Push/Pull/Leg Workout

riceandbeans

Awards
Hey guys. I'm an intermediate lifter and have been running Lyle McDonald's generic bulk for quite a while. I have stalled out, deloaded, and repeated the process twice and now I'm looking for something with a bit more volume to keep me going. I prefer Upper/Lower routines but came across a template for creating a Push/Pull/Legs workout and figured I would give it a go. I plan to go p/p/l/off/repeat. I'm going to post the workout below and am hoping to get some input from you all. Thanks a lot!

Push
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x6-8 (working to increase upper chest)
Overhead Press 3x6-8
Chest Flies (pec deck or dumbbells) 3x10-12
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3x10-12
Tricep Exercise 3x10-12 (I like to vary tricep and bicep work because there are so many options)

Pull
Weighted Pull Ups 3x6-8
Bent Over Rows 3x6-8
Lat Pulldowns 3x10-12
Seated Cable Rows 3x10-12
Bicep Exercise 3x10-12

Legs
Squats 3x6-8
Stiff Leg Dead Lift 3x6-8
Quad Extensions 3x10-12
Seated Leg Curls 3x10-12
Calf Work 3xFailure
Ab Work 3-5 Sets

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Looks good man, I'd add flat bench, db or bb on push day so it's well rounded :) also I'd stick to one tri/bi exercise for a month or so at a time or do two, makes it easier to record your progression and see if you are getting stronger! And don't stick to the same routine for too extended of a time, every month or 2 months switch the exercise, add in super sets/drop sets keep your body guessing and the gains coming! Get a note pad record your workouts :) happy gaining!

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Awesome push/pull program. I would definitely recommend finding a spot for normal deadlifts though. An amazing lift in general.

Good luck boss! Cant wait to see your results.

riceandbeans

Awards
Thanks fellas. Note taken on sticking to one bi/tri exercise for a month. I think I'll start with overhead rope extensions and barbell curls. Thanks alot