Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was too afraid to quote my expenditure in the past lol
If people tallied just what I shared here it was 1-2k yearly

Being blessed with rep positions, it is now barely an expense
You don, t have to be affraid, we will not judge you, come foward and speak freely my brother! ��

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I rely on whey protein enough in my diet that it blurs the line between supplement and food. I go through 8lbs. per month, easily. I buy soon-to-be-expiring whey, but it still costs me $50 per month.

I have consciously bought supplements in the past with the intention of using it for placebo effect and still had the placebo effect work. That's my rationalization for costly continued experimentation.

In truth, I'm going to plow any money I was spending on supplements that I can't afford into more effective aids like SARMs that I still can't afford. That's progress!
Yes but the minute you believe it's placebo, it might stop working. For placebo to work you have to truly believe it will work and think it's not placebo....At least that is how I think/thought it worked/works.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes but the minute you believe it's placebo, it might stop working. For placebo to work you have to truly believe it will work and think it's not placebo....At least that is how I think/thought it worked/works.
I think there are many factors that play into placebo effect. IMO, it is not an absolutely conscious decision on the part of the user to not experience it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The issue is, the brain is powerful beyond what people can really comprehend, so even if the product itself does nothing, you can fall victim to the placebo effect and still experience results. Whether the person knows it or not, you can still experience placebo: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0015591

Placebos administered without deception may be an effective treatment for IBS
Plus the placebo effect can translate into tangible results: http://www.arielnet.com/articles/show/adi-pub-01242/anabolic-steroids-the-physiological-effects-of-placebos

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In the past years a ridiculous amount. Last 2 years, not much @ all. Usually keep some essential (multi, fish oil) products around. I typically have a monthly/two month limit. There are some new items that come around that I want to try or some unique flavors.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Wow with how much some of you guys are spending you can actually hire an IFBB pro coach. Maybe something to consider...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Wow with how much some of you guys are spending you can actually hire an IFBB pro coach. Maybe something to consider...
I tell this to people A LOT

Learning to diet and to lift with proper form will beat any supplement

NewAgeMayan

Awards
The issue is, the brain is powerful beyond what people can really comprehend, so even if the product itself does nothing, you can fall victim to the placebo effect and still experience results. Whether the person knows it or not, you can still experience placebo:

Plus the placebo effect can translate into tangible results
Its a fascinating topic. One of my interests is philosophy and science of mind/consiousness, and the placebo effect is definitely of the more intriguing phenomenons.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Most know how to train geared people, not natty.

Some give terrible nutrition advice to non enhanced users

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find it both funny and upsetting that rep's chime in here and say they spend only a few dollars - yeah we get it your comp'd for your work while the rest of us are paying full price, or discounted when sales offered.

I know I'm spending $1 per day on Ergonine !

Here are a few examples of "supplements" run for a month.

1 month got some salvo and 3G epiandro powder + shipping = $35.63 fairly priced.
1 month + bonus another month, item on sale, Myosynergy 2 for $50, so $25 per month, could only wish for that deal again, hint.. hint.
1 month Sustain Alpha, intro priced $29.99, picked up 2 on sale.

Now other supplement "staples" are mostly covered by the Ergonine but I try different vitamins from time to time, all organic, which is costly so I only pick them up on sale.

Monthly spending can vary - Rockets - $300 / month is not within my range but I know I could easily spend that if I had it.....

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I try to keep it around $50/month, which mainly goes to protein/bcaa/joint support. Stopped taking a multi and upped my fruits and veggies and just replaced it with a joint support. Every now and then when a good sale comes up I buy a new product to try, but it takes some serious convincing of my self. Especially when $30 of one supplement lasts a month or a month of test would cost the same (not that I take it, but it really puts it into perspective for me).

Also I like the energy from certain fat burners so I buy those once every 3 months

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find it both funny and upsetting that rep's chime in here and say they spend only a few dollars - yeah we get it your comp'd for your work while the rest of us are paying full price, or discounted when sales offered.

1 month got some salvo and 3G epiandro powder + shipping = $35.63 fairly priced.
1 month + bonus another month, item on sale, Myosynergy 2 for $50, so $25 per month, could only wish for that deal again, hint.. hint.

Now other supplement "staples" are mostly covered by the Ergonine but I try different vitamins from time to time, all organic, which is costly so I only pick them up on sale.

Monthly spending can vary - Rockets - $300 / month is not within my range but I know I could easily spend that if I had it.....
Let me verify (2) things, (1) I don't spend that much every month (2) that included Protein. This month it may only be the $ 35.00 I spent on the USPL Modern Protein.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let me verify (2) things, (1) I don't spend that much every month (2) that included Protein. This month it may only be the $ 35.00 I spent on the USPL Modern Protein.
Thanks for the clarification !

Protein, always a good investment. I did not include it in my costs but probable avg 30 to 40 / month as well

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So did you laugh or cry?

Before I was a sponsored athlete, I still only bought $80 tops, worth of supplements and that was usually every other month.

I know reps that are part f myokem that still buy a good amount of supplements a month.

No need to get upset lol

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I just paid my Credit Card Bill and Last Month I spent $ 321.90 on supplements. How Much do you spend.....Not sure if this will be fun or depressing ??
321$ that is nuts! Maybe around100 protein fish oil creatine are my staples.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards

Shelby Starnes. He actually uploads pictures of normal everyday people that are not even natty that he trains. They are a lot of these guys out there, you just have to find the right one. I would not go to Farrah but I would say Shelby or John Meadows could easily help every person on this forum.

TonyOverstree

Awards
About $300.00 a month because I always take a little more than the recommended dosage. Internet shopping always has the best deals.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
STAPLE SUPPS
Now Adam Multivitamin
CL OxiMega Fish Oils
USP Super Cissus
Solaray B-Complex w/ Vitamin C
ON or PES Protein
OL Conqu3r

Just my staple Supps can run @ least $100 - $150

When I do an anabolic or natty cycle it can easiily go to $300 - $400 with support supps for blood pressure, lipids, liver & pct.

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
As much as i want.if i want it i get it.my wife dont tell me what to do.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards

Lol what a cop out statement.

A good diet coach is worth his weight in gold regardless.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Shelby Starnes. He actually uploads pictures of normal everyday people that are not even natty that he trains. They are a lot of these guys out there, you just have to find the right one. I would not go to Farrah but I would say Shelby or John Meadows could easily help every person on this forum.
Oh I know there are good ones out there definitely, but a lot of these online coaches rely in geared people to get results. Ive known some to tell people to "up the dose" if the routines dont produce good results.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Whats the difference training geared vs natty? Maybe apart from training frequency.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats the difference training geared vs natty? Maybe apart from training frequency.
The efficiency in how your body utilizes calories. Major difference.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
The efficiency in how your body utilizes calories. Major difference.
An example of how that looks in real life? So I know the body utilises carbs and proteins more efficiently (not sure about fats, most likely as well) but I wouldn't know how this would change either/or's diet plan. Not in a major way anyway, maybe we could play with percentages but that should be left to pro's.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on the goal. Bulking, you can eat more, gain more, and be less "clean" with your food choices, while gaining less fat...especially the older you get.

With cutting, you will most certainly retain more muscle while either dieting to the extreme or not.

Your margin of error in almost every aspect is much greater, hence easier to train someone.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Oh, i think i see your point. So basically a coach (or even an individual) )can be more sloppy with geared and get away with it? That I agree with LOL

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, i think i see your point. So basically a coach (or even an individual) )can be more sloppy with geared and get away with it? That I agree with LOL
Hell yeah.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
i average 100 every 2 months
usually on protein
i just spent 120 on iherb on some staples, but that would last me close to 4 months
so a year roughly... around 1000? if thats anywhere accurate its cheaper than what i pay for cable and i dont even watch tv

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Oh I know there are good ones out there definitely, but a lot of these online coaches rely in geared people to get results. Ive known some to tell people to "up the dose" if the routines dont produce good results.
Well those are bad coaches and they are super easy to weed out. Farrah and palumbo use higher dosage drugs, shelby and meadow don't. Again, super easy to weed them out. But $300 a month on supplements while you can have one of the bests for $200 to do your training and your diet for you. I bet the second guy with a $100 supplement stack but with a coach will go a lot further.

Yes and no. People that use very high dosage drugs and eat ****ty when they step on stage they can look like ****. I know a lot of guys that use gear and don't use any sauces on there food unless is zero calories and they don't drink diet soda or even flavored water.
The guys on a lot of drugs don't know what is causing what, they don't always come in as lean or feathered, and they can't train very hard (and by very hard I mean very hard and not what you see 99% of people in the gym doing...legs days shouldn't be the only day that makes you want to throw up) because their BP is too high, they feel bad and bloated, and so on.

Right now there is a trend happening and it's a good one thankfully. A lot of people are dropping there dosages by a lot, they are dropping their calories in take by a lot, and they are doing cardio year around, and so on. I see a lot of people thinking that taking 10iu of GH will allow them to eat cheese burgers once a week or have a lot of excessive calories and look amazing but that's bull****. The guys that are running 3iu and eating clean are murdering them on the stage and out last them all.

Also don't forgot a lot of people run pro-hormones multiple times a year and they still end up looking horrible and run into a lot of health issues.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I agree. I would still say that a cut is a cut and a bulk is a bulk whether on gear or not. The only major different that I see on gear is more strength and quicker recovery thus you can train more both in volume and frequency. But as for diet a protein still does what protein does, carbs still do what carbs do, etc.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I would still say that a cut is a cut and a bulk is a bulk whether on gear or not. The only major different that I see on gear is more strength and quicker recovery thus you can train more both in volume and frequency. But as for diet a protein still does what protein does, carbs still do what carbs do, etc.
Thats not the only benefits..

With certain AAS, gaining fat is near impossible if you dial it in. With a natty, its near unavoidable.

The difference between geared and natty is phenomenonal

It literally changes the bodys normal responses to muscle growth

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I'm not saying there is not a difference in results by being on vs off. Of course being on is a ridiculous advantage but like I said thats not what I'm saying.

What AAS make gaining fat impossible? I still say diet will dictate that one.

Lets say you put a natural guy who's diet and training is on par on AAS. Nothing else changed apart from the introduction of steroids. He's expand like a weed still.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm not saying there is not a difference in results by being on vs off. Of course being on is a ridiculous advantage but like I said thats not what I'm saying.

What AAS make gaining fat impossible? I still say diet will dictate that one.

Lets say you put a natural guy who's diet and training is on par on AAS. Nothing else changed apart from the introduction of steroids. He's expand like a weed still.
You under estimate the power of some anabolics ;) diet does dictate, but its much harder on some to gain fat because it works negatively with adipose tissue.

But anyway, this isnt the anabolics section so ill leave it at that.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Yeah we gone off topic here. I spend about £500 per week on all kindz of supps!! :D

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I spend maybe 150 per month with the bulk of that going for Proto Whey and whatever source of PA I am using at the moment. The rest is for stim-free pump products and Intra-MD. I am ok with spending more but it makes no sense buying stuff that does not work for me.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I spent maybe 100$ a month but would buy maybe 300-400$ at a time. Less now though.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Thats not the only benefits..

With certain AAS, gaining fat is near impossible if you dial it in. With a natty, its near unavoidable.

The difference between geared and natty is phenomenonal

It literally changes the bodys normal responses to muscle growth
What drugs are you using? If you are talking about tren you should know that is THE harshest thing out there and even people that use steroids don't jump right into it. You can gain fat on anything and everything. I feel like you haven't either never used AAS and GH or if you have you're imagining things about them.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I love this thread. Late but in. I used to spend around 100 dollars a month on protein and Pre. I have been very blessed to not have to spend much anymore. But that being said I make much less irrational purchases. Now that I have more supplements in my stash I am much less like to go buy the first thing I can get my hands on. Its better this way.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What drugs are you using? If you are talking about tren you should know that is THE harshest thing out there and even people that use steroids don't jump right into it. You can gain fat on anything and everything. I feel like you haven't either never used AAS and GH or if you have you're imagining things about them.
Should we move this to the anabolics? I feel like we could get better discussion in the appropriate section.

Making statements like "people that use steroids don't jump right into it" implies a lot don't do this, when they do.

I never said it is impossible, I said basically, if you have everything dialled in. Both test and tren work to reduce adiposity and lipolysis, making the loss of fat and the production of fat much harder. Can you still gain fat? Absolutely. My statement was hyperbole (is anything ever impossible?), but the two break the code of the human body by directly altering food metabolism, substrate use etc. My point was to highlight that a natty is predispositioned to store fat readily (under conditions of excess etc) whereas you can directly alter that through the introduction of AAS and utilise more of the ingested calories for the development of muscle.

Read how both tren and test affect adipose tissue:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0039128X1000022X

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/300/4/E650.short

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3583947

http://journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Abstract/2004/05000/Testosterone_action_on_skeletal_muscle.6.aspx

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Giovanni_De_Pergola/publication/12324866_The_adipose_tissue_metabolism_role_of_testosterone_and_dehydroepiandrosterone/links/54302ff80cf29bbc127715d9.pdf

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1778664

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1341460

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jc.2003-031492

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0031938479900453

So if you came in and said "I will eat 10,000kcals" and i'll show you that you can get fat, then you are arguing over a point I never made.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Staples: ~75$

When I choose to go stacking like crazy: 75$+200$ = 275$

But usually with crazy stacks I get them at discounted prices, so much less than 275 usually.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lol what a cop out statement.

A good diet coach is worth his weight in gold regardless.
Who differentiated between a good and bad coach? Many online coaches couldn't get a natty into a contest and place to save their lives.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Who differentiated between a good and bad coach? Many online coaches couldn't get a natty into a contest and place to save their lives.
on a semi-related note...you see Justin Rys (bigkiwi) has died? He had dilated cardiomyopathy, apparently his heart failed about once every six weeks.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
...wouldnt surprise me if he were a member here at some point he was quite a prolific contributor to various online forums, very open with his drug use.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Just dropped about 240 for 'supplements' if that is what you want to call it.

roy_jones

Awards
This thread has caused me to reflect on how annoying it can be when friends and family don't appreciate the expense involved in staying in shape. They really don't appreciate anything beyond a gym membership, and I suspect actually believe things like protein supplements are unnecessary and therefore a waste of money.