Hcg diet + Alcohol = remarkable results.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
go http://www.dermahealthinstitute.com/catalog/article_info.php?articles_id=73

and

here http://hcgcoach.com/before_afters.shtml

and here http://gs70.photobucket.com/groups/i111/69VG7BTK80/

I have been doing research on this for a while, it seems to be working for really obese people. Concievably the hCG frees up adipose tissue for the daily energy needs thats why you only need to eat 500 cals a day.

Furthermore, I will be posting a log containing me and my wifes results on this, with before/after pics, as well as we will go get our BF% tested before, during and after.

I intend to put this to the test, im sceptical, but have ordered the stuff, just have to wait for delivery

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hCG doesn't cause lipolysis. Inducing a ketogenic state will induce it.

hCG will assist with hormone levels only, while on an extreme starvation diet such as this. But with lacking nutrients, I don't see how hCG will even do it's job properly...you're not going to have the building blocks to produce hormones at a proper level on this type of diet.

CoachG

CoachG

Awards
!!!

Yeah, uh, dudes, I stopped eating altogether. I dose 2g of DNP daily, shoot 3,000mg of test E. weekly and 400mg of Tren EOD, pop clen like it's PEZ and stay properly hydrated by slamming a 12 pack of MGD every night. I don't lift weights or do cardio, but my bodyfat is like under 1%. I feel freakin' awesome. Oh yeah, I I.V. 5000IUs of HCG every three hours, just for kicks. I've started lactating, but my "doctor" told me just to drink the breast milk for a little extra protein.

jeez...:684:

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Well, I have a lot of comments as I've played with the diet before.

My review here.

My personal feelings is that I don't see the HCG having any effect from the scientific studies, but you'll notice people in both groups tended to loss a lot of weight - which makes sense since it's a Very Low Calorie Diet. Lyle McDonald recommends a crash diet very similar in his Rapid Fat Loss Handbook as well.

I personally think that a protein sparing diet that is low in calories, while continuing to weight lift as heavy as possible and regular cardio is a very efficient and fast way for people who are in the 20+% bodyfat range to lose weight. I took creatine during my experience with it and actually got stronger.

This is obviously not a long term strategy for health, but it terms of effectiveness, I think it's right up there with DNP.

I would check out my review as I tried to make it pretty unbiased and answer a lot of questions about it. I realize this goes against a lot of conventional wisdom, but I would recommend everyone to investigate further before making judgments.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another thing to note, not that i am a conspiracy theorist or anything, is that if hCG really did work as advertised (lb a day in 23-44 day cycles with 4 week break in between) there would be a lot of supplement companies really pissed off because the masses would flock to it rather than continuing to prop up a multi billion dollar industry (weight loss pills, gym memberships, diet books, jenny craig etc).

Im just saying is all, also it would be beneficial for people to actually spend some time researching before flaming, just in the interest of having a constructive conversation.

Cheers!

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this should be called the lindsay lohan gollum diet.

LLgd.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to note, not that i am a conspiracy theorist or anything, is that if hCG really did work as advertised (lb a day in 23-44 day cycles with 4 week break in between) there would be a lot of supplement companies really pissed off because the masses would flock to it rather than continuing to prop up a multi billion dollar industry (weight loss pills, gym memberships, diet books, jenny craig etc).

Im just saying is all, also it would be beneficial for people to actually spend some time researching before flaming, just in the interest of having a constructive conversation.

Cheers!
Interested to see your results. Going to start a log somewhere?

Also, how much HCG is it per day? Just wondering. From the post I wrote above, it looks like 200U/ml blood concentration (dunno what this works out to if you were to inject one bolus IM) is correlated with hyperthyroidism.

I'm wondering how much of the "HCG" effect is mediated via increasing hormone release versus cross-reactivity with the thyroid receptor. I also have no input into the mechanism that HCG could have on appetite suppression. It looks from all this that the main reason for the HCG is to suppress the appetite so that 500kcal is actually do-able. Any thoughts on the MOA for app supp?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Hcg does contribute towards weight loss, but doesnt cause it, DNP causes weight loss, i would rather use something else other than the excretion from a womans vulva to help me loose weight, Albuterol would be my preference.

jlgchia

Awards
Wow if this doesnt feel like spam.. first post includes a link to a doctors website who magically has the cure make people lose weight... everyone call him!

That was NOT spam. I included the link becasue of the simple fact that everyone on here is so skeptical. That is why I said call him and see for yourself. I have people emailing me cursing me out. This is crazy I am sorry I ever tried to tell anyone my story on this stupid forum! Thank you all so much!!!

jlgchia

Awards
Let's be honest here dude. There's no such thing as a holistic doctor. Spend that wasted money on a gym membership next time.
You know what I did. I hired a personal trainer for 8 months. I went 3 times a week and did his diet. You know how much I lost 8 lbs! So I tried something else and it worked. I tried the south beach diet, that did not work. I tried the eat clean diet, that did not work. I tried nutrisystem, that was grose, so that did not work. I went to a "holistic" Dr. and he put me on a program that worked for me! Finally, something that did. So shoot me! Now I am going to be off the HCG at the end of May and I found a fabulous personal trainer that specializes in "woman" competition fiqure training. Cannot wait!

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will be starting a log here in the weight loss forum, probably beginning of june. The pins and swabs showed up today, just waiting on the hCG to ship from singapore, and the BA and other essentials from a med supply company. Everything should be ready to go for a june start, if not mid may. Will definately be putting this to the test.

From what i read, all the hCG does (like in pregnant women) is bypass the bodies need for external calories sources, and utilizes stored fat for energy, you should really read simeons paper (easy to find on the internet) he has an explanation about the different types of fat (standard energy usage, structural, and unaccessable stored) he says that the hCG makes the usually inaccessable fat the first thing to be used up (rather than muscle say).

The paper he wrote answers basically every question asked here, i just dont feel like copying and pasting.

Cheers

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i've personally have done the diet, two of my friends have as well, as well as 3 of my brothers, and i can attest that it does make you lose fat.

hcg basically is a dramatic muscle sparing appetite suppressant. its appetite suppression comes from the fact that it releases your body's fat to be used as fuel. so theoretically you are living off of thousands of calories a day + the 500 cals you are taking in.

just recently two of my brothers have gotten off of the diet and both lost upwards of 25lbs in a 26-shot ( 23 days of dieting ) cycle.

i tried the diet , but i couldn't make it past a week ( i guess your hunger isn't satiated until around day 10 or so ) i may try it again , if my diet/supplement plan i am about to start doesn't pan out

and for everyone saying '' all of the weight loss is glycogen , and water, etc '' understand, please, that once glycogen stores are depleted, you don't lose anymore.

CONS:

i didn't have a bowel movement for 7 days straight, i missed food like no other ( any food ) i opened up peanut butter jars just to smell it lol. also i couldn't sleep.

Mariantk

Awards
Well since that's exactly what it is, I guess so. (minus my addition of social drinking)
Whiskers~~
any new info on the HCg.... are you still having a few ****tails on HCg and lossing. For I am doing the HCg diet and Im dying to have a few drinks on the weekend but dont want to screw up my weightloss, any info would be helpful from you!

thanks

Marian

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
my wife has been doing it. I use it for other reasons, but it hasn't helped her appitite at all, and its very hard for her to do 500 cals a day but she does it. however her loss isn't as described at all. I think its bull****. I mean, she had abs already and works out, but in like 3 weeks she only lost like a couple pounds. with her behavior I'd say her metabolism slowed almost immediately.

StormBull1

StormBull1

Awards
I did this diet and lost 65 pounds in 4 months did not lose any muscel it works guys I know some BB's who will do this diet befor a comp.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
Wow im amazed with all the haters. HCG isnot bs. The dramatic 20+ lbs lost are from the over weight not the in shape low bf% people. I was a little skeptical at first but my sister lost 23 lbs and has kept off 15.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I have been on VLCDs I have been on HCG. I think the HCG diet is BS, people are losing the weight cause of having 500 calories a day, HCG or not your going to lose the weight and at 500calories a day you can kiss your appetite good bye.

I looked up as many studies I could, there is no scientific evidence that HCG promotes fat loss, the only advantage I could see HCG having on a VLCD is increasing well being but in my personal experience even that wears off after afew weeks.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I have been on VLCDs I have been on HCG. I think the HCG diet is BS, people are losing the weight cause of having 500 calories a day, HCG or not your going to lose the weight and at 500calories a day you can kiss your appetite good bye.

I looked up as many studies I could, there is no scientific evidence that HCG promotes fat loss, the only advantage I could see HCG having on a VLCD is increasing well being but in my personal experience even that wears off after afew weeks.

the fact that you think it is BS doesnt really mean anything. my brother had the hardest time losing weight. he tried clen, t3, and low cal diets, and the fat would not budge. since hes done hcg, he has become a full believer, losing most of his weight, and maintaining a great deal of muscle. he will be starting on his 3rd and last cycle soon to get rid of the rest of his fat.

i used to think it was nonsense as well, but as i've seen, people are getting real results that they were not getting before, so does it really matter what ''scientific'' evidence you have, when others have empirical evidence?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Read:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/127079-hcg-diet-log.html

FWIW i did lose around 20lbs and have basically kept it off for 6 months. I have seen double blind studies that show that hcg does NOTHING while on a VLCD.

Your stomach shrinks, your blood sugar stabilizes, and your body gets used to 500 cals a day. HCG has nothing to do with this process.
the study doesn't mean anything. empirical evidence does.

if i can do t3 and clen and eat 1300 cals a day and not lose any weight, but then i do a special diet consisting of very specific foods eating 500 cals and lose weight, what does that mean?

if it was all about the 500 cals, you could eat whatever you want as long as its <500 and still lose weight, which isnt the case. - ive done that many, many times without losing any weight. conversely , if the hcg did nothing, why is weight gain so dramatic if your diet differs from the protocol at all?

ive also had a friend eat one plate of spaghetti and one piece of bread while on hcg, and gain 8lbs in one night. you cannot tell me he completely refilled all glycogen stores with 1 normal plate of spaghetti and 1 piece of bread.

the bottom line is, ive seen real world results so i could give a fig about what some studies say. i have 3 brothers [ 1 that used to be a cage fighter and has tons of muscle] and a sister in law on hcg who have seen close to no LBM loss, but alot of fat loss, so where does that leave us?

bigblue10

Awards
OK..newbie poster but longtime follower. I just tried 14 days on the HCG low cal diet. I have to admit that with the help of HCG and appetite suppressants, hunger pains died after about the 3rd day. Essentially what the HCG does is target your abnormal fat, not your structural fat that would happen during starvation mode.

HCG takes the abnormal fat and processes it in the body for necessary nutrients? Energy. I don't get it entirely scientifically, but I have to say I stopped after 2 weeks. The reason? I actually didn't feel all that bad, but I'm going to assume that due to fat processing into the bloodstream for calories, it can't be a benefit for the organs that require other vitamins and minerals. There just isn't any long term studies to show any negative affects yet.

I consider myself a bigger than average dude. 6' and 225 pounds with about 14% body fat normally. I dropped to 10% after 2 weeks of HCG and I wasnt' all that strict. I drank a little bit and ate a bit more than I was supposed to on certain days.

Anyway, I still have a lot of HCG. I am wondering if anyone knows what would happen if I continued taking HCG without the appetite suppressents and maintained my normal dieting which consists of the typical 6 meals and cardio in the morning. Will it be counter-productive or could I see some results either negative or positive?

skratch

Awards
if anyone eats 500 calls a day,they will loose massive amounts of weight.I did triac and around 1500 calls and lost 10lbs in 6 days,its possible but not healthy at all.

drop the hcg and just eat 500 calls,I bet you will drop weight

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if anyone eats 500 calls a day,they will loose massive amounts of weight.I did triac and around 1500 calls and lost 10lbs in 6 days,its possible but not healthy at all.

drop the hcg and just eat 500 calls,I bet you will drop weight
I love reading people that haven't tried the diet, try to explain how it doesn't work. I know for a fact that it does. U can lose an lb or more a day(i have done it) and with minimal muscle loss. Try doing that on 500 calories a day without HCG. Dropping weight and losing fat can be two different things.

skratch

Awards
I love reading people that haven't tried the diet, try to explain how it doesn't work. I know for a fact that it does. U can lose an lb or more a day(i have done it) and with minimal muscle loss. Try doing that on 500 calories a day without HCG. Dropping weight and losing fat can be two different things.
500 cals and every single roid made will still be in a catabolic state,I dont care what your taking.If I went to 500 calls Iwould go from 275 bench to 175 in one week and even lower the next week,that would take a very long time to get that muscle back bro.Its not rocket science,your body eats fat when you dont eat.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
500 cals and every single roid made will still be in a catabolic state,I dont care what your taking.If I went to 500 calls Iwould go from 275 bench to 175 in one week and even lower the next week,that would take a very long time to get that muscle back bro.Its not rocket science,your body eats fat when you dont eat.
So how do u explain my not losing muscle while using this diet? Not to mention the other thousands that have used it? Everyone is lying? Its not like they each own a supplement company and are hawking products.

bigblue10

Awards
Although I only went on the HCG protocol for 14 days, I did lose weight and did not lose any muscle. If I did it was unnoticeable. Fat loss in my mid section and legs was noticeable to my wife and I. Typically I can push 315 bench about 10+ times. My reps dropped to 7-8 when I came off the diet. Coincidence? Not sure, but I didn't get a ton weaker. I'm prety sure I'll be back to 10+ reps in no time.

Yes, you will lose muscle without HCG if you eat only 500 calories. The HCG essentially makes your body target ABNORMAL fat. If you didn't use HCG, you would likely lose more STRUCTURAL fat. If you don't know the difference, look it up. Without HCG and several weeks on 500 cal dieting, you would likely be in physical pain and have hunger pains a TON. An example of abnormal fat is belly fat. An example of structural fat is your heel or palm of your hands. Honestly, being on HCG and the 500 cal diet wasn't as bad as I expected, but I chose to stop because it just isn't for me.

But it DOES work and it is legit. I'd say it is more appropriate for people that want to lose more than 20 pounds.

I want to lose 10 pounds to look shredded. I think I'll try my normal dieting, lifting, and early morning/ empty stomach light cardio.

Anyone know of any good metabolism boosters that I can take? I have a desk job and feel like I need something to keep my system going.

ordomagus

Awards
I did a quick google search for "structural abnormal fat" and so far every site has been advertising an HCG 500 calorie diet. Can anyone point to real references as to the differences between abnormal and normal fat, if there even is a difference?

bigblue10

Awards
Check this via link: www[dot]healthyhcg[dot]com/faq.html....sorry I don't have authority to post links yet.

Why can't I just go on a 500 calorie diet without the HCG?

In order to answer this question you need to understand how the body stores and uses fat. Dr. Simeons identified three separate fat stores:

1. Normal fat: This type of fat can be likened to a checking account from which the body can easily draw energy or deposit it as needed. Normal fat doesn't take a lot of effort to lose.
2. Structural fat: Pads the various organs, protects the arteries and cushions the bony prominences. You don't ever want to lose this fat. It is vital to your health and well being. Yet, on the typical "starvation" diet, this is the fat you lose when the normal fat is depleted.
3. Abnormal fat: This is much like a bank safe deposit box, where fat is stored and basically locked away. This fat is very difficult to lose via exercise and calorie restriction, but with the help of HCG the body readily pulls fat from these "last resort" fat stores.

Bottom line: If you go on a 500-calorie diet without HCG, the body uses the normal fat and then starts to use the structural fat and muscle. Losing your structural fat and muscle tissue can adversely affect your health and well-being. In addition, "starvation" diets without HCG can cause you to be excessively hungry, which is typically not true for those using HCG drops on Dr. Simeons' special 500-calorie schedule. This is not just a VLCD (very-low-calorie-diet). See next question.

ordomagus

Awards
You kinda just proved my point, there.

What I'm asking for is a reputable source with no connection to HCG in any way, shape, or form, who confirms both the 3 claimed types of fats and their unique responses to dieting.

Without that type of source, all these claims are just repeated marketing.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I'm waiting to see some real before and after pics of a guy with descent muscle mass before I try it. I'm on cycle now, good size guy. Normally it takes me about 6-8 weeks to get where I want to be (31" waist). If the diet works like they say, then it would cut the time in half without losing muscle. Anyone have pics?

rara

Awards
Tried it but quit at day 3. Iv'e done 3 day water fasts easily and aside from lethargy felt fine. I couldnt bear the side effects I felt like total **** nausea vommiting stomach cramps lack of sleep hot flash total lethargy. Im hypo throid and quit my meds as suggested that might have been the reason I couldnt do it. I may try using it during a keto diet of about 20 % below maint. so I can compare it to prior diets Im curious if it will help. Ill post if I do.

Miket202

Awards
I know this is an ancient thread but do you remember if you starved all day before drinking vodka on hcg phase 2?

Miket202

Awards
I know this is an ancient thread but do you remember if you starved all day before drinking vodka on hcg phase 2?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kronic Weight Loss 2
hvactech Weight Loss 7
asamkhan Anabolics 14
kingdong Anabolics 8
Weight Loss 0