Honest answers.. Please!!

JayQue

Awards
I am looking for honest answers on supplements. What can I take for just normal weightlifting. I want some sort of an edge but don't need anything to crazy. I want to look better.. lose fat, gain muscle. Easy right? Lol

I've been a lifter for years. This is the longest stretch without workouts in my life. I had a baby and I fell off.

Changing my life around again starting today!

I have protein and creatin on hand right now... What else can I take/look into.

Just looking for some guidance on getting back what I had!!

Thanks fellas

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm sure you may have heard this a thousand times or so, but it all begins with your diet. Creatine and protein is a great start though.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Proper training and diet is what you're looking for. There are plenty of training programs out there depending on your lifting level (Starting Strength, Madcow, Wendler 5/3/1). The good basics/staples that aren't too crazy are:

Protein Powder (if you have trouble getting in enough protein)
Creatine
Multivitamin
Fish Oil
Caffeine (you can find lots of caps for cheap)

JayQue

Awards
I know... Thank you! I am starting with that, because that always been my problem. I can not stick to a good diet. I need guidance in that dept. any tips??

My biggest problem is lunch. People in my office go out at least 3x a week for lunch. I need to start bringing something healthy each day. I just have no time at night to get anything together. Is there anything easy I can put together? Like just chicken breast and some veggies?

JayQue

Awards
I shouldn't have said nothing crazy... I try and research different supplements but I honestly don't know what to believe. I am up for anything that doesn't involve a needle I should say. Lol

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supplements are meant to supplement your training/diet. If you're having issues with either of those things, supplementation is the last thing you should be looking at IMO. I've wasted a lot of money on supplements in the past when my diet/training weren't on task and showed no results for it. A lot of people these days like "flexible dieting/IIFYM". Check it out and figure out what macros you need.

JayQue

Awards
Thanks guys! Really helping. I am dedicating myself 100% back to healthy living and working out. I have been disgusted with myself for 8 months now. It's time!!!

Ca2pa

Awards
For meals at work one or two days a week cook a bunch of chicken, turkey, beef or whatever meat you like. Cook a head or 2 of broccoli and get your lunches prepared. Supplement wise good start with protein and creatine as said multi, fish oil and caffeine are good editions but diet is key. Supplement wise ARA such as xgels or forskolin for proven benefits. GOod luck.

JayQue

Awards
Is eating chicken breast with veggies 5 days a week for lunch ok? Also when do you guys take protein shakes? Morning, afternoon, workouts ?? I am just looking to get into a routine and keep it. Thanks again

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like mentioned above, diet and training are first and foremost...when those are in order then results will come

when it comes to supplements, the basic ones:
Protein (whey)
Creatine
Multi
Fish Oil

Get those in first....after that its up to you, many ppl like preworkouts for energy before the gym, pumps, and endurance, i personally love intra workout stuff, right now I use Compete but a simple BCAA product works too

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, get into a groove at the gym and the diet, then worry about supplementing. You'll see great gains at the start if you work hard and eat well. Then once you're going strong, then start looking into that stuff. But Protein, Creatine and possibly a PWO like Fitmax could help you get motivated before a session. Biggest thing is sticking with it though man!

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Is eating chicken breast with veggies 5 days a week for lunch ok? Also when do you guys take protein shakes? Morning, afternoon, workouts ?? I am just looking to get into a routine and keep it. Thanks again
I would try to change up the chicken breast and broccoli since you'll probably get sick of it after a while lol. Also with the meat you can always season them differently, use sauces, make meat balls out of em etc... If your just getting started again I'd stick with making small changes over the next month or 2 so its not a shock to your system, nothing worse than making yourself feel miserable after a week of getting back into it and then not wanting to do it anymore. Also creatine, protein and maybe a decent pre workout is all I'd use at the moment. Once you get back into the routine and make a short term goal then get some other supps to help out.

JayQue

Awards
Thanks guys!! Really helping me out here.... My workouts during the week will have to be in the mornings before work. 5am! Weekends whenever. Do you recommend a protein shake when I wake up? Then maybe around lunch. Then at dinner time? I know there are "better" times to take them then others. Just curious how you guys do it.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I would say the timing of shakes isn't all that important as long as you are meeting your protein needs for the day. Most people try to consume some quantity of protein every 3 hours but this really isn't necessary, I do it just because I'd struggle to eat that much in one sitting lol. After your workouts is probably when you would want a good amount of protein and carbs. Just about any reputable brand that makes fish oil is probably good enough, just make sure your not over paying for it.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Look into erase pro anabeta elite stack plus add beta alanine to the creatine. Thats a must in my opinion. Also something like ape will compliment the erase pro anabeta. Recompadrol is good if you eat a lot of carbs. Some people have good luck with d aspartic acid, Also you could add Arachadonic acid on workout days for short money. Thats a hot supplement right now. You also need something for intra workout. You could start with something like extend. I used it for a long time with good results. Oh and definitely get some agmatine pre workout for pumps. That should get you going good luck

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
There are few (if any?) supplements that will make any dramatic impact on your aesthetics.

Muscle memory will be your friend, here. Eat right and do work.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Look into erase pro anabeta elite stack plus add beta alanine to the creatine. Thats a must in my opinion. Also something like ape will compliment the erase pro anabeta. Recompadrol is good if you eat a lot of carbs. Some people have good luck with d aspartic acid, Also you could add Arachadonic acid on workout days for short money. Thats a hot supplement right now. You also need something for intra workout. You could start with something like extend. I used it for a long time with good results. Oh and definitely get some agmatine pre workout for pumps. That should get you going good luck

I'd rather spend all that dough on a personal chef... Lol

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
There are few (if any?) supplements that will make any dramatic impact on your aesthetics.

^^^ This!! When starting out again any other supps really will be a waste of money. Once you hit a plateau thats when I'd look into ara and others mentioned earlier.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established

Thats bs and its not that much money unless you happen to be poverty

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Supps are your friend and can help motivate you to train. This is my brass tax suggestion. Get anabeta elite and erase pro and ape pill form. Get ara and agamatine for pre workout and add beta alanine to creatine and get xtend. Thank me later and if you want to cut costs drop the ape first and the anabeta elite second if you have to but I think you should get it. Eliminate the ape if anything but it will be awesome for libido. Just get all of it and thank me later.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Supps are your friend and can help motivate you to train. This is my brass tax suggestion. Get anabeta elite and erase pro and ape pill form. Get ara and agamatine for pre workout and add beta alanine to creatine and get xtend. Thank me later and if you want to cut costs drop the ape first and the anabeta elite second if you have to but I think you should get it. Eliminate the ape if anything but it will be awesome for libido. Just get all of it and thank me later.
For someone who's been out of the gym for 8 months this won't help. A decent PWO, creatine, protein, fish oil, multi and good dieting should be more than sufficient. After a few months back in the gym then maybe try some other stuff out if you have the cash.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Thats bs and its not that much money unless you happen to be poverty

If you think it all helps, that's cool man. I've spend a ton of various supplements and I don't think a single one of them made a dramatic enough difference to continue to spend money on, beyond my natural progression.

Don't get me wrong, I still take a few bulk ingredients and a preworkout, but these crazy stacks are so over the top. If I'm going to drop that much money on supplements anymore, id rather just get some Test and get real results.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
For someone who's been out of the gym for 8 months this won't help. A decent PWO, creatine, protein, fish oil, multi and good dieting should be more than sufficient. After a few months back in the gym then maybe try some other stuff out if you have the cash.
Off course it will help why wouldn't it? All solid products proven to work. If something works it works whenever. What makes you think creatine and protein will work but magically not the other stuff?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
If you think it all helps, that's cool man. I've spend a ton of various supplements and I don't think a single one of them made a dramatic enough difference to continue to spend money on, beyond my natural progression.

Don't get me wrong, I still take a few bulk ingredients and a preworkout, but these crazy stacks are so over the top. If I'm going to drop that much money on supplements anymore, id rather just get some Test and get real results.
Real shutdown to And you will lose all the gains from it unless you plan on taking it indefinitely? Maybe you're just a cheapskate?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Obviously you don't want to hear others opinions so this is how I will approach this thread.

homer-simpson-bush.gif

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Off course it will help why wouldn't it? All solid products proven to work. If something works it works whenever. What makes you think creatine and protein will work but magically not the other stuff?
Where did I say the other stuff doesn't work? I'm just saying why start it off the bat? Why not wait until you hit a plateau and then use that? If he wants a short cut f*** all that stuff and just get some roids, right?

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Real shutdown to And you will lose all the gains from it unless you plan on taking it indefinitely? Maybe you're just a cheapskate?
If you got money to waste send me $100 and I'll send you a month supply of some good natty s***!! :D

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Where did I say the other stuff doesn't work? I'm just saying why start it off the bat? Why not wait until you hit a plateau and then use that? If he wants a short cut f*** all that stuff and just get some roids, right?
No roids are bad for you none of that stuff I mentioned is. Why even make supplements if anyone can just do roids. The reason to start those supps of the bat is because they work and will improve your gains without damaging your health like roids or giving you muscle that can't be maintained without continued use of said roids. Im pretty sure you understand that most people don't want to use steroids and the guy even said in his post anything short of the needle. Those supplements I mentioned work beginner or not thats a fact so stop crying.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
If you got money to waste send me $100 and I'll send you a month supply of some good natty s***!! :D
Hows it a waste? The supps work. Steroids are a waste because its impossible to maintain the gains with continued use

JayQue

Awards
I do have bullnox pre workout from months ago. Can finish that up if you guys think it's an ok supp... I was put on to it by a co worker.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Fight was, I hope your not implying or assuming "natty" supplements are safe simply because they aren't hormones or don't cause shutdown. If so, I urge you to do some research.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
*fightnews. Damn autocorrect.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Fight was, I hope your not implying or assuming "natty" supplements are safe simply because they aren't hormones or don't cause shutdown. If so, I urge you to do some research.
The ones I mentioned are

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
The thing is, one cycle won't make you look like that... Lol. You must be trolling...

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I do have bullnox pre workout from months ago. Can finish that up if you guys think it's an ok supp... I was put on to it by a co worker.
Yea may as well use it if you got it. Check out some of the pwo's from other companies though, this looks like a proprietary blend so its tough to tell whats in it. There's so many out there now so you can get stuff with or without stims depending on your preference.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
The thing is, one cycle won't make you look like that... Lol. You must be trolling...
I wish he was lol... He's hijacked so many threads on here lately its getting a little ridiculous

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
This guy is just a retard

Attachments

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I wish he was lol... He's hijacked so many threads on here lately its getting a little ridiculous
Im hijacking a thread because I made supplement recommendations like the op asked and you got upset and started talking about steroids? Thats your idea of me hijacking the thread? Whatever I said my piece I'm done.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Yeah one cycle wont make you look like that but the point is still the same. You can't maintain the mass without continuing the steroids. What little mass you do keep you could of put on naturally by the time you're done with the roller coaster ride.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Im hijacking a thread because I made supplement recommendations like the op asked and you got upset and started talking about steroids? Thats your idea of me hijacking the thread? Whatever I said my piece I'm done.
You made your suggestions which I went along with but stated they were expensive and not necessary ATM. You posted a bunch of useless pics, yes thread jacking.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
You made your suggestions which I went along with but stated they were expensive and not necessary ATM. You posted a bunch of useless pics, yes thread jacking.
Come on dude those pics prove my point which its ridiculous to deny anyway. Those guys look like idiots when they come off the roids Its a total joke. Why would anyone even want to bother?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Yeah one cycle wont make you look like that but the point is still the same. You can't maintain the mass without continuing the steroids. What little mass you do keep you could of put on naturally by the time you're done with the roller coaster ride.

Yeah, but you could say the same about natural supplements, as far as making gains eventually without them. Although, I don't think you'll get much real gains with most natural supplements, but that's my opinion/anecdotal experience. If your gonna spend hundreds on "natural" supplements, looking for an edge or enhanced growth, why not just spend a couple hundred and get real gains in a few weeks. That's just my opinion. People use natural stuff for the same reason people use real gear. They want better/more/faster results.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Come on dude those pics prove my point which its ridiculous to deny anyway. Those guys look like idiots when they come off the roids Its a total joke. Why would anyone even want to bother?
Who's denying anything? Why would who want to bother? No one here is saying "do steroids"... Lets keep on topic of OP, you know anything about bullnox that could help him out?