Hair Loss Prevention

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yep - Ive had that happen with an anti-e before. At least I think that was the cause...who knows with all these new molecules floating around. If you think about it most of these 'natural test boost stacks' are blocking both aromatase and SHBG - 2 of the main systems your body uses to scavenge and abundance of free test. So where's it going to turn? Good ol' 5AR.

I believe most people run finesteride at ~5mg/day when on a test cycle - thats 5x the regular dose. If you've got MPB and are using an AI to boost test, you'll probably want to up your finesteride dose.

BV
what more than 5mg a day...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
anyone have advice on how to apply topical spironolactone? i have full head of hair with no balding spots..also, how long should it be left in? should my hair be wet or dry? i'd prefer to leave it in for the recommended time prior to a shower and then wash it out...
I wouldnt apply Spiro right out of the shower - when your scalp is wet and pores are open from the hot water, its more likely that the Spiro will be absorbed systemically, and you dont want that. Wait ~15-30 minutes or so until your head is completely dry.

Just part your hair in 5-6 places and use the eye dropper or dabber bottle to apply the 2% solution, then spread it around with your fingertips, and wash your hands.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Using the Crinagen for a couple weeks now. I'm dosing it up pretty good, 7-10 sprays before bed at night. So far still losing hair, and i need a haircut, so it's hard to see if there's new growth.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt apply Spiro right out of the shower - when your scalp is wet and pores are open from the hot water, its more likely that the Spiro will be absorbed systemically, and you dont want that. Wait ~15-30 minutes or so until your head is completely dry.

Just part your hair in 5-6 places and use the eye dropper or dabber bottle to apply the 2% solution, then spread it around with your fingertips, and wash your hands.
i meant before a shower, not right after. how long does it need to be left in before washing it out?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Shampoo I use now, it has the keto 2% that is the active ingredient in Nizoral.
Plus about 10-15 other goodies that bring hair to life.. smells good too

Revita

with test, hgh, laser comb, minox and this... I'm needing a haircut every 10 days

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Using the Crinagen for a couple weeks now. I'm dosing it up pretty good, 7-10 sprays before bed at night. So far still losing hair, and i need a haircut, so it's hard to see if there's new growth.
Are you using anything else in addition to the Crinagen poison?

i meant before a shower, not right after. how long does it need to be left in before washing it out?
I'd estimate at least an hour or 2...

Shampoo I use now, it has the keto 2% that is the active ingredient in Nizoral.
Plus about 10-15 other goodies that bring hair to life.. smells good too
That looks like a great product, CED! Isnt DS the same company that makes Spectral DNC? Are you still using Dutasteride?

BV

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yep I sure am -- graphs indicate that 1mg of Dustasteride is equivalent to 5mg of Finasteride in terms of DHT suppression. Methinks that person might have to use 2-4mg of Duta ED unfortunately.

more on Revita:
Primary Revita Shampoo ingredients:

* Apple Polyphenol (procyanidin B2 and C1)
* Copper Peptides
* Spin Traps
* Ketoconazole
* Rooibus
* Caffeine
* MSM
* Biotin
* Emu Oil
* Carnitine Tartrate
* Amino Acids: Ornitine, Taurine, Cysteine

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
yep I sure am -- graphs indicate that 1mg of Dustasteride is equivalent to 5mg of Finasteride in terms of DHT suppression. Methinks that person might have to use 2-4mg of Duta ED unfortunately.
That's solid advice, CED...you definitely have more experience blocking DHT on cycle than I do. What's your daily dose of Dutasteride while on test?

bv

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established

more on Revita:
Primary Revita Shampoo ingredients:

* Apple Polyphenol (procyanidin B2 and C1)
* Copper Peptides
* Spin Traps
* Ketoconazole
* Rooibus
* Caffeine
* MSM
* Biotin
* Emu Oil
* Carnitine Tartrate
* Amino Acids: Ornitine, Taurine, Cysteine
sounds like an interesting product. just dont get it on any other body part whatsoever. the emu oil goes systemic and is has estrogenic properties. anybody else seen the "young boys grow tits using emu oil shampoo" study? yikes.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
That's solid advice, CED...you definitely have more experience blocking DHT on cycle than I do. What's your daily dose of Dutasteride while on test?

bv

it depends on how much test of course, umm...
just 1mg per 250mg. But i've been going 1mg per 500mg lately, i need to order some more.
I also throw about 10-15dutas in a minoxidil bottle and apply it topically.

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
What wold the dosage be for topical finasteride 2% 30ml and Nizoral 2%? thanks

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
BigV can the finasteride from WSHP be use topiclly, or is it only effective orally?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BigV can the finasteride from WSHP be use topiclly, or is it only effective orally?
It's in an ethanol/propylene glycol solution, should be fine to use topically.

BV

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
It's in an ethanol/propylene glycol solution, should be fine to use topically.

BV
Thanks for the reply, I not sure what the dosage should be and would I just massage it into the whole scalp or just the front, which is receding. ??

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Found an interesting site fellas - some treatment ideas I havent heard about yet:

Protocol for Men

Specifically a compound called pyridine N-oxides, which from some quick research seems to act similarly to minoxidil:

Topical pyridine N-oxides - US Patent 5472687

Worth a read, IMO.

Bv
Just crazy enough to work, if it doesn't cause the shedding after stopping its use. I'll research this product a little more thoroughly. If it seems good, then I'll get some. I'll play guinea pig.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Nice:) If you end up getting some, please give us an update!

Actually after reading through that site and a few others Ive decided to start using Emu oil again, only this time at night.

I didnt take into consideration all of the other benefits other than its antiinflammatory effects. It's a potent anti-oxidant, and also contains oleaic acid, which can help increase absorption of the other compounds you're using. (although you dont want systemic absorption).

You might want to look into this Experiment:

http://www.healthyhairplus.com/scalp_psoriasis.htm

A lot of articles Ive been reading are pointing to Emu oil as one of the best treatments for seborrheic dermatitis.

BV

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The emu oil sounds like a good idea but then I got a scare from this:

sounds like an interesting product. just dont get it on any other body part whatsoever. the emu oil goes systemic and is has estrogenic properties. anybody else seen the "young boys grow tits using emu oil shampoo" study? yikes.
Having a gyno scare for about 6-9 months, I'm not interested in dealing with it again. Your thoughts, BV?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I couldnt find any references to emu oil causing that problem bro - same old are you sure it wasnt lavender and tea tree oil?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11075-natural-oils-gave-young-boys-breasts.html

My brother is a powerlifter, and has gone through bottles of emu oil on his joints to help alleviate inflammation - never any issues.

BV
Ok, that is good. I didn't think there was and was kind of surprised at same_old's post.

So here is a preliminary plan for my next phase:

Nizoral 2%
Laser Comb
NANO
Emu Oil
Spiro 2%

I'll probably order the NANO shampoo and the Emu Oil shampoo here when I get paid this Friday. Supposedly I won't see results with 3-carboxylic acid pyridine-N-oxide for 3-6 months. Which is ok, considering how at this time, the effects from the laser comb and Nizoral 2% should be in full swing.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget that spiro's half life is pretty short: 3-4hrs I think.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
bump for my question, thanks
Just start with .5-1mL (1-2mg finesteride in the WWHP solution) applied to affected areas of the scalp only.

Although there's not too much official research on topical finesteride/dutasteride, many users report positive results.

BV

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Just start with .5-1mL (1-2mg finesteride in the WWHP solution) applied to affected areas of the scalp only.

Although there's not too much official research on topical finesteride/dutasteride, many users report positive results.

BV
thanks BV, so 1 drop = .05ml ?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure a full squeeze on the bulb of the dropper will get you 1mL of solution with the WWHP bottle. Not sure about 1 drop - you could count them out and do the math if you wanted to...

bv

overandout

Awards
I just ordered some stuff from whole sale hair products.
1 oz 2% finasteride
60ml of Azelaic Acid 5% & Minoxidil 5%

If I take 1mg of finasteride a day, I was wondering how long this stuff should last?

I don't think I'm thinning that quickly and have caught it early, and hopefully thanks to this thread I'll keep it all..
Thanks for the great info.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some stuff from whole sale hair products.
1 oz 2% finasteride
60ml of Azelaic Acid 5% & Minoxidil 5%

If I take 1mg of finasteride a day, I was wondering how long this stuff should last?

I don't think I'm thinning that quickly and have caught it early, and hopefully thanks to this thread I'll keep it all..
Thanks for the great info.
The 2% solution means 2mg/100mL, so the 30mL of Finesteride contains 60mg. That would be enough for 60days, assuming 1mg per day at .5 mL.

Some studies have shown that .5mg of finesteride is just as effective in terms of hair retnetion as 1mg - you may want to start with .25mL and gauge your progress after a few months before you up the dose.

BV

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just got in the Emu Oil shampoo. NANO shampoo is on its way.

My plan is to do something like this:

Emu Oil
NANO
Nizoral 2%
Emu
NANO
Coal Tar
Emu
NANO
Nizoral 1%

...then it repeats. I am not getting any more Coal Tar and Nizoral 1% once they run out.

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
I just got in the Emu Oil shampoo. NANO shampoo is on its way.

My plan is to do something like this:

Emu Oil
NANO
Nizoral 2%
Emu
NANO
Coal Tar
Emu
NANO
Nizoral 1%

...then it repeats. I am not getting any more Coal Tar and Nizoral 1% once they run out.
These things will do nothing for hair loss, Nizoral might if you have infections in your hair or bad scalp health but won't stop your hair from falling out. don't waste your money stick to nizoral if you chose one.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
These things will do nothing for hair loss, Nizoral might if you have infections in your hair or bad scalp health but won't stop your hair from falling out. don't waste your money stick to nizoral if you chose one.
TheExperiment is having hair loss issues due to seborrheic dermatitis. Coal Tar and Emu Oil have been proven to help with that condition.

Nizoral also contains a compound called Ketoconozole, which has been shown in various studies to inhibit androgenic hormones in the skin where it is applied.

Nizoral ketoconazole anti fungal shampoo, anti-androgen properties for hair loss in men and women

Ketocazole as an adjunct to finasteride in the tre...[Med Hypotheses. 2004] - PubMed Result

Ketoconazole therapy for women with acne and/or hi...[J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1990] - PubMed Result

Emu Oil is a very effective natural anti inflammatory:

[Anti-inflammatory activity and healing-promoting ...[Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao. 2005] - PubMed Result

It is theorized that the activity of DHT in the scalp causes a type of auto immune response, resulting inflammation of the skin tissue and effecting circulation and duration of the anagen (growth) phase of the hair follicle. If you'll notice, many guys with MPB complain of a periodic itching on the scalp...Emu Oil can help alleviate this symptom and thus does help provide a more ideal environment for hair growth.

BV

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1) I agree with the Coal Tar and Nizoral 1%. They aren't very effective at all but I already purchased them and at least 3/4s of it are left. Instead of throwing it away, I just add some Polysorbate 80 (a very small amount, a few drops) to it.

Will I get it again? Probably not. I have 3 bottles of Emu Oil shampoo that, from what I've read on BV's research and my own research, is probably more effective. So they stay in the rotation. I have Nizoral 2%, which I like and will continue to get.

2) The emu oil is crucial because of my scalp condition. Regulating the levels of sebum to normal levels to stimulate hair growth is crucial. Like I said before, my hair is very thin all over and has been that way for 10-12 years. If I can stop the sebum from choking off the folicles, then hair growth can resume.

============================

I got the NANO shampoo. I will begin application tomorrow.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Dr. Lee has improved his 5% spiro lotion. just got some

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dr. Lee has improved his 5% spiro lotion. just got some
how is the smell..i ordered 5% liquid from a diff site...it smelled like they grinded up a skunk and bottled it.....it's so bad i keep it outside...i cant even use the sh*t i get sick to my stomache

bodysculpt

Awards
I just got my Spiro/Crinagen a couple of weeks ago and they both smell bad enough to be noticed at work / in a confined environment (i use it anyway). Im sure people have noticed.

:bb2: Why are all the smileys bald..?

Actually, i reckon it smells like a Skunky bud..

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've applied the NANO and Emu Oil three times each.

The NANO shampoo is supposed to give a tingling feeling but it hasn't. Maybe I'm just not using enough so I keep using more and more of it.

The emu oil stuff works great so far. No complaints.

Still no results from the comb. Should I do it every day?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The emu oil stuff works great so far. No complaints.

Still no results from the comb. Should I do it every day?
Ive noticed great results from the Emu oil so far as well. I started using it a while back during the day, but discontinued because it made my hair too greasy. Applying it at night, right before Retin-A/Minoxidil application seems to do the trick.

There was another user in this thread that didnt see any results from LLLT until he went to 10min ED. I say go ahead and give it a try...

BV

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I didnt read every post on here (Dont have a lot of time since I am at work)
but what would be good to take that wont stop muscle building gains? I think I saw something about some of these hair loss preventions make it harder to put on weight?

Hows Revita High Performance Hair Growth Stimulation Shampoo? Would this stop/slow down muscle growth?

Thanks

bodysculpt

Awards
Hey Guys,

Im into my fourth week of my Test E 600mg Deca400mg, I also ran Test Prop 100mg EOD for the first three weeks. along side this Im using Niz EOD, Crinagen or Spiro or both sometimes initially 2 x day now 3xday.

Unfortunately Ive noticed shedding, and quite possibly thinning in the front.. :( I got the impression the anti DHT products did not cause shedding.. so i guess its the Test/Deca??

I have used Test Prop 2x before and didnt really notice shedding like this. Ive also used Var and one cycle of superdrol in the past.

any idea if this is temporary shedding or permanent shedding?

Im considering coming off and selling what i have left if this is the case.. use something like var or turinabol from now on.. :-s

I havent put on an ounce of weight either... im probably just on maintenance cals right now truth be know.. just hit the wall big time in the eating departement..

Thanks in advance guys :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately Ive noticed shedding, and quite possibly thinning in the front.. I got the impression the anti DHT products did not cause shedding.. so i guess its the Test/Deca??
Have you run Deca before? For most people, Deca is a very hair-friendly compound but everyone is different. The topicals you are using should help block DHT and other androgens in the scalp, and they may be doing so to a degree but just not enough to stop the effects of the anabolics.

Have you used Nizoral/Crinagen/Spiro before, to combat your MPB while off-cycle? If this is the first time you've used them, it could very well be the initial shedding that can happen in the first few weeks of starting any hair treatment - it's too hard to tell though with so many factors involved.

You could always drop either the test or the deca to see if the shedding stops.

BV

bodysculpt

Awards
Have you run Deca before? For most people, Deca is a very hair-friendly compound but everyone is different. The topicals you are using should help block DHT and other androgens in the scalp, and they may be doing so to a degree but just not enough to stop the effects of the anabolics.

Have you used Nizoral/Crinagen/Spiro before, to combat your MPB while off-cycle? If this is the first time you've used them, it could very well be the initial shedding that can happen in the first few weeks of starting any hair treatment - it's too hard to tell though with so many factors involved.

You could always drop either the test or the deca to see if the shedding stops.

BV

Thanks BV :)

no Ive never used Deca before or Test E so Im unable to conclude on which one but if you say Deca is hair friendly then that leaves the Test E or the hair products, Im not worried about slight shedding from the hair products as this is temporary..? I can only hope that this is the cause but dont have any way of finding out other than going off the the lot..

I havent used any anti DHT products before either.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Thanks BV :)

no Ive never used Deca before or Test E so Im unable to conclude on which one but if you say Deca is hair friendly then that leaves the Test E or the hair products, Im not worried about slight shedding from the hair products as this is temporary..? I can only hope that this is the cause but dont have any way of finding out other than going off the the lot..

I havent used any anti DHT products before either.
i would start on crinagen or finasteride..i'm sure its the test, or just that time in ur life

bodysculpt

Awards
i would start on crinagen or finasteride..i'm sure its the test, or just that time in ur life
Thanks Tom, Im already on the Crinagen, since day one (crinagen/Spiro/Niz) hoped that this combo would have kept DHT well down to normal levels when ON. anyway the jurys still out on this one.. hair products or Test.. who knows..

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It has been four months since using the LLLT brush and despite some promise with the temples, my scalp isn't doing anything.

It even bothered me more when I read the Laser Brush Testimonials:

http://www.amazinglasercomb.com/test1.htm

Kind of irritated how all these people are seeing results in weeks where it has been well over four months now with no actual results.

Do you know of anyone who didn't experience any results with this treatment?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
i currently take finasteride but i want to run a cycle of deca....

anyone know how long i should wait after discontinuing the finasteride before i start using the deca? also, when should i restart the finasteride once i'm done using the deca...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i currently take finasteride but i want to run a cycle of deca....

anyone know how long i should wait after discontinuing the finasteride before i start using the deca? also, when should i restart the finasteride once i'm done using the deca...
from what i know...finasteride has a half life of 3 days