High blood pressure problems with trt

hawaiijedi

Awards
Hi everyone I've been on test cypionate 200mg once a week for about 6 months now and the last month I dropped the dose down to 100mg a week. I always had a higher blood pressure reading around the 136/80 range but since I started the trt it has risen a lot. My doc put me on bystolic which is a beta blocker and I still have higher readings of 160/90 and fluctuates even at higher readings. I never can get lower than the 135/90 range even with the blood pressure meds. Do you guys think that the trt is the cause of my high blood pressure and has it been known to cause high blood pressure? I am in good health, 38 yrs old and diet is not too bad. Bloodwork didn't show anything causing the higher readings. I wonder if anyone else had higher blood pressure since starting try? Thanks as any thoughts would be great.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi everyone I've been on test cypionate 200mg once a week for about 6 months now and the last month I dropped the dose down to 100mg a week. I always had a higher blood pressure reading around the 136/80 range but since I started the trt it has risen a lot. My doc put me on bystolic which is a beta blocker and I still have higher readings of 160/90 and fluctuates even at higher readings. I never can get lower than the 135/90 range even with the blood pressure meds. Do you guys think that the trt is the cause of my high blood pressure and has it been known to cause high blood pressure? I am in good health, 38 yrs old and diet is not too bad. Bloodwork didn't show anything causing the higher readings. I wonder if anyone else had higher blood pressure since starting try? Thanks as any thoughts would be great.
BP can be raised from TRT.

There are other factors that could be playing a role as well. Including: sodium intake, other diet influences, water intake, stress, lack of sleep, caffeine...

You also could be getting worked up during your readings resulting in an epi dump and spiking your bp. If that is an issue try mediating and deep breathing before its taken. Also, where are you getting your readings done?

- Valdez

hawaiijedi

Awards
I have a blood pressure cuff that I bought from Costco and I also have them done when I see my doc weekly for the test injections. I appreciate the tip I have been under stress but I figured that the beta blocker would work better and keep my pressure lower. I also have been getting less sleep lately too. How much does the trt raise blood pressure?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a blood pressure cuff that I bought from Costco and I also have them done when I see my doc weekly for the test injections. I appreciate the tip I have been under stress but I figured that the beta blocker would work better and keep my pressure lower. I also have been getting less sleep lately too. How much does the trt raise blood pressure?
There's unfortunately no set number on how much it will raise it if any. Its all user dependent...

- Valdez

reliable

reliable

Awards
My doctor ordered a 24-hour blood pressure monitor, where you wear a cuff that automatically inflates every 15 minutes. The data is then transferred to a computer which graphs and averages the daytime and nighttime readings. At first the automatic inflation takes some getting used to, but after awhile you just ignore it, including while sleeping. The results are more useful than single readings; the averages showed that the medicine I was taking was in fact controlling my blood pressure.

hawaiijedi

Awards
So you think the 24 hour monitor would be the best bet to see if my bystolic is working? If you don't mind me asking what kind of blood pressure meds are you on?

hawaiijedi

Awards
Also how often do you donate blood for the hemocrit thickening?

hawaiijedi

Awards
Also does your testosterone level drop after donating the blood, and if so, should I donate the day before injection?

reliable

reliable

Awards
Also does your testosterone level drop after donating the blood, and if so, should I donate the day before injection?
I don't know if my testosterone level drops after donating blood - I don't think enough blood is removed to make a significant difference. TRT is intended to keep testosterone at normal levels, so I'm told that it shouldn't matter to the recipient of the blood (if that is your concern). That said, it would seem sensible to donate on the day before an injection - logically, you would be giving away some percentage of that injection otherwise.

reliable

reliable

Awards
So you think the 24 hour monitor would be the best bet to see if my bystolic is working? If you don't mind me asking what kind of blood pressure meds are you on?
I take relatively low dosages of three different blood pressure meds: Micardis (a combo drug - angiotensin antagonist and diuretic), Toprol (beta blocker) and Amlodipine (calcium channel blocker), so I basically cover the spectrum. By taking all of them at low doses, it seems to minimize the side effects (fatigue and ED) while controlling the blood pressure.

reliable

reliable

Awards
Also how often do you donate blood for the hemocrit thickening?
I've donated blood twice for this reason at three months apart, which seems to keep me just below the upper danger limit. When I've donated blood, I haven't told them it was for this reason, and it shouldn't make a difference to the recipient as they are getting normal-range blood.

vassille

Awards
May want to look into thyroid deficiencies.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
ESTROGEN!!! I did not see once you post your levels. take a betablocker? why not fix hormone balance!

check your estrogen if its high = bloat and high BP.

did you check your estrogen BEFORE taking these beta blockers? you should

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I never give blood and my bloods are normal an I am on hrt and cycle (im sure on cycle they are a bit high) i HATE taking blood so im happy im lucky. atleast with last blood work a few months ago.

hawaiijedi

Awards
My free test was 305 and my total test was 1000 and my estradiol was at 16. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What kind of BP meds you taking?

I use cozaar mainly, but recently switched to a new one that combines cozaar with a bit of a water pill. With cozaar I've gotten my BP down to 120/65. I also had probs when starting TRT. I was borderline before I started (135/90).

reliable

reliable

Awards
ESTROGEN!!! I did not see once you post your levels. take a betablocker? why not fix hormone balance!

check your estrogen if its high = bloat and high BP.

did you check your estrogen BEFORE taking these beta blockers? you should
No, didn't check - had high blood pressure for years before starting TRT. Though high estrogen could be making things worse - good advice to have it checked.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I never give blood and my bloods are normal an I am on hrt and cycle (im sure on cycle they are a bit high) i HATE taking blood so im happy im lucky. atleast with last blood work a few months ago.

Same here, my hematocrit always returns to normal on it's own if I lower my test dose.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My blood pressure can fluctuate between 120/65 to 145/80 depending on the day and time. I went into the doc to get a prescription refill on Friday and I had a 130/84 and went in today to grab some paperwork and had them do it again (I had just had a sandwich before going in) and it was 142/70.

Blood pressure is so hard to nail down unless you are really off the charts, IMO.

I will say that when I first started and was taking 200mg a week, that made me feel like I was walking around with a near heart attack all the time. I would be a terrible candidate for a cycle.

hawaiijedi

Awards
Gutterpump, do you experience any erectile dysfunction with the diuretic? I was on cozaar and it didn't really help my blood pressure then doc switched me to bystolic 20mg a day and it seemed to help a little but I still get readings like 148/90 and sometimes 135/85 fluctuates between those ranges. My doc was considering adding a diuretic to the bystolic but I'm afraid of the side effects with low libido and ed. Any thoughts?

hawaiijedi

Awards
Kisaj, when you were on test cypionate 200mg weekly your blood pressure was higher as well?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kisaj, when you were on test cypionate 200mg weekly your blood pressure was higher as well?
I was. I have never had what would be considered low or low normal blood pressure on the occasions I have tested, but the two times it went out of my comfort zone was when my wife was pregnant with our first girl. Because, you know, I had to pack on 15lbs of sympathy weight so she didn't feel bad. Lol. The other time was when I started out at that high dose.

To be honest, I don't track it all that much. If I fall into a normal or high normal once every 3 months I test, I'm fine with it. I know 142 is higher systolic, but it was mid day and I just ate lunch, so I highly doubt I am running around with that.

hawaiijedi

Awards
I appreciate your quick response kisaj and I totally understand the sympathy weight gain I had to do the same thing for my lady lol. I just hope with my added cardio and with the trt I can shed more body fat. So far no go.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump, do you experience any erectile dysfunction with the diuretic? I was on cozaar and it didn't really help my blood pressure then doc switched me to bystolic 20mg a day and it seemed to help a little but I still get readings like 148/90 and sometimes 135/85 fluctuates between those ranges. My doc was considering adding a diuretic to the bystolic but I'm afraid of the side effects with low libido and ed. Any thoughts?
Cozaar didn't work? How much were you taking? Man I LOVE cozaar. Cozaar is also actually good for wood. Whenever I am taking anything out of the ordinary like a higher dose of GHRP-6, etc (it raises BP significantly), I double my cozaar dose to 100mg (50mg split over the day) and my BP has been superb. Right now the level of cozaar I am taking is only 50mg.

I have experienced no ED on the combo pill I've been taking. I will find out what type of water pill is added in and let you know. It's a very low dose though.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Gutterpump I appreciate it.
I'm usually taking Losartan/HCTZ 50/12.5mg tablet, once per day.

I've switched to Losartan (cozaar) alone, 50mg twice per day because I've been under a lot of stress and consuming a ton of caffeine lately.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just came back to this because I recently added in a product called Cycle Assist based on the incredible reviews and the solid ingredient list. I see most people take it to control everything when on PH, but I am very familiar with all the ingredients and know that they would be a benefit to anyone.

I started about 2 weeks ago and within 2-3 days started just feeling a real nice sense of overall well being. TRT and my noots already have me there, but this seemed to just cement everything in place. I went and had blood work and I think that what could be playing a big factor is that it lowered my BP significantly. I went in the same time as always and had a 124/77 reading and a resting HR of 60. I am very happy with these numbers and I do think they are in big part due to this supplement. I plan to get full bloods to see how everything else changed, but I thought I'd bring it up.

hawaiijedi

Awards
Thanks for the great tip kisaj I just ordered two bottles can't wait to see the results. I'm gonna add that in addition to my blood pressure meds and see what happens