I feel I have tennis elbow

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I haven't felt this sore all the time since I had tendinitis in my wrist. Could this be from doing dips everyday? I have done dips for years. Just really been hurting now for a month straight. I ordered some elbow support skinny straps. Bought some cissus, this hurts like hell. I haven't taken it, since I had tendinitis in my wrist. When do you take cissus, how much, with food or empty stomach, before bed or during the day? I'm not sure if I lock my arms out, when I'm working out, probably am. Do you have this elbow pain, right on the bone, towards my forearm.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had this years ago from straight bar curling.

I'd think that if you were doing these every day for years your tendons wouldn't be susceptible to injury but I'm not very familiar with elbow tendinitis and its causes.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Yes I do dips every single day. I never see anyone else in the gym, doing dips, male or female. I am a woman.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
It raise my mood when I do dips, so I do a lot a day. It's not hard for me, to do at all.

POWERSHARK

POWERSHARK

Awards
I try to tell everyone this because i literally was miserable a few months ago worst tendonitis in my wrist forearms elbows it was bad couldnt hit my max numbers. Finally i foumd a therapist that does manual muscle manipulation he uses metal tools to break up the tendon tissue whatever it is called up. "Graston" is a painful but life saving form of therapy i was amazed and pain free 1 week after getting treated.

POWERSHARK

POWERSHARK

Awards
But as far as ot being dips it could be anything i did a favor and voumced at a club 1st and last time on new years got into crazy fights with drunks now both my elbows feel like they have tendonitis again lol

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
Took a very long time for my tennis elbow to go away. It even bothers me to this day, although I did not have a physical therapist. I did get one of those flexbars off amazon and it helped.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Had the same issue up until a few weeks ago. ~ Acute pain in wrist all the way up to the elbow and even in the elbow specifically when doing curls. Started off on straight bar, moved to EZ curl, then after about a month that became unbearable too, then I couldn't even do single arm. So freakin' frustrating.

Try this: BioCor Regener-X

It's a spray on. Like $20 on Amazon.

Started using this about 2 weeks ago and helped tremendously from first application.

Seriously a game changer for me.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I try to tell everyone this because i literally was miserable a few months ago worst tendonitis in my wrist forearms elbows it was bad couldnt hit my max numbers. Finally i foumd a therapist that does manual muscle manipulation he uses metal tools to break up the tendon tissue whatever it is called up. "Graston" is a painful but life saving form of therapy i was amazed and pain free 1 week after getting treated.
Second Graston (or a similar form of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization...it's pretty expensive to get the official Graston certification, and the other versions do the same thing). Also, Active Release Technique (ART) and other similar manual soft tissue therapy tends to work very well for tennis elbow too. Actually, YouTube "active release tennis elbow" and you can probably figure out how to do it on your own, although a professional will obviously have better palpation skills, as well as be able to better determine whether that's definitely the problem/what is causing it.

Compression from the elbow sleeves you bought should help. Might also consider wearing wrist wraps (the muscles that cause tennis elbow cross the wrist).

Cissus is great. I've had luck with both PEScience GenoFlex and iForce Joint Help. You could stack that with E-Pharm Joint Force too if you wanted.