Goodmorning (exercise)

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any of you gents do old school barbell good mornings? It's a rare sight at gyms these days. Cheers 🍻

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Used to do them but never felt like they did much for me. Today I do hyperextensions 2x a week and an exercise I discovered called Dimmell Deadlifts. I use light weight and
Do sets of 20 reps but feel they really hit my posterior chain very well. I use them as an assistance exercise.

From what I have seen, most people can’t even squat properly let alone do good mornings. Talking about general population here.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like them and used to do them a lot, tore/pulled something in my glutes some months ago so I haven’t been able to do them for awhile, hoping to add them back in soon. I go as heavy as I can, 315 (nothing impressive) is the heaviest I done so far, hoping to beat that when I heal.

Blapeneve

Awards
Yes, this is my favorite hamstring exercise. And I also like it because by changing the setting of the feet, you can shift the load on the lower back.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GM’s are great! Standing, seated, heavy plates, light weight/high reps, sumo, close stance, banded…..
Just learn them correctly and progress linearly with weight

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
GM’s are great! Standing, seated, heavy plates, light weight/high reps, sumo, close stance, banded…..
Just learn them correctly and progress linearly with weight
I agree, ppl don’t do them enough, but it’s like everything else, ppl don’t like to do what’s hard and uncomfortable.