Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
628! Dang! Ive never pulled above 515. May latest max was 500. I really wanna pull 600... And squat 500... And bench 400 is that too much to ask? Lol
600/405/700 are all numbers I believe I can achieve in time.

I’d also like to frontsquat 500 and load a 400 atlas stone, and overhead press 300 from the floor. I definitely want to get my farmers carries into the mid 300s/hand for 60ft.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just catching up here... the stone pics are very cool.. nice work!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I totaled 1,482 & you did 1,487 pulling 622 I believe. I had originally called 633 to tie but decided I wanted the confidence in the # more than a tie.

If only you had hit that last bench - I believe it was 369 and just missed the lockout! That would have pushed you over 1500
Yup, that was it. Still to this day I strongly believe you had that 633, but its always easier to say that after you hit the 3rd than it would have been for me to say "sorry, I thought you were gonna get it". Lol.

And yah man - still pretty bummed about that. That was my last chance at 1500 for several years and my classic sticking point bested me yet again. 1500 was my goal for that meet too...almost went perfectly according to plan but not quite. I dont think I had 13 more lbs in my squat (it wouldve been an absolute grind) and I damn sure know I didnt have it on my last pull so I just wasn't 1500 lb total strong that day! Once I secure a job after school that 1500 is going down. I just cant let you get too far ahead of me before then!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup, that was it. Still to this day I strongly believe you had that 633, but its always easier to say that after you hit the 3rd than it would have been for me to say "sorry, I thought you were gonna get it". Lol.

And yah man - still pretty bummed about that. That was my last chance at 1500 for several years and my classic sticking point bested me yet again. 1500 was my goal for that meet too...almost went perfectly according to plan but not quite. I dont think I had 13 more lbs in my squat (it wouldve been an absolute grind) and I damn sure know I didnt have it on my last pull so I just wasn't 1500 lb total strong that day! Once I secure a job after school that 1500 is going down. I just cant let you get too far ahead of me before then!
I can’t believe they didn’t have a squat bar! That threw me off bad after preparing for it for 10 weeks.

You better keep at it then cuz I don’t plan to back off any!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/19/18

40 Rep Circuit (same as Tuesday)

Logpress
102,126,146,166x3
191x4,5,6 PR

Incline Log
191,206,216x3
226x2 PR at this height?

Tri Pressdown
4x25

Abs were quite sore from frontsquat on Tuesday - I just didn’t have it to do chins, or really any back work. Basically every event, including log, taxes the upper back already. Comp is in 9 days on the 28th so my priorities are to stay reasonably conditioned, healthy, and practice technique one more time on everything.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^^Pumpin some blood into those tris i see :growbabygrow:

I can’t believe they didn’t have a squat bar! That threw me off bad after preparing for it for 10 weeks.

You better keep at it then cuz I don’t plan to back off any!
I forgot about that too. That was strange, I think the meet director said the guy who was supposed to bring it completely forgot or something like that right? How you forget the squat bar when thats your responsibility will never be clear to me haha. Thats like #1 if it's supposed to be there, forget everything else.

And I know it! You're already ahead and gaining more on me damn fast, I need to step it up!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^Pumpin some blood into those tris i see :growbabygrow:

I forgot about that too. That was strange, I think the meet director said the guy who was supposed to bring it completely forgot or something like that right? How you forget the squat bar when thats your responsibility will never be clear to me haha. Thats like #1 if it's supposed to be there, forget everything else.

And I know it! You're already ahead and gaining more on me damn fast, I need to step it up!
The answer is always...moar creatine!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As Lou would say...UTD

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As Lou would say...UTD
Lol I remember reading Jo Jordan’s log on EFS and his breakfast was usually just waffles with butter, syrup, & bananas with coffee. He posted a typical diet and the entire thing maybe had 100g protein, but his solution was just take more gear

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1256.jpg

Slowly but surely. My gf says I have ape toes. Maybe she’s right!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/21/18

Event Deload

40 rep Circuit

2x3 Box Jumps

Frame Hold
380 max time, didn’t time

Exergenie Harness Pull w Rope
3 runs, last was a tough warmup and not maximal at all

Stones
150x3
215 2x2

Just touched everything to stay loose; no yoke or Zercher carries to rest up for next weekend. Press tomorrow & upper, then a Deload squat on Tuesday.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your log is making me want to go find a strongman gym!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/22/18

6 Days Out

40 Rep Circuit Back Ext/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row/Hammercurls

Women’s 10” Log
72,122,162x3
192x1
202x2

Seated Military w/ Swissbar
123x3
163 2x3

Chest-supported Row
90x12
140 2x8

Tricep Pressdown
2x25

Used the smaller log today to put my hands on something less comfortable. Deload squat and some circuit work is all that remains.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got a lot of sleep last night and am going to do Deload lower session tonight. Feeling very good. BW 227.6.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
YOu are trying to make 220 for the competition correct? You have that easy peasy!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
YOu are trying to make 220 for the competition correct? You have that easy peasy!
No lol I actually have to stay above 220, otherwise I’ll be in LW Novice and have to lift weights so light I’ll likely get beat on conditioning from somebody lean lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No lol I actually have to stay above 220, otherwise I’ll be in LW Novice and have to lift weights so light I’ll likely get beat on conditioning from somebody lean lol.
Oh, well that is even better then. No water manipulation or anything will be great for performance!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/24/18 Deload

30 Rep Circuit

Frontsquat
205 3x5

Hi Bar
225 2x5

Extra shoulder mobility on top of normal mashing. Evening session just getting bloodflow and staying loose. Fasted all day til right before the session. Trying to prepare for all the food on Friday.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last 2 days I’ve fasted for about 22 hours (other than a good amount of half & half in my coffee) and then eaten a big fast food meal and some fruit and veggies, keeping total daily intake to 2,300. Definitely dropping weight faster than just eating clean throughout the day, so it’s worked while not training for real since Sunday. It would not optimize performance or recovery however.

Fasting again today and I will keep calories under 2500, then tomorrow will be full-throttle carb-loading with unrestricted calories for Saturday.

IMG_1524767368.679508.jpg

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
sweet baby hayzeus, 22hrs?!!? ...screw that, I thought my current 12/12 was bad enough.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
sweet baby hayzeus, 22hrs?!!? ...screw that, I thought my current 12/12 was bad enough.
Lol 12/12 is what I do normally. I just decided I was gonna see how far I can push it the last 2 days and ended up making it through work alright. I have been hungry since waking today but did not pack food since I know I can make it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am normally fast somewhere in between 18-20 hours myself. I will eat earlier if I feel I need to though.

Love that pic!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just finished shopping for carb-loading food:
-Jasmine rice w/ soy sauce & some beef
-Cheddar rice pops/crisps
-Blueberry Lemonade (cane sugar)
-Bagels
-Hershey’s Frosting
-Jack’s cheese pizza

I always have loved straight chocolate frosting - I was gonna get Nutella (10g fat 22 cho/2tbsp), but decided to check the macros going thru the baking aisle - frosting is exactly half the fat of Nutella! 5g fat for 22cho in 2tbsp.

BOOM loading hack for fat kids. Have your frosting and eat it too!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

LMAO

Question for you and Chris... would you consider fasting only having BCAAs during the fast, or would a couple of scoops of whey with water still be considered part of fasting?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LMAO

Question for you and Chris... would you consider fasting only having BCAAs during the fast, or would a couple of scoops of whey with water still be considered part of fasting?
Depends. If it’s for bloodwork, it’s only water for me. If it’s for weight loss, bcaas, coffee, and half n half/coconut oil or powder are all acceptable to me - they help with energy and satiety more than they contribute calories. Whey if I have even 2 shakes 2 scoops each that’s about 500 calories, and more importantly I find they make me hungrier.

Jamie Lewis was a proponent of isolate shakes all day and one super fatty meat meal at night. I found this was an extremely inconvenient and unsatisfactory diet for me - it worked but I was always hungry and craving junk.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends. If it’s for bloodwork, it’s only water for me. If it’s for weight loss, bcaas, coffee, and half n half/coconut oil or powder are all acceptable to me - they help with energy and satiety more than they contribute calories. Whey if I have even 2 shakes 2 scoops each that’s about 500 calories, and more importantly I find they make me hungrier.

Jamie Lewis was a proponent of isolate shakes all day and one super fatty meat meal at night. I found this was an extremely inconvenient and unsatisfactory diet for me - it worked but I was always hungry and craving junk.
Thanks, I have been going with 4 x 1 scoops shakes all day, then a workout and meal... but it's wearing thin! Purpose, to cut.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I have been going with 4 x 1 scoops shakes all day, then a workout and meal... but it's wearing thin! Purpose, to cut.
It will definitely work! And be superior for recovery with that amino trickle vs a true 20/4 fast.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol. That is good. And pretty much what Wendler is saying without saying it.

Jealous of your day of feasting tomorrow. I know how you put down cals on a pre comp day and I know you'll enjoy yourself. You talking about frosting really has me craving a cupcake.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Lol 12/12 is what I do normally. I just decided I was gonna see how far I can push it the last 2 days and ended up making it through work alright. I have been hungry since waking today but did not pack food since I know I can make it.
better man than me bro, lol...I had to eat something right after I read fasting 22 hrs straight.

good ish tho, if you can pull it off and see solid results...I'm with you tho, sip on coffee after wake up, helps me plenty, along with tons of water to make the fasting much easier.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jealous of your day of feasting tomorrow. I know how you put down cals on a pre comp day and I know you'll enjoy yourself. You talking about frosting really has me craving a cupcake.
So far:
-Small bowl of granola w blackberries & skim
-Cup of cranberry juice w creatine
-2 plain warm bagels w chocolate frosting

230 cho, probably 1,100 cal. I have only just begun! It will be work, but it will be worth it.

EDIT:

-3 cups of rice, 4oz beef
-small bag of cheddar rice crisps
-several cups of blueberry lemonade
-about to repeat above rice meal

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just finished shopping for carb-loading food:
-Jasmine rice w/ soy sauce & some beef
-Cheddar rice pops/crisps
-Blueberry Lemonade (cane sugar)
-Bagels
-Hershey’s Frosting
-Jack’s cheese pizza

I always have loved straight chocolate frosting - I was gonna get Nutella (10g fat 22 cho/2tbsp), but decided to check the macros going thru the baking aisle - frosting is exactly half the fat of Nutella! 5g fat for 22cho in 2tbsp.

NICE!!!!!
LMAO

Fasting is not having any caloric intake whatsoever during the fasting period but people modify it all the time.

The real question is do you need to be truly fasting to achieve your goal? Unless for medical testing then the answer is no...

Yeah, I don't consider it fasting once you start taking in calories but for weight loss your suggestions are completely on point. For weight loss keeping insulin spikes down, and blood sugar lower is going to be key.

You would likely burn more fat, as well as stimulate higher protein synthesis cutting the shakes down to 3 a day. It has been proven that eating protein about every 4 hours maximizes protein synthesis due to allowing protein levels in the blood to drop some so the spike drives more synthesis.

I would be a little worried about insulin spikes with just whey, as they tend to cause cravings since blood sugar is still low, but insulin is trying to pull the blood sugar into the muscles so blood sugar drops. I would maybe do something like 2 or 3 whey shakes with some fats. 1 scoop whey, and 1 oz nuts 2-3 times a day then the meal for dinner...

Lots of easy and convenient options but you may be making yourself hungrier with just the whey alone due to the resulting insulin spike.

It will definitely work! And be superior for recovery with that amino trickle vs a true 20/4 fast.
I agree, it is better to stimulate protein synthesis more often when pushing recovery. If I weren't focusing on just leaning up I would be following more of a CBL type diet with small protein and fat meals throughout the day and then one carb back loading meal post workout on workout days only.
So far:
-Small bowl of granola w blackberries & skim
-Cup of cranberry juice w creatine
-2 plain warm bagels w chocolate frosting

230 cho, probably 1,100 cal. I have only just begun! It will be work, but it will be worth it.

EDIT:

-3 cups of rice, 4oz beef
-small bag of cheddar rice crisps
-several cups of blueberry lemonade
-about to repeat above rice meal
Nice!!!!

I wish i had remembered to cook myself a bunch of rice and used this for seasoning... it is so fugging amazing man and yeah plenty of sugar to get those carbs up!!! I can eat almost twice as much rice just having this stuff poured over it!!!! SO GOOD!!!!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im gonna have to try and find that stuff. Looks amazing.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
04/17/18

40 Reps Total Each, Circuit
Back Extension, GHR, Push-ups, TRX Rows

Frontsquat
45,135,225,280x5
320x3
360 2x1

Lowbar, same bar with no knurling
360,385,405x1
425x3

Deadlift, stiffbar
225x3
315, 405x1
435 2x6
+straps
455x3

Squatting 425x3 and pulling 15 reps over 3 sets at 435+ with no back issues is the best squatting and pulling I’ve done in the last 8 months at least. When I pulled 628 in comp I was hitting 465x8 on a stiffbar, so to have this much capacity now indicates things are coming back around!
You used a deadlift bar in the comp?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
628! Dang! Ive never pulled above 515. May latest max was 500. I really wanna pull 600... And squat 500... And bench 400 is that too much to ask? Lol
Nope you'll get there
You got good lifts bro

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
USPA always has a deadlift bar. Most all strongmen shows that have a barbell will be a deadlift bar too.
I did not know that.
I'm USPA certified powerlifting coach.
Just the 2 day course.
But I thought it was IPL that did deadlift bars.
Shows what I know haha

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not know that.
Just the 2 day course.
Shows what I know haha
The only one I know that doesn't use a DL bar is USPA/IPF.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did not know that.
Just the 2 day course.
Shows what I know haha
The USPA is the US affiliate under the IPL. So you’re not wrong!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/28/18

4th - Truck Pull 50ft
Flatbed Semi loaded to ~35k lbs - 24.75 sec

4th - Frame Hold Big Free-spinning handles
350 25 seconds

Tie for 5th - 10” Logpress
200x4 PR

2nd - Conan’s Wheel
450 43ft

2nd - Stone to Barrels Stationed 10ft apart
225,250,275 in 11.13 seconds

Took 3rd out of 5 in Novice Heavyweight, mid pack. 1 single second faster on truck would have netted me 1st instead of 4th, 1 more second on the hold would have been 3rd, 1 more rep on the little log would have been 4th, 12 ft on Conan’s would have been 1st (it was set too low and it drug on the street and it pulled me fwd despite being easy for me). The 305 stone was literally covered in mud, I absolutely blasted 225-275 up in 11 seconds and then when I was the first to get to 305 it was actually covered in dirt - if the promoter had just wiped it off at all, I would have destroyed it. I snapped it up to midshin easy then all the mud slid off and I was screwed.

I’m happy knowing if I get a hair better on the first 3 events & set my pick height lower I could have won. The stone, that’s on the promoter, but you get what you get! My stone training really paid off, and I think I was the best loader there (only the guy that took 1st loaded the 305 in our class, but he struggled to do it in 38 seconds & I would have did it under 25 for sure, but he got to go after I pulled the dirt off). With only 21 lifters the show flew by in 3.5 hours, but even with very short rests I never felt wore out like I usually do - the circuit work really prepared me well.

Very fun day with a really well-matched group of guys. Had a great time

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, squatted at LA Fitness before we hit the hot tub this evening

Parallel Boxsquat
45,135,185,235,275,315,345,375,405x3
335x6

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome work. It’s funny how sports work, 60 seconds quicker and it would have gained you three spots higher and first place! That’s nuts. You’ll shave the minute off soon enough fam.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn man. Hell of a showing - from the sounds of it you were a few breaks away from coming out on top. On the bright side, you got a lot better today after having some adversity thrown your way.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome work. It’s funny how sports work, 60 seconds quicker and it would have gained you three spots higher and first place! That’s nuts. You’ll shave the minute off soon enough fam.
No not one minute, one SECOND lol - you can’t even make that up

Damn man. Hell of a showing - from the sounds of it you were a few breaks away from coming out on top. On the bright side, you got a lot better today after having some adversity thrown your way.
Yeah ours was a really evenly-matched group and it made it a lot of fun. Like you said, I feel like I’ve been on a roll this year and really starting to regain some ground and am getting better again!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I can’t read.