Hair Loss Prevention

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Update

Hair sheds at a variable rate in the shower. Some days, there's like 10 hairs and the next day, there's none.

Still no results from the laser comb on the scalp but my temples have improved very nicely.

I also had a new roommate and I borrowed her mirror. My hair is pretty thin all over and you can tell by using a mirror. The scalp is visible everywhere.

I then did some more research and I wonder if a lot of it is stress related. I am a very Type A guy and the stress levels can get so high that my a few teeth are chipped from jaw clenching overnight.

Maybe if I relax sometime, my hair might grow back.

Also, BV, what is the name of the hair thickening shampoo? I might pick some up. Thanks.

Take care, everyone

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
[/QUOTE]
Also, BV, what is the name of the hair thickening shampoo? I might pick some up. Thanks.
Redken 'Density', it works really well:

http://www.cosmeticmagic.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=827

Follow it up with Redken's conditioner, or lately Ive been using Herbal Essences 'Citrus Lift' and it seems to work well.

I then did some more research and I wonder if a lot of it is stress related. I am a very Type A guy and the stress levels can get so high that my a few teeth are chipped from jaw clenching overnight.
Stress can definitely be a factor, IMO. I dont know how to describe the mechanism behind it, but whenever Ive been very stressed out my hair has been at its thinnest.

On the previous pages, the 'before' pics where my hair looks pretty thin - they were taken when I was a restaurant manager for a place where I *hated* working.

Are you using minoxidil or just the Laser Brush to promote hair growth TheExperiment?

does this crinagen product have an anti-androgen effect along with the dht blocking?
Looking at the ingredient list bro, looks like Crinagen is targeted toward DHT. General androgen blockers would include Ketoconozole (Nizoral), Spiro, and Fluridil that I know of.

BV

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Looking at the ingredient list bro, looks like Crinagen is targeted toward DHT. General androgen blockers would include Ketoconozole (Nizoral), Spiro, and Fluridil that I know of.BV[/QUOTE]

thanks. you are really on top of this thread..

i'll continue to use nizoral 2%...dont know much about fluridil, so ill do some research...and didnt really like what i've read about spironolactone...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want me some fluridil, but damn those euros! Pricey, for sure.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Redken Density, thanks.

I can't say for sure if my hairloss is due to stress but I know for days where there is a lot of stress (like finals week for the university), a lot of hair comes out. Plus, after looking at my hair through a mirror after showering, my hair is very thin all over. The only reason why my scalp seems more noticeable on top is because its sticking up instead of to the sides.

So I'm trying to see if perhaps stress and anxiety is related to the very thin hair on my head. We'll see.

I'm just using the laser brush right now. I will get some Minoxidil in a couple of years when I get hired at a job. I don't want to get some Minoxidil now and can't afford any in a year or two.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if Minoxidil is available to purchase at Walmart Canada or some other regular discount storefront?

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
You know stepping back from all this (i just read most of this entire post). How cruel is it that while we are all losing hair on our heads, we are starting to grow it in our ears, etc???

That **** is just wrong.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You know stepping back from all this (i just read most of this entire post). How cruel is it that while we are all losing hair on our heads, we are starting to grow it in our ears, etc???

That **** is just wrong.
LOL I know - just another one of life's sick little jokes. :) Even funnier is that androgens seem to be primarily responsible for each - they stimulate hair growth where you dont' want it, and make you lose it the only place you want to keep it:)

BV

second2none

Awards
not really much to say about crinagen. it has a bitter smell, but it doesn't overshadow the smell of the rogaine foam. i haven't had any scalp irritations from it. it's pretty easy to apply with the spray, directions say 5-10 sprays.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established

That **** is just wrong.
fortunately, women mature too. some really like bald guys, and alot dont even care. it's all in the presentation :)

my crazy mother has preferred bald men for years. she says they're more virile. probably something to that theory, too....

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
fortunately, women mature too. some really like bald guys, and alot dont even care. it's all in the presentation
That's the truth right there - if being bald effects your confidence, that's what ruins it with the ladies. Not the hairloss itself.

I also think that when you reach a point with MPB where it can honestly be declared a losing battle, you're better off shaving your head rather than going with a combover or something like that...embrace the new you.:)

Ill probably have to eventually...

my crazy mother has preferred bald men for years. she says they're more virile. probably something to that theory, too....
Probably - Ive read studies that say that men with MPB actually have lower circulating levels of testosterone, but I dont think that's true in many cases. An excess of test obviously can cause an excess of DHT...

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Probably - Ive read studies that say that men with MPB actually have lower circulating levels of testosterone, but I dont think that's true in many cases. An excess of test obviously can cause an excess of DHT...
i've read that too...but it seems to be the sensitivity of the ARs in those key places (scalp, skin, prostate) that sets the MPB-prone apart....that same sensitivity might be the root...or even a surplus of 5AR would account for it. total T is not the main thing, at all

anywho - my natty T level is not high and i dont have an insane sex drive off-cycle, but i still have the MPB gene, lucky me...but i remedy the former with abundant steroid usage and the acknowledgement that i'll be running HRT forever after about 35-40 y/o, whether my natty T is low on the scale or not...and i remedy the latter with topicals.

thank god i'm smart, rich and handsome. other than those lucky cards, i didnt draw all that well :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
thank god i'm smart, rich and handsome. other than those lucky cards, i didnt draw all that well
LOL - Im sure a lot of folks would give up a good head of hair to be at least 2 out of those 3 bro;)

speedpastu

Awards
i am taking jungle warfare and bad ass mass now, i have loved the results except i am losing A LOT of hair... i am going to stop one and was wondering if you knew which one would more more than likely causing my hair loss? jungle warfare or bam? or maybe it would be better for me to run them seperately? i am on propecia as well and using nizoral.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i am taking jungle warfare and bad ass mass now, i have loved the results except i am losing A LOT of hair... i am going to stop one and was wondering if you knew which one would more more than likely causing my hair loss? jungle warfare or bam? or maybe it would be better for me to run them seperately? i am on propecia as well and using nizoral.
I just parused through the thread in supplements where Patrick Arnold is commenting on JW, and I believe he said it was a form of methylated ATD and is an actual steroid, not a natural test booster with an AI like everyone thought.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/68131-analysis-chemical-nomenclature-11.html

If that is indeed the case, Id bet the JW could be contributing to the hair loss, although I have no idea what's in BAM.

FWIW, Ive used Jungle Warfare and I didnt lose any hair - but I was also just finesteride/Spiro/AA/Nizoral.

BV

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
I just parused through the thread in supplements where Patrick Arnold is commenting on JW, and I believe he said it was a form of methylated ATD and is an actual steroid, not a natural test booster with an AI like everyone thought.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/68131-analysis-chemical-nomenclature-11.html

If that is indeed the case, Id bet the JW could be contributing to the hair loss, although I have no idea what's in BAM.

FWIW, Ive used Jungle Warfare and I didnt lose any hair - but I was also just finesteride/Spiro/AA/Nizoral.

BV
Big V which fina you using?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yikes - on propecia and still losing? sounds like one of those hormonal products (i dont know much about either of them)might bind to the AR, be androgenic and not be subject to 5AR. either that or the natty T surge is overpowering the finasteride, which has been known to happen (referring to the latter...i cant speak for a natty T bump from any of these)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
which has been known to happen (referring to the latter...
yep - Ive had that happen with an anti-e before. At least I think that was the cause...who knows with all these new molecules floating around. If you think about it most of these 'natural test boost stacks' are blocking both aromatase and SHBG - 2 of the main systems your body uses to scavenge and abundance of free test. So where's it going to turn? Good ol' 5AR.

I believe most people run finesteride at ~5mg/day when on a test cycle - thats 5x the regular dose. If you've got MPB and are using an AI to boost test, you'll probably want to up your finesteride dose.

BV

speedpastu

Awards
yep - Ive had that happen with an anti-e before. At least I think that was the cause...who knows with all these new molecules floating around. If you think about it most of these 'natural test boost stacks' are blocking both aromatase and SHBG - 2 of the main systems your body uses to scavenge and abundance of free test. So where's it going to turn? Good ol' 5AR.

I believe most people run finesteride at ~5mg/day when on a test cycle - thats 5x the regular dose. If you've got MPB and are using an AI to boost test, you'll probably want to up your finesteride dose.

BV

has anyone heard od propecia actually working the oppisite way while on a cycle and causing hairloss? it says on the bottle certain drugs may change the effects of this drug.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
has anyone heard od propecia actually working the oppisite way while on a cycle and causing hairloss? it says on the bottle certain drugs may change the effects of this drug.
Yes, finesteride will actually increase hairloss on any steroid that used 5AR to convert to something less androgenic. A classic example is Deca Durabolin. It uses 5-alpha-aromatase to convert into DHN, a less androgenic compound. If you block 5AR, Deca cant convert, and you'll be worse off in the hair department.

That's the general consensus, anyway.

BV

speedpastu

Awards
Yes, finesteride will actually increase hairloss on any steroid that used 5AR to convert to something less androgenic. A classic example is Deca Durabolin. It uses 5-alpha-aromatase to convert into DHN, a less androgenic compound. If you block 5AR, Deca cant convert, and you'll be worse off in the hair department.

BV
so would it do that while on jungle warfare/ bam?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
so would it do that while on jungle warfare/ bam?
no idea man - would JW use 5AR to convert to a less androgenic compound? No one really knows what's in it - so I couldnt say for sure.

BV

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established

BV
are there any other steroids besides deca that cause this?

LIFTER23

Awards
Wow long thread. Would Spiro and Nizoral combo be enough for prevention on a Test-E and Epi cycle? Ive done Epi before and didnt see any hair loss. Also done SD, M1T and Halo. Only one I think I might remember having some thinning would be SD. But overall I dont think Im prone to hairl loss.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Wow long thread. Would Spiro and Nizoral combo be enough for prevention on a Test-E and Epi cycle? Ive done Epi before and didnt see any hair loss. Also done superdrol, M1T and Halo. Only one I think I might remember having some thinning would be SD. But overall I dont think Im prone to hairl loss.
If you're not prone to hair loss, then you wont lose hair, regardless of what steroid you use. You may be less prone, or be a guy who might not see the effects of MPB until later in life, but if an anabolic hormone is causing you to lose hair, then chances are you are genetically prone to it in one way or another.

Im sure other factors could contribute to some mild shedding for those without MPB, but honestly I dont know what they could be. Maybe increased sebum levels or other adverse scalp conditions...

When running a compound that uses 5AR to convert to DHT,IMO its a good idea to use finesteride (or even dutasteride) as well as the topicals while on cycle. Better safe than sorry you know?

BV

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if Minoxidil is available to purchase at Walmart Canada or some other regular discount storefront?
Costco sells a hair regrowth product with minoxidil in it. I think walmart or safeway or any of the corner drug store might have it.

speedpastu

Awards
so if i want to reduce the hair loss on jungle warfare should i keep taking the propecia or stop the propecia? anyone have a good solid answer for this or is it all speculation. if so i will just stop the JW.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Updates for me:

- Drastic improvement along the temples. Lots of new hair growth there and its blending in quite nicely with the rest of my hair.

- Still not certain about the scalp. I'm assuming since there are strides being made with my temples, its going on in the scalp. I just can't see it yet.

- Current supplement usage:

Laser Comb EOD 15 minutes
Nizoral 2%
Nizoral 1%
Neutrogena Coal Tar
Polysorbate 80
Spiro 2% solution - One day, I apply at the temples. The other day, I apply along the rest of my hair line.

Once my bottle of Nizoral 1% is gone, I'll probably get the Redken Density. I shaved my head for the summer so the density shampoo can wait a while

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i got a new brand of spiro 5% yesterday.when it came in the mail i could smell this sh*t through the box...it smells like they ground up a skunk and bottled it...wtf,anyone have any recomendations as how to go about masking this prob,or best way to use it....i have to keep it outside even cause it stinks up my bathroom...:aargh:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i got a new brand of spiro 5% yesterday.when it came in the mail i could smell this sh*t through the box...it smells like they ground up a skunk and bottled it...wtf,anyone have any recomendations as how to go about masking this prob,or best way to use it....i have to keep it outside even cause it stinks up my bathroom...
What brand did you go with TripDog? Ive only purchased one bottle of 5% Spiro a LONG time ago - it stunk so bad I threw it out. The 2% Sprio from Minoxidil.com is nearly odorless. The 2% from WWHP isnt bad either.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Updates for me:

- Drastic improvement along the temples. Lots of new hair growth there and its blending in quite nicely with the rest of my hair.

- Still not certain about the scalp. I'm assuming since there are strides being made with my temples, its going on in the scalp. I just can't see it yet.

- Current supplement usage:

Laser Comb EOD 15 minutes
Nizoral 2%
Nizoral 1%
Neutrogena Coal Tar
Polysorbate 80
Spiro 2% solution - One day, I apply at the temples. The other day, I apply along the rest of my hair line.

Once my bottle of Nizoral 1% is gone, I'll probably get the Redken Density. I shaved my head for the summer so the density shampoo can wait a while
Congrats on the progress TheExperiment!! Do you have genetic MPB in addition to the sebhorric dermatitis? The scalp regrowth may follow suit - its been about 2 months since you've started your protocol...give it another month or two.

BV

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What brand did you go with TripDog? Ive only purchased one bottle of 5% Spiro a LONG time ago - it stunk so bad I threw it out. The 2% Sprio from Minoxidil.com is nearly odorless. The 2% from WWHP isnt bad either.

BV
gotz it from cem

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I'd say go iwth the 2% next time, unless you're going all out trying to prevent hairloss from a compound like Tren...

I believe Sprio is effective, but there are less abrasive compounds that can be used to inhibit DHT when training naturally or on a cycle of hormones that convert via 5AR.

BV

speedpastu

Awards
I'd say go iwth the 2% next time, unless you're going all out trying to prevent hairloss from a compound like Tren...

I believe Sprio is effective, but there are less abrasive compounds that can be used to inhibit DHT when training naturally or on a cycle of hormones that convert via 5AR.

BV
on the minoxodil website it says that spiro is a dht inhibitor and should be used in conjuction with rogaine... i am already on propecia a dht inhibitor so spiro as well as propecia will not regrow any hair right? i should just get rogaine since i am already on propecia? or spiro as well

Ikaika

Ikaika

Awards
So I was looking on the Wholesale Hair Products site and they have a 2% nizoral listed but the description says its a 1%...any of you guys buy from them?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The 2% listed is indeed 2%...the Nizoral A/D is OTC 1% Ketoconozole. WWHP has good, fast service and they carry good products.

BV

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
So I was looking on the Wholesale Hair Products site and they have a 2% nizoral listed but the description says its a 1%...any of you guys buy from them?
I buy my Spiro from them, but you can get Niz 2% online. Just google it. Very cost effective that way. I just bought ten bottles.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Big V, what type of Fina are you using? Where did you get?

Ikaika

Ikaika

Awards
BV and kraft, thanks for the quick responses. I'll be ordering some today. :D

By the way, this thread is the shizzle...mad props to BV and the others who have provided info here.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I purchased the Nizoral 2% from Walmart in Canadia for $9.95 CAD and have been using it. I don't think the sebum thing is my issue. I really need to regrow the small hair / stimulate the follicles in this area, what do you recommend?

1. Minoxidil

2. Sprio

3. Laser Comb / Brush

Thanks Big V.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the progress TheExperiment!! Do you have genetic MPB in addition to the sebhorric dermatitis? The scalp regrowth may follow suit - its been about 2 months since you've started your protocol...give it another month or two.

BV
Thanks.

Maybe I have MPB but at this time, there wasn't much evidence. My hairline and my thin hair has been that way since I was 12 or so. Looking at all my old pics, my hairline has always remained the same.

I take the Spiro anyway just in case there is. Pre-emptive strike on my hairline. It would be nice if I had a thick, full head of hair until my mid 30s. Then I can decide if I want a high end cosmetic surgery or just let the DHT do its thing.

When shaving my head, I discovered there were several, red, oily patches on my head. Since shaving my head, they have disappeared completely. I find it to be pretty disgusting but well, its gone for now.

I figured that there would be some kind of progress with the scalp but since it will be a month or two for my hair to get long enough, maybe then that is when it will start working.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
1. Minoxidil

2. Sprio

3. Laser Comb / Brush

Thanks Big V.
The Laserbrush and 5%Minoxidil/Azelaic Acid. My hair really didnt start growing in well until I went to the 15% Xandrox, but its recommended that you start with the 5% for at least 6 months.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Just an update ->

Since I discontinued the 12.5% Xandrox 2 times a day, my hair stopped falling out. Ive since moved back to the 15% at night and 5% during the day...hopefully that shedding was due to a new regrowth phase from the increase in minoxidil. I guess Ill know in the next few months.

BV

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
anyone have advice on how to apply topical spironolactone? i have full head of hair with no balding spots..also, how long should it be left in? should my hair be wet or dry? i'd prefer to leave it in for the recommended time prior to a shower and then wash it out...