Help! My "training temple" is closed for another 2 weeks!

bigrabbit

Awards
Hey my fellow builders and hardgainers,

i havent worked out since the friday before xmas and cant get to one until for another two weeks, what should i do?
my gym is currently closed for another 2 weeks and i go on holz next week, i have been doing cruches a few pushups, close-grip pushups etc and a heap of cardio, what does everyone recommend until i can get back???

Thanks
The BigRabbit

bigrabbit

Awards
please forgot the other thread as i cannot for some reason access the link because the word 'gym' is blocked for some reason...

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Invest in some light free weights, and exercise equiptment for home use. Other than that, maybe join another gym for a month perhaps? Or get a guest membership somewhere, most small time gyms will work with you if you tell them your predicamint. I invested in some dumbells, curl bar, bands, and such things, just incase I can't make it to the gym. Its not great, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

sr71A

Awards
I was in the same situation. I feel your pain and anxiety. I live in a fairly small toen and when my gym owner passed away, it took a few weeks till it re opened so I joined with another gym 20 miles away.It was an effort but i really enjoyed training there for the time being. Some things are important and worth doing if you want it that badly.

It turned out to be a great thing because the new gym was very nice and had so many different things to do that i actually make the 40 mile round trip every 2 weeks just for a change and variety to my workouts.

Maybe you can invest in some light weights and a bench as mentioned and keep during such times.

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
i hauled off a really big truck tire i found in a field. you wouldnt believe what you can do with that.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Go to your neighborhood park and use the playground as your gym. There should be plenty of bars to do pull-ups, pushes, etc.
Go when there are no kids, you'll just get in their way of having fun. Go early in the morning or late in the evening.

bigrabbit

Awards
thanks for all the help, eventually re-opened last week, so i am pleased with that and have been hitting it hard since to make up for the missed weeks... :)

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
thanks for all the help, eventually re-opened last week, so i am pleased with that and have been hitting it hard since to make up for the missed weeks... :)
glad to hear it