GPLC at Nutraplanet

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Any cahnce of Nutra doing a PLCAR/LCLT powder? I love RPN's-but we wont be seeing those in again or atleast for a while I think

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
It's $20 for 67.5g at Primordial....
This is pretty much a rock bottom price for this product given the cost of the raw material. His markup on this is minimal, unless he's buying huge amounts. To be honest, we could beat the price, but doing so would not really be worth it as we'd have to sink a huge amount of $ into inventory.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
This is pretty much a rock bottom price for this product given the cost of the raw material. His markup on this is minimal, unless he's buying huge amounts. To be honest, we could beat the price, but doing so would not really be worth it as we'd have to sink a huge amount of $ into inventory.

So price match pp! I'm cool with that.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would buy a lot for sure, it costs for caps about $20 which gives me 10 workouts so thats 45 gms. I would buy a few huindred grams at the PP site price if NP carried it. Of course I would pay a little extra for capped or just use cap em quik I guess.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why not look into price matching and offering a larger quantity; your margin will be slightly larger at a higher quantity anyways. Plus, if people are willing to pay for caps, you can add a few more % there making it more viable.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
We're trying to see how we can do it the NP way. ;)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We're trying to see how we can do it the NP way. ;)
Great new Custom, thanks for listening to all of our nagging requests for this. Now, don't let us down!:006:

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
So relax meathead, it makes no sense for nutra to sell this stuff if they can't beat pp's price. Sounds pretty logical to me
To be honest, we could beat the price, but doing so would not really be worth it as we'd have to sink a huge amount of $ into inventory.
Many customers like a one-stop website. I know I do. I got online and headed over to Nutra to look for some GPLC after reading about it in a recent MD magazine and was disappointed that my one-stop web store did not carry it. I got on here and found this thread. Now I'm headed over to PP for some, and if they also carry the other supplements that I need to refill on, I will also be ordering from there. One stop, one cart to pay attention to, one single payment, one package to keep track of through the shipping process and one package to deal with at the door.

Nutra needs to understand that the big picture is not just about profit margins, but giving customers what they want. So what if Nutra only makes 10 cents profit per 50g? Nutra will make up for it with the other $400-$600 I typically drop per order. I know Nutra doesn't have the BEST price out there. Nutra just has good overall prices, and a large inventory. That's what attracted me to them after some bad customer service at BN years ago.

My vote is for you guys to carry it at competitive prices even if the profit margins aren't going to be large. Off to the other site I go...

-Paul

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutra needs to understand that the big picture is not just about profit margins, but giving customers what they want...
I have not doubt NutraPlanet understands the "big picture" as well as anyone else. The wide variety of sales they do is testimony to this. Yet, NutraPlanet must correctly scrutinize customer wishes to be able to assess their commercial viability, as well as not only the required initial investment, but also the inventory exposure. Standard investment analysis.
Overall, NutraPlanet is customer-focused, and will certainly reflect this in its decision here.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I have not doubt NutraPlanet understands the "big picture" as well as anyone else. The wide variety of sales they do is testimony to this. Yet, NutraPlanet must correctly scrutinize customer wishes to be able to assess their commercial viability, as well as not only the required initial investment, but also the inventory exposure. Standard investment analysis.
Overall, NutraPlanet is customer-focused, and will certainly reflect this in its decision here.
Exactly, the average customer fails to understand this. It's not their 50,000 they have to throw down on an item. 1 item.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Here it is...show us how bad you guys want us to stock GPLC (glycine propionyl l-carnitine). The demand has to beat the cost...which is pretty high.

If there is enough demand to meet the cost then the boss would be more inclined to stock it. Share your support by posting in here. Quantity you would order and dosing should be good info.

If there isn't enough demand we will not risk stocking such an expensive product
VERY VERY VERY BADLY!!!!!!!

Guys... THIS is truly it! Forget everything else based in theory, rat studies, and faulty logic - GPLC IS TRUE MUSCULAR FIREPOWER!

Pumps like CRAZY, endurance, and if you're lean enough you'll be a veiny mess! I have been using GPLC for just over two full months now, and it is simply amazing. I was going to re-up from Primordial, but the more e-commerce merchants to carry it the better for the consumer! STOCK IT UP ALONG WITH WHEY HYDRO AND RE-STOCK P-SLIN POWDER.

Imagine... GPLC + BCAA + Micronized Monohydrate + Karbo-Lyn + Beta Alanine + na-r-ALA + Corosolic Acid 20% + Glycerine! You'd be getting stitches across the top of your biceps! :)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It is kind of a niche product. I've tried GPLC and just PLCAR and couldn't tell a noticeable difference between those two. So no...I wouldn't pay the extra $$ for GPLC
It isn't a niche product, this should be used by anyone within a square mile of a dumbbell! It is on par quite easily with beta alanine and perhaps even the longstanding king of the otc hierarchy itself, creatine. You must not have been taking enough to impart the true dramatic physiological effects realized by 4.5+ grams, the clinical efficacious dosage.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Problem of gplc is suppliers...there are only a handful...literally and those aren't set up for BIG orders like the ones we deal with. When we stock something we want to have stick after stock as to not run into out of stock issues. Some supplements are different, different extraction processes which take more time and others where the raws are present in different countries. Add on tarifs, restrictions and it gets expensive.

The company we are talking to know holds a patent on gplc I'm told and conforms to te quality standards we require our products to have.
Going straight through Sigma-Tau huh? Awesome!

This will completely take care of any batch testing and potency concerns - they are the best. I have been taking Jarrow Formulations GPLC for a while, and switched over to EST's Plasmatic - but anymore, I am home brewing and capping my own products, so the more raws the BETTER - ESPECIALLY this work horse supplement!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Many customers like a one-stop website. I know I do. I got online and headed over to Nutra to look for some GPLC after reading about it in a recent MD magazine and was disappointed that my one-stop web store did not carry it. I got on here and found this thread. Now I'm headed over to PP for some, and if they also carry the other supplements that I need to refill on, I will also be ordering from there. One stop, one cart to pay attention to, one single payment, one package to keep track of through the shipping process and one package to deal with at the door.

Nutra needs to understand that the big picture is not just about profit margins, but giving customers what they want. So what if Nutra only makes 10 cents profit per 50g? Nutra will make up for it with the other $400-$600 I typically drop per order. I know Nutra doesn't have the BEST price out there. Nutra just has good overall prices, and a large inventory. That's what attracted me to them after some bad customer service at BN years ago.

My vote is for you guys to carry it at competitive prices even if the profit margins aren't going to be large. Off to the other site I go...

-Paul
Repped for that reply - awesome reasoning; I also simply try to consolidate my shipping costs to one purchase online. I bought Slin Sane yesterday from another website because I had a coupon code and shipping was $6.99 and arrives the next day.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
BUMP

Any insight into which way your leaning about carrying GPLC? I would much rather buy from Nutra since I can pick up other supplements opposed to Beyond this Century or Primordial Performance where it is basically a one stop destination merely for one item. Also, with the 10 and 20% Primordial codes floating around out there, it almost makes up for shipping fees (if spending under $100)... so I would truly like to see this item carried by NP so I can have a source for all the SCIENCE backed and validated raws to cap my own supplements.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I've been discussing pricing with Sigma Tau to try and get a better deal so we can pass it on to you guys...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I've been discussing pricing with Sigma Tau to try and get a better deal so we can pass it on to you guys...
VERY cool, thank you so much for the update...

The only other compound I would like to see sold in its raw powder form, would be pycogenol.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reps for the update and working to get us awesome pricing, as only NP can do!

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
To be perfectly honest, though, I do not see how this is superior to Propionyl-L-Carnitine.

PLCAR costs less and requires less of a dose to be active.

With GPLC, the Glycine is going to cleave off of the PLCAR and too much Glycine all at once can make people overly drowsy, hence why you may see some companies over-compensating with stimulants when using GLPC in a blended pre-workout product.

I mean, to each his own, but I'm just not seeing why people want to pay almost double for essentially PLCAR + Glycine.

If I'm missing something, someone please enlighten me. Everyone knows I've been wrong before.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To be perfectly honest, though, I do not see how this is superior to Propionyl-L-Carnitine.

With GPLC, the Glycine is going to cleave off of the PLCAR and too much Glycine all at once can make people overly drowsy, hence why you may see some companies over-compensating with stimulants when using GLPC in a blended pre-workout product.

I mean, to each his own, but I'm just not seeing why people want to pay almost double for essentially PLCAR + Glycine.

If I'm missing something, someone please enlighten me. Everyone knows I've been wrong before.
IMHO I think it has to do with the study: Bloomer RJ, Smith WA, Fisher-Wellman KH. Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine increases plasma nitrate/nitrite in resistance trained men. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2007;4(1):22.

Not sure if that is the one where they used 4.5gms but that seems to be what everyone including myself are dosing for this stuff. I do it pre workout and on workout days only.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

If GPLC isn't working out, I'd be happy with PLCAR , LCLT (carnipure) or both.

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established
id be satisfied w/plcar as well. had good results with the original bulk powder

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

This is some VERY good food for thought. I have just been reading through all the published studies listed directly on the GPLC official website, and even though Sigma has been the leading research firm regarding Carnitine, I have never seen such a dramatic 'push' and science-backed campaign paired with hugely positive user feedback before - as we are seeing with GPLC. I am definitely one of the many who would be ecstatic to implement a supplement as effective at half the price, but for now I have yet to see any true definitive lines and comparative analysis drawn between these two versions.

From my short lived (about 2 months) experience with GPLC, it has been absolutely fantastic - seriously eye opening. It has been such an effective supplement, as my supply dwindles, I am actually hoarding away the remaining dosages for certain muscle groups, because it is truly THAT good. It is so rare that I can feel a supplement work, I have never really taken price into consideration as a drawback.

I would LOVE to know how the other iterations and bonds of Carnitine perform and exhibit their specific set of actions vs. GPLC; such as the prop version you mentioned above, as well as the L-Car-L-Tar and even the Acetyl type. Does each newer and more stable version simply climb up the rankings in efficacy with a linear pattern, concerning androgen receptor modulation, endurance and fat burning support, blood flow augmentation, vascularity and muscle load capacity, etc? I would find this to be nearly impossible, and would tend to think each version has its own strengths - where as GPLC has the demonstrated affinity to exert its actions within muscle tissue (which is why it might be a superior choice in the realm of bodybuilding specific intent and usage)

Along with the above information and comparative analysis between two or all of the Carnitine varieties... I would also like to try a gram for gram identical dosing protocol pre-workout to come to a better conclusion.

phantom

Awards
  • Established

QUOTE]

WOULD LOVE TO SEE LCLT/PLCAR IN BULK.ANY CHANCE?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I've seen it for $120 for 300 grams and that's coming from Australia so who knows the shipping $40 for 100grams IS fair, this stuff is expensive and I have no problem supporting NP, just be realistic about this one guys it's PRICEY.

eddiegoodfellar

Awards
Any updates on this?
I would love to try this out!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I've seen it for $120 for 300 grams and that's coming from Australia so who knows the shipping $40 for 100grams IS fair, this stuff is expensive and I have no problem supporting NP, just be realistic about this one guys it's PRICEY.
Were you looking at this on Bulk Nutrition's Australia site? I saw that too... wonder why their main domestic site doesn't carry it yet?

Also... sadly... anything with true science behind it (GPLC, na-r-ALA, Pycnogenol etc) will always be pricey, because they actually work ;)

The only exclusions to this rule, would be Creatine and BCAAs as they have been widely available for decades and the raws are easier to manufacture.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
stuff isnt cheap!!

My stash of Superior Nutraceuticals GPLC is going for 90 dollars a 250g tub on the web.

And I have another pile of RPN LCLT that is OOS.

:)

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Were you looking at this on Bulk Nutrition's Australia site? I saw that too... wonder why their main domestic site doesn't carry it yet?

Also... sadly... anything with true science behind it (GPLC, na-r-ALA, Pycnogenol etc) will always be pricey, because they actually work ;)

The only exclusions to this rule, would be Creatine and BCAAs as they have been widely available for decades and the raws are easier to manufacture.
YUP

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
My stash of Superior Nutraceuticals GPLC is going for 90 dollars a 250g tub on the web.

I have not heard anyone talk about Superior for a long time... I used to buy from them a long time ago when they were one of the only ones with na-r-ala, along with Life Extension I believe. I was going to swing over by their website and see what they have going on these days, they don't carry GPLC anymore? Ha, actually I don't even know if they're in business... they were a good company from all my experience.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

PP's price is still cheaper at 29 cents per gram vs 36 cents per gram at Superior Nutraceuticals.

eddiegoodfellar

Awards
Update?
I would love to buy some Ultima and GPLC.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I have not heard anyone talk about Superior for a long time... I used to buy from them a long time ago when they were one of the only ones with na-r-ala, along with Life Extension I believe. I was going to swing over by their website and see what they have going on these days, they don't carry GPLC anymore? Ha, actually I don't even know if they're in business... they were a good company from all my experience.
I think they are still up and running.

I wont mention the name, but an online retailer carries alot of SN powders.

Not sure where they got the raws from, but the stuff is legit. I have to pound the hell out of water or I get the sinus side effects from the massive Nitric Oxide release.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I would even bet that we could find PLCAR for cheaper than what RPN offered if we looked hard enough.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate Dihydrochloride is another one that would be cool to see

mmate

Awards
tried it for the first time this week.

Legs day was never so good.

Get it in and i'll buy it!!