I stumbled on to this stuff (Triphala)

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking this stuff at a 1/2 tsp. in hot water with stevia after every meal and I must say, I think the extra 3-4 lbs. I've been seeing are a result of this stuff. My chest is fuller, legs as well. I just did back today so we'll see how that goes here soon. It's a laxative but it's other properties are worth checking out. I just love the ancient indian medicinal herbs. I did read on one site saying that one of the ingredients had anabolic properties. Google it, and let's hear what everybody thinks about this stuff. I'm loving it so far. http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetail.cfm/ItemID/39486.0/CategoryID/1000.0/SubCatID/2505.0/file.htm

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
It's on ancient Ayurvedic formulation usually used for general digestion enhancement but also supports the adrenals. I like the Ayurceutics brand myself. You might also look into Chyavanprash.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My wife and I have been using the NOW brand of Triphala (sourced through NutraPlanet) for several months. Good stuff.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
for those of you that have used this (Unbreakable_One and Beau), what have you noticed?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only reason I've taken it, and only result I've seen, is relative to digestion and intestinal function. It works as advertised. I first heard about Triphala from Andrew Weil, the alternative medicine doctor.

Unbreakable_One

Banned
Awards
I use it to stop constipation haha I poop freely now I like to bulk so easy pooping is a plus.:run:

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
It's on ancient Ayurvedic formulation usually used for general digestion enhancement but also supports the adrenals. I like the Ayurceutics brand myself. You might also look into Chyavanprash.
Checked it out. Chyavanprash. It looks good. Improves muscle tone by enhancing protein synthesis as well as other benefits. Good stuff thanks.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Checked it out. Chyavanprash. It looks good. Improves muscle tone by enhancing protein synthesis as well as other benefits. Good stuff thanks.
Himalaya makes a Chyavanprash that comes in tablets but also one that comes in honey. I like using the honey based one as a pre-workout carb source. Very good stuff.

In my experience, the highest quality herbs generally available are made by Himalaya and Ayurceutics.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Himalaya makes a Chyavanprash that comes in tablets but also one that comes in honey. I like using the honey based one as a pre-workout carb source. Very good stuff.

In my experience, the highest quality herbs generally available are made by Himalaya and Ayurceutics.
Anything containing 40 herbs has to be doing something. I'm going to give this stuff a go. Have you ever tried Calamus root powder? They say you can make it into a tea which I have been doing. I haven't really noticed anything special. Maybe I'm not taking enough of it. The writeups on this stuff are interesting. One doctor said it should be a controlled substance, hmm. The Crie indians have used it for energy saying they can travel great distances without touching the ground. I'm not floating yet, what's going on here?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Anything containing 40 herbs has to be doing something. I'm going to give this stuff a go. Have you ever tried Calamus root powder? They say you can make it into a tea which I have been doing. I haven't really noticed anything special. Maybe I'm not taking enough of it. The writeups on this stuff are interesting. One doctor said it should be a controlled substance, hmm. The Crie indians have used it for energy saying they can travel great distances without touching the ground. I'm not floating yet, what's going on here?
lol, you must shop at Iamshaman. I have their whole calamus root. It was once thought to be the same calamus used in biblical stories of a special mixture. But upon further research I learned that it is NOT the same thing. There are also some negatives to calamus but usually associated with prolonged high dose usage.

Calamus should have decent medicinal properties mostly in the realm of soothing stomach/digestion problems. I suspect that if it does have psychotropic effects, it is similar to high dose nutmeg. I'm only guessing because of the spicy flavor to calamus...

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
bump for anymore triphala results
I've been taking a 1/2 tsp after every meal and I think I'm going to back off a little. I have been having gastro-intestinal problems the last 2 days but now everything is smooth sailing. I added a couple of tbls. of Pysillium husks a day ago and I'm doing quite nicely now. Now all I have to do is eat right and break 200 lbs. Just a goal.