Good Push/Pull Workout Plan

dmw2021

Awards
Hi all.
I’ve been lifting weights on and off for a fair few years now, but the last 12 months have been taking it more seriously (at least regarding workouts, my nutrition definitely needs work which I’m sorting seperately).
I’ve done the bro-split 4 days or one muscle group per day over 5 days (add legs to shoulders day) but fancy a change as my current plan feels a bit stale and have seen a lot of people bigging up Push/Pull.
Any of you lot have a decent Push/Pull plan for building muscle? Or any tips would be appreciated too.
Thanks in advance!!

MakeTime3

MakeTime3

Awards
Push/pull is easy and simple and I’ll use it sometimes to switch it up, but I give it a little twist since I don’t think it really emphasis legs as much. Here are some examples of workouts I’ll use to plan my microcycle (7,10, or 14 days)

WK1: pull lower
WK2: push upper
WK3: pull upper
WK4: push lower
*these can be switched up since they don’t really overlap but I try to keep the lower workouts as much distance from each other as possible

WK1: pull upper/lower
WK2: push upper/lower
WK3: pull lower/upper
WK4: push lower/upper
*I like this because you essentially split the upper and lower on 2 days so you can really blast and superset exercises for the individual body parts.

What’s great is that these can be switched in really any type of way even though I don’t recommend the lower days to be back to back. If you do more than a 7 day microcycle you can just plug in another workout with no problem but if you go for a 14 day microcycle I’d do something else besides a push/pull.

Also, ppl might give me crap about the leg volume but it’s legs. Front squats work quads but also glutes, same with deadlifts just vice versa, but a workout that’s supersetted with RDL’s & GHR is all posterior and a great way to fry your backend and give the quads a rest.

Hope this helps!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How many days per week are you looking for?

Push pull legs? Or do you mean more like just splitting upper and lower?

dmw2021

Awards
How many days per week are you looking for?

Push pull legs? Or do you mean more like just splitting upper and lower?
Push Pull Legs I’m looking for, ideally 4 or 5 days per week. I don’t mind adding legs to one or 2 of the Push/Pull sessions if need be.

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes I will do Pull up and dips if I’m pressed for time and know that I won’t be able to hit the weights for another day or two.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Push Pull Legs I’m looking for, ideally 4 or 5 days per week. I don’t mind adding legs to one or 2 of the Push/Pull sessions if need be.
If you are limited to 4 days a Upper/Lower split may fit your goals better: Upper/Lower

Alternatively with a little more forethought and volume adjustment a PPL could still work with 4-5 days I suppose: PPL

Sorry I don't have a ton of time to write out a specific example so I just linked some stuff to get you started that you could adjust exercises, reps and sets a tad based on your current abilities and likes/dislikes.

Hope that helps.