Help me understand an ATD

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It seems i might of been wrong about what an ATD actualy is.. Heres what i know please fill me on the rest so I can understand it better

ATD:
novadex xt
6 oxo
inhibit E

I was under the impression that these are just weak, junk aromatase inhibitors that really didnt do anything. I guess if they were, they wouldnt be lowering libidos, so how are these different from prescription AI's like adex and letro.. and how are they beneficial?

- How do they work exactly?
- Do they raise test levels ?
- Will it help put muscle on?
- How effectively will it block estrogen?

If someone could please address these and share what you know on this thread.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo is not ATD. Novedex XT contains several aromatase inhibitors including ATD. Inhibit E is straight ATD.

The main difference between OTC AI's such as ATD and prescription AI's are half-lives of the compounds as far as I know. The OTC compounds have mauch shorter compounds. Also the prescription AI's seem far more effective, but maybe someone else can chime in on this.

ATD is actually a suicide inhibitor and is a very strong AI, with a very short half-life.

AI's inhibit testosterone from converting to estrogen, hence a raise in testosterone, and a fall in estrogen (although estrogen only seems to fall in potent AI's and at high doses). Hence you have a greater testosterone to estrogen ratio. The raised test levels are where the muscle building properties come in.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What does ATD stand for? and does suicide inhibitor mean it wont cause rebound?

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
What does ATD stand for? and does suicide inhibitor mean it wont cause rebound?
ATD = Androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione or 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione

ATD is a suicide inhibitor, this simply means that the ATD binds to aromatase enzyme receptor and deactivates it. Think of it basically as the ATD molecule sacrifices itself by binding to the receptor.

You may or may not experience rebound effects... this depends on many factors.