Getting really MAD!!!!!

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
:rant:

Many know i had surgery about a month ago, knee than my stupid spider bite caused a blood infection like 2 weeks after the knee..So you figure 2 surgeries in a months time..........

YOU WOULD THINK THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORKOUT back to what I was before surgery.......I am beyond mad, I am in NYC as i type this and i went biking with my friend and her husband........I could hardly keep up with them and I had to keep stopping...Granted we did a black diamond...( a harder course than the norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class........I should be closer to where i was?????? right????????? If one more person says take it easy I swear i will scream.....................................

thanks for the rant

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
K...I wont' say it....I'll just say "chill out" :D

How is the knee? So long as that's feeling okay, I'll be patient for you in your quest to cycle across America (or whatever :D)....27 miles is a lot. I don't think I've ridden a bike that far (cumulatively) in my whole life...hell, I've probably never walked that far :rofl:

You'll be fine. Give it a month.

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards

Many know i had surgery about a month ago, knee than my stupid spider bite caused a blood infection like 2 weeks after the knee..So you figure 2 surgeries in a months time..........

YOU WOULD THINK THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORKOUT back to what I was before surgery.......I am beyond mad, I am in NYC as i type this and i went biking with my friend and her husband........I could hardly keep up with them and I had to keep stopping...Granted we did a black diamond...( a harder course than the norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class........I should be closer to where i was?????? right????????? If one more person says take it easy I swear i will scream.....................................

thanks for the rant
Please don't hate me if I tell you to take it easy. ;) As previously stated, it will probably take some time to return to where you were prior to surgery. Your body is just adjusting to the intensity of activity once again. As kwyckemynd00 stated, a month would be a good time frame. I'm sure you'll be back to making those distances in no time though. Just gauge how your body responds and take it from there, but don't try to force yourself to return to where you were so quickly.

As an aside, I really wish I could bike 27 miles. That's pretty impressive. :)

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
thanks all :) Just soooo damn annoying...trying to lay low and take it easy!!! ( NO COMMENTS).........

And KWY, I love to bike 27 miles was not my longest distance on a bike..that was 50 miles 3 weeks before surgery !!!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
thanks all :) Just soooo damn annoying...trying to lay low and take it easy!!! ( NO COMMENTS).........

And KWY, I love to bike 27 miles was not my longest distance on a bike..that was 50 miles 3 weeks before surgery !!!
50 miles? Bwahahaha........I feel sorry for Big Pete...doubt he's got the stamina to keep up. If he does...he's blood doping :eek:

:rofl:

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards

norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class.......
t
lol, uh i can only bike 5 miles slowly at best and i just do 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of sit ups twice a week...lol

that sucks. id be fliping out too.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I left you a message...... friends are eating white castle and i am online....LOL
Yeah, I got it.. Damn phone vibrates so loud I thought it was a giant bug.. :D

BULK_CITY

Awards
i feel your pain... i had a "little" injury that i thought was no big deal, how wrong i was. My knee would hurt a little after running and made it kinda hard to walk but i toughed it out and thought it was nothing... i did this for 3 years. This Jan I went to the doctor and foudn out i had a small fracture on my knee that could take up to 1 year to fully heal... and this meant "no deep knee bends, no weights, rehab, no running, etc" so i layed off it for 7 months of HELLL (i was finally making huge gains on squats and stuff and blowing up... got up to 300x10 reps) and i just started back up again

stared with 115x8!!! and couldnt walk for a week after that i was so sore... but next week i got 155x8 and then 225x8 and so on

basically it will take a little while for muslce memory to kick in, then you will be back to your old liftings

but it also makes you train your fucking ass off...all i think about it "how big i would have been if i could have trained" and i train harder b/c of it

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i feel your pain... i had a "little" injury that i thought was no big deal, how wrong i was. My knee would hurt a little after running and made it kinda hard to walk but i toughed it out and thought it was nothing... i did this for 3 years. This Jan I went to the doctor and foudn out i had a small fracture on my knee that could take up to 1 year to fully heal... and this meant "no deep knee bends, no weights, rehab, no running, etc" so i layed off it for 7 months of HELLL (i was finally making huge gains on squats and stuff and blowing up... got up to 300x10 reps) and i just started back up again

stared with 115x8!!! and couldnt walk for a week after that i was so sore... but next week i got 155x8 and then 225x8 and so on

basically it will take a little while for muslce memory to kick in, then you will be back to your old liftings

but it also makes you train your fucking ass off...all i think about it "how big i would have been if i could have trained" and i train harder b/c of it

Good to hear your back, well on your way back......I am trying and your right it makes me train harder but when I train harder, i tend to hurt myself even more....LOL

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good to hear your back, well on your way back......I am trying and your right it makes me train harder but when I train harder, i tend to hurt myself even more....LOL
Here's alittle something I doubt I've ever told you, and the reson why I tell you to relax at times..

I have nerve damage in my neck, I can't do certain movements without a sharp pain shooting thru my neck.. Shrugs, upright rows, and sometimes deadlifts can cause the pain, feels like I'm being stabbed.. I had it checked, the last 3 discs are pressing against the nerves(the 3 that hold my head in place), and as I get older it gets worse.. :(

I'm as stubborn as you are, but in the same respect I know there's a line I can't cross, unless I want a wheelchair with rims..

See why I'm always depressed? :D

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Here's alittle something I doubt I've ever told you, and the reson why I tell you to relax at times..

I have nerve damage in my neck, I can't do certain movements without a sharp pain shooting thru my neck.. Shrugs, upright rows, and sometimes deadlifts can cause the pain, feels like I'm being stabbed.. I had it checked, the last 3 discs are pressing against the nerves(the 3 that hold my head in place), and as I get older it gets worse.. :(

I'm as stubborn as you are, but in the same respect I know there's a line I can't cross, unless I want a wheelchair with rims..

See why I'm always depressed? :D

I had no idea....:(

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
... Shrugs, upright rows, and sometimes deadlifts can cause the pain, feels like I'm being stabbed.. I had it checked, the last 3 discs are pressing against the nerves(the 3 that hold my head in place), and as I get older it gets worse.. :(
Pete, make sure you keep an eye on this.. very very similiar to all my fun 2 summers ago but I wasn't in the C region of the spine.. it was the L region

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards

thanks for the rant
I'll trade ya!! My wife came home last monday with WONDERFUL news, she came into contact with a rabid cat unknowingly. Talk about sucking, this is my 3rd time with the damned rabies shots!!

Good luck with the recovery!
ROB