Greens Supplements?

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
are they worth it? any you guys would recommend?

ive been trying really hard to get real vegetables in my diet, but have been finding it so hard to do consistently, so i was wondering if a greens supplement would be good; just for overall health. as ive said in some of my other posts, i take a lot of natural things to help keep my blood pressure under control, and have found a lot of things in my research that are said to help lower blood pressure, many of which can be found in greens supplements (granted, probably not in very high doses), so i figured this could help kill 2 birds with 1 stone (help overall health/vegetable intake concerns, as well as BP support).

thanks guys

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
oh, by the way, a few i had in mind were controlled labs oximega greens, magnum nutraceuticals performance greens, and ultimate nutrition greens

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Controlled Labs Oximega Greens -- I love everything about it(including taste).

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Spearmint taste is...interesting...better than actually tasting the actual greens I suppose!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you've had experience with greens products you know most of them taste like lawn clippings. Usually I'm not a big taste guy in supplements, but that is definitely a selling point with Oximega Greens for this guy. Strong profile, but not feeling like I have to put a million things in it to mask the taste is a real winner. I think SAN has one that a lot of people say tastes good as well, may be worth looking into.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks! yeah, ive never cared about supplement taste, but i can see how it could be a problem in this type of situation. i really just want something that's got a good profile, and has the right things at the right doses.

D3Baseball

Awards
SAN's and CL's are the only palatable ones IMO, but we know fitness folks don't always care about taste.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
yeah, taste is important, but if there was one that tastes bad but blows the others out of the water with the ingredient profile, id go with that one haha.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Controlled Labs Oximega Greens -- I love everything about it(including taste).
Yup, the only one I've tried that I enjoy the taste, and it keeps me healthy and regular. Combined with Orange TRIad you can't get much more out of a health oriented stack

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Spearmint taste is...interesting...better than actually tasting the actual greens I suppose!
lol agreed. At first, even I was like ... um spearmint??? is it like drinking gum??? quite the opposite... its very refreshing, i enjoy it with meals as well as solo

EC99SS

Awards
Another vote for Oximega Greens. I love that stuff. The color looks nasty but seriously it tastes great (IMO). I actually look forward to drinking it.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I hit up the oximega pack when i got the CL OT when it was on sale. Very Interested in trying it since the profile is solid as hell, as well as the fish oil.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I've been using "Super Green Drink" from Trader Joes. Taste is great, profile is also good. I'll give the CL one a try next time. There is also another popular one called "VEGA ONE" it's more of a greens + Meal Replacement (I think). It's pretty over priced but looks like a legit product.

EC99SS

Awards
Yeah the CL stuff is great! I'm using OxiMega Fish and Greens. I will jump back on OT when I'm done with my current bottle of other multi-vits.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I've been using "Super Green Drink" from Trader Joes. Taste is great, profile is also good. I'll give the CL one a try next time. There is also another popular one called "VEGA ONE" it's more of a greens + Meal Replacement (I think). It's pretty over priced but looks like a legit product.
My father knows the person's daughter that is basically behind that vega one, damn she preaches that stuff like its the end of the world. Super over priced, and i believe its pea and various types of seed protein. I havent really looked into it since its basically a vegetarian protein/greens mix since they barely get enough nutrients since they "don't" like meat :D

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lol agreed. At first, even I was like ... um spearmint??? is it like drinking gum??? quite the opposite... its very refreshing, i enjoy it with meals as well as solo
Yes! I think the spearmint taste is awesome. CL did very well with it.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
how many 'servings' of greens would something like oximega contain (per scoop)?