IGF1 Dangerous?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A freind of mine sent this to me. Also sent me this. http://notmilk.com/igf1hormone.html

"After somidobove (rbGH) injection, mean IGF-I levels in the treated milk are always higher than those found in the controls."

World Health Organization Report Geneva, Switzerland. June, 1992

"Levels of IGF increase in milk after cows are treated with rbGH."

December, 1990 National Institutes of Health Assessment of Bovine Somatotropin

"A strong positive association was observed between IGF-I levels and prostate cancer risk."

Science, vol. 279. January 23, 1998

"Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, a mitogenic and antiapoptotic peptide, can affect the proliferation of breast epithelial cells, and is thought to have a role in breast cancer."

The Lancet, vol. 351. May 9, 1998

"Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), in particular IGF-I and IGF-II, strongly stimulate the proliferation of a variety of cancer cells, including those from lung cancer. High plasma levels of IGF-I were associated with an increased risk of lung cancer. Plasma levels of IGF-I are higher...in patients with lung cancer than in control subjects."

Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 91, no. 2. January 20, 1999.

"Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is expressed in many tumor cell lines and has a role in both normal cell proliferation and in the growth of cancers.

Cancer Gene Ther, 2000 Mar, 7:3

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If IGF-1 was dangerous, then AN wouldn't be selling it. I understand that we're talking about injections here, but I don't think it's harmful. Not unless you overdo it, of course. Too much of anything is dangerous for you.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
If IGF-1 was dangerous, then AN wouldn't be selling it. I understand that we're talking about injections here, but I don't think it's harmful. Not unless you overdo it, of course. Too much of anything is dangerous for you.
Who/What?

All of these studies are talking about natural IGF-1, not the injectable LR3-IGF-1 so I'm not so sure it is the same. Besides, if IGF-1 was the only culprit/cause of cancer then there would be more focus/information on that surely?

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Who/What?

All of these studies are talking about natural IGF-1, not the injectable LR3-IGF-1 so I'm not so sure it is the same. Besides, if IGF-1 was the only culprit/cause of cancer then there would be more focus/information on that surely?
LR3 would be considered more "dangerous'' if this were the case, as it does not bind to BP very well, like regular IGF-1 does. The cancer IGF link has pretty much always been asked here and there, but there has yet to be a defintive answer on it as yet.At least as far as I have read.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who/What?

I pretty much figured that he was talking about the injectable form. Besides, AN uses IGF-2, not IGF-1. My bad.

Try to bear with me. I had been running on 3 hours of sleep in about 24 hours. I was exhausted. I'm sure that I misred quite a bit.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No worries. Just reading and though Id get peoples opinion. I know where you guys and girls are comming from to be carefull and not to over due it. I just figured since I was reading this Id show this to the board and just get some opinions.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
LR3 would be considered more "dangerous'' if this were the case, as it does not bind to BP very well, like regular IGF-1 does. The cancer IGF link has pretty much always been asked here and there, but there has yet to be a defintive answer on it as yet.At least as far as I have read.
I agree (only a fool wouldn't) but you would hope someone would use LR3 in a controlled fashion (only injecting small-medium amounts into stressed muscle to limit systematic uptake).

Anyway, it's clear that there's not a yes or no answer to this. If it worries you (thread starter) don't use it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its more to keep a open mind for not just me but for the board. Im a sure it can worry any one that may not want to increase there risks with cancer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 5
Supplements 3
Supplements 0
Supplements 0