I'm Back!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, after months away, I'm finally back..

I had a spinal fusion (L5-S1) on July 18th. I put it off for years & dealt with the pain.. When it finally started messing with my sleep, I gave in & got it done. BEST decision ever!!! To be able to stand up straight and walk without pain is amazing.
The months leading up to it, I started to realize that I was losing control of my happiness. To wake up, mage all day, and then go to bed in pain was taking a toll..
Waking up the day after surgery and walking pain free was like a miracle!!
They sent me home 2 days later, telling me no bending, lifting, or twisting for the next 3 months..
I was putting socks & underwear on with a friggin grabber stick. I couldn't work on any home projects.. Depression was building up and I was drinking from sun up to sun down.. I know alcohol is a depressant, but I figured I could handle it.
Prior to the surgery, I ran semaglutide and increased my pet dose to about 300mg a week. The sema was no joke! Nausea all day, every day! But, I was dropping fat and maintaining muscle. I felt and looked my best in years! I was down to about 180.

Now, today, I'm released by my surgeon to get back to life.

I'll be starting slowly. I just turned 52 a couple weeks ago.

I'll probably go back to my old routine of rotating cardio & weights. Currently about 205..

I'm going to stick to that routine for the next few months. The plant I work at is shutting down for a 60 day maintenance period. I'll be on straight days, so probably no gym during that.

After that, I hope to have maintained the physique/weight loss I achieved up to that. By this time, summer will be kicking in, my body will be used to lifting again, and I'll bump up the trt dose. May toss in some npp or mast to help harden things up.

Sorry for the long story - just thought I'd share where I've been and where I plan on going.

Semper Fi to all my vet brothers out there!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's Great to have you back on the board, brother!

And I'm so glad that you're feeling/doing better.

:)👊(y)💪

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Welcome back!

Glad to hear that the fusion went well and you are doing better and back on track!!!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Welcome back! Always nice seeing the OGs around! Glad you’re feeling better as well!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, somehow, during my absence, I got my 16 year old son, who NEVER cared for any athletics, involved in weightlifting!! Just before the surgery, I took him to the gym & showed/discussed proper form vs ego lifting.. He took it all to heart! He's joining the high school powerlifting team!!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good to see you back brother .. have no doubt you will be back to where you were .. just need to be patient and work slowly

and congrats on your son getting into it as well .. gotta be proud dad moment.

Last edited:
enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, very proud indeed!! He also throws shot & disc for his track team. I told him that extra strength should help his throws!

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad you are doing better, looking FWD to hearing about your progress...