How Much do you spend ?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This thread has caused me to reflect on how annoying it can be when friends and family don't appreciate the expense involved in staying in shape. They really don't appreciate anything beyond a gym membership, and I suspect actually believe things like protein supplements are unnecessary and therefore a waste of money.
My mom sees my supps and throws them away...

Demongreat88

Demongreat88

Awards
I like this question. In the last year or so I got on the supplement bandwagon. I buy most in bulk and make my own concoctions. I also have a preworkout that I take before chest workouts. I would say all in all, it would probably be $100 to $150 a month. Of those, my staples that I would buy if money were a limiting factor are creatine hcl and soy lecithin as both are must haves with obvious benefits and cost effective. A distant third would be citruline malate. The stuff is clearly an effective vasodilator, I don't know if it has a muscle building effect though.

roy_jones

Awards
My mom sees my supps and throws them away...
It's almost worth starting another thread. You'd think doing something as positive as improving your physical health would generate support, but not when it comes to the money investment. Where it's frustrating is if you have a limited budget because of your fitness costs and they show zero awareness of the trade-off you're making, or that it is long-term.

roy_jones

Awards
It's funny, and yet how easy is it to imagine moms that don't know anything about supplements freaking out and thinking they've found steroids when they've found a bottle of creatine or BCAAs.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's almost worth starting another thread. You'd think doing something as positive as improving your physical health would generate support, but not when it comes to the money investment. Where it's frustrating is if you have a limited budget because of your fitness costs and they show zero awareness of the trade-off you're making, or that it is long-term.
Sorry but that's just hilarious!
She thinks it's going to kill me. I've dug them out of the trash before..,,

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Should we move this to the anabolics? I feel like we could get better discussion in the appropriate section.

Making statements like "people that use steroids don't jump right into it" implies a lot don't do this, when they do.

I never said it is impossible, I said basically, if you have everything dialled in. Both test and tren work to reduce adiposity and lipolysis, making the loss of fat and the production of fat much harder. Can you still gain fat? Absolutely. My statement was hyperbole (is anything ever impossible?), but the two break the code of the human body by directly altering food metabolism, substrate use etc. My point was to highlight that a natty is predispositioned to store fat readily (under conditions of excess etc) whereas you can directly alter that through the introduction of AAS and utilise more of the ingested calories for the development of muscle.

Read how both tren and test affect adipose tissue:

So if you came in and said "I will eat 10,000kcals" and i'll show you that you can get fat, then you are arguing over a point I never made.
Yes we can. AAS will help you recover faster and build muscle more efficiently but if you go over how much calories you need (even if it's few hundred) you can still gain fat. Tren is the superdrol or phera plex or oils. If you run test, deca, or any of the other ones fat gain on them is not that hard. Tren, yes, you'll **** fat, but you are also on the harshest **** you could possibly find.

Either way (back to why this started), no matter if you are natural, natty, or even injecting your sack with steroids and GH, a good coach can make a HUGE difference. And finding a good coach is as easy as finding a good restaurant. They are hundreds or thousands of people leaving reviews or giving feedback about them left and right.

DarthGainer

Awards
Not saying all Nutrition coachs but allot are still in the stoneage regarding nutrition.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yes we can. AAS will help you recover faster and build muscle more efficiently but if you go over how much calories you need (even if it's few hundred) you can still gain fat. Tren is the superdrol or phera plex or oils. If you run test, deca, or any of the other ones fat gain on them is not that hard. Tren, yes, you'll **** fat, but you are also on the harshest **** you could possibly find.

Either way (back to why this started), no matter if you are natural, natty, or even injecting your sack with steroids and GH, a good coach can make a HUGE difference. And finding a good coach is as easy as finding a good restaurant. They are hundreds or thousands of people leaving reviews or giving feedback about them left and right.
Reviews matter? Heard of joe donnolly? Tran? That guy who debated with AA at the summit?

Lots of positive reviews; complete idiots. Tran (forget his last name) would tell people not to mix carbs and fat together because the glycerol from carbs is what made you fat. Carbs dont have a glycerol backbone. Fats do. Still get gets thousands of followers becauae his diet, no matter how flawed, still allows for weight loss.

If you want to buy into that then thats fine, but a quality coach produces results and can replicate that for a natty.

Ive seen matty s do it, matt porter, meadows, etc but there are many out there who rely on their physique to sell a product they cannot reproduce on somebody else.

A good coach worth his money is hard to find because many have no clue about how to dial someone in or how to tweak a diet properly when a client stalls.

Anyways, we will have to agree to disagree

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
jigz

for an ARA fan, i thought u might be interested that vit D reduces COX 2 ;)
A lot of anti inflams do, but the degree down reduction and interference is also important

Nektar

Nektar

Awards
A lot of anti inflams do, but the degree down reduction and interference is also important
I know aye, your absolutely correct! but if you search it up it sounds pretty potent with its 'suppression' and 'inhibition' etc. either way im happy that i discovered its an anti inflam at the least.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
June I spent $ 87.39 includes Protein

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
Not including my staple supplements (creatine, magnesium, fish oils, beta alanine) I spend around $100 a month. I've gone up to $150 before..kind of makes me miss the old prohormone days..

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The only natural supplements I will buy is protein and possibly a pre workout and creatine. Supplements for PCT is different but that is never the same each time and mostly concludes of an OTC test booster and maybe a natural anabolic with peptides this time around.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The only natural supplements I will buy is protein and possibly a pre workout and creatine. Supplements for PCT is different but that is never the same each time and mostly concludes of an OTC test booster and maybe a natural anabolic with peptides this time around.
Actually I just came off a run of Ep1c Unleashed and I really enjoyed it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre workouts I love. Always have one or two on hand. Then mostly health related supplements or brain supplements.
Ditto this but I'm too embarrassed to admit what I shell out

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This!

Experimenting costs money!
Exactly.

Its like anything you enjoy doing, you invest in it even if it makes no sense to anybody else.

I dont spend more on supps because my priorities are in other things and I cant afford it all haha

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, make with the figures AND itemized lists...

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I pretty much only buy staples and preworkouts. $100 maybe $150. I almost never buy protein though, if rather eat whole food. However, my grocery bill is around $150-175 week, so it balances out

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I'm one of those anti-supp guys for the most part. After a certain amount of time falling for the hype and marketing of supplements most people eventually reach the point of finally realising they do very little and decide to either save their money or go down the pharmaceutical path where things actually work.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one of those anti-supp guys for the most part. After a certain amount of time falling for the hype and marketing of supplements most people eventually reach the point of finally realising they do very little and decide to either save their money or go down the pharmaceutical path where things actually work.
The problem for most people that feel like you, have been tainted by companies that have ripped them off. There are in fact
natural supplements that actually work, and some of them just as good as pharma stuff. The problem there in lays with
unscrupulous companies that try to capitalize off of these products that do work, by making clones of them. Some of these
clones, may be identical, but most of them either are under-dosed or do not have the ingredient in them at all.

Then you end up with people who try these clones thinking they are getting something thats going to work wonders for
them, and they end up being disappointed. Then they try other products and the cycle goes on and on.

Fortunately with the internet, we now have a way to learn more about these companies if we do our research, and
can find the tried and true products and companies that do what they say, and make stuff that actually works.

I may be a rep, but the only reason i am a rep, is because i've used the products personally, and i know they work.

You just have to do a little research before you spend your money on fancy advertising :)

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
The problem for most people that feel like you, have been tainted by companies that have ripped them off. There are in fact
natural supplements that actually work, and some of them just as good as pharma stuff. The problem there in lays with
unscrupulous companies that try to capitalize off of these products that do work, by making clones of them. Some of these
clones, may be identical, but most of them either are under-dosed or do not have the ingredient in them at all.

Then you end up with people who try these clones thinking they are getting something thats going to work wonders for
them, and they end up being disappointed. Then they try other products and the cycle goes on and on.

Fortunately with the internet, we now have a way to learn more about these companies if we do our research, and
can find the tried and true products and companies that do what they say, and make stuff that actually works.

I may be a rep, but the only reason i am a rep, is because i've used the products personally, and i know they work.

You just have to do a little research before you spend your money on fancy advertising :)
I would say a lot of supps work but its a matter of degrees. "How well" do they work is an important question. Do they make a significant difference or a small one (for a big price)? Do the OTC supps do a significant job of lowering blood pressure, keeping one asleep, lowering high estrogen, putting on pounds of muscle, healing all forms of injuries, fight infections, etc, etc? Not IMO. There are some but not many and even then you are likely better off using a drug designed specifically for your need. Often the few that do work are useless taken orally like carnitine, carnosine, glutathione, curcumin, resveratrol, to name a few and everything OTC is for oral consumption. I mean multivits are the biggest waste of cash on earth.

But if any of the companies on here want send out their main products for me to critique be my guest I'm very fair and unbiased in my testing and reviewing.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would say a lot of supps work but its a matter of degrees. "How well" do they work is an important question. Do they make a significant difference or a small one (for a big price)? Do the OTC supps do a significant job of lowering blood pressure, keeping one asleep, lowering high estrogen, putting on pounds of muscle, healing all forms of injuries, fight infections, etc, etc? Not IMO. There are some but not many and even then you are likely better off using a drug designed specifically for your need. Often the few that do work are useless taken orally like carnitine, carnosine, glutathione, curcumin, resveratrol, to name a few and everything OTC is for oral consumption. I mean multivits are the biggest waste of cash on earth.

But if any of the companies on here want send out their main products for me to critique be my guest I'm very fair and unbiased in my testing and reviewing.
Adding absorption enhances changes absorption kinetics. I.e. piperine with curcumin which shows greater bioavailibility than straight curcumin

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't control myself.... $ 255.75 this month. How about you?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
$0.00

I win! :D

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I spent 90 dollars to stock up on protein during a sale and I felt pretty dumb.. Lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I have spent about 0.00 dollars in the last 4 months. I still seem to be stockpiling more. Strange to think how life was before Anabolic Minds.

take-the-red-ngxwpu.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a pretty good stash, but I still have to buy Protein powder and I need some epi for when I am done with the Get Diesel log. I have a few item in my stash that raise my BP may try to find some one to trade with.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use to spend a lot on supplements, anywhere from 100-300 a month, but then life happened and now I probably spend about $50 a month, if that.

My dog has a pretty expensive treat habit so most of my money goes towards him.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am a supplement addict. I try way too many things. My staples include protein powder, which is easily $60/month right there because I'm using it heavily while on a PSMF, Amino IV (which lasts me about 2 months) for $30, Fish Oil at $22/month, Vitamin D @ $7 for about 2 months, Vitamin C which I get a KG of for $20 or so and that lasts me about 6+ months, cheap multi-vitamin which is probably only about $2-3/month.

Then there are semi-regulars - N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine which is 4 months for about $20, Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 2 months for about $20.

Rounding off, that puts me at about $125/month before I throw in anything that I'm "trying"

In the past 2 months I've bought Piracetam, Aniracetam, CDP Choline, Adrafinil, Sulbutiamine, 4 bottles of Exotherm. Probably another $100/month.

So, when my habit flairs up, probably $200-250/month pretty easily. I'm trying to use less of these things though, as most are a waste of money and I see that...I just like experimenting.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I agree with you here, to a point, but that is actually kind of the basis of my "habit". I WANT things to work and I keep looking. As Vujade said, some things do a phenomenal job. Learning and finding which products fit that bill is difficult.

Most fat burners, for instance, are useless. The fat burners that do "work" happen to do so little it is almost not worth it. Forskolin is a good example - I really believe it helps and I use it, but it isn't going to allow you to loosen up your diet any. It may not be worth the price. I certainly wouldn't rely on it as part of a major intervention with someone.

On the other hand, I recently came across Joint Force by E-Pharm. I have a father who can barely walk because of a bad knee and a grandmother who is almost 90 that can't get out of a chair because of inactivity and bad knees. Both are in CONSTANT pain. Both have been prescribed Lidocaine patches, and my grandmother even uses OC to manage the pain.

They both have been using Joint Force for a little over a month now, and within DAYS of starting its use, they both told me it was a "miracle". Both have said the lidocaine patches were not even as good and those are $500/box if you don't have insurance. My dad said it now only hurts when he walks, not when he is just sitting in a car or chair at work, or laying down. Is this a cure? Far from it - but it has certainly helped and this is from two people who don't believe anything works, not even pharmaceuticals. I was shocked when they started using the word "miracle".

Unfortunately, for every "Joing Force" there are 1,000 flashy labels that do nothing.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just made my first purchase in 3 or 4 months. Spent $77.63 and got:

2 NOW Vitamin C-1000 250 caps (only meant to order 1 so 500 total)
1 NOW Vitamin D3 5000 iu 250 softgels
2 NOW Probiotic-10 50 Billion, 50 Vcaps (100 total)

Best thing is I ordered today and get it tomorrow. I'll be set on Vit D for almost a whole year and Vit C for 1.5 years.