good bye bad knees hello running in the wind! [iForce Joint Help]

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
want to thank that big black man from iForce for hooking me up with a bottle of joint help to log.

lets break down my past and why i need joint help. been doing jiu jitsu for about 4 years, some wrestling in high school and college. tore my meniscus a few years ago. never took care of it properly so the knee petrified, couldn't even lock it out. took a week of manually applying pressure to break up the scar tissue to the point that it gave me the ability to lock out my knee.

i used to run to cut weight, nothing would beat waking up early and taking to the streets and running for an hour. sadly can't do that anymore, bought insoles, dropped a c note on some sunning shoes, and still couldn't make it past 15 minutes of running before my knee acted up and i had to walk home. same thing in jiu jitsu, pretty much changed my shot completely, can't change levels and penetrate as i used to without my knee acting up.

during my log i'll be classifying my knee and other pain [shoulder mostly] from 1 to 10.
1 being no pain what so ever [superman like]
5 being affecting my workouts [ annoying but noticeable]
10 affecting my life [limping around]

Starting pain: 3 i did legs on Monday, and been feeling okay, i noticed running up some stairs, that my knee felt a bit

Dosing: 2 upon waking, 2 a few hours later.

tomorrow i start adding running after my workouts, if my body is able will add a PM session of running.

brenthebdog

brenthebdog

Awards
BJJ is definitely brutal to train in, I sure don't miss the neck cranks!

Check out Hoka One One running shoes if you're really serious about cardio. They have a massive midsole and look dorky as hell, but they make a dynamite trail running shoe.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
in for this :D

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

***NOTES***

woke up with a sore right knee, i felt this as soon as i woke up and was still laying in bed. i got up and decided to do some morning stretches. as i stretch i cracked what seemed to be every bone in my body, felt good. went to the gym and said **** it lets do legs.

:::::::::::::::::::::::LEGS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Leg extensions

30x15
55x15
100x12
130x12
190x10

Sitting Leg curls machine
25x12
45x12
80x10
100x10
120x10

Squats
45x15
95x12
135x10
185x10
225x10
315x2

SLDL
135x10
135x10
135x8
135x8

leg press
2plx12
4plx12
3plx10
2plx10
1plx10

Leg extensions
Massive drop set, started at 115i believe went to failure as i went down the stack.

Pain rating: 5
Effects: normally im a high stim junkie, i decided to kick it back a notch been taking a concoction of 1 scoop WF/1scoop Hemavol + BCAA all pre workout. while i didn't feel the stim, i noticed what felt like an increase in in tunnel vision/focus. asking cy, he said it enhanced the psychotropic effect of caffeine. going to take it along side of caffeine pills to see how it works.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
im in bro.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Day 3

***NOTES***

woke up with a sore right knee, i felt this as soon as i woke up and was still laying in bed. i got up and decided to do some morning stretches. as i stretch i cracked what seemed to be every bone in my body, felt good. went to the gym and said **** it lets do legs.

:::::::::::::::::::::::LEGS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Leg extensions

30x15
55x15
100x12
130x12
190x10

Sitting Leg curls machine
25x12
45x12
80x10
100x10
120x10

Squats
45x15
95x12
135x10
185x10
225x10
315x2

SLDL
135x10
135x10
135x8
135x8

leg press
2plx12
4plx12
3plx10
2plx10
1plx10

Leg extensions
Massive drop set, started at 115i believe went to failure as i went down the stack.

Pain rating: 5
Effects: normally im a high stim junkie, i decided to kick it back a notch been taking a concoction of 1 scoop WF/1scoop Hemavol + BCAA all pre workout. while i didn't feel the stim, i noticed what felt like an increase in in tunnel vision/focus. asking cy, he said it enhanced the psychotropic effect of caffeine. going to take it along side of caffeine pills to see how it works.
very nice work so far man,i used to hate legs just bc of the soreness.But its one of my favorites now,heck i love everyday,but i enjoy it a lot more since i busted my most recent pr.it feels so much better doing it with 2 more plates than you used too.:)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
asking cy, he said it enhanced the psychotropic effect of caffeine. going to take it along side of caffeine pills to see how it works.

be interesting to see how this treats you. i would always seem to get a bit more of a jolt out of stims when taken around paractin

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man, Im in!!

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
::::::: BACK ::::::::::

lat pull downs

85x15
100x15
120x10
140x10
150x8

deadlifts
115x10
165x10
185x10

iso row machine [2nd set is different grip]
1pl x12
-x10
1pl + 25's x10
-x10
2pl x10
-x10

bent over rows
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

cable low rows
120 ->down the stack to failure all the time.

wasnt feeling today's work out, energy was good, just wasnt with the right state of mind. forgot my gloves, so my hands started acting like a biatch when deadlifts started. came home, did 2 scoops of VCB with milk and water then hit the streets paying bills, doing chores, and then a quick trip to the gf's house to help root some cellphones.

came home had a scoop of CCB and then started dinner. i should be getting my camera back so i can cook a cake[cheese cake maybe?] and take some decent pictures.

PAIN :4
***NOTES***** my knee feels weird, just looking at it, you can usually tell it's inflamed 90% of the time. right now, my knee looks 100% normal, which is awesome. but still feels a bit off, more cracking than normal. decided to go to wrestling practice some time this week hopefully try to shoot and see how it goes.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards

lat pull downs

85x15
100x15
120x10
140x10
150x8

deadlifts
115x10
165x10
185x10

1pl x12
-x10
1pl + 25's x10
-x10
2pl x10
-x10

bent over rows
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

cable low rows

wasnt feeling today's work out, energy was good, just wasnt with the right state of mind. forgot my gloves, so my hands started acting like a biatch when deadlifts started. came home, did 2 scoops of VCB with milk and water then hit the streets paying bills, doing chores, and then a quick trip to the gf's house to help root some cellphones.

came home had a scoop of CCB and then started dinner. i should be getting my camera back so i can cook a cake[cheese cake maybe?] and take some decent pictures.

***NOTES***** my knee feels weird, just looking at it, you can usually tell it's inflamed 90% of the time. right now, my knee looks 100% normal, which is awesome. but still feels a bit off, more cracking than normal. decided to go to wrestling practice some time this week hopefully try to shoot and see how it goes.
Nice work man.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

lat pull downs

85x15
100x15
120x10
140x10
150x8

deadlifts
115x10
165x10
185x10

1pl x12
-x10
1pl + 25's x10
-x10
2pl x10
-x10

bent over rows
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

cable low rows

awesome workout bro. and interesting notes on the knee; good that the inflammation seems to have gone down, but keep us posted

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear!

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
felt great this morning, decided to hit legs, well quads actually..

Leg extensions
2 warm ups
3 working sets.

Squats
25's
1pl
1pl + 25's
2pls
2pls+25
1pl

leg press
5pls
4pls
3pls
2pls
1pls

leg extensions
110-drop set. to failure, skipping a plate every time.

*****NOTES*****
Pain: 3
i couldn't fully flex my quads during the last exercises. knee felt really good! was doing as close to ATG that i've been able to do in years. pretty awesome stuff. i've also noticed my shoulder isn't achy as it usually is, tomorrow is shoulders, so i'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards

Leg extensions
2 warm ups
3 working sets.

Squats
25's
1pl
1pl + 25's
2pls
2pls+25
1pl

leg press
5pls
4pls
3pls
2pls
1pls

leg extensions

*****NOTES*****
i couldn't fully flex my quads during the last exercises. knee felt really good! was doing as close to ATG that i've been able to do in years. pretty awesome stuff. i've also noticed my shoulder isn't achy as it usually is, tomorrow is shoulders, so i'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Nice update man.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
great to see that you're already experiencing some pain relief in only a few days

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

Leg extensions
2 warm ups
3 working sets.

Squats
25's
1pl
1pl + 25's
2pls
2pls+25
1pl

leg press
5pls
4pls
3pls
2pls
1pls

leg extensions

*****NOTES*****
How'd your shoulder workout turn out?

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
sorry guys, had a busy week.

:::::: LEGS::::::::

leg extensions
2 warm ups
3 working sets

squats
95x12
135x10
185x10
225x8
135x8

Smith machine squats
45sx10
45+25x8
45x10

leg press
2plx12
4plsx12
3plsx8
2plsx10
1plx14

sitting leg curls
2 warm ups
4 working sets

laying leg curls
3 working sets.

leg extensions
100-failurex 7

NOTES:: this is the first time in a long time i've been hitting up legs twice a week, i look forward to my leg workouts. pain is non existent. didn't get to go to wrestling this week, maybe sometime next week.. other notes, i usually go workout, come home eat and take my Joint help. during the week, i woke up, took 1 scoop of VPX 12g and half way through drinking it, i just got jittery. couldnt finish it, it was the first time that happened. lol.

also my morning stretches feel a lot better, no cracking, no pain, cardio is better, slowly putting more and more time on the treadmill or stairmaster at the gym.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty crazy, you are feeling joint pain relief already, that is impressive!

Mike

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
yeah guys this ish is unbelievable the way my knees look and feel. no stopping me.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
yeah guys this ish is unbelievable the way my knees look and feel. no stopping me.
You're making me want to get it even quicker :p

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Good to see its working for you,I'm hopefully gonna get some ASAP bc my joints are gonna get bad on this cycle,I can feel em drying out already if I get it soon I'll throw it in my log too :)

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
::::: Shoulders::::::

seated DB Mil Press

20x15
30x15
50x10
55x8
65x8

DB Side laterals
22x12
17x10
15x8

reverse peck deck
115x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

cable side laterals [stacks]
3x10
2x10
2x10
1x12

behind the back upright rows
135x8
95x10
95x10

single arm db upright row
40x10
35x10
30x8

upright row [assuming the bar is 25]
65x10
55x10
45x10
35x12
25x15

came home, made me a double scoop protein shake, and and left to do some errands, will say this whole week as been a bust as far as workouts go, had to switch from early AM workouts to late night, and couldn't find the energy i needed to have a good workout, been taking it easy all week.

i missed 2 days of JH due to timing conflicts, and i felt it as the 3rd day started, mega dosed like the bottle said, 4 all at once, ate a torta felt good, did 4 all at once the next day and felt back to normal. incredible **** Vaughn, makes me worried what how i'm going to live once the bottle is done. gonna have to buy this ish in bulk when its on sale.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
::::: Shoulders::::::

seated DB Mil Press

20x15
30x15
50x10
55x8
65x8

DB Side laterals
22x12
17x10
15x8

reverse peck deck
115x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

cable side laterals [stacks]
3x10
2x10
2x10
1x12

behind the back upright rows
135x8
95x10
95x10

single arm db upright row
40x10
35x10
30x8

upright row [assuming the bar is 25]
65x10
55x10
45x10
35x12
25x15

came home, made me a double scoop protein shake, and and left to do some errands, will say this whole week as been a bust as far as workouts go, had to switch from early AM workouts to late night, and couldn't find the energy i needed to have a good workout, been taking it easy all week.

i missed 2 days of JH due to timing conflicts, and i felt it as the 3rd day started, mega dosed like the bottle said, 4 all at once, ate a torta felt good, did 4 all at once the next day and felt back to normal. incredible **** Vaughn, makes me worried what how i'm going to live once the bottle is done. gonna have to buy this ish in bulk when its on sale.
Nice workout man!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glad to see this is impacting pain relief exactly as we hyped it up to do :)

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Win!!! Hope to see it eventually becoming a staple of yours

Good to see its working for you,I'm hopefully gonna get some ASAP bc my joints are gonna get bad on this cycle,I can feel em drying out already if I get it soon I'll throw it in my log too :)
Let us know when you start your log....

As for me, Im currently on my 2nd day so can chime in my thoughts later on

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously bro, looking at your workout.. how in the world do you do a "Behind the back upright row"

I can't even picture that.

Mike

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Seriously bro, looking at your workout.. how in the world do you do a "Behind the back upright row"

Mike
He's a true good bro ;)

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established

Mike
i use a smith machine, stand to my back to the bar, and do an upright row. range of motion is no more than 4-6 inches, but adding that i've noticed a thicker upper back.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
i dont know what day i'm on, but today was the first day for my girlfriend back at the gym after having foot surgery.

we just did a whole upper body workout today.

Lat pulldowns
100x15
120x12
140x10
150x10

upright rows
55x10
65x8
75x8

bench press
135x15
185x10
205x8
135x15

tricep push downs
drop sets

incline db curls
drop sets

dont remember the weights of the last 2 exercises.

Pain level: 2
so how's the knee, ****ing fantastic, i actually went to wrestling and shot, my technique is off from all this time not shooting, but it felt strong. the only joint problem i felt is from my bench press, shoulder strain, prolly from bad form, i need to look into my form.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Nice work and update man!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
i dont know what day i'm on, but today was the first day for my girlfriend back at the gym after having foot surgery.

Lat pulldowns
100x15
120x12
140x10
150x10

upright rows
55x10
65x8
75x8

bench press
135x15
185x10
205x8
135x15

tricep push downs
drop sets

incline db curls
drop sets

so how's the knee, ****ing fantastic, i actually went to wrestling and shot, my technique is off from all this time not shooting, but it felt strong. the only joint problem i felt is from my bench press, shoulder strain, prolly from bad form, i need to look into my form.
Seems like it's getting better and better each day!

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
this is good to hear....glad things are going extremely well

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

Lat pulldowns
100x15
120x12
140x10
150x10

upright rows
55x10
65x8
75x8

bench press
135x15
185x10
205x8
135x15

tricep push downs
drop sets

incline db curls
drop sets

since i wrestled in high school i know shooting when my knees were bothering me was annoying as hell. seeing that it didnt bother you is awesome.

sorry about the shoulder though. I had something similar where my shoulder was bothering me primarily doing bench press. I took time away from it, and re-evaluated my form and it solved the problem. hopefully that works for you too bro

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
:::::LEGS:::::

leg extensions

2 warm ups
100x10
130x10
160x10

Leg Press
2plsx14
4plsx12
6plsx10
5plsx8
4plsx8
3plsx6
2plsx10
1plsx14

squats
135x10
225x8
185x8
135x10
95x10

leg extensions
drop set starting at 100 and droping a stack every time i reach failure

Pain Level: 2::
while my knee was bothering me a bit today, more from having a busy schedule and taking joint help differently, i will say this. 2 AM 2 PM > 4 all in once. and i can't find a way to take JH on the same day i take dexaprine. all week i tried, half tab of dex + JH. and boy would i feel the AY. waaaay more than 1 full tab of dex. dont know why,
-darce

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
and i can't find a way to take JH on the same day i take dexaprine. all week i tried, half tab of dex + JH. and boy would i feel the AY. waaaay more than 1 full tab of dex. dont know why,
-darce
told ya......paractin and stims are an interesting combo :p

PuZo

Awards
  • Established