I'm on Phosphatidic acid Ya'll

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Right off the shelf at the grocery store. And I'll tell you... It may have been placebo effect, but I killed it at the gym tonight.
What brand did you pick up?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
puritan pride?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
That's a US based site. International shipping.
The fuk man, Im NZ and order Fearn/LEF/Natures Plus/Now etc from a very popular intl online store and dont pay anything like what youve said...cheap shipping, multi-buy discounts

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
The fuk man, Im NZ and order Fearn/LEF/Natures Plus/Now etc from a very popular intl online store and dont pay anything like what youve said...cheap shipping, multi-buy discounts
Yeah I know it's available from overseas, I'm not debating that, just can't find it locally with a high content.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah I know it's available from overseas, I'm not debating that, just can't find it locally with a high content.
Really? That honestly surprises me, I thort youd have heaps more local options than me (fishpond for one...and others).

Given what I pay here for local products, its prolly cheaper I buy online intl anyway.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin shoppe has there brand in store, 29.99 for 3lbs, 97%phosphatides

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Really? That honestly surprises me, I thort youd have heaps more local options than me (fishpond for one...and others).

Given what I pay here for local products, its prolly cheaper I buy online intl anyway.
Yeah is cheaper, just I'm impatient and want to now hahaha

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
On another note, what are people's preferences on gmo or non gmo?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin shoppe has there brand in store, 29.99 for 3lbs, 97%phosphatides
I was thinking on picking this up. I saw it the last time I went to buy some Fearn.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes there are many, just not many local (in australia) that specify high content. May have to get it shipped in or just eat more of it lol
Ahhhh, Australia, sorry M8...wasn't paying attention...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I chose it over fearn since it was cheaper. Of course fearn is cheaper online, but in store is convenient
Even though $11 bucks for Fearn isn't bad. Is the quality and dosage the same? And taste?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looks like puritans pride has a little over 5lbs of 95% for $40...is that a good price?
I strictly use Fearns SL since it labels the PA content and Swanson has it and I order from them often. Fearns goes for 8 bucks a pound at 97%. So 40 bucks for 5 lbs worth is on par.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
added the spoon to the king this week and i cant say if its the pa or that im fnally recovring from back injury but im starting to get my squat volume back up to what it was before hit 315X12 for 6 sets

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
7 tubs of fearn coming my way :) have to wait a bit but oh well

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you have American Express card issue by them (AMEX), there may be an offer for $10 of $30. Just login to your AMEX account and check the "Amex Offers & Benefits" panel. Per my question to them, PP's SL has 0.4 gram of PA per 8 gram serving.

PP run sales on their in-house brand very often. Also, after you put the items in your cart, logout instead of going straight to checkout. They may send you a $5 off $25 coupon in a few minutes to complete the checkout process.

Got 5 x 30oz cans for $35 a couple of months ago. Taste very similar or the same as Fearn. Been using it the past week and didn't noticed any difference when I used a can of Fearn previously.
I've attempted to do full math here, and it seems like Fearn's might be the better deal, especially going off of PA content.

Each Fearn tub has 30 2 tbsp (15g) servings. Each serving has 1.2g PA listed. If PP has .4g per serving, and each serving is only 8g, then a full serving of Fearn would have roughly .4g more PA per 2 tbsp. serving. Each PP can has 106 servings, so you would get about 35 servings at 3 tbsp per serving to equal the Fearn.

If you do the math by servings of PA, then a tub of PP has roughly 42.4g of PA per 30 ounce can. Currently it seems to be at a price of $36.99 for three 30 ounce cans without discounts. So, $12.33 per 30 ounce can. That equals about 29 cents per gram of PA.

Fearn has ~33g of PA per 16 ounce can. On Swanson, it is currently $7.39 per can. That seems to be a better deal at 22.4 cents per gram of PA.

I'm no math wiz, though. LOL. Please feel free to check my calculations. I just look for the best deal :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes can PA/SL cause any sleep issues?

May be a coincidence but, since I've started the granules I've been having troubles sleeping ~ it's actually right before I actually fall asleep, my heart starts to race/pound. Eventually I nod off, just curious if you've seen anything regarding this...

What I found is anxiety? And lack of hydration...

Thanks

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

May be a coincidence but, since I've started the granules I've been having troubles sleeping ~ it's actually right before I actually fall asleep, my heart starts to race/pound. Eventually I nod off, just curious if you've seen anything regarding this...

Thanks

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks
Hi buddy,

I am VERY sensitive guy. Getting upset stomach for nothing and my sleep use to be disturbed very fast. But even with 4g of PA where half the dose is coming from SL, I have NEVER experienced any sleep issues with SL or PA caps.

My opinion, your issue is not due to PA/SL but could be (stress,anxiety,lack of hydration, medicines or other factors)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi buddy,

I am VERY sensitive guy. Getting upset stomach for nothing and my sleep use to be disturbed very fast. But even with 4g of PA where half the dose is coming from SL, I have NEVER experienced any sleep issues with SL or PA caps.

My opinion, your issue is not due to PA/SL but could be (stress,anxiety,lack of hydration, medicines or other factors)
Thanks. I'll look at my water intake.

I don't take meds and everything else I've been using I've been on for 10+ weeks.

The addition of Pa was the only thing, didn't know if there was a correlation. Thanks bud

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Danes can PA/SL cause any sleep issues? May be a coincidence but, since I've started the granules I've been having troubles sleeping ~ it's actually right before I actually fall asleep, my heart starts to race/pound. Eventually I nod off, just curious if you've seen anything regarding this... What I found is anxiety? And lack of hydration... Thanks
Most likely unrelated, but choline (which is in SL) has been purported to have very mild stimulatory properties. Also, choline converts to acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter and could play a role is staving off sleepiness. Just a thought

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi buddy,

I second this^
I have also been on SL for quite some time and none of those issues has occurred.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most likely unrelated, but choline (which is in SL) has been purported to have very mild stimulatory properties. Also, choline converts to acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter and could play a role is staving off sleepiness. Just a thought
True, good point.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is true about Choline,but I bet his issue is not due to choline:)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I'll look at my water intake.

I don't take meds and everything else I've been using I've been on for 10+ weeks.

The addition of Pa was the only thing, didn't know if there was a correlation. Thanks bud
Let me know how it goes :)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
This is true about Choline,but I bet his issue is not due to choline:)
Agreed. The dose would need to be a lot higher before Choline would be more likely to play a role. Though I suppose everyone reacts differently so who knows.

I personally have not had any issues running as high a 5tbsp for my evening workout, after which I clean up and hit the bed for the night.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So im about to take the SL dive. Picked up 4 cans of Fearns FL. Ive seen all types of dosing, what would be considered the best way? All pre workout? How many spoonfuls?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So im about to take the SL dive. Picked up 4 cans of Fearns FL. Ive seen all types of dosing, what would be considered the best way? All pre workout? How many spoonfuls?
3-4 TBS prior workout, 2-3 hours later 2 TBS.
Even higher if you find it tolerable.
I am using 4g of PA and as I said before, this is really amazing :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok cool. I thought 1200mg was closed to the studied dose? Would 4 tbsp be doubling that? Any dangers
Studied dose 750mg (1.5g PA but just 50% enriched) means 750mg.

Like I said.
Run 3 TBS pre and 2 TBS couple of hours later.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes if its just 4% PA . If its 7% then its 2.1g :)
But its great idea to think its less than more :)
Hmm. I'm using Soy Lecithin Granules and it says 1200mg for 2 level tablespoons.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm. I'm using Soy Lecithin Granules and it says 1200mg for 2 level tablespoons.
Does not mean that's the exact amount. Most SL products contain 4-8% PA. We don't know the exact percent from each product.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does not mean that's the exact amount. Most SL products contain 4-8% PA. We don't know the exact percent from each product.
Ahh okay, I see. Well, I've been taking 4 tbsp so I think I can be safe in assuming it's plenty.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh okay, I see. Well, I've been taking 4 tbsp so I think I can be safe in assuming it's plenty.
Yeah, even if it was at the lower end being 4%, you'd still be getting around 600mg per 2 tbsp.

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
3-4 TBS prior workout, 2-3 hours later 2 TBS.
Even higher if you find it tolerable.
I am using 4g of PA and as I said before, this is really amazing :)
how do you personally dose it on non-workout days? stick with it at 6tbsp or reduce a bit? i've been doing 4tbsp pre-workout only (4x/week) with good results.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how do you personally dose it on non-workout days? stick with it at 6tbsp or reduce a bit? i've been doing 4tbsp pre-workout only (4x/week) with good results.
I use to spread in 3 doses. Every 3-4rd hour.
I would deff add PA / Granules on off days too. It would activate mTOR