20 id say other companies simply aren't putting enough effort into it.

A few have mentioned reshipping is cheaper, so even paying small amounts to ship to a reshipper and then reshipping is cheaper which to me is unacceptable.

All I'm saying is, have an untracked option because it's unaffordable to order any tubs these days.

As I mentioned Endur3 was $30-40 to ship 2 tubs!
If they don't make an effort, they'll simply lose alot of sales.

I'm not blaming them directly, but maybe reach out to PES or other companies and ask how they manage.

I've never had an untracked package not arrive, so I'm willing to use an untracked option from USPS when it saves me $25-45 on postage.

I'm looking for options, but at the end I've simply stopped ordering heavier items.

I used PES for the first time in a long time, and I assume people especially internationals flock where they can save money. Especially for Ergonine and Aminos which weigh quite a bit, it was an easy choice.

A/Labs ships all my orders to me for $5 too!

I find it hard to believe they're shipping massive volume to Australia, companies or retailers need to negotiate better deals. The truth is they simply don't care about internationals as much, maybe because they're not enough orders but that's because internationals order where it's free shipping or cheaper shipping.

Lastly, I've heard retailers claim they actually absorb some cost which is amusing considering Chaos & Pain refunded me $30 off the quoted, and what I paid in postage.

Just food for thought.

I've been in the game a long time, I don't lose any sleep over being able to buy any supplements anymore. I should thank businesses for saving me money probably.
Just my thoughts.

Jiigzz
I'm curious how you calculate that reshippers are cheaper?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Tracking 90% of the time is absolutely useless, and the priority is bulls##t.

As I mentioned, I receive packages weekly to monthly and non-tracked flat rate arrives in the exact time, if not faster sometimes they tracked packages.

Tracking basically covers stores for insurance I gather, tho if a package is simply left at the door unsigned makes no difference

You can fly one way to LA for like $375AUD these days, so when 2 tubs of Endur3 cost $40AUD for postage it's a little silly.

If PES can manage to get me a 9KG package express in 4 days for $20 id say other companies simply aren't putting enough effort into it.

A few have mentioned reshipping is cheaper, so even paying small amounts to ship to a reshipper and then reshipping is cheaper which to me is unacceptable.

All I'm saying is, have an untracked option because it's unaffordable to order any tubs these days.

As I mentioned Endur3 was $30-40 to ship 2 tubs!
If they don't make an effort, they'll simply lose alot of sales.

I'm not blaming them directly, but maybe reach out to PES or other companies and ask how they manage.

I've never had an untracked package not arrive, so I'm willing to use an untracked option from USPS when it saves me $25-45 on postage.

I'm looking for options, but at the end I've simply stopped ordering heavier items.

I used PES for the first time in a long time, and I assume people especially internationals flock where they can save money. Especially for Ergonine and Aminos which weigh quite a bit, it was an easy choice.

A/Labs ships all my orders to me for $5 too!

I find it hard to believe they're shipping massive volume to Australia, companies or retailers need to negotiate better deals. The truth is they simply don't care about internationals as much, maybe because they're not enough orders but that's because internationals order where it's free shipping or cheaper shipping.

Lastly, I've heard retailers claim they actually absorb some cost which is amusing considering Chaos & Pain refunded me $30 off the quoted, and what I paid in postage.

Just food for thought.

I've been in the game a long time, I don't lose any sleep over being able to buy any supplements anymore. I should thank businesses for saving me money probably.
Just my thoughts.

Jiigzz
I'm curious how you calculate that reshippers are cheaper?
Tracked just means you know where it is, at least to some degree, when it is in transit. That means if it does go missing then the shipping company can investigate more readily. But that doesn't change the priority.

Flights are cheap now, but when you fly you're only paying for the transport from one country to the other. When you ship something you pay for the couriers on both ends, the transport and the distribution in between. Companies that ship for free sink those costs but they still exist.

Also remember that product price can sink some costs to make shipping seem cheaper. ASOS for example use a clothing markup method to shop items for free.

If they out the effort in they could probably reduce the costs, but not by a whole lot unless they absorb it. If they absorb it, you can bet you pay for it elsewhere. No company wants to sell a $30 product, only to then pay $20 postage on your behalf.

Larger retailers can negotiate cheaper rates, as they can guarantee a consistent and heavy flow of shipments. Quid pro quo.

If PES charges $20 flat, they more than likely average out super heavy purchases with cheaper ones to do so. 10 tubs at 2lbs a tub would cost more than $20.

Companies charging $30+ for a single item just haven't really looked around hard enough for alternatives, but shipping costs money and those that ship for free absorb the costs elsewhere.

Reshippers only save you if they consolidate packages. The weight goes up, but the dimensions go down. Rather than pay 10x 30, I might pay 1x 150 or something.

I buy a lot from overseas (car parts, etc) so it makes sense for me to do it this way, especially im buying from small time retailers who either dont ship overseas, or charge a fortune

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tracked just means you know where it is, at least to some degree, when it is in transit. That means if it does go missing then the shipping company can investigate more readily. But that doesn't change the priority.

Flights are cheap now, but when you fly you're only paying for the transport from one country to the other. When you ship something you pay for the couriers on both ends, the transport and the distribution in between. Companies that ship for free sink those costs but they still exist.

Also remember that product price can sink some costs to make shipping seem cheaper. ASOS for example use a clothing markup method to shop items for free.

If they out the effort in they could probably reduce the costs, but not by a whole lot unless they absorb it. If they absorb it, you can bet you pay for it elsewhere. No company wants to sell a $30 product, only to then pay $20 postage on your behalf.

Larger retailers can negotiate cheaper rates, as they can guarantee a consistent and heavy flow of shipments. Quid pro quo.

If PES charges $20 flat, they more than likely average out super heavy purchases with cheaper ones to do so. 10 tubs at 2lbs a tub would cost more than $20.

Companies charging $30+ for a single item just haven't really looked around hard enough for alternatives, but shipping costs money and those that ship for free absorb the costs elsewhere.

Reshippers only save you if they consolidate packages. The weight goes up, but the dimensions go down. Rather than pay 10x 30, I might pay 1x 150 or something.

I buy a lot from overseas (car parts, etc) so it makes sense for me to do it this way, especially im buying from small time retailers who either dont ship overseas, or charge a fortune
Yeah,

I've been trying to do the figures but I think after you pay all the standard US shipping rates, then add it together it would be very close! I would have to request the weight of the products from every store, then add the US postage costs and then check the mail forwarding services to see if there is major saving or not.

It would work better with clothes tho I think! But most the shipping options seem to be EXPRESS so they're always expensive. Otherwise you would have some pretty good options if available.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how about some companies that charge $80-120 US to ship 1 5lb tub of protein powder lol.

BOGO's do nothing for aussies, shipping just makes it not worth it, which is a shame bc they seem to be the only decent sales now days. With high volume pre-workouts coming out now makes them harder to get too.

I like the fact that some websites can ship it to me for free if i spend more than $40 US and its under 10lb... makes a masssssive difference! even if their prices are quite a bit higher.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
You get what you pay for. Unless it's that donkey piss...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah,

I've been trying to do the figures but I think after you pay all the standard US shipping rates, then add it together it would be very close! I would have to request the weight of the products from every store, then add the US postage costs and then check the mail forwarding services to see if there is major saving or not.

It would work better with clothes tho I think! But most the shipping options seem to be EXPRESS so they're always expensive. Otherwise you would have some pretty good options if available.
Yeah, I know.

Mail forwarding is worth it if you have 3-6 small orders. It would definitely save you money, and helps if they do free US shipping.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You get what you pay for. Unless it's that donkey piss...
the issue is that you dont.

the website that offers me the cheapest international shipping gets it to me within 5 business days... meanwhile places that charge premium average about 3-4 weeks.

Kiri

Awards
From US to EU Ruesco takes 6 days Monday to Saturday 14,95 USD ;)

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
the issue is that you dont.

the website that offers me the cheapest international shipping gets it to me within 5 business days... meanwhile places that charge premium average about 3-4 weeks.
Oh you're talking about SHIPPING costs... Thought you were talking about cost of juicy juice. I never order online. Have done my business in person for the last 7 years. Online, you better have a test kit!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Be grateful none of you live in Colombia...i shipped a 10lb box there last week and it was $117 PLUS the receiver still had to pay an additional $58 when they picked it up
Yeah that all may be true...but they do have Colombian chicas

Reactions: mw1