Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those extra hours will only serve you well! You are crushing it...

The pic with the stones looks legit!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Life gains! Congrats man!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, everyone!

03/14/18

Rear Delt Flyes & Hammer Curls

Logpress
126 2x3
148 2x4
168 2x5
188 1x6 PR

45* Incline Logpress
211 3x6
221 2x5

Chin-ups
+30lbs
6x5

Tri Pressdown
2x25

Really tried to work technique tonight on push-jerking the log rather than just push-pressing. Kept it light, no supportive gear, still hit a little rep PR at 188. Even a minimal jerk definitely helps.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, everyone!

03/14/18

Rear Delt Flyes & Hammer Curls

Logpress
126 2x3
148 2x4
168 2x5
188 1x6 PR

45* Incline Logpress
211 3x6
221 2x5

Chin-ups
+30lbs
6x5

Tri Pressdown
2x25

Really tried to work technique tonight on push-jerking the log rather than just push-pressing. Kept it light, no supportive gear, still hit a little rep PR at 188. Even a minimal jerk definitely helps.
Strong as an ox dude. Hope to catch up one day

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know about that... I need to bring every lift up by at least 100-150lbs lol - but thank you!
You keep taking 5-10 lb chunks out of that and you will be there before you know it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very nifty idea posted by CJ Murphy on EFS:

IMG_1521135180.533483.jpg

Big lifts and event training eat up a lot of time and energy - this is a simple way to inject some much needed volume back into my training.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very nifty idea posted by CJ Murphy on EFS:

View attachment 161737

Big lifts and event training eat up a lot of time and energy - this is a simple way to inject some much needed volume back into my training.
I can see myself going with something like this once I get a done specializing in some body weight stuff for a while and bring more traditional lifting back into the fray. That way it will keep me proficient at them while acting as a way to add volume as well. Every time I train now I try to figure out how I can modify things to be more hybrid training using both of the methodologies.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can see myself going with something like this once I get a done specializing in some body weight stuff for a while and bring more traditional lifting back into the fray. That way it will keep me proficient at them while acting as a way to add volume as well. Every time I train now I try to figure out how I can modify things to be more hybrid training using both of the methodologies.
I mean this kind of stuff really even doubles as injury prevention for the coming heavy work - you cannot get through this light stuff without getting the blood pumped and joints lubed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean this kind of stuff really even doubles as injury prevention for the coming heavy work - you cannot get through this light stuff without getting the blood pumped and joints lubed.
Absolutely!!!! I have to say that my elbow pain is improving and I feel it is from the mobility and whatnot in the body weight warm up. The shoulder and scapular drills in it make my shoulders feel so good going into training right now too. Everything just feels in sync by the time I finish those and the planks and leg swings. It's like a total body activation and I feel exhilarated by the time I finish my first pairing of pulls and dips.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1521233394.452637.jpg

Got to watch both of these guys in person compete at the Giants Live WSM qualifier in Indiana last summer, Adam taking 3rd & Rob 1st against more than a few international WSM veterans - beating out guys like Nick Best and Terry Hollands.

Making a little 3 hour drive to Robinson, IL for their Deadlift & Logpress training seminar tomorrow - Adam has pulled 900+ from the floor and pressed a 260lb Circus DB, and Rob has split-jerked a 450+ log & owns the American logpress record. Very excited!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking this myself, and might introduce that in not all but some of my days... thanks for sharing!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/17/18

Deadlift
225,275,315,405x3+2 singles

Logpress
100,125,150x4

Worked up to a PR single at 210 on a smaller diameter 10” woman’s log. Hit 200 very easy on the men’s 12” but 220 eluded me - strength felt very off the whole day and my lat insert has hurt since missing 220.

Very awesome experience; got some really great instruction and knowledge from 2 truly exceptional lifters, and we all had BBQ together afterward. Very cool guys.

Rob took his last heavy press 3 weeks out from the World Loglift Championship - this is him split jerking a 465lb log. This lift was, I believe, the biggest logpress by anyone other than Big Z performed in North America, ever:

IMG_1521393647.179661.jpg

IMG_1521393661.768232.jpg

IMG_1521393673.113617.jpg

IMG_1521393681.705298.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/18/18

30 reps total each, circuit style til completion
GHR, Push-ups, TRX Rows

Bench
45,135,185x5
235x2
265,285x1
235 3x6

Star track Seated Shoulder Press
115/side 2x10

Machine Chest Press
55/side 3x20

Rope Tri Pressdown
70x20,15,15

Standing Calves
100 2x12

TRX Rows

Left lat/sub-scapula still quite sore today so basically all strongman events were out - got some good bro work in.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
03/17/18

Deadlift
225,275,315,405x3+2 singles

Logpress
100,125,150x4

Worked up to a PR single at 210 on a smaller diameter 10” woman’s log. Hit 200 very easy on the men’s 12” but 220 eluded me - strength felt very off the whole day and my lat insert has hurt since missing 220.

Very awesome experience; got some really great instruction and knowledge from 2 truly exceptional lifters, and we all had BBQ together afterward. Very cool guys.

Rob took his last heavy press 3 weeks out from the World Loglift Championship - this is him split jerking a 465lb log. This lift was, I believe, the biggest logpress by anyone other than Big Z performed in North America, ever:

View attachment 161890
View attachment 161891
View attachment 161892
View attachment 161893
That’s a massive split jerk. That’s a cool venue you got to attend!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very cool getting to see that! Sucks about the lat / sub scap, not sure what I did but I triggered mine this weekend and when I went to do some pull ups it let me know it was not happy with me. I am going to test out how it feels tonight but I have a pretty busy evening so more than likely I will rest today and get a workout in tomorrow. I have been doing more of a Tues Thurs Sat Sun rotation lately anyway.

Hopefully yours clear up quickly!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a massive split jerk. That’s a cool venue you got to attend!
It was great. A log is significantly harder to split than an axle or barbell due to the massive diameter displacing your room to get under it in time - nobody does it better than Rob.

Very cool getting to see that! Sucks about the lat / sub scap, not sure what I did but I triggered mine this weekend and when I went to do some pull ups it let me know it was not happy with me. I am going to test out how it feels tonight but I have a pretty busy evening so more than likely I will rest today and get a workout in tomorrow. I have been doing more of a Tues Thurs Sat Sun rotation lately anyway.

Hopefully yours clear up quickly!!!!
It usually does if I back off and avoid loading it for a bit, thank you & likewise

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/20/18

Back Extension/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row circuit
2x15 each

Frontsquat
295x5
335x3
355x3 PR

Hi Bar
365x5
370x5
375x5

13” Deadlift
275 5x10

Man, a power belt made a huge difference in all my working squats. Hit a lifetime PR with relative ease. I’m going to wave back next week to time things best with the strongman show (deload,light,med,heavy,deload). Did the blockpulls since they were already set up and it was some easy volume at 50% intensity.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice PR! Treated myself to a nicer 13mm Titan belt. Ordered a month ago. Hopefully finished up soon...

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ridiculous front squats. Im just starting to get used to them again. Did 245 for 3. Gone way heavier than that in the past but im breaking myself in slowly. Hope to be where you're at later this year

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work on that front squat PR!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1521646381.914025.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Turns out this was actually 471lbs, and when I smoked 202 and barely missed 222 it was actually 211 & 231 (which would have been a lifetime PR despite feeling like crap).

Self-belief is more important than anything.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/22/18

Back Extension/Rear Delt Db Flyes/Hammercurls/GHR/Push-ups/TRX Rows Circuit
2x15 each

Logpress
126x5
158x3
183x3
+gear
203x2,3,2,3

Incline Log
211x8
+vs 1 chain (220@bottom-250@top) x3,3,2
211x6

IMG_1176.jpg

Continued to avoid direct lat training (it feels fine & I want it ready for this weekend). Can’t believe how effortless the clean has become since last weekend’s seminar.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work and amazing what having someone dial in your form will do on a lift isn't it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work and amazing what having someone dial in your form will do on a lift isn't it?
I was squatting deep enough on the clean to put it on my chest and tuck my chin on the log, but the problem is sometimes it stays pinned and others it slips down some and affects the rotation into the rack, and you end up more leaned forward. Rob and Adam set it atop the abs and stay more vertical torso with the top of the log around nipple line - this keeps you more balanced and as long as your back is strong the log can’t slip and rotates similarly every time.

You look like a mad-man!!!! Talk about Beast Mode lol
“If it would make me stronger, I’d probably eat dogsh!t” - Hafthor Bjornsson

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I was squatting deep enough on the clean to put it on my chest and tuck my chin on the log, but the problem is sometimes it stays pinned and others it slips down some and affects the rotation into the rack, and you end up more leaned forward. Rob and Adam set it atop the abs and stay more vertical torso with the top of the log around nipple line - this keeps you more balanced and as long as your back is strong the log can’t slip and rotates similarly every time.

“If it would make me stronger, I’d probably eat dogsh!t” - Hafthor Bjornsson
Hafthor bjornsson is a beast!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/24/18

Yoke beltless 80ft

Frame Hold
400 50 seconds

Zercher Yoke Carry 80ft
500 PR

Stones 54” No Tape, Still No Tacky
150/180/215x3
235x4
240 2x4

Last stone run loaded all 4 in under 33 seconds. Felt really on today, both yoke & Zercher felt very in my groove. Grip is improving. Bodyweight was 232.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/25/18

Back Extension/Rear DB Fly/Hammercurl/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit
30 total reps each

Bench
255 2x1
235 4x6

JM Press
95 4x10

Tri Pressdown
3x25

Surprising pump today. Bench starting to feel solid again.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the JM Press!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whats a JM press?
https://www.westside-barbell.com/blogs/exercise-videos/westside-barbell-exercises-the-real-j-m-press

A barbell skullcrusher done from a CGBP position (1-2 fingers on smooth) where you don’t lower the elbows as you lower the weight, so the delts won’t take the weight like a press and it stretches and strengthens the triceps tendon. But the bar ends up over your chin rather than further back, so you can handle more weight than an extension alone. JM could do over 500x3 on this exercise.

JM Blakley was a bench-only guy famous for setting world records at multiple weight classes in a year. He went from 198-308 and down to 220, then back up to 242. Even at SHW he wasn’t fat (eating 10,000 calories/day to do it). He could bench 600+ raw and mid 7s in a shirt, while missing a disc in his spine and before the gear was as advanced as it is now.

IMG_1522079059.465940.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/27/18

Morning - Squat Deload

Back Ext/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit
40 total reps each in 10 min

Frontsquat
45/135/185/225/265/300x5

Hi Bar
185x3
265x2
315x1
+belt
365x1
405x3 singles in a cluster

Evening (beltless)

Dynamic Deadlift on Stiff Bar
225x6
315x3
365x2
395x6 singles
435x2 singles

13in Blockpulls
315 5x8

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/28/18

Back Ext/Rear Db Fly/Hammercurll/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit

40-45 reps each

Log, no gear
126x6
148x3
178 6x3 EOMOM

Incline Log
211 3x5

Tri Pressdown
3x25

Deload today. Didn’t feel like it though. Everything was exhausting.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/28/18

Back Ext/Rear Db Fly/Hammercurll/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit

40-45 reps each

Log, no gear
126x6
148x3
178 6x3 EOMOM

Incline Log
211 3x5

Tri Pressdown
3x25

Deload today. Didn’t feel like it though. Everything was exhausting.
At least you know you need this deload then. Rest up and recover.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At least you know you need this deload then. Rest up and recover.
Part of it likely is cleaning up the diet, which is likely at a deficit now the last few days, but I also haven’t gotten enough sleep. Gfs mom’s bday dinner last night had us in bed at 10:30 but had to get up at 4 to train. Sleep tonight!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight 232 today. I am starting to see the difference in my gut already eating more whole foods this week. Beginning to acclimate to the increase in veggies & fiber. Trying to fast this morning since protein synthesis from yesterday is long gone and no training today.

I will like incorporate 40mcg of Clen at some point once I feel I am locked onto the diet (and won’t sabotage the results).

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will like incorporate 40mcg of Clen at some point once I feel I am locked onto the diet (and won’t sabotage the results).
LIquid or pill form?

Also what are you looking at for Macros?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LIquid or pill form?

Also what are you looking at for Macros?
CEM’s liquid. Tested it once for about 5 weeks back in 2016 to guinea pig it for my gf and stuff is very strong at just that 40mcg entry dose - never had to raise it to continue seeing results the entire time.

She used it only 20mcg (1/10th of a 1ML dropper!) for last 4 weeks maybe of 7 week diet and got down from 174 to 145.

Macros aren’t as important as focusing on whole and nutritious foods. Lots of veggies but eating instinctively for now. Carbs & cals higher on training days, some intermittent fasting on some off days here and there.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you going to supplement extra taurine while using the clen?

I’ve moved almost solely into instinctively eating. I’ve enjoyed outings more, have a better social life and don’t have this odd relationship with a foos scale any more lol

Hammer micros and you’re fine. Plus, you’ve been lifting and eating long enough to eyeball 4-5oz of meat and make smart choices on serving sizes of Cho/fats!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you going to supplement extra taurine while using the clen?

I’ve moved almost solely into instinctively eating. I’ve enjoyed outings more, have a better social life and don’t have this odd relationship with a foos scale any more lol

Hammer micros and you’re fine. Plus, you’ve been lifting and eating long enough to eyeball 4-5oz of meat and make smart choices on serving sizes of Cho/fats!
I’ve always believed in instinctive eating. Measuring may be necessary to get to 10% and certainly below it, but I’m just trying to get to 15% lol

5g Taurine daily if I did. Simply no reason not to, cheap and simple and good for hydration.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
03/31/18

Event deload

Axle Powerclean+Continental+Full Clean
115, 145, 165 2x3

Yolk 50ft, down & back
+belt

Frame Hold
360x56 sec PR

Sandbag Clean & Press
170 5 attempts, 3 presses

Atlas Stone Load 53”
150,180x3
215 5x3 short rests

Dusting off the axle cleans since I’ll be doing a comp with my gf on Beale Street Mother’s Day weekend, 2 weeks after the one I’m training for now. Kept everything easy today and passed on the Zercher runs to let my arms heal (still bruised from last week).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trying to get at least 1-2 meals/day in like this:

IMG_1522544073.371299.jpg

Over the last week my carb/protein is largely a grain/bean/ground turkey mix, but since I was doing errands today rotisserie chicken, avocado and sweet potato was the ticket.

Been liking spinach, tomatoes, cauliflower, mixed veggies & pickled beets on the side.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now THATS a solid plate.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/01/18

Back EXT/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit
40 total reps in 2 rounds

Rear DB Fly & Hammercurls
3x15

Bench
145x8
195x6
220x4
240x2
260 2x1
240 4x6

Don’t think my GHR has ever been this strong. That’s a good sign for deadlift and stones!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/02/18

Pulldown warmups, Db Press warmups

Seated DB OHP