Getting My Roommate JACKED

lonewolf42

lonewolf42

Awards
So my roommate has been training with me for a while, and looking to get some supplements. I advised him to get some c4 for preworkout and the All American Kre-Alkalyn. Lastly he wants a good quality protein powder. I can't advise him on this because I haven't taken one that I would swear by or recommend. Any of your thoughts on what works the best for you, or is the best value ect. Also if you have a alternative creatine you like, the krealk worked really well for me.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine would be simple Creatine mono bulk form
And protein would certainly be CLs pronom protein it's amazing tasting

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Protein
Trutein
Mayofusion Probatic
Protean

Creatine
Green magnitude
German creatine
Creatona

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't have recommended either of the products you did, but for protein I'd suggest Protean or XF.

lonewolf42

lonewolf42

Awards
yea this is true. id of said craze, creatne mono, and burgerdrol
I've taken craze and it is a good product I just prefer the pump and intensity of c4. Everyone is different i guess, I had him on some of the basic creatne mono and it bloated him a lot so thats why i was looking at kre alk.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've taken craze and it is a good product I just prefer the pump and intensity of c4. Everyone is different i guess, I had him on some of the basic creatne mono and it bloated him a lot so thats why i was looking at kre alk.
How was he dosing?

lonewolf42

lonewolf42

Awards
He loaded with 10 grams a day for 10 days then 5 grams a day for 4 weeks. The stuff didn't mix well, so I'm thinking that when it hit his stomach and wasn't fully dissolved it pulled water and give him gnarly ibs. Not sure but yeah

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He loaded with 10 grams a day for 10 days then 5 grams a day for 4 weeks. The stuff didn't mix well, so I'm thinking that when it hit his stomach and wasn't fully dissolved it pulled water and give him gnarly ibs. Not sure but yeah
That's your problem. Loading is pointless, and usually only causes individuals GI distress and bloating. 3-5g a day is all that is needed.

lonewolf42

lonewolf42

Awards
That's your problem. Loading is pointless, and usually only causes individuals GI distress and bloating. 3-5g a day is all that is needed.
I've heard a lot of different opinions about the loading so you're probably right. As far as I know it just helps with saturating the muscle so it takes quicker effect.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've heard a lot of different opinions about the loading so you're probably right. As far as I know it just helps with saturating the muscle so it takes quicker effect.
You get the same result with taking 3g a day for 30 days as you would get from doing a proper loading phase. That's what caused him to bloat. Had he just stuck with the 3-5g there would have been very little bloating and GI distress.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see you have been pointed in the right direction about the creatine (I agree completely with ^^^ ).

As for protein I love Iforce Protean, XF Ultra Peptide 2.0, and recently got CL Pronom which has been very good so far.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I got an all in one: Carnivor Protein Powder from Muscle Meds. Sure a lot of people disagree with my choice but oh well.

Beef based protein, 23g protein per scoop, 8g carbs, no fat/sugar/lactose.
2.5 Creatine mono in each scoop. Usually 2-3 shakes a day.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trutein, ultimate flurry, and myofusion are my three favorites. Still need to try protean sometime.