Help...question about Genomyx DCP....

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Hi chaps,

A quick question about Genomyx's DCP, which I started using a week ago. Each serving (2 capsules) contains 300 mgs of potassium and over the course of the day this equates to 900 mgs. Is this too much supplemented potassium? I ask because last night as I was just about to dose off my heart rate increased by around 30 - 40%. It may have been caused by other factors, but because of the severity of the consequences of having high levels of potassium in the blood, I am a little worried.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

domore

Awards
I believe the RDA of potassium is around 3500mg (or more). Additionally, the 300mg comes from a potassium salt, so you aren't taking in 300mg of straight potassium. Unless you are taking an additional potassium supplement and eating a boat load of bananas, hyperkalemia is nearly impossible to induce through potassium dietary intake.

Also, be on the lookout for DCP 2.0 being released through BPS.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I believe the RDA of potassium is around 3500mg (or more). Additionally, the 300mg comes from a potassium salt, so you aren't taking in 300mg of straight potassium. Unless you are taking an additional potassium supplement and eating a boat load of bananas, hyperkalemia is nearly impossible to induce through potassium dietary intake.

Also, be on the lookout for DCP 2.0 being released through BPS.
Thanks mate! That has put my mind at ease some what. It must have been induced by something else....may be indigestion. Had a heavy meal before bed.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Hows your diet going maybe watch out or time to cut back on bananas, tomatoes, oranges, and potatoes which can lead to high potassium levels. But with DCP just keep it safe with 2 caps 3 times a day and make sure you keep drinking that H2O