I'm thinking about going hunting for the first time soon

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I never been hunting before, but I want to learn how to hunt and grow vegetables and learn to live off the land. I have a friend who goes hunting from time to time and I'm thinking about asking to go with him for a weekend. How was it the first time you guys went hunting? I also want to go hunting when I move out to save money on meat.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You ready to live life to the max brothat haha. It is real peaceful, serene and COLD... Go get a cammo jumpsuit and maybe some waterproof boots. Be prepared to be up early and stay up late if you want the true hunting experience.. It is fun, especially when you nab you some game.. Learn how to gut ;)..

coreyc20

Awards
Amen, hunting is in my opinion once of the best stress relieving, most relaxing things you can do. Its a great hobby/lifestyle to have. If you really get into it, you'll be excited to go out and sit in your stand for hours to not see a thing, a bad day of hunting beats a good day at work. but the funny thing is that nothing is bad when your hunting!!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
So hows the nutrition of deer's meat compared to steak and hamburger, like the fat and protein content? I rather go hunting than fishing though I've been fishing like three ties and didn't care for it too much. I imagine it's much different catching food with a gun, than with a pole. Although when I went fishing I was a kid, so I might think differently if I tried it today.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Venison is the ****. So good.

Ted Nugent, my hero, is a huge advocate of lifes natural highs, hunting being one of them. Lives like an hour from me.

If MD means Maryland, youre in the North East. Watch out for flamingly retarded firearm rules. I know like in Ohio and stuff you can only hunt with shotguns and stupid crap like that.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Venison is the ****. So good.

Ted Nugent, my hero, is a huge advocate of lifes natural highs, hunting being one of them. Lives like an hour from me.

If MD means Maryland, youre in the North East. Watch out for flamingly retarded firearm rules. I know like in Ohio and stuff you can only hunt with shotguns and stupid crap like that.
Well I think my friend said he goes to Virginia and stays in a cabin, when he goes hunting. If I do go hunting I'm going with him. He's basically like my father figure.

Havocc

Awards
How was it the first time you guys went hunting? I also want to go hunting when I move out to save money on meat.
I've been hunting since I was about 6 years old with a bb gun and my pops. I encourage anyone who is thinking of trying it to go once. Some of my best memories have come when hunting with my family at our deer camp.

As for saving money on food, I don't think your going to save much. We spend hundreds, if not thousands, each on out of state license, food, etc...I realize that probably won't apply to you but the gun/bows, ammo, clothes and gas can really add up.

But yeah deer, ducks, and rabbit are by far better than chicken and beef imo.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Venison is great for you, and if "prepared" well, tastes great too. I love me some deer jerky.. All the time!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing like the thrill of the hunt. Best high I have ever had.

Learn to field dress, and how to butcher a deer (Easy after a few times) and you are on for some cheap food.

Nothing like a trophy buck, but a small doe tastes the best to me.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
venison is an amazing meat, delicious flavor and extremely lean, great for when youre looking to bulk up with some red meat but dont want the fat content!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And save your trophy skulls, I usually take the head home, skin, gut, boil and repeat. Then add some enamel to the skull for a shiny protective finish!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
And save your trophy skulls, I usually take the head home, skin, gut, boil and repeat. Then add some enamel to the skull for a shiny protective finish!
Put them on the front of your truck. Or golf cart. Etc.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Enjoy the experience. Your protein will cost next to nothing, and it tastes great. &^#$ the liberals and hunt!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Enjoy the experience. Your protein will cost next to nothing, and it tastes great. &^#$ the liberals and hunt!
Yup. I'm actually independent. I think the whole party system is just stupid.