If you could Rep for any Company ???

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Commission. I've gone into GNC a few times and have gotten the "Muscletech gives you mad gainz" speech. I was only there to check out the clearance items.

I once overheard two GNC employees talking about soy protein. One guy said he'd never take it because it'd give him gyno and the other laughed and said talked mentioned how terrible it was and how it spiked estrogen levels.
LMAO- GNC- the place where meaningless amounts of bullshyt has a home- amazing how simple that just rolls off the tongue

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not see reps. making too much money. If on the inside have to be a Brand Mgr(office) or RSM(field) or higher in the TOO. If outside then a Broker to include many other lines.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Commission. I've gone into GNC a few times and have gotten the "Muscletech gives you mad gainz" speech. I was only there to check out the clearance items.

I once overheard two GNC employees talking about soy protein. One guy said he'd never take it because it'd give him gyno and the other laughed and said talked mentioned how terrible it was and how it spiked estrogen levels.
I know it's for commision,but I wouldn't be avle to lie like that..although..I am a laywer :D

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I know it's for commision,but I wouldn't be avle to lie like that..although..I am a laywer :D
I almost applied to work there, but I know I'd end up saying: " Hey, if you go to X website, you can get these instead for much cheaper."

There's a nutrition center in town that's really good. The dude that owns it basically charges DPS/NutraPlanet prices plus shipping. Not a huge selection, but a good one.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
1st) Olympus labs hands down my favorite company. 2nd) PES 3rd) SNS these three take up most of my stash.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Nobody wants to rep teh Cell-Techz :(
I used hydroxycut- first run and ana something- all version one- no complaints, but no way was I buying the 65.00 2 lb tub of nitro whey. lol not me

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, there isn't a protein powder I've found yet that doesn't make my stomach hurt.

No Costco or BJ's near us, but there is an ALDI. I try to keep an eye out for good prices on meat for the majority of my protein. My wife is awesome at finding deals and making the best freaking meals ever.

Also, I just went all Mad Scientist on a "dirty" protein gainer shake. Gonna make a thread for it.
Check out Aldi's website. They have their weekly sales on there. Every Wednesday they have two types of meat on sale. I don't know if it is universal, but this week they have chicken breast at 1.49 per pound

El Machete

El Machete

Awards
The body knows if you're putting cheap crap in it. Not only that but a buddy of mine bought their Whey Protein and its SPIKED WITH AMINOS! ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS IS A BAD THING? A gold star who can answer this correctly!

um, because they triple the protein count- giving you the consumer a false report. so a company can simply buy cheap"o" protein and add junk and sell it at a profit because on the label it looks really good.
You got it bro. When they submit their product for testing the protein content, those tests test for nitrogen and aminos come up as nitrogen as well as protein so it fools the test into thinking there's more protein in it than there really is. Pretty f'ed up. This article offers a better explanation: boxlifemagazine(dot)com/nitrogen-spiking-is-you-protein-powder-giving-you-what-you-paid-for/

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Check out Aldi's website. They have their weekly sales on there. Every Wednesday they have two types of meat on sale. I don't know if it is universal, but this week they have chicken breast at 1.49 per pound
Awesome, thanks! I need to keep a better eye out on those ALDI deals.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If i weren't with BLR i would rep for

EvoMuse in a heartbeat. Dsade is the man..!

MST - They've never let me down

Anteaus Labs - great company with lots of new ground breaking products

Olympus Labs - everything I've used has been good to go. Lots of great people on their team.

Last edited:
bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I'd rep for Hard Rock, Olympus Labs, or Performax.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I'd rep for FINAFLEX... Couldn't be happier. Been with them going on 2 years now, or maybe it's 3 years.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Always interesting to read these threads. I'm amazing at how easily the term "quality" is thrown around in regards to a company. The majority of companies in this industry are marketing companies. They have limited or no QC/QA. The smaller the company, the less compliant they're likely to be due to costs. People can be incredibly nice and good people, has nothing to do with their ability to make a quality product. In reality, 99% of consumers have no clue what goes on with the backside of the industry. It's pretty disgusting. There are multiple companies in this thread that have lost major lawsuits for QC/QA issues or significant government fines/punishment. Say you like a company because they're cool people, don't say quality unless you actually know what's going on behind the scenes.

One of my favorites is a huge company that bought rejected flavor of ours and used it in an amino product. We refused it because it impacted stability way too much. If you put an expiration date on something, you HAVE to have data showing that at time of expiration it's within 5% of label claims. This will be the #1 thing to bring down companies over the next 5 years. Lawyers have been throwing products in storage for the past year, waiting for expiration dates to come up. They'll test the product, it will fail and they can recover damages on each unit sold. It will be catastrophic for those impacted. When this starts happening, you'll find out REAL quick who's actually been doing QC

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd rep for FINAFLEX... Couldn't be happier. Been with them going on 2 years now, or maybe it's 3 years.

Finaflex is a company I respect and like I have used many of there products with positive results.. You gave made a wise choice Grasshopper!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Huge supp lover and supporter of people trying to make their way in the industry,
But 1Fast400 is saying what I normally am thinking when looking over products produced by smaller companies (sometimes bigger, too) that I don't know the behind the scenes for.

I have not strayed too far from my trusted brands in some time now.

It's a definite concern to me at this point, which is sad. There are ingredient panels I quite like but pass on anyways, and I sincerely hope that when the supp industry gets a thorough shaking from FDA/others, (and it will) that this concern will go away

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Always interesting to read these threads. I'm amazing at how easily the term "quality" is thrown around in regards to a company. The majority of companies in this industry are marketing companies. They have limited or no QC/QA. The smaller the company, the less compliant they're likely to be due to costs. People can be incredibly nice and good people, has nothing to do with their ability to make a quality product. In reality, 99% of consumers have no clue what goes on with the backside of the industry. It's pretty disgusting. There are multiple companies in this thread that have lost major lawsuits for QC/QA issues or significant government fines/punishment. Say you like a company because they're cool people, don't say quality unless you actually know what's going on behind the scenes.

One of my favorites is a huge company that bought rejected flavor of ours and used it in an amino product. We refused it because it impacted stability way too much. If you put an expiration date on something, you HAVE to have data showing that at time of expiration it's within 5% of label claims. This will be the #1 thing to bring down companies over the next 5 years. Lawyers have been throwing products in storage for the past year, waiting for expiration dates to come up. They'll test the product, it will fail and they can recover damages on each unit sold. It will be catastrophic for those impacted. When this starts happening, you'll find out REAL quick who's actually been doing QC
well put mike-

where there is a law, there are lawyers to find the loop hole, where there are loop holes, there are dollars to be made

i could be wrong, but imho the ban of the early 2000's threw the whole sup industry into a vortex of truth bending. Some show on 20/20 once a year wont change things. A law isnt going to do it either. Look where we are now with R Chemicals?

At least when I used a product from Avant labs years ago, I knew exactly what it was, exactly what the chemical conversion was about. Everything these days is a split of a clone to the first molecule before the merging. WTF does that even mean LOL

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you put an expiration date on something, you HAVE to have data showing that at time of expiration it's within 5% of label claims. This will be the #1 thing to bring down companies over the next 5 years.

I don't understand why some companies just don't put a exp date on their products considering they don't actually have to.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I don't understand why some companies just don't put a exp date on their products considering they don't actually have to.
because they don't have too...capitalism is very pro-business-let the buyer beware!!!!

if the right company approached me with the right incentives I would consider repping again....when I have repped in the past I was 100% and it was way more work than reward!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
because they don't have too...capitalism is very pro-business-let the buyer beware!!!!

if the right company approached me with the right incentives I would consider repping again....when I have repped in the past I was 100% and it was way more work than reward!!!
I don't think you understood what I said.

I am questioning why some companies choose to put a exp date on their product when they don't have to.

Exp dates are not a requirement under the current regulations

However, as Mike said, if you do put a date then you have to have data to substantiate why you put that date.

So in other words, if you don't have the data, don't put a date.

Putting a date only creates liability, so why do they do it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I am questioning why some companies choose to put a exp date on their product when they don't have to.

However, as Mike said, if you do put a date then you have to have data to substantiate why you put that date.

thanks, josh....I learned something here!!!

agentphantom

agentphantom

Awards
  • Established
Another one for PES. It's the first company where my wife and I both enjoy the products & where the company goes above & beyond in customer service which seems like a forgotten business trait nowadays. My honorable mention company would be Get Diesel. I was recently turned onto the company a few weeks ago and although I have yet to try Chuck's products, I admire his responsiveness on the boards from a customer service standpoint.

Customer service means the world to me. If I feel like I'm being disrespected or screwed over then I don't care how "good" your products are, no money from me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another one for PES. It's the first company where my wife and I both enjoy the products & where the company goes above & beyond in customer service which seems like a forgotten business trait nowadays. My honorable mention company would be Get Diesel. I was recently turned onto the company a few weeks ago and although I have yet to try Chuck's products, I admire his responsiveness on the boards from a customer service standpoint.

Customer service means the world to me. If I feel like I'm being disrespected or screwed over then I don't care how "good" your products are, no money from me.
I believe you will like the Get Diesel products, Bottom line Chuck Cares !!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Is Axio a legitimate company :D

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Because a distributor would never pick it up nor any big box retailer if it didn't have an expiration date. I'd guess 90% of products on the market have never been in a stability chamber. That's why most just get the 2 year standard expiration date stamp. Companies just think that's a safe zone, which it isn't.

Like I said, it will be the law the brings the majority of companies down. I know of one firm that has over 100 products in storage. Going to be a sad day for a lot of people.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Because a distributor would never pick it up nor any big box retailer if it didn't have an expiration date. I'd guess 90% of products on the market have never been in a stability chamber. That's why most just get the 2 year standard expiration date stamp. Companies just think that's a safe zone, which it isn't.

Like I said, it will be the law the brings the majority of companies down. I know of one firm that has over 100 products in storage. Going to be a sad day for a lot of people.
I heard that most products (especially capsules?) are good well past the expiration date on the bottle though, assuming it is stored properly that is. Any truth to this?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Some ingredients don't play well together. You could have 3-4 ingredients that own their own can last 4 years, put together, last 18 months. The other hilarious thing are amino's. They aren't 100% pure, like a lot of other ingredients. Most of our rejected bcaa on the market is under 97%, making most companies off on label claim from the start, unless they do over filling. One 9 figure company is getting hit on this right now. Dat der qc

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
read the one about g n c, target, walmart- laughed when i first heard this, spiking supplements with illegal synthetics- this is when you know its bad and i mean really bad. there are people who go to target and walmart that in a million years would never think about going on line to buy a sup. now during their shopping they decide they want to try to lose wgt. lets buy this, ill give it a try. who in the hell would think these companies would do something like this?

yes i hold them responsible because they are the ones who bought the products from a supplier without doing background checks on the companies they purchased from as well as the outsource company to get the product.

this isnt milk that is being tested for diseases, they sold supplements in a world today where the sup industry is running wild.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was asked to log a product once but I declined because I did not like one of their reps, and I was not going to support their product because of him.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think it's because some of these kids go nuts if there isn't an expiration date. They will start rumors and start saying things like the product is bunk. I do think they cause more problems because people think the product is actually bad if it's "expired". Also like I said if it doesn't have an expiration date some guys go into panic mode. It's really funny sometimes, most of the time it's just annoying though.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I was asked to log a product once but I declined because I did not like one of their reps, and I was not going to support their product because of him.
Reps are the public face of the company, this can most certainly impact that customer relationship.

A good rep team will make or break a company's image online

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reps are the public face of the company, this can most certainly impact that customer relationship.

I agree with this completely!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This deserves many reps, but I'm unable to since I'm on my phone. A rep is definitely the face of the company. The way they interact with other members and fellow reps of other companies definitely can make or break the customer relationship.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
moral of the story...don't piss off puccah!!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
If I didn't have a company, it would be OG Dymatized (like 6 yrs ago), or maybe a Patric Arnold company, just because over the years I know hes a "real" dude. Like really did a lot for the industry and never was on some BS. Today? Idk, I'd rep for Best Buy, Klipsch or Sony.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I want to change my answer to Blue Star Nutraceuticals........

:fingersx:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BENTLEY...4 sales and you could cruise rest of the year!!!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
BENTLEY...4 sales and you could cruise rest of the year!!!
you'd be better off going with BMW or Merc- in house company deals for employees are better- this way when it comes to a sale, you are kissing ass, as apposed to sucking it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you'd be better off going with BMW or Merc- in house company deals for employees are better- this way when it comes to a sale, you are kissing ass, as apposed to sucking it
the lesser of two evils, huh...lol.