Healthy living macros?

juandelabarra

Awards
Hi, so I've been wondering if anyone around here knows by experience or studying what are the best macros when looking to lean bulk but also being healthy about it.

I mean more than little fat gain, I'm talking about recovery speed, organ health, Inflammatory response, etc.

This is my first time ever trying to gain some muscle and I want to be smart about it. Right now my macros are 45%Protein, 35%Fat and 20% Carbs. I come from a CKD so I'm adding carbs a little at a time

Thanks!

Khazima

Khazima

Awards
1g protein per LB of LBM (or BW for simplicity), .4-.7g fat per LB of LBM (or BW) and the rest of your calories carbs. This allows for sufficient amino acids based on your individual stats as well as optimal hormonal and organ function.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Beyond the ratios of your macronutrients, if your main goal is health, look at the composition of what makes up those macros

juandelabarra

Awards
Thanks for your answers, being an ex obese kid, 95% of my calories come from whole foods, maybe not organic free range happy grass fed, but you know what I mean. I was interested in the relationship between carbs and fats.

I now know that they should be inversely proportional. So if high carb then low fat and vice versa.

Again, thanks for your answers!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Remember to also see what works for you personally…everyone requires different ratios