Insurance adjusters/claim

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My wife's case went for almost 18 months. Stop beating around the bush and go find another lawyer.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Just depends, the attorney will be a big part in how that plays out. If it is a huge case with a lot of money longer. The smaller the case the shorter time they will spend on it. The insurance knows you are desperate and thinking screw it I will just take it I need money now! If your case is good your attorney will give you an advance to pay your bills bro. I wouldn't tell the attorney a number you are looking for. If they ask tell them you need as much as possible as your life and livelihood are being affected and you are here for him to tell you how much he thinks he might be able to get you. Tell him all of your woes and worries and let him work up what he thinks.

Don't settle man, if it is money issues then like I said if an attorney thinks you have a good case they will give you an advance on your settlement if need be.
I contacted a very well respected law firm and I'm going to talk it over with them.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I'll chip in my $.02 here as I'm dealing with a car accident here myself. Today is actually the 4 year mark. I have approx $45k in medical bills to date. The accident was "minor" in the insurance company's eyes. We were rear ended while stopped at a stop sign. Only a few thousand dollars of car damage because our Acura handled the straight on collision really well. That said, my attorney has gone back and forth with their adjusters for about 3 years now. They keep throwing out numbers not even close to covering medical bills. The latest as of today is we MIGHT be able to get enough to cover all the bills to date if the lawyer takes a reduced fee. The issue they say is that I haven't had surgery. Because of that, it's not considered seriously. Meanwhile I wind up with spasms that get so tight every couple of months that I have to get trigger point steroid injections to function. They've recommended epidural steroid injections, but I'm told that's $10k and not interested in laying out that kind of cash if I'm not going to recoup it!

Today is the last day to file per statute of limitations, so we filed a suit. I'm told this gets us a new adjuster who might be more interested in settling.

Either way, my experience is that if you haven't had surgery, you're not going to get much. At least here in Florida.