GRAM for GRAM... The CREATINE KING! SALE + WIN STACKS!!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Trimethylglycine or TMG (informally, and somewhat incorrectly, known as betaine) is a molecule that mediates water balance of a cell due to it being an 'osmolyte', and is also able to support methyl donation in the body by directly methylating homocysteine (cardioprotective) or indirectly supporting folate and SAMe metabolism which also then support whole body methylation and what this relates to creatine is that it has more water to bind to and make more CP

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why combine creatine and betaine together? This sums it up nicely ;)

''The New Era of CreatinePowered by BioCRE(TM) - Instantized Creatine AnhydrousPlus 2.5g of Betaine Anhydrous per ServingMixes Great with Pre-Workouts, Intra-Workouts, or Protein Shakes

Creatine helps to support strength and muscle volume while Betaine Anhydrous promotes Nitric Oxide, making Modern Creatine a perfect complement to your workout.''

:D

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
esearchers had weight-trained males follow an undulating periodized weight-training program for six weeks.5 One group supplemented with 1.25 grams of betaine twice per day, and the other group supplemented with a placebo twice per day. They reported in a 2013 issue of "The Journal of The International Society of Sports Nutrition" that the subjects supplementing with betaine increased muscle mass by 4 pounds and arm size by 10 percen

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
while they decreased body fat by 7 percent. On the other side, the placebo group experienced no increase in muscle mass or arm size and no body fat loss.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
his likely happens through betaine's function in the body as a "methyl donor." When it transfers a methyl group to the amino acid homocysteine, the result is the methionine, which plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis. The existing research has consistently shown that betaine has the potential to boost muscle protein synthesis—and that means more growth, and more effective training.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Betaine hydrochloride (betaine HCl) increases the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the stomach relative to how much is taken before meals.
You dont want betaine HCL though. USPlabs product is anhydrous not HCL.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
You dont want betaine HCL though. USPlabs product is anhydrous not HCL.
i remember when betaine first started trending and a lot of people bought betaine hcl only to say they couldn't drink it or got sever stomach pains.

Betaine anhydrous is a chemical that occurs naturally in the body, and can also be found in foods such as beets, spinach, cereals, seafood, and wine. Creatine can be found in red meats mostly. Since a lot of people don't eat enough of these foods supplementation of betaine and creatine can help you to achieve saturation

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
High homocysteine levels are associated with heart disease, weak bones (osteoporosis), skeletal problems, and eye lens problems which supplementing with betaine helps reduce
Betaine anhydrous is also used for treating high blood homocysteine levels, liver disease, depression, osteoarthritis, congestive heart failure (CHF), and obesity; for boosting the immune system; and for improving athletic performance. It is also used for preventing noncancerous tumors in the colon (colorectal adenomas).

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Lastly just a fun fact; taking betaine can help relieve dry mouth / cotton mouth and mixing it with creatine can help increase overall hydration

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Why add it? Because that's what's giving me gainz!!! Simple as that!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Betaine Anhydrous
Supports:
Increase in LBM*
Increase in Strength*
Increase in IGF-1 and Cortisol Reduced

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Betaine Anhydrous has been suggested to be lipotropic—i.e. fat loss causing—by promoting the oxidization of lipids. It has also been noted to increase appetite, and in animals it has been suggested to promote lean mass.*

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A form of betaine called betaine anhydrous helps in the metabolism of homocysteine, a chemical involved in the normal function of many different parts of the body,

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Betaine Anhydrous has been suggested to be lipotropic—i.e. fat loss causing—by promoting the oxidization of lipids. It has also been noted to increase appetite, and in animals it has been suggested to promote lean mass.*
Bonus points for explaining the relationship between AMPk, malonyl-CoA, and acetyl-CoA in the beta-oxidation of fatty acids.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The decrease in StO2 during the bench press protocol was greater with betaine vs. placebo (p = 0.01), possibly suggesting enhanced muscle oxygen consumption. These findings indicate that betaine supplementation results in a moderate increase in total repetitions and volume load in the bench press exercise, without favorably impacting other performance measures.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In summary, the major findings of the present study are that 6 weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, muscle size, work capacity, attenuated a rise in HCTL, tended to improve power, but not strength in resistance trained men

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Further work is warranted to confirm any role of HCTL on body composition compared to other mechanisms like lipogenic enzymatic activity, growth hormones, cellular signaling, or gene expression. Betaine attenuated an increase in urinary HCTL; however, because strength trained men in this study had low baseline HCTL betaine likely affected body composition via another mechanism. HCTL has been implicated in vascular diseas

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Betaine and Creatine are both products that saturate the body and thus aren't required to be taken pre/post. Dosing both together like in modern creatine is a very convenient way to take your daily amounts without forgetting

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
this has been mentioned before but this has other elements in it that weren't mentioned: Betaine anhydrous is an organic osmolyte, acting as an important cofactor in methylation. This is important because methylation is a process that occurs in every cell of humans to synthesize and donate methyl groups for other processes in the body. Methylation allows the synthesis of important neurotransmitters (dopamine and serotonin) for example, and it is required for the biosynthesis of melatonin and CoQ10

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Another power booster is Creatine. It is composed of three important amino acids and helps in stretching and contracting the muscle during exercise. Creatine boosts strength, muscle size, endurance, and recovery. It’s an amazing addition.
Betaine has studies showing that it builds muscle, improves strength, and is also a powerful antioxidant
combining both gives you a greater increase in power vs not taking them

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Based on these collective data, it was concluded that even at these high doses, betaine is nontoxic. Differences observed between the BIBRA and Brandeis studies were attributed to differences in the dietary formulations. Significant betainexdietxgrowth interactions were thought to reflect primary disparities in protein and energy concentrations, more than the addition of betaine per se.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It counteracted the restraint stress-induced lipid peroxidation and maintained the antioxidant defense system in the lymphoid tissues at near normal. The findings suggest that betaine possesses significant anti-stress activity, which may be due to its antioxidant property.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In conclusion, the result of this study implies that lipid peroxidation and free radicals play an important role in restraint stress-induced oxidative damage. Moreover, elevated corticosterone levels were associated with a reduction in antioxidant status. Oral pretreatment with betaine significantly (P < 0.001) inhibits the level of lipid peroxidation, corticosterone and significantly protects the enzymatic antioxidant defense mechanisms in restraint stress-induced animals. The findings suggest that betaine ameliorates the tissue and cellular effect of stress. However, further studies have to be carried out for analyzing the thymus and the spleen versus other organs such as the liver, heart or brain to identify the precise mechanisms involved in the anti-stress effect of betaine.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
per usual, bob goes a little over the top with a promo

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The copy/paste is strong in this thread. :)

The three winners are of this fabulous prize (barbell club tee, 3-in-1 shaker, Modern Creatine, and Modern BCAA+) are...

Young Gotti
wilbel
Levyii

Congratulations winners! Please PM me with your name, U.S. shipping address, and email address!

I should add that the reason why winners were chosen a few days late is because Casey (borobulker) is very sick. Everyone please wish him a speedy recovery!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
congrats to the winners!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations To The Winners!!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Highly Concentrated Ultra Instantized CREATINE + BETAINE Anhydrous!

The New Era of Creatine

• Powered by BioCRE™ - Instantized Creatine Anhydrous
  • Plus 2.5g of Betaine Anhydrous per Serving
  • Mixes Great with Pre-Workouts, Intra-Workouts, or Protein Shakes

The DEAL of the YEAR! Grab it NOW for ONLY $14.97 at NutraPlanet.com!

View attachment 112437
Gram for Gram, THE Creatine King!

Not only are you getting the benefit of THE superior creatine + betaine, you're getting a kick-ass deal too! If you break it down, the cost is less than $.50 a day for a full serving. The bottle will last you the whole month, and at a cost that will make your muscles GRIN!

Gram for gram, the most concentrated creatine on the market ALONG with a FULL 30 day supply of Betaine Anyhrous.

As if THAT'S not enough... As always, we're hooking YOU UP! How to enter to win? EASY! Just answer this question to the best of your knowledge:

Why is it beneficial to add Betaine Anhydrous to your Creatine Anyhrous?

What do you win?>>>

ENTER NOW!

----------
You may enter as many times as you’d like; DAILY entries = MORE chances to win!

THREE (3) winners will be randomly selected on 1/13/15 (1 week from today). They will each receive a full USPlabs ModernEssentials Stack!

(Winners will be announced in this thread. Winners must submit information within 5 days of selection. 18+ ONLY please. US Shipping Address’ Only. We are not responsible for packages that do not make it to their final destination. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.)

REF#AM15-1
Ladies and Gentleman! Only a FEW more days to get in on these CRAZY deals!

2015-01-28 08_43_53-Modern-Essentials-Stack_large.jpg (290×290).png

RIDICULOUS blowout intro deal @ $24.97

We will be selecting 3 more winners on Friday (1/30/15) ---

Tell us your daily diet/training schedule and how you'd work these products into it! We will select 3 random entries and hook you up!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only two days before the deadline for ROUND TWO. Get 'em in people!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Only two days before the deadline for ROUND TWO. Get 'em in people!
Guess I'll start this off!!
Training
Monday: LEGS
Tuesday: Shoulders, Calfs, Abs
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: REST
Friday: Cardio Only
Saturday: Chest/Arms
Sunday: REST

All sets and weights vary depending on what machines are available and how I'm feeling that day.
Diet
TRAINING Day Diet:
Meal 1: 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup Oatmeal OR 2 peice Ezekiel Bread (FOUND IN FREEZER SECTION)
Meal 2: 5 egg whites OR 3oz chicken/turkey/white/fish, 2/3 cup rice OR 1/2 cup Oatmeal
Meal 3: 3oz chicken/turkey/white fish, 1/4 cup oatmeal OR 1/2 cup Rice, 3-4oz greens/veggies Meal 4: 3oz Salmon OR Lean Steak, 1/4 cup Almonds OR 2 TBSP Natural PB, 3oz greens (broccolli, green beans, cabbage, lettuce etc)
Meal 5: 1 scoop whey protein

I take Modern Creatine with my Jack3d before every workout. Before I head out the door I mix a scoop of amino lift into my water (always watermelon!) and sip on that throughout workout!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get up every morning (but Sunday) at 4am I take my PWO and I would add in a serving of AminoLift and Modern Creatine I usually than get on the Anabolic Minds Forum till 4:30am and than time to lift.. After my AM Lifting section I head upstairs (I lift at home) have my Breakfast and AM Supplements would Love to add some Modern Creatine to my morning Oatmeal. That is how I would add these USPlab products to my daily routine.

View attachment 113613

That looks so good. Now I'm off to make some food. haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get up every morning (but Sunday) at 4am I take my PWO and I would add in a serving of AminoLift and Modern Creatine I usually than get on the Anabolic Minds Forum till 4:30am and than time to lift.. After my AM Lifting section I head upstairs (I lift at home) have my Breakfast and AM Supplements would Love to add some Modern Creatine to my morning Oatmeal. That is how I would add these USPlab products to my daily routine.

oatmeal.jpg

Betaine = Strength, Endurance, & Muscle Gains, Everyone wants Gains !!

CaraMelVixon

CaraMelVixon

Awards
My afternoon workout would get a kick with this stack added in! Some time after my 3rd meal of the day I usually just down some coffee and i am training within 30 min. Instead I'd combine both AminoLift and ModernCreatine for a pre-workout blast... train like a crazy beast, and then add some more ModernCreatine to my post workout protein. After a few weeks of this, I'd most likely be bigger and stronger! And who doesn't want that?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Normally I wake up at 7:30 and mess around on forums until 8:30. At this time I make my breakfast (protein pancakes, eggs and bacon or anything that is 50g protein) and at 9 I head off to the gym. I walk or ride my bike to the gym so I get there around 9:30 most of the time. I spend the next 30mins stretching and then start my lifts.
In the AM I do olympic lifting focusing on one lift (snatch or clean+jerk) and do plenty o singles.

After lifting I typically drink amino's as I have class at 11am then another at 2pm and I find that going back to do auxillary exercises during this time works best.
So I would take a scoop of amino lift at 12:30(when my class is over) then hit show muscles (bi's, chest, tri's, etc)
Then a serving of modern bcaa++ along with modern creatine
Walk home
Eat
Study / Go to work
Sleep

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ModernEssentials stack, but it's sorely missing some of that banana ModernProtein, lol ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll take the Chinese please !!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This looks awesome as usual. About to be drinking down some Modern BCAA+ during work :)

My daily diet and training schedule has honestly been a bit lax as of late. I am down to two days of lifting per week, as I have a second job at UPS M-F that is pretty physically demanding. It has certainly kept the holiday weight gain away!

I'm about to go back to at least three days per week of training, so this stack would help me tremendously in recovery. My current split is:

Tuesday:

Deadlifts (5/3/1)
OHP (5/3/1)
Face Pulls

Friday:

Squats (5/3/1)
Bench (5/3/1)

When I switch to three days a week, I will just have one main lift per day, so every day will be different on a three day rotation. I will most likely go back to a MWF routine.

As far as diet goes, I tend to get my protein from whole foods. My main staples are: oats, veggies, rice, tuna, chicken, steak, nuts. I occasionally eat out if I need to eat a bit more, and I tend to have a high caloric maintenance right now. I maintain at around 3k a day with my current activity level. I'm actually recomping a bit right now :D

I would use Modern Creatine with my Modern BCAAs before my workout, as the Betaine and Creatine together can enhance strength and optimize recovery. Not only will this combo help to give me energy to power through my workout, the Betaine would also assist in creating a positive hormonal environment, helping to reduce cortisol.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tell us your daily diet/training schedule and how you'd work these products into it!

Diet is a carb cycle ATM while cutting down for the arnold classic
1x High day a week with carbs around 350g
3x Medium Days with carbs around 300g
2x Low Days with 200g of carbs
protein and fat are pretty consistent i also have 1 cheat meal a week. My diet is varied daily i never eat the same thing and strive for micronutrient dense food sources while still getting creative with protein recipes and baking.
I also have 1 cheat meal a week which i account for a high day as well due to the extra calories i intake.

My current mesocycle is more of a strength oriented mesocycle these next 4-6 weeks, when dieting strength has to be a prorioty to preserve muscle mass and not losing strength. My training changes every 4-6 weeks with various mesocycles done by Inov8eliteperformance. my training is usually done upon waking at 5 AM but will sometimes be in the afternoon based off work schedule. When working 60 hours a week i just make sure to get it in. Take AP with my carbs, and drink modern during my workouts and pre-workout before fasted training. Modern Creatine is taken pre-workout due to the effective amount of betaine in the product to aid with Strength, LBM, and Fatloss.When Betaine is added to creatine that will also aid performance, endurance, and strength as Creatine is the most researched product in those 3 categories for the price. I try to limit stim use as much as possible.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Edit: Never mind! :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys besides including your routines make sure you're answering the question: "Why is it beneficial to add Betaine Anhydrous to your Creatine Anyhrous?"
I believe this is what has everyone confused:

"We will be selecting 3 more winners on Friday (1/30/15) ---

Tell us your daily diet/training schedule and how you'd work these products into it! We will select 3 random entries and hook you up! "

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I believe this is what has everyone confused:

"We will be selecting 3 more winners on Friday (1/30/15) ---

Tell us your daily diet/training schedule and how you'd work these products into it! We will select 3 random entries and hook you up! "
I bet Classic wants you to add that additional information on top of your response, and why including modern creatine and the benefits it can provide. Just my assumption, but she will clear it up.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys... Doh! Sorry that was my mistake! You're doing it right. Carry on!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No Problem...Thank you for all You and USPlab do !!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey guys... Doh! Sorry that was my mistake! You're doing it right. Looks like the round one question just didn't get removed in the copy/paste. Carry on!
Thank you for your quick reply classic!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, surprised there weren't more entries.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The three round two WINNERS are...

CaraMelVixon
Quads_of_Stee
Misfit28

Congrats guys! To claim your prize, please PM me with the following information:

Full Name
U.S. Shipping Address
Email Address