Icariin

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I find vasodilation also contributes to a perception of increased body heat.

Technically, I suppose it would as well, since increase in vasodilation exposes more blood to cooler temperatures, which would make the body work harder to maintain regulated body temp.
hence the old flask of brandy at the winter football game. alcohol equals peripheral vasodilation

of course its deceiving because you are robbing your body core of heat and ultimately you can die alot faster from exposure

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hence the old flask of brandy at the winter football game. alcohol equals peripheral vasodilation

of course its deceiving because you are robbing your body core of heat and ultimately you can die alot faster from exposure
At least you die with a smile on your face...even moreso if you are taking full advantage of the benefits offered by Icariin.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's supposedly good for your liver as opposed to a bottle of whiskey before a browns game (which is always a lose/lose situation).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am not gonna sell a drink with visible sediment in it. also, ensuring homogeneity during production so that each bottle gets the same amount of insolubles is just too difficult
Jayhawkk edit: Compliment without using insinuations please.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lose/lose? depends who you ask....
well, the browns are going to lose no matter what happens (spiteful cleveland fan) and alcohol can lead to hypothermic death (as PA was talking about)

itsrawb

itsrawb

Awards
well, the browns are going to lose no matter what happens (spiteful cleveland fan) and alcohol can lead to hypothermic death (as PA was talking about)
the browns are going to lose.. can that be considered racist?

HAVE A PIZZA :pizza:

**** im bored.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sinner, DON'T WORRY, Next year is their year! TRUST ME ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the browns are going to lose.. can that be considered racist?

HAVE A PIZZA :pizza:

**** im bored.
No, it's considered a high probability. There's something with cleveland. This team moves away to Baltimore, and wins the Superbowl. Lobbyists get Cleveland another team, they waste a first round pick on Tim Couch.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sinner, DON'T WORRY, Next year is their year! TRUST ME ;)
haha ahahahha shut up mace... everybody said that about the saints/cardinals last year... the cardinals just lost to the gayest team on earth and the saints are having their weight pulled by Drew Brees...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
"The Drive"

No, it's considered a high probability. There's something with cleveland. This team moves away to Baltimore, and wins the Superbowl. Lobbyists get Cleveland another team, they waste a first round pick on Tim Couch.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
:picture of Colts Super Bowl Trophy in all it's glory:

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:picture of Colts Super Bowl Trophy in all it's glory:
If my teams quarterback did multi million dollar commercials in an industry where money talks and talent does nothing... then ya my team would have a superbowl trophy to ;) LOL jk

animalkrack3r

Awards
If my teams quarterback did multi million dollar commercials in an industry where money talks and talent does nothing... then ya my team would have a superbowl trophy to LOL jk
I think steve smith takes Icariin, 50%

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I hate you and your f*cking DRIVE!!!!!

Yes, I'm another disgruntled Browns fan. To top it all off, for those who haven't heard, the Browns traded Charlie Frye to Seattle today for a 6th round pick. That's right, the guy who started week 1 got traded! The Browns successfully ruined another quarterback. Nothing like taking a third round pick and turning him into a sixth round pick in less than 3 years!

Go Browns! :dump:

Back to the topic...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
"The Fumble"

I hate you and your f*cking DRIVE!!!!!

Yes, I'm another disgruntled Browns fan. To top it all off, for those who haven't heard, the Browns traded Charlie Frye to Seattle today for a 6th round pick. That's right, the guy who started week 1 got traded! The Browns successfully ruined another quarterback. Nothing like taking a third round pick and turning him into a sixth round pick in less than 3 years!

Go Browns! :dump:

Back to the topic...

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah!!!

He is one of my favorite receivers- SS is tough as nails:thumbsup:
Thanks bro! You're not so bad yourself. :cheers: :thumbsup:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
If my teams quarterback did multi million dollar commercials in an industry where money talks and talent does nothing... then ya my team would have a superbowl trophy to ;) LOL jk
Banned from purchase of Drive. Mark that down people.... he's banned from Drive.

Anybody else wanna piece?

lol

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I go away and come back to find that the conversation has gotten weird.

In other words..nothing new.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Banned from purchase of Drive. Mark that down people.... he's banned from Drive.

Anybody else wanna piece?

lol
LOL lucky me I already went over your head ;) ooooo! hahahah Pffft, maybe if some teams would actually PLAY hard, they might get some RESPECK! haha

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like SS. He is in the NFC, so I like him even more :lol:
too bad we all kno that real nfl players play in the afc....(disclaimer steve smith is still my fave receiver....)

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
LOL lucky me I already went over your head ;) ooooo! hahahah Pffft, maybe if some teams would actually PLAY hard, they might get some RESPECK! haha
So you hold it against them when they don't need to play hard to WIN? lol

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
RPM heats me up a lot. I usually notice when I take 2 in the daytime. I also notice I get a lot hungrier for lunch.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
PA, how did the workout go with it today?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
How old are you in this ? 27 ? BTW, are you gonna send me a free Clear Shot sample once you change the flavor or what ? I'd like to get the sweet hook-up on the new stuff then review it in my log. Go ahead and autograph it with a sharpie too. That'd make me happy.

There's no hairnet, but whatever.

dean17

dean17

Awards
hey pat kinda gettin a lil off topic but i read a post of yours in another thread about a possible igf booster in the works? any progress that you can speak of at this point?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so now perhaps you can better appreciate my nasty demeanor as of late
sure, but it sayz nothing about yure speeling and lack of caps.

que pasa, amigo? Cuz like, I'm just curious, ya know?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
PA, how did the workout go with it today?
i felt different for sure. on the way to the gym. happier or calmer or something. when i got there and started working out though i felt really spacy and tired

but then again yesterday i had allergies bad. and i am somewhat overtrained right now. i also take alot of stims

i took 750mg but then i also had 1.75 bottles of clear shot and 25mg of ephedrine

a few hours after i worked out i got an attack of diarrhea

i need more experiences with the stuff to figure out what is going on

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
How old are you in this ? 27 ? BTW, are you gonna send me a free Clear Shot sample once you change the flavor or what ? I'd like to get the sweet hook-up on the new stuff then review it in my log. Go ahead and autograph it with a sharpie too. That'd make me happy.

There's no hairnet, but whatever.

34 in that pic

when i get a new flavor i can send you one

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i felt different for sure. on the way to the gym. happier or calmer or something. when i got there and started working out though i felt really spacy and tired

but then again yesterday i had allergies bad. and i am somewhat overtrained right now. i also take alot of stims

i took 750mg but then i also had 1.75 bottles of clear shot and 25mg of ephedrine

a few hours after i worked out i got an attack of diarrhea

i need more experiences with the stuff to figure out what is going on
Wow, and I thought I was a stim junkie.

Wouldn't Icariin be a lypophyllic compound? (I'm assuming that it is) Lecithin can help in the absorption of lypophyllic compounds. It sure as sh*t works fantastic for silybin. Just thowing an idea out there.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Wow, and I thought I was a stim junkie.

Wouldn't Icariin be a lypophyllic compound? (I'm assuming that it is) Lecithin can help in the absorption of lypophyllic compounds. It sure as sh*t works fantastic for silybin. Just thowing an idea out there.

i took it about an hour before my workout with casein in milk so there was some fat there to help it absorb. i am not sure lecithin would offer that much benefit over fat itself

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i took it about an hour before my workout with casein in milk so there was some fat there to help it absorb. i am not sure lecithin would offer that much benefit over fat itself
that's a good point. most of the data I've seen has compared using lecithin with nothing.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that's a good point. most of the data I've seen has compared using lecithin with nothing.
although, lecithin emulsifies really easily. It's used in a lot of food products for is emulsifying properties. This might increase surface area.

Bah, those scientists were really reaching for it when they put together thier Silipede patent.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
although, lecithin emulsifies really easily. It's used in a lot of food products for is emulsifying properties. This might increase surface area.

Bah, those scientists were really reaching for it when they put together thier Silipede patent.

i would think you need fat with the lecithin, or it would help. But i hear what you are saying cuz a long time back i saw the clear logic in the potential use of lecithin for helping the assimilation of lipophilic compounds like steroids. I just never saw any literature specifically addressing it. All i saw was fat, or formulas with fats and other surfactant like ingredients

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have felt a little spacey during wo's as well when using the Icariin...methinks it's BP related, cerebral vasodialation although I don't seem to get headaches from it unless I dose even higher..OR when I combined it with Gingko. The latter combo produced some crazy looking vascularity but damn, what a headache.

The mood boost from it is pretty pleasant most of the time but occasionally the whole alpha-male a-hole persona can surface. Must be binding to ARs in the brain.

With RPM, the extended caffeine blood levels produce a nice, quasi-euphoric feeling..very addictive. Your geranium extract/amp would be a great stack..or it might be over-the-top. Haven't tried that one yet.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I have felt a little spacey during wo's as well when using the Icariin...methinks it's BP related, cerebral vasodialation although I don't seem to get headaches from it unless I dose even higher..OR when I combined it with Gingko. The latter combo produced some crazy looking vascularity but damn, what a headache.

The mood boost from it is pretty pleasant most of the time but occasionally the whole alpha-male a-hole persona can surface. Must be binding to ARs in the brain.

With RPM, the extended caffeine blood levels produce a nice, quasi-euphoric feeling..very addictive. Your geranium extract/amp would be a great stack..or it might be over-the-top. Haven't tried that one yet.
this stuff is not gonna be an androgen binder or have any of that kind of androgenlike activity although i know its being promoted falsely that way by some

but yeah i gotta figure out what i felt yesterday. i did not feel aggressive at all just spacey and mellow. but it may have been an off day.

i went to bed early and slept well though and i have not slept well in a while. had a decent appetite after my workout too which i don't always have

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would think you need fat with the lecithin, or it would help. But i hear what you are saying cuz a long time back i saw the clear logic in the potential use of lecithin for helping the assimilation of lipophilic compounds like steroids. I just never saw any literature specifically addressing it. All i saw was fat, or formulas with fats and other surfactant like ingredients
I think it's kinda like the planeteers/captain planet kinda deal. "When all your powers combine, I am captain planet".

Ok, enough references to saturday morning cartoons. I agree there probably needs to be some fats with PC to get the full effect. They're calling it a phytosome complex. I don't really see how it is different than mixing in lecithin.

Here's some articles on PC for Silybin use, in case your interested. Just trying to feed some more ideas.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17348898&ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16169303&ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16164374&ordinalpos=9&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I think it's kinda like the planeteers/captain planet kinda deal. "When all your powers combine, I am captain planet".

Ok, enough references to saturday morning cartoons. I agree there probably needs to be some fats with PC to get the full effect. They're calling it a phytosome complex. I don't really see how it is different than mixing in lecithin.

Here's some articles on PC for Silybin use, in case your interested. Just trying to feed some more ideas.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17348898&ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16169303&ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16164374&ordinalpos=9&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

are all the studies done without food? might bioavailabilities be similar if the stuff was all just ingested with a fat containing meal?

your body produces ample amounts of emulsifiers during the process of digestion of fats so unless the PC has some mechanism beyond this i don't the big deal

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
are all the studies done without food? might bioavailabilities be similar if the stuff was all just ingested with a fat containing meal?

your body produces ample amounts of emulsifiers during the process of digestion of fats so unless the PC has some mechanism beyond this i don't the big deal

afopernoae

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
patrick, are there no studies about icariin? its positives/negatives?

usually, you have a bag of studies to pull from.

(i'm actually being sincere, here)

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established

See - now that makes sense! I understand the captain planet reference.
It's that whole "phytosome complex" and "Silybin" stuff that loses me, lol. I sometimes have to skim some of this stuff and look for the dumbed down version. :)
Although I may show my co-workers that post and pretend I understood it just to impress them...