I am 34 year old male. Are my test result concerning?

Hope

Awards
test free, serum- 10.06 pg/mL ref- 8.85- 21.40
testosterone total- 585.39 ng/dL ref 164.94-753.38

background: M, 34 yrs old, 5'8", 78 kg, typical skinny fat with most fat around on abdomen and chest., heavy drinker( stopped drinking 2 months ago because of alcoholic hepatitis and jaundice with grade 3 fatty liver),2 times daily masturbator(p0rn), smokes 1-2 cigs daily and diet is heavy on carbs My energy is ok but libido and erection quality is not good. When it comes to the sex, it becomes hard to maintain erection and reach climax. I take zinc supplement and liver meds daily. Would losing weight help? or its time for HRT?

old thread back in the day lol

Hope

Awards
Also, a little known fact is DHEA helps a little with the sex issues you described. But I'm guessing you're on antidepressants and usually have sex while drunk.

thanks for replying. I was on Sertalin and concerta for 5yrs(stopped taking it in 2018) and replaced alcohol with it. Now completely sober since oct this year. The test wasn't ordered by doctors. I was feeling low on libido thats why I ordered the test.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thanks for replying. I was on Sertalin and concerta for 5yrs(stopped taking it in 2018) and replaced alcohol with it. Now completely sober since oct this year. The test wasn't ordered by doctors. I was feeling low on libido thats why I ordered the test.
That seems low for your age but well within the normal range. For instance I’m 39 and off cycles and after pct my test ranges in the 700’s last one ( a month before I just started a new cycle hit 809. What does the rest of your blood work look like? Cortisol, estrogen, e2 and everything test and free test are only a fraction of what you need to focus on. Thyroid function can in fact impact erection quality. Hormone balance is key.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That seems low for your age but well within the normal range. For instance I’m 39 and off cycles and after pct my test ranges in the 700’s last one ( a month before I just started a new cycle hit 809).

His isn't really low, yours is just higher than most at that age...

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're listing a host of unhealthy habits, still have decent test level bloodwork results and are thinking of HRT.. ?

Change your diet for the better, try to lose some fat, if you have excess amount of it, keep up the good work staying away from alcohol and see how that treats you. I don't think HRT is the answer here and most of the times erection poblems are due to different things, than test levels, to my knowledge.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're listing a host of unhealthy habits, still have decent test level bloodwork results and are thinking of HRT.. ?

Change your diet for the better, try to lose some fat, if you have excess amount of it, keep up the good work staying away from alcohol and see how that treats you. I don't think HRT is the answer here and most of the times erection poblems are due to different things, than test levels, to my knowledge.
This for sure. Your health is far from optimal and somehow your body is still churning out a level of test that would be clinically acceptable for a male at almost any age really. Now acceptable and optimal are two different things and I PERSONALLY would prefer to be top of the range vs mid-range regardless of what people say I am two different people with 1000ng/dl vs 500ng/dl.

That being said with your endogenous production still clearly working I think it would be a mistake at this time to get on TRT. What production you have will likely be gone forever or severely diminished were you to cease TRT, for whatever reason. I would work to increase your own production, as long as you are cleared to take supplements with your liver issue.

I think getting lean should be your priority and getting a clean bill of health from the doctor. Once you have that in place you can approach the hormonal optimization guns a blazing so to speak. Chances are your levels will improve naturally alongside your health.

Keep us posted don't pull a disappearing act like so many do!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get leaner with a healthy diet and training. I had quite similar issues in the past when I was drinking, eat crappy food al the time and smoking. Started to train and follow a good diet protocol and gave my self a few months. The damage you probably would have done to your body for yrs with drinking and smoking isn't going away overnight. Give yourself some time and work towards getting leaner.

Your test levels are fine.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The issue I’m seeing is he is only giving part of the picture. There is a lot more to bloodwork other then test levels. Unhealthy hormone balance on every other aspect should be looked at. Test might be in a decent range but the overall balance of everything else can be out of whack. Thus causing granted the hep, jaundice and fatty liver are no good but can be reversed. He stated energy levels are ok in my mind that like saying “ yah I’m awake but not really energized or I lack the drive to do anything worth a damn. He also doesn’t say what his workout or other changes are. There is so many missing pieces here.