How is the very upper chest all the way to shoulders obtained?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been doing Inclines as long as Ive been bodybuilding for five years. See The picture above of the supper area muscled up? does anyone have it? flat neck press?

as you can see on my picture I have some upper chest but nothing like the guy above, and this is me really squeezing and you can see my collerbones

well I seem to get some upper but not that high. how can this be gotten?

Things Tryed
Normal Incline station-barbell, dumbells
30 degree incline -barbell and dbs
Standing Military Press coming down to chest

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been doing Inclines as long as Ive been bodybuilding for five years. See The picture above of the supper area muscled up? does anyone have it? flat neck press?

as you can see on my picture I have some upper chest but nothing like the guy above, and this is me really squeezing and you can see my collerbones

Things Tryed
Genetics :( Man-I have the same problem- this is the only area of my body that I have ever had trouble developing- you could have excessive connective tissue in the area, and this can severely limit growth- try fascia stretching during a workout (look it up or I can find a link)- it is about the only thing that has worked for me.......kinda painful tho

The weird thing is- this is also one of my strongest areas- my incline lifts (poundages) are actually very similar or better than my flat or decline- pretty strange!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try some DC stretching and also incorporate DB flys at different angles. The muscle needs a stimulus to fill in this area and hitting it from several angles and engorging the muscle with blood will help to promote this.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tryed Db incline and flat Db flys for a year. still do them from time to time

Watched your Vid man

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had the same problem...and then all of a sudden they started filling in and I am happy as sh*t now. Anyways, I did a **** load of pec deck flies to hit the upper chest and it worked... that and db flyes on an incline.
B-e-a- UTIFUL!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
For me, close-grip bench press (hands slightly inside shoulder-width), keeping elbows tucked, seems to hit the upper chest very well, almost as well as incline BB it seems. If you think about the mechanics of it, the upper pec muslces move the arm up and in, which is the exact movement you get w/ CG bench press.

Honestly, I find them more effective than incline presses. I think once your upper arm hits a certain plane/angle, the shoulders take over for the most part.

I'm like you, I have had trouble developing my upper chest. I BB incline 225 for 11 and still don't seem to be packing on muscle up there. I started close-grip bench a few weeks ago and I can already tell a difference in upper thickness and pec separation (the line up the middle of the pecs).

IMO.

*edit: Maybe try close-grip BB incline. I'm gonna try those next time.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Things Tryed
On chest day, first exercise is Incline bench (db or barbell) always never change this. Emphasis on upper chest every time you do chest.

A couple workouts would look like this

Incline Bench X4
flat bench X3
Incline Flys x3

Incline DB bench X4
declines x3
Incline flys X3

Every chest workout , every single 1, you do some incline work first, If you like the bench alot, get it out of your mind, inclines come first day in and day out Incline Incline incline. Try different things once in a awhile. lIke preexhaust with incline flys immediatly followed with incline bench. try incline flys with the bench at each height of the back of the bench, dont do it too high thou. If you put more of an emphasis on incline You might want to reduce the amount of front delt wqork you do, because you get alot in with the incline. It one of the daily gring things, you just have to grind it out for a couple years to see any difference. Just learn to love incline more than bench after awhile Incline becomes you main exercise of choice. You know your doing good when your strength is about the same as your flat bench.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
you guys don't do weighted dips for chest? Not that they work upper chest very well but overall they are effective. Elbows should be just below 90 degrees for best results.