GJohnson7385 + Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid stuff here.I agree if you come out of this in better shape and with a deeper knowledge of bbing its a win no matter what.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
solid stuff here.I agree if you come out of this in better shape and with a deeper knowledge of bbing its a win no matter what.
Yah you can't lose when you do your best..

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, Its been a while since I posted, I was in the process of moving. Officially moved out of my old place and moved into a friends house. Was a nightmare cause it rained the entire day of our move, wasnt fun at all. But its over, now just need to unpack stuff here.......My last workout was tuesday, going to get back into it today in about an hour...I have developed a itchy rash around the inside part of my elbow. I have been using lotion to help with the itch but I an not sure where it came from...I think it might of been from the TRX traps at the gym with everyone that uses them and when I did pushups on it it rubs against my inside elbow/biceps..Its not eczema cause its not dry or anything, just really annoying.......Anyways, going to get ready now for the gym.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Had a good chest/bi workout with my friend today...I moved to his house and he is just as much into workout at as I am...Worked out for about 2 hours at a different base gym from normal and they had a lot of different equipment there which was nice...So now that PCT is over I weighed in yesterday at 164LBS which is a lot better then I thought I would be...With this move I struggled getting my meals in for a few days....My strength isnt going to at all so that is good....I am getting a lot more cut now and my abs are showing up nicely now....Down to 23 days left so its going to be a battle getting to where I want to look but I hope I get close...I hope everyone else is still pushing hard in the contest, going to be a nice finish i think..

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like things are shaping up great bro! Can't wait to see them pics and how you end up!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, a little update....Been working out strong this past week since my move and it is paying off...I am going to adjust my diet alot these last couple weeks to really cut down...I think I have a good plan but this will be my first time trying to really cut down like this so I hope it works out.....I Have still been hitting the gym twice a day for the most part unless I have duty like today or just feel my body needs a small rest so I would skip the morning workout.....I am very happy with my back the way it is looking...If this contest was based on back transformation i feel i would have a great shot at winning, lol.....I still need to figure out what I am going to do about getting tan for the final pictures...I dunno if I wanna do spray tan or the tanning booths, any suggestions?

This week I have felt really strong. I have adjusted a lot how I workout with my form and movement speed on my lifts...I have got it to a science now on my focus when doing a lift and its great..My body feels sore everyday where it should be sore which is great and I am not all about throwing up huge weight but more on focusing on my form....I still get up good weight for my size but not what I could if I did a 5 rep routine..Currently I am doing 10-15 reps...My legs have been gettings a lot stronger..I have been able to rep 540lbs for 10 reps. I feel its decent for a 165 pounder at 5'6". Next leg workout I am going to go for 650.

So for supplements...Currently I am taking Need2Slin, forged burner, gear and a non caffinated NO2 product called Xplode and phytoserm-347 1 pill a day....I upped my forged burner to 2 pills this morning and it was wonderful..Once it kicked in I really felt focused on my workout which was good cause I worked out alone today. I

started with Flat Bench, did 135x15, 155x10, 185x10, 205x8 and back to 135x12..Went to cable curls did 100x12, 120x12, 140x10, 110x10...Then decline machine isolated press for 180x12, 270x10, 270x10, 180x10......Cable Flies 40x10, 60x10, 70x10, 50x16...The Seated Incline DB Curls, this is becoming a favorite workout for bi's. I feel it really gets that stretch in the bi's. 25x10, 30x10, 25x10, 25x10...Hammer Cable Curls, 100x10, 4 sets...Machine Flies, 90x10, 110x10, 130x10, 155x10.....Machine Overhead isolated curls, 65x10, 80x10, 65x10, 50x10...Machine Bench Press and Machine Preacher Curls....I have been using the machines instead of free weight a lot recently due to being different...I like to mix up my workouts when I feel my body is getting use to something.....This routine was pretty intense and it took almost an hour and 40 minutes. But I was so focused i didnt want to stop....

Anyways, this post turned into a essay, its time I get on my watch til 3am, ugh...Will update again sooner. KTS

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just do a mystic tan if you can, otherwise you'd have to put in some time. Self tanners will make you dark, if that's what you want. ProTan is what most folks use for competitions, or you could use Dream Tan because that wipes off easier.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Just do a mystic tan if you can, otherwise you'd have to put in some time. Self tanners will make you dark, if that's what you want. ProTan is what most folks use for competitions, or you could use Dream Tan because that wipes off easier.
Thanks for the info, probably going to goto mystic tan tomorrow to give it a try.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to goto a regular tanning bed yesterday...Only went for 7 minutes and today I am fine, not burnt or anything...I am going to go again today for 10 minutes...Time to bring the portuguese skin color back into me, lol....I took yesterday off from working out, going to play football today and possibly also hit the gym to do shoulders and upper back.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I decided to goto a regular tanning bed yesterday...Only went for 7 minutes and today I am fine, not burnt or anything...I am going to go again today for 10 minutes...Time to bring the portuguese skin color back into me, lol....I took yesterday off from working out, going to play football today and possibly also hit the gym to do shoulders and upper back.
You definitely need to ease into it if you decide to keep Booth tanning. Getting burned bad where you have blisters is no fun. Trust me, I'm a regular Tanner and I've been there.

You did the right thing by doing 7 minutes. Next 2-4 times maybe 10 minutes, then 15 for another 2-3 sessions before moving to 20

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
You definitely need to ease into it if you decide to keep Booth tanning. Getting burned bad where you have blisters is no fun. Trust me, I'm a regular Tanner and I've been there.

You did the right thing by doing 7 minutes. Next 2-4 times maybe 10 minutes, then 15 for another 2-3 sessions before moving to 20
Yeah, I am not burnt or anything today, I may do 9 minutes, I will ask the girl when I get there. What lotion do u use Rick?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea def ease into it.I've seen quite a few girls try to be hardcore and regret it later.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I am not burnt or anything today, I may do 9 minutes, I will ask the girl when I get there. What lotion do u use Rick?
I switch it up and use different lotion all the time, but right now I'm using some stuff from Australian gold called "Black" and it works pretty well

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Australian Gold is good, they make most of the stuff. I use one of their bronzer/lotions called Hell Bent. It's pretty good, I'm getting good color and no burns (but I'm also using Melanotan-II). You can get lotions all on-line for half of what they charge at the salons (half of their discounted price!). I like the stand-up tanners, you can do squats while you tan ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Australian Gold is good, they make most of the stuff. I use one of their bronzer/lotions called Hell Bent. It's pretty good, I'm getting good color and no burns (but I'm also using Melanotan-II). You can get lotions all on-line for half of what they charge at the salons (half of their discounted price!). I like the stand-up tanners, you can do squats while you tan ;)
Just got off the phone with my spray tan Girl, the stuff they have now there is just no reason to use a tanning bed anymore, and she comes to my house...

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So I went tannign yesterday for 8 minutes in the bed and today I am a bit red in the stomach and upper thigh area....Took today off from it.....Had a good chest/bi's workout this morning and a good triceps/abs/cardio workout in the afternoon...Workout my back yesterday and played football afterwards so it was a good 2 days, very active in my workouts....

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I went tannign yesterday for 8 minutes in the bed and today I am a bit red in the stomach and upper thigh area....Took today off from it.....Had a good chest/bi's workout this morning and a good triceps/abs/cardio workout in the afternoon...Workout my back yesterday and played football afterwards so it was a good 2 days, very active in my workouts....
solid stuff here.glad to hear you had fun as well

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Had a great back workout yesteday and a great shoulder workout on wednesday....I added straight leg deadlist in my routine for back to hit my lower back a bit more, I normally do the back extension machine but yesteday I did both....135x12, 225x8(lost grip), 185x10, 185x10...I was working out with my friend who is about 195LBS 5'11" and pushes up some serious weight....When I added another 45plate to do 225 he was hoping I couldnt do it, lol...Normally he tries to push me on workouts but on back day I normally control the show as on leg day..

So I go on leave today for 11 days and I am going back home to NH for it...I searched online for gyms that offer the free passes for a week and found a nice gym calles Best Fitness that offers 14 days free so I am going to go there during the next week. Looking forward to some new equipment to use..I am hoping they wont try to get me to sign a contract. I hope if I show them my military ID they will be ok with me just working out there for the week.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would hope that they can understand your position in the military and give you a free pass for the week. For the work you guys do it should be a pass for life!! :yup:

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So I took a scoop of NTKTS today for the first time and all I have to saw is wow....The pumps I was getting in my chest and bi's today was amazing...The pump was so hard in my bi's it was almost hard to do my curls.....Normally I am motivated to workout but today gave me that extra push. I was almost late back to work cause I didnt want to stop working out. I hope this pump last and I dont get use to it after a few weeks, but only time will tell.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh N2KTS is the shizz man!!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Just alittle preview for the upcoming final pictures.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Did chest/bi's and abs today.....Really pushing myself...I did FST-7 for Machine Incline Press 50LBS on each side 10-12 reps 7 sets for my final chest workout...I could only get 8 reps up for the final set but this is definitly something I am going to keep doing as my upper chest needs some help.....Being home in NH my mom of course wants to cook whatever I want so yesterday dinner was a steak and baked potato with asparagus and tonight is Chicken with Sweet potato...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You look great bro..no homo. Chest looks big and ABS are looking ripped up. Nice job!!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Update on the past couple days.....Did just a Bi's day yesterday cause I am pretty sore from my back and shoulder workouts from the previous days but it was good....I need a Bicep only workout day to really shock them....I am going to have to wait til sunday to get my pictures in for the contest cause I left my good camera in Virginia even though that one i took up there with my cell phone wasnt to bad. I will see, I might just do them today or tomorow.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a great chest/abs workout. The gym I went to today was awesome to say the least...It has so many different machines I just didnt want to stop using them all, lol....I want to go buy some body oil for my final pictures..Q got some from Walmart so I might hit them up today.....Only thing is the only person to rub it on my back here is my mom, lol, so it is going to be a bit wierd.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got back from a great chest/abs workout. The gym I went to today was awesome to say the least...It has so many different machines I just didnt want to stop using them all, lol....I want to go buy some body oil for my final pictures..Q got some from Walmart so I might hit them up today.....Only thing is the only person to rub it on my back here is my mom, lol, so it is going to be a bit wierd.
gotta love the weird moments :) anything for the contest right :kiss:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol...that is funny. I guess that's better than having one of your buddies do it :toofunny:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well done on the hard work!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Before 147LBS After 165LBS and a lot leaner.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your progress is incredible man! Nice job!!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, it was hard in the end as I was torn if I wanted to cut down to look really cut to make it look better for the contest or just keep bulking....I settled on a mini cut to just get some more cuts and dropped down to 163LBS from 168LBS but i feel stronger at 163LBS.....Now I am going to work on bulking the rest of the year to 185LBS.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You did good, keep working at it!