Gain MASS quick, Isolates or Weight Gainer?

shotdead42

Awards
Hey i have a question to everyone here, i would say i know a good amount of knowledge in lifting and how supplements work. It is very hard for me to gain weight and yes i know i eat, and im not here to hear about how food is the most important... yes i know it is.
Anyways im asking about supplements and between weight gainers and whey protein isolates like example:
The Dymatize Elite Mass gainer & Dymatize elite whey protein isolate

What is better to gain size quicker? in terms of a post workout shake...

But with the dymatize elite whey isolate i would want to combine it with a waxy maize product so im not left with all amino acids and no carbohydrate replenishment.

Is this better to drink post workout then taking the elite mass gainer? in order to gainer size quick quick quick??

If you read all the way up to here, i would appreciate your opinion! thank you

gus.medrano

Awards
I've tried weight gainers and protein and I think it depends. Everybody responds differently. Weight gainers did nothing for me. While doubling my scoops of protein did.

You can never go wrong with protein though

drudixon

Awards
I gained a lot of weight with cytogainer in the past, but a lot was fat. I'd say myofusion or optimum nutrition gold standard whey are the two top wheys. Can't go wrong with either.

gus.medrano

Awards
I gained a lot of weight with cytogainer in the past, but a lot was fat. I'd say myofusion or optimum nutrition gold standard whey are the two top wheys. Can't go wrong with either.
Bump for ON whey

shotdead42

Awards
ON gold standard is the same exact profile as the dymatize elite whey isolate

They have the exact amino acid profile, but dymatize is slightly cheaper! and it has enzymes so it feels good when it goes down. It doesn't sit in the stomach and cause bloating... actually never have experienced bloating with the dymatize one.

But what im asking is not about what whey protein is good... whey isolate is whey isolate.... is it better to use whey isolates with waxy maize for post workout? rather than a weight gainer?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am in love with ISO MASS. look it up and u wont want to take anything else

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a fan of mass gainers at all, but then again, I just found out I have hypothyroidism, which would explain why I could gain weight at like 2,000 cals/day lol. I'm a big fan of making your own gainer shakes, though.

Take your whey, add in ground oats (coffee grinder ftw), and some natty peanut butter if you want some fat in there, too.

At the end of the day it's about calories in vs. calories out. Whey isolate is going to hit quicker than concentrate or any other variation or protein, so it's got that going for it. When I do post-workout and happen to have carbs, I either include ground oats in my isolate or some WMS (just depends on the daily macros).

It's always going to vary for individuals.

Best of luck.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i used to make my own shakes also until i came across iso mass

shotdead42

Awards
i used to make my own shakes also until i came across iso mass
iso mass looks amazing... but i dont want any creatine in it, since i just cycled off of mine.

But damn it looks real good

shotdead42

Awards
I'm not a fan of mass gainers at all, but then again, I just found out I have hypothyroidism, which would explain why I could gain weight at like 2,000 cals/day lol. I'm a big fan of making your own gainer shakes, though.

Take your whey, add in ground oats (coffee grinder ftw), and some natty peanut butter if you want some fat in there, too.

At the end of the day it's about calories in vs. calories out. Whey isolate is going to hit quicker than concentrate or any other variation or protein, so it's got that going for it. When I do post-workout and happen to have carbs, I either include ground oats in my isolate or some WMS (just depends on the daily macros).

It's always going to vary for individuals.

Best of luck.
thanks for ur recommendation, but the grounded oats... this might be a dumb question but there are cooked ones and like uncooked ones.... or am i wrong... lmao i feel dumb but what exactly do you get?

thanks,

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never had a problem gaining. In fact its quite the opposite for me. Read the book Power Eating by Dr. Susan M. Kleiner. I've read it but its not for me, seems like the plans in that book would work better for a person like you. Seriously check out that book. $11.53 and free shipping at Amazon. Still cheap even if you pay the shipping.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for ur recommendation, but the grounded oats... this might be a dumb question but there are cooked ones and like uncooked ones.... or am i wrong... lmao i feel dumb but what exactly do you get?

thanks,
You're fine, bro. The only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked (or the ones that are readily answered elsewhere and someone was just too lazy to research :lol:).

What I've always done is just got a huge container of the plain rolled oats, tossed them in the coffee grinder and add them straight into the shake - not cooked. It's pricier, but if you go with something like Bob's Red Mill, you can get better oats, too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya i honestly think iso mass is the PERFECT weight gainer other than the taste. but if u make it how i make it, u dont notice the protein powder taste at all

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm....I don't know about weight gainers but I would recommend a good book on nutrition first. I did put up a link for one in my previous post. The cost of the book is a lot less than the cost of a weight gainer. It takes a little effort and the use of your brain to actually plan a diet. Just drinking a weight gainer isn't gonna cut it.