Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear you're trying to take the bull by the horns - you only get one life, and you're never guaranteed another day. Spend it the way you deem best, I say.

161403f467b9a4d7112554ab0afac256.jpg

The guy is whack, but the mindset of a go-getter no doubt.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I loved when Dave Chanelle told that story. He needs punched in the throat along with his dumb stupid wife, but it's still a bad ass saying.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Welcome man! Glad to have you. I'm with team bodyvisions currently. Are you from Colorado? If so do you still live here?
Yeah I was in Colorado, but moved just a bit ago so no longer there. Competition scene there is nuts tho.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Yeah I was in Colorado, but moved just a bit ago so no longer there. Competition scene there is nuts tho.

Yeah I've heard the shows are giant with tons of legit competitors. We will see. I have a couple of good coaches and good support on here and stuff so I feel pretty good about it. I don't plan on walking on stage unless I am too 5 ready.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Good shot HW! I'm sure you'll be walking on stage in great condition! I never understood why some guys compete wen they look like **** compared to other competitors. I understand that some bad **** can happen in the final hours but some of these guys look bad in comparison.
Before everyone jumps on my ass about dedication and all that. I myself don't compete nor have the dedication to diet just saying from what I've seen.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Yeah I've heard the shows are giant with tons of legit competitors. We will see. I have a couple of good coaches and good support on here and stuff so I feel pretty good about it. I don't plan on walking on stage unless I am too 5 ready.
Oh yeah. We will bring out A game bro don't you worry. I'm gunna be peeled like a banana when I walk on stage. My striations will have striations.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Good shot HW! I'm sure you'll be walking on stage in great condition! I never understood why some guys compete wen they look like **** compared to other competitors. I understand that some bad **** can happen in the final hours but some of these guys look bad in comparison.
Before everyone jumps on my ass about dedication and all that. I myself don't compete nor have the dedication to diet just saying from what I've seen.
Youre absolutely right. Its a judgement on straight physique. The judges dont care what it took to get there, whether its you lost 100 lbs and all these other struggles, they dont care its not a motivational competition. Lots of people want to compete and think they can become "dedicated" to a fitness lifestyle and 6 months later get on stage after just starting to lift at the start of their prep. It annoys me and takes away from those that have been working for years towards this, not months. muscle maturity is one thing, but there is no excuse for not being shredded on stage. I feel there should almost be like a weeding out before the stage, but theyre paying serious $$$ to stand there. Sorry for the rant.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Youre absolutely right. Its a judgement on straight physique. The judges dont care what it took to get there, whether its you lost 100 lbs and all these other struggles, they dont care its not a motivational competition. Lots of people want to compete and think they can become "dedicated" to a fitness lifestyle and 6 months later get on stage after just starting to lift at the start of their prep. It annoys me and takes away from those that have been working for years towards this, not months. muscle maturity is one thing, but there is no excuse for not being shredded on stage. I feel there should almost be like a weeding out before the stage, but theyre paying serious $$$ to stand there. Sorry for the rant.
https://www.t-nation.com/blogs/why-are-you-competing

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know haha I read that when it got posted. Pretty much summed up my feelings and in agreement with it.
My last show had a lot of great competitors, but also a good amount that could've waited a while to compete. There were so many people (a ridiculous amount of physique guys) that pre judging went about 4 hours late and the night show ended around midnight.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Yeah they pay a **** load of money to not even place. But then they get on social media saying how blessed and how far they have come. **** if I wasted months on end being strictly dedicated and spending a **** ton of money on gear and food + show fees, possible hotel/travel fair. I'd be pissed.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they pay a **** load of money to not even place. But then they get on social media saying how blessed and how far they have come. **** if I wasted months on end being strictly dedicated and spending a **** ton of money on gear and food + show fees, possible hotel/travel fair. I'd be pissed.
You'd be pissed if you did all that ? Or just pissed if you didn't place?

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I'm one of those guys who will tell a guy he shouldn't be on stage. I did my last show. Some physique guy (with a trash physique) came back after finals bitching how unfair, biased the judges are and they played favorites. I called his ass out infront of 60 or so competitors and told him he looked like **** lol. I told him having abs doesn't mean he is stage ready. It's a competition that is judged on multiple levels and judges look for a lot of things not how much lettuce you can eat and get abs. He got super pissed at me and started talking back. My comeback was "can you honestly say to yourself and know deep down that you gave your absolute 100%? If you have to think about it then you didn't and the only person you can be pissed at is yourself" that shut him the fuk up and a bunch of the guys laughed at him while this grown man literally cried and threw a temper tantrum haha. Fuk him and any a$$ clown that climbs on stage then complains the judges were biased or played favorites. I have yet to see a completely diced, ripped physique that is symmetrical, proportioned and conditioned lose to someone because of favoritism... Just saying

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
I'm one of those guys who will tell a guy he shouldn't be on stage. I did my last show. Some physique guy (with a trash physique) came back after finals bitching how unfair, biased the judges are and they played favorites. I called his ass out infront of 60 or so competitors and told him he looked like **** lol. I told him having abs doesn't mean he is stage ready. It's a competition that is judged on multiple levels and judges look for a lot of things not how much lettuce you can eat and get abs. He got super pissed at me and started talking back. My comeback was "can you honestly say to yourself and know deep down that you gave your absolute 100%? If you have to think about it then you didn't and the only person you can be pissed at is yourself" that shut him the fuk up and a bunch of the guys laughed at him while this grown man literally cried and threw a temper tantrum haha. Fuk him and any a$$ clown that climbs on stage then complains the judges were biased or played favorites. I have yet to see a completely diced, ripped physique that is symmetrical, proportioned and conditioned lose to someone because of favoritism... Just saying
I am letting you know that for this post you are receiving rep points from me DangerDave . That was as real as can be, hell yeah!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There will always be cry babies in every competition with any kind of standards. You inevitably have entitled idiots that think they're owed something. I hear people b*tch at meets about getting called on depth for squats, called for butt coming off bench. I only ever miss a pull because I get called for ramping at the top when I struggle. You know what? Tough sh*t. If I had just been stronger I wouldn't have struggled to lock out that weight, and if they were stronger they could have squat the weight from deeper. People should be glad there's standards. That's what makes it a COMPETITION and not an expo.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What would really annoy me is the fact that they knew the rules and guidelines before and still continued to do the competition. It's not like anyone forced them to, so if you don't like the rules, don't do it. Lol

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
There will always be cry babies in every competition with any kind of standards. You inevitably have entitled idiots that think they're owed something. I hear people b*tch at meets about getting called on depth for squats, called for butt coming off bench. I only ever miss a pull because I get called for ramping at the top when I struggle. You know what? Tough sh*t. If I had just been stronger I wouldn't have struggled to lock out that weight, and if they were stronger they could have squat the weight from deeper. People should be glad there's standards. That's what makes it a COMPETITION and not an expo.
It goes for every sport bro. There is always the weak minded people who complain or make an excuse. Excuses are a weak mans way of finding an out, not excepting responsibility or a way to not face the truth sometimes it's all three. After I hear a man make an excuse I instantly know he has the intestinal fortitude of a b*tch and will amount to jack squat in life. A REAL man or a REAL competitor will take a step back, look at the big picture, analyze WHY he didn't come out as number 1 then readjust his course and do whatever the fuk it takes to ensure he is number 1 the next time.

I blame society and this give everyone a trophy mentality. Let's face it you are either good at sh*t or not. A winner or a loser. Good looking or ugly. A leader or a follower. A alpha or a beta. You can improve your chances but when it comes down to it if you aren't that then get the fuk over it and find your calling. I am 5'8" and white as fuk and I will NEVER be a good basketball player. No matter if my mommy and daddy tell me I can do whatever I want and give me all the praise in the world and I train my ass off.. I'm screwed. I gotta fuk with the dik I got. Great example.. I'm a military recruiter. Have this kid come in the office.. For the 3rd time. He's on ADD and ADHD meds, failed 12th grade, special Ed classes has asthma and has the muscle build of a 10yo pre puberty girl. We disqualified him AGAIN and he wouldn't get it. So we broke it to him hard "You will never be a Marine. There is too much wrong with you and you are not what we want. That doesn't mean you can't be a success and do great things but you will not do it as a Marine". He got mad and then cried and stormed out the office. He went home and tried to kill himself (like we would say oh yeah now we will take you lol). His mom comes in pissed the fuk off and starts yelling at us. We tell her to shut up and listen to us. "Your son is disqualified, he will never enlist with us" she gets mad and tells us we were mean and abusive. We told her maybe she should teach her son his limits and not let him walk around chasing false dreams, be a mom and look out for him. We were not mean but we merely told him what you could have and avoided. She got mad and told us he can be whatever he wants!!! "Except be a United States Marine" was my reply Hahahaha she cussed us out and left.

That is the kinda crap I hate. People need to Face the truth. You will not be whatever you want. Learn your strengths, limits and capabilities then play your cards in your favor. Not that you should roll over and give up at stuff but TRULY access your capabilities and set your sights at attainable goals in life. I tell my girls kid (he's like my son and 10yo) the cold hard truth about stuff. He might not want to hear it but at the end of the day he knows his skinny little ass ain't gunna be no damn sumo wrestler or a pro wrestler.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some people are just completely clueless and it blows my mind.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
That ****s been on my mind lately. /end rant

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Man, I had a meet awhile back that I called bull****.
On bench she was calling anywhere between 2-5 seconds pause. She was all over the place.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Man, I had a meet awhile back that I called bull****.
On bench she was calling anywhere between 2-5 seconds pause. She was all over the place.
It's not to say judges, refs, umpire etc can't be wrong. Having played sports my whole life I can positively say I have had poor officiating. It's the nature of the beast, they are human and make mistakes.

But back to bodybuilding. If someone gets onstage and is clearly more symmetrical, striated, conditioned, holding no water, proportioned properly compared to the guys standing next to him he WILL win. If you come off stage and complain on judge biased decisions, favoritism etc then in my opinion it's your fault for not blowing the competition out of the water and leaving the judges no choice but to give you first. You should enter EVERY competition (hell even things in life) with the intention of blowing your competition out of the water and making them look like amateur children. That's how I see it wether bodybuilding, work, relationships, even playing a game of football with the bros.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's not to say judges, refs, umpire etc can't be wrong. Having played sports my whole life I can positively say I have had poor officiating. It's the nature of the beast, they are human and make mistakes.

But back to bodybuilding. If someone gets onstage and is clearly more symmetrical, striated, conditioned, holding no water, proportioned properly compared to the guys standing next to him he WILL win. If you come off stage and complain on judge biased decisions, favoritism etc then in my opinion it's your fault for not blowing the competition out of the water and leaving the judges no choice but to give you first. You should enter EVERY competition (hell even things in life) with the intention of blowing your competition out of the water and making them look like amateur children. That's how I see it wether bodybuilding, work, relationships, even playing a game of football with the bros.
Exactly. No wonder the kid wouldn't take no for an answer; his mom has clearly never told him 'no'. Society is screwed.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
It goes for every sport bro. There is always the weak minded people who complain or make an excuse. Excuses are a weak mans way of finding an out, not excepting responsibility or a way to not face the truth sometimes it's all three. After I hear a man make an excuse I instantly know he has the intestinal fortitude of a b*tch and will amount to jack squat in life. A REAL man or a REAL competitor will take a step back, look at the big picture, analyze WHY he didn't come out as number 1 then readjust his course and do whatever the fuk it takes to ensure he is number 1 the next time.

I blame society and this give everyone a trophy mentality. Let's face it you are either good at sh*t or not. A winner or a loser. Good looking or ugly. A leader or a follower. A alpha or a beta. You can improve your chances but when it comes down to it if you aren't that then get the fuk over it and find your calling. I am 5'8" and white as fuk and I will NEVER be a good basketball player. No matter if my mommy and daddy tell me I can do whatever I want and give me all the praise in the world and I train my ass off.. I'm screwed. I gotta fuk with the dik I got. Great example.. I'm a military recruiter. Have this kid come in the office.. For the 3rd time. He's on ADD and ADHD meds, failed 12th grade, special Ed classes has asthma and has the muscle build of a 10yo pre puberty girl. We disqualified him AGAIN and he wouldn't get it. So we broke it to him hard "You will never be a Marine. There is too much wrong with you and you are not what we want. That doesn't mean you can't be a success and do great things but you will not do it as a Marine". He got mad and then cried and stormed out the office. He went home and tried to kill himself (like we would say oh yeah now we will take you lol). His mom comes in pissed the fuk off and starts yelling at us. We tell her to shut up and listen to us. "Your son is disqualified, he will never enlist with us" she gets mad and tells us we were mean and abusive. We told her maybe she should teach her son his limits and not let him walk around chasing false dreams, be a mom and look out for him. We were not mean but we merely told him what you could have and avoided. She got mad and told us he can be whatever he wants!!! "Except be a United States Marine" was my reply Hahahaha she cussed us out and left.

That is the kinda crap I hate. People need to Face the truth. You will not be whatever you want. Learn your strengths, limits and capabilities then play your cards in your favor. Not that you should roll over and give up at stuff but TRULY access your capabilities and set your sights at attainable goals in life. I tell my girls kid (he's like my son and 10yo) the cold hard truth about stuff. He might not want to hear it but at the end of the day he knows his skinny little ass ain't gunna be no damn sumo wrestler or a pro wrestler.

It's a good thing I'm tall, good looking, smart, sophisticated, yoked, swole, shredded, intelligent, awesome at everything, I win at everything, THE alpha, with leadership qualities of General Eisenhower, and a big ol' cawk that I call Cocoa jones!

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
It's a good thing I'm tall, good looking, smart, sophisticated, yoked, swole, shredded, intelligent, awesome at everything, I win at everything, THE alpha, with leadership qualities of General Eisenhower, and a big ol' cawk that I call Cocoa jones!
You and me both bro. Except I call mine Lil Dave

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
The girl I'm seeing now named it that. I have no idea why she named it that. we were high on edibles and as I was eating an entire box of honeycomb it came to her. No fuking clue why but we went with it. She actually made it a thing in urban dictionary. Lol

High five to her for being creative.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Also high five to her for having a nice rack.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've referred to it as Biggie Smalls (see what I did there?) but my gf has only ever jokingly called it Stormcrow. Like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. I think she was just trying to come up with something stupid, but you can't undo a nickname.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I've referred to it as Biggie Smalls (see what I did there?) but my gf has only ever jokingly called it Stormcrow. Like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. I think she was just trying to come up with something stupid, but you can't undo a nickname.
You shall not pass!

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Holy **** its been a long time! I competed in my first show this weekend guys. I competed in classic physique at the axis labs northern. There were some 350 competitors there and 13 in my mens classic physique open class. I took home some hardware baby! Took 5th and that includes a guy that was 250 and stacked. They pushed him into my class. I def wasn't the biggest but I was the most conditioned by far! I'll attach a few pics.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Dude life has been so out of control man with preparing for this show, and starting my own business and kids, and **** everything else. I'm happy though bro

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How many kids do you have? Don't think I knew you were a dad - or did you get serious with a women w youngins?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid bro! How in the world was someone 250lb.. I thought there is weight limits. I'm 5'1.. I think I'd have to be like 160lb or something.. I'd never make that!! I barely make it to 165 and that is with muscle loss in a prep :(

Solid work tho bro!!

SonnyAz

SonnyAz

Awards
hardwork25 congrats man you look solid I need to push myself harder and you truly are a motivation for me!

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
How many kids do you have? Don't think I knew you were a dad - or did you get serious with a women w youngins?

Man I need to get back on here a lot more often. I have a 11 and 7 year old man. I was once married and now divorced even. Lol

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Solid bro! How in the world was someone 250lb.. I thought there is weight limits. I'm 5'1.. I think I'd have to be like 160lb or something.. I'd never make that!! I barely make it to 165 and that is with muscle loss in a prep :(

Solid work tho bro!!

There was weight limits but he was the only one in his class so they pushed him into mine and he took 2nd. All good he was a nice guy.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You look great buddy! Good stuff and congrats on the hardware! What were your comp stats?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Solid work tho bro!!
Sup CB. You must be a monster bro. At 5'1 150+ is THICK!!