igaments / Tendons.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are there currently any supps available that actually help repair tendons / ligaments? I don't think it is torn, but it makes a weird popping sound sometimes. I think because it is moving over the bone or something. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

Peace!

OMG I missed the L in Ligaments lol.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cissus WILL NOT HEAL a tear in a ligament - only cut down on the discomfort (If anything)

Popping is not a for sure sign of a tear - If it Locks when it pops, well then a DR's visit should be in the future.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cissus WILL NOT HEAL a tear in a ligament - only cut down on the discomfort (If anything)

Popping is not a for sure sign of a tear - If it Locks when it pops, well then a DR's visit should be in the future.
Could you define "locks" because I am sorry but I keep reading "pop and lock" and cracking up... Immature I know but hilarious :dance:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When a joint pops and there is a ligament tear, or emparture, often times it feels as if the joint itself is locked, or stuck in that position. It can be very painfull, and usually takes time for the ligament to roll back into the capsule... any more questions?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

It is where the red dot is...When I hit a front lat spread it pops most of the time...It is not too painful, but it is of some discomfort. It does not keep me from working out, or having regular motion of the muscle...any advice? Thanks for the help again!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
hmnn i get those pops too. but its rare. like you said it makes like a weird sound and feels a bit funny too. any suggestion? Im curious now.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there also pain in the upper middle of your back on the same side? I had a stretch ligament and one of the symptoms was that my shoulder bone would catch my chest tendon slightly and I would almost have to move it back into place (not nearly as gorss as it sounds, happens almost automatically but it could be heard and felt slightly)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is there also pain in the upper middle of your back on the same side? I had a stretch ligament and one of the symptoms was that my shoulder bone would catch my chest tendon slightly and I would almost have to move it back into place (not nearly as gorss as it sounds, happens almost automatically but it could be heard and felt slightly)
There is such a pain if I go heavy on T-Bar rows, or bent over barbell rows...it's more like a nerve pinch feeling. I haven't noticed myself getting them recently though...In the back I mean.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Cissus might actually help. I've had good results with it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cissus might actually help. I've had good results with it.
I have a feeling I am going to need to pick some up just in case. Regardless if it will fix the problem. Seems like a good supp to have. I keep hearing good things about it.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro - (re)search S.L.A.P. Tear - it sounds as if you are on the first lag of what could very well completely, out of no where (like certain motions such as cleaning a window) tear completely - Surgery with anchors is the only solution then

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bro - (re)search S.L.A.P. Tear - it sounds as if you are on the first lag of what could very well completely, out of no where (like certain motions such as cleaning a window) tear completely - Surgery with anchors is the only solution then
Will do. Thanks for the heads up man.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In that area, scar tissue builds up and "pops" when certain movements are done - sometimes any movement. I have it, don't press on it, it increases the likely-hood of hardening the scar-tissue and you don't want that... Best thing to do is stretching and strengthening the outer / inner portion of the shoulder with resistence bands...

It is where the red dot is...When I hit a front lat spread it pops most of the time...It is not too painful, but it is of some discomfort. It does not keep me from working out, or having regular motion of the muscle...any advice? Thanks for the help again!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In that area, scar tissue builds up and "pops" when certain movements are done - sometimes any movement. I have it, don't press on it, it increases the likely-hood of hardening the scar-tissue and you don't want that... Best thing to do is stretching and strengthening the outer / inner portion of the shoulder with resistence bands...

What types of movements can be done with the bands?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'll PM you a site you can check out... give me a few

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Matthew,

i already had surgery for something that sounds like gleno-hemoral instability??? IT was years ago and I was young but it was a MAJOR 5 hour surgery... messy stuff.

I recently got popping back in there. My theory is that the flexibility in the shoulder was so limited by the tightening of the ligament when it was trimmed and reconnected that it made the other parts of the joint more likely to give out. i have begun stretching ti and taking several joint supplements and the pain has been managable and not gotten worse. it is ALWAYS scary when an operated joint ahs any problem even if it is in a totally differenct area.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean bro... Sometimes the best thing for after surgery joint care is to baby it. When they shorten any ligament, it makes all surronding tissue, ligaments, and even bones more likely to be injured. But, the great thing is, if proper rehab and stregthening is practiced on a regular basis, the ligament will mend back to it's normal length. Most people cut that part out after they leave rehab, and are not smart for it. I still do my bands before and after every work out for my restructured shoulder.

Matthew,

i already had surgery for something that sounds like gleno-hemoral instability??? IT was years ago and I was young but it was a MAJOR 5 hour surgery... messy stuff.

I recently got popping back in there. My theory is that the flexibility in the shoulder was so limited by the tightening of the ligament when it was trimmed and reconnected that it made the other parts of the joint more likely to give out. i have begun stretching ti and taking several joint supplements and the pain has been managable and not gotten worse. it is ALWAYS scary when an operated joint ahs any problem even if it is in a totally differenct area.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mine was so long ago that I have forgotten what to do haha it was 9 years ago but recently it began popping again but it is a totally different feeling and pops at a different time. I have started doing a stretch by dante of DC that has you grab a broom (or loooong pipe/pole ect) in front of you and roll your arms over your head and down behind your back to the middle of your back without bending your elbows. You grab as wide as you have to in order to be able to do this and over time try to mov your hands closer on the bar. So far it has helped keep the pain from this new injury from getting to bad to handle and I can train. Until I get a better solution or health insurance I will jsut continue with this and my supplement regiment.