Have tendonitis. Are test boosters a good idea or not?

chlorella

Awards
I've been dealing with a little tendonitis in my foot and elbow.
I origionally figured that test boosters would help in the repair/recovery.
Now I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to not take any test boosters. I think a lot of them lower estrogen and now I'm starting to wonder if it's better to maintain the natural level of estrogen for tendon repair.

So what's recomended when dealing with tendonitis: To boost or not to boost?

ps I've got DTCH, IGF2, Stoked, Testopro, and Maca available to me.
Also have cissus, EFAs, ZMK, vit D, greens, BA, Cit Mal, Creapure, BCAA, Vit C and protein sitting in the closet. I have not taken any supps in over a week and just kind of wondering what to do.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I would avoid anything that lowers estrogen.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Well, not sure if boosting your test levels will help very much, but lowering estrogen levels would be very bad IMO, estrogen in some ways acts like a joint lubricant, and by lowering it will produce a joint drying effect that I predict will cause you more pain and discomfort.

Sometimes tendonitis stays around, forever, you just have to deal with it sometimes and do your best not to aggravate it. I personally have found the best thing for it is rest, but no one wants to rest

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fish Oils and Super Cissus rx are a must for my joints. Using a test booster like TCF-1 I dont see being a problem, except if your strength starts to outgrow your tendon strength, it migh become more uncomfortable, BUT you realistically wont experience that with a otc test booster.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I've been dealing with tendinitis in my left elbow for a while now. I was getting cortisone shots but I've since stopped since longterm use is not good. I don't know if test boosters are beneficial or not, but I have been using emu oil on my elbow every day for the past month and it seems to help. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but it seems to be helping a lot. I am a skeptic when it comes to "miracle cures" and other things that are highly touted so I'm assuming that it is helping. You might want to give that a try.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
really? dam, i been outa the gym cuz of my tendonitis and i just started some letro to get rid of a lump

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The most important thing is to rethink your short vs long term goals, and adjust your workout routine

Reactions: Jag
Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Fish Oils and Super Cissus rx are a must for my joints. Using a test booster like TCF-1 I dont see being a problem, except if your strength starts to outgrow your tendon strength, it migh become more uncomfortable, BUT you realistically wont experience that with a otc test booster.
Fish Oil and Cissus is the perfect combination.

Put a workout togrther with exercises that don't hurt the area, even a little bit. Moderate to light weights. higher reps and no training to failure.

I did this a while back when i had bicep tendon issues.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
The most important thing is to rethink your short vs long term goals, and adjust your workout routine
Very plain and basic advice that WILL definitely work. It's sometimes hard to get your head around when you are set in your ways. It's nice to have it pointed out now and then.

furricane

Awards
I am going to assume that it is the insertion point of your triceps at the elbow that is hurting (probably the medial head).

1. Place your hand palm down in front of you on your computer desk.
2. Rotate your hand over clockwise so that your hand is back side down with thumb pointing outward.
3. reach across with your other hand and place your index and middle fingers so that the side of the tip of your middle finger is resting against the point of your elbow where the tendons for the triceps attach.
4. Now press down as hard as you can on the area that is about 1" from your elbow point with your index finger and massage it. Use of a lubricant such as tiger balm helps.

This is what my massage therapist did to my elbow tendon to cure it in one session. He taught me to do it myself and whenever it flairs up this cures it almost instantly.