Funniest thing you've seen at the gym.....

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
Why is it when a dude hits say 55/60 he thinks it's cool to just walk around with his flappy old fur covered noodle without ANY REGARD for the rest of us!
i think there just happy that someone is looking at it

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Two stories.

My gym has a few of these machines:

A little tiny frat boy (whose nickname just happens to be "peanut", not kidding, it's on the back of every shirt he wears to the gym) was doing pull-ups in the center section of the machine. When he dropped down with he was done, he immediately collapsed and said, "O my god, I just broke my ankle". THEN.HE.CRIED. That's right, the 8 inch drop to his feet was enough to break his anlkes. O and he cried.

My other story involves some Korean exhange kid. I only know this because he got lectured by the Trainers for running "laps" through all of the equipment, when a track goes all the way around the perimeter of the gym. They basically had to tackle him because they would step in front of him and say, "stop" and he would just dodge around them and keep zig-zagging and making figure eights through everything. On this particular pass a trainer jumped out and bear hugged and lectured him on using the running track. The kid then explained that he was a Korean exchange student (I guess that means Koreans have no deductive reasoning skills?) so he wasn't aware.

That was all a backstory to this:

The exchange student was doing sit-ups on a decine bench and I had to double take as I walked by. Surely not. Yes, it's true. He was doing sit-ups in his little soccer shorts and he had a boner. I couldn't believe it. Not trying to hide it, not trying leave, just continually doing sit-ups while aroused. He must be North Korean.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
:
Two stories.

My gym has a few of these machines:

A little tiny frat boy (whose nickname just happens to be "peanut", not kidding, it's on the back of every shirt he wears to the gym) was doing pull-ups in the center section of the machine. When he dropped down with he was done, he immediately collapsed and said, "O my god, I just broke my ankle". THEN.HE.CRIED. That's right, the 8 inch drop to his feet was enough to break his anlkes. O and he cried.

My other story involves some Korean exhange kid. I only know this because he got lectured by the Trainers for running "laps" through all of the equipment, when a track goes all the way around the perimeter of the gym. They basically had to tackle him because they would step in front of him and say, "stop" and he would just dodge around them and keep zig-zagging and making figure eights through everything. On this particular pass a trainer jumped out and bear hugged and lectured him on using the running track. The kid then explained that he was a Korean exchange student (I guess that means Koreans have no deductive reasoning skills?) so he wasn't aware.

That was all a backstory to this:

The exchange student was doing sit-ups on a decine bench and I had to double take as I walked by. Surely not. Yes, it's true. He was doing sit-ups in his little soccer shorts and he had a boner. I couldn't believe it. Not trying to hide it, not trying leave, just continually doing sit-ups while aroused. He must be North Korean.
:popworm: :crying: :lmao:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
The funniest thing to me is 2 older brothers of a friend of mine about 10 years ago who were openly using a mix of test/deca/dbol would come into the gym every day put 3 plates a side on the bench, go down maybe 4 inches at best 3-4 times, high five and leave. I would always laugh at them and then keep working out.This happened for a year. A year later after they moved away, I run into one of them (noticeably smaller) and I ask him how his "workouts" are going. He responds with.."I can't get my balls to work..*whisper* my **** either" bwhaha....He said he had no knowledge of what he was doing then how to inject (which I am dubious about as well). Last I heard he is on TRT and is 35..Sooo worth it huh?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Why is it when a dude hits say 55/60 he thinks it's cool to just walk around with his flappy old fur covered noodle without ANY REGARD for the rest of us!

I just don't need to see the noodle while you are shaving, seriously WTF?

Yeah, what is it with these old guys getting ready in front of the mirror buck nekkid??? It takes 1 minute to walk over and at least throw on some damn underwear... Christ man, I don't want to know what my beautiful baby arm is going to look like when I'm your age... Some things are better left to my imagination :censored:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The north korean part killed me lol.

btw, WTF is up with guys who go in and out of the restroom making damn phone calls, yelling, and going into the restroom to walk around then back out after each set?

I see a guy do this today, and I was confused...

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So this incident is exactly funny as it is more ridiculous. It happened last night. Monday for me is leg day. I have learned to love leg day. Yesterday some b**ch old female trainer (one of those who thinks she is wayyy hotter than she really is) walks over to one of the two squat racks my gym has with her middle aged female client. They probably beat me over there by 30 seconds tops. They are using the bar with 5 pound weights on each side (yes, a 55lb squat is intense...). As I walk up to the second squat rack to begin my workout with the manliest of lifts, the trainer looks over at me and says, "We actually are going to be needing both of these racks for the time being." I said, "You are going to be using both racks to do squats right now?". She obviously was disgusted I would even begin to question her and she replies, "My client will be doing squats on this rack and lying pull-ups on that one." I was shocked. She even had the little yoga matt to lay on so as that very very painful hard floor wouldn't hurt as she put the bar in the stays 2 feet off the ground and lifted her back off the ground. I was beyond mad at this point because you don't mess with me on my favorite day. I knew full well that this was one of those ladies that after every set, she would have to take five minutes of rest and go and get a drink before beginning again. I was not about to wait 30 minutes to start. So I said, "I won't be long and as I have to be somewhere later tonight I need to use this now."

Then she had that "O NO YOU DIDN'T" face:

Then she said, "I am a trainer here and we are taking these racks." Then my rage came over me and I said, "You aren't my trainer and I will be done momentarily". Then my headphones went on and I was done with 5 sets before the the little ladies next to Me were done with 3. Does anyone ever run into "trainers" who think they are the stuff because they have an employee shirt on? I am feel like I am more knowledgeable than most of the clown trainers at my gym. I am still shocked just thinking about that situation right now.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Then she said, "I am a trainer here and we are taking these racks." Then my rage came over me and I said, "You aren't my trainer and I will be done momentarily". Then my headphones went on and I was done with 5 sets before the the little ladies next to Me were done with 3. Does anyone ever run into "trainers" who think they are the stuff because they have an employee shirt on? I am feel like I am more knowledgeable than most of the clown trainers at my gym. I am still shocked just thinking about that situation right now.
You should have gave her a huge Rick Flair "WWWOOOOOOHHH!!!" right in her face when you finished the last set!

Dchristo

Awards
So I walk into the locker room the other night and as i come around the corner I see a petite young girl with shoulder length brown hair in a pink head ban, wearing pink booty shorts, and a white and pink spandex shirt. I was totally caught off guard. I thought i was in the wrong locker room, except for all the over weight middle aged naked men everywhere. Turns out she is a guy who's gayer than AIDS. Guess we know who the dildo belongs to lol

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I walk into the locker room the other night and as i come around the corner I see a petite young girl with shoulder length brown hair in a pink head ban, wearing pink booty shorts, and a white and pink spandex shirt. I was totally caught off guard. I thought i was in the wrong locker room, except for all the over weight middle aged naked men everywhere. Turns out she is a guy who's gayer than AIDS. Guess we know who the dildo belongs to lol
Thats kinda ****ed up. I'm really not a homophobe, but that would throw me off completely.

RedneckDB

Awards
So this incident is exactly funny as it is more ridiculous. It happened last night. Monday for me is leg day. I have learned to love leg day. Yesterday some b**ch old female trainer (one of those who thinks she is wayyy hotter than she really is) walks over to one of the two squat racks my gym has with her middle aged female client. They probably beat me over there by 30 seconds tops. They are using the bar with 5 pound weights on each side (yes, a 55lb squat is intense...). As I walk up to the second squat rack to begin my workout with the manliest of lifts, the trainer looks over at me and says, "We actually are going to be needing both of these racks for the time being." I said, "You are going to be using both racks to do squats right now?". She obviously was disgusted I would even begin to question her and she replies, "My client will be doing squats on this rack and lying pull-ups on that one." I was shocked. She even had the little yoga matt to lay on so as that very very painful hard floor wouldn't hurt as she put the bar in the stays 2 feet off the ground and lifted her back off the ground. I was beyond mad at this point because you don't mess with me on my favorite day. I knew full well that this was one of those ladies that after every set, she would have to take five minutes of rest and go and get a drink before beginning again. I was not about to wait 30 minutes to start. So I said, "I won't be long and as I have to be somewhere later tonight I need to use this now."

Thats amazing!

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established

OMG steam would have been coming out of my ears.. You handled that very nicely .. I would have had to fight the urge to smack that bitch!

Shane0Mac

Awards
i like the fact that in australia generally people will keep their clothes on in front of strangers, i suppose thats what happens when a country's first use was for convicts, most of them probably learnt the hard way what could happen if you bend over naked in a public place.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Here are a few I could think of off hand.

First is the simplest one, I got up from the bench and was looking down and in front of me I saw some feet in a pair of clear crocs. I looked up to see whose wearing them and its some old huge bald dude. Threw me for a loop.

Second one is similar to the previously mentioned story about the two squat racks. I was doing squats in one of them and behind me I noticed some standard skinny and fat guy racking up one of the three smith machines. He starts off by doing really horrible rounded back stiff lead deadlifts on one which is cringe inducing enough, but then he throws his sweat shirt on the one next to it and starts doing lying pulls underneath the bar on that one, which is only about an inch higher than where he could have left the bar on his first smith machine. So this guy monopolizes two machines doing ****ty workouts for about 45 minutes, being sure to flex in the mirror and do that 1-2 punch shadow box thing that no one who actually fights does after every 3rd set.

Last but not least, several times at the gym I've seen this particular individual. A skinny 20 something dude who I noticed was kind of skipping between his workouts, he'd do front raises with 10lb dumbells and then kind of skip/run over to the lat pull machine and put on 10 lbs there, I assume it was kind of in rhythm with the music in his headphones. Now at first I only saw him on either end of his workout trek for the most part, but then I saw him when he was right about in between both his workouts. He would skip up to about the halfway point, and then full on do the Ali-shuffle and then skip back. Then i started watching him and sure enough, without fail, every time, Ali-shuffle in between workouts.

As long as I'm in the mood here's one more. This one is about a pair I see every week doing bench. One is an older guy as skinny as Jack Spratt, the other is a younger guy as fat as his wife. They get on the bench and start at 135 and end at about 325, each set done exactly the same. Heavily spotted, but with one hand at first, and each rep not going lower than even the pegs on the bench. Yet once again, after each of their 10 sets, each one gets up and looks at the weight, then looks around and gives a kind of too cool for school smirk to just about everyone at the gym not lifting superheavy weights incorrectly. It would be funnier if it weren't so cringe inducing. The thing I regret most about this pair is that I never run into them when i'm doing bench so I can actually lift those same weights they are but all the way down.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, you are more knowledgeable (that's an automatic assumption) and they are clowns for the most part. I like how they mad dog me because I look "kind of" big. Also, you'd have to be a real douche of a trainer to take up two full racks for a single client, kudos for pushing back and I second that you should have Rick Flared her.

I once overheard a trainer walk up to people squatting and open with "I've been a trainer here for 7 months, let me show you how you should do it." Then he continued to shorten and ruin their ROM on the squat and afterward moved them to the Smith squat, "because its better."

762mm

762mm

Awards
The funniest thing I have ever seen was on a sunday at golds gym. It was myself. I went in like any normal day, and as usual i take my bag with me into the restroom to change. I thought immediately the area looked different, but due to all the remodeling going on, i didnt pay much attention. So as i started changing from work clothes into my work-out clothes, i all the sudden heard the showers stop all at once, followed by a bunch of whispering. ( at this time i was nude ) then snickering. As i looked over out of the corner of my eye, I see 5 wemons heads peaking in and out. As they had seen me noticing them, the laughing started. I booked A** to get my shorts on, the booked out of there!! To make things worse, as i exited the wemons restroom, the lobby area was full of men and women laughing, cheering, and clapping!! I was so gosh darn embarassed, i left and didnt go back for near 2 months!!

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
At my gym back home there are these two guys who always come into together to lift. first off they have no idea what there doing, there young, go tanning in the winter, have tribal band tattoos and wear $$$$ clothes to the gym...you get the picture im painting. anyways, they come in and start stretching in the free weight area and im over in the corner doin old school t-bars. They start DB curling in front of the mirrors looking at their arms from side to side as they come up. At this point im just annoyed by their presence. Then the one guys says "I smell something good" and the other guy still staring at himself replies, "Yeah, its probably us" and the other guy goes "yeah definatly". I stood up and shook my head in disbelief.....maybe not too funny but im sure you all sees guys like that

762mm

762mm

Awards
Oh that is crazy!! I see that in the gym i go to as well! We get alot of bangers in that gym, all mimmicing that very story. That is funny !!! I think it also funny to watch those individuals move from one machine to another. Because when they leave their machine, they pull out the pin from the weights and set the machine higher by atleast 40lbs then casually walk away as if noone saw it !! lol Thanks for the good laugh reminder Ricky lol

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Haha Yesterday I was doing some lower ab excerises on a flat bench in front of the DB rack and next to me is a semi-hot, sporty girl doing tricep extensoins. Right as I'm squeezing out my last couple reps, I hear her grunt and then RRRIP a nasty, loud fart! I almost dropped a weight right on my face!! i wanted to laugh soo hard but felt bad and she just kept on training so I did the same. But... to make things even more awkward it started to stink,bad! I had to walk away and call it a day. i laughed so hard all the way home. good times

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Haha Yesterday I was doing some lower ab excerises on a flat bench in front of the DB rack and next to me is a semi-hot, sporty girl doing tricep extensoins. Right as I'm squeezing out my last couple reps, I hear her grunt and then RRRIP a nasty, loud fart! I almost dropped a weight right on my face!! i wanted to laugh soo hard but felt bad and she just kept on training so I did the same. But... to make things even more awkward it started to stink,bad! I had to walk away and call it a day. i laughed so hard all the way home. good times
i cant imagine the embarassment she must have felt, semi-hot girl...loud fart...public place..oh man

Dchristo

Awards
Haha you gotta respect her focus tho, she may have broke wind but she didn't break stride

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Not in the gym but.... Buddy trying to push Superplexx and now Megaplexx PH on Facebook

tattoopierced1

at the last gym I was at, was changing in the locker room and this powerlifter comes in (4'11" 135lbs soaking wet) and proceeds to show my buddy how to do squats while wearing nothing but a jock strap.. i had to leave my buddy high and dry cause I was laughing so hard and didnt want to catch a peep of lil dude's brown eye

BMCLouzee

Louzee' approach:

1) "Bitch, I don't see your name on it"
2) take twice as long to do my squats to piss them off
3) "Bitch, I don't see your name on it" and take twice as long to do my squats to piss them off.

Being trainers don't entitle them to claim an equipment when it's not being used. This trainer is obviously on a power trip and she has no right to be doing that unless she owns the damn place. Fortunately, none of the trainers at our new gym have been DBs.

Props for being such a patient person. I would have been much worse.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
three things tickled my fancy at the gym:

1) the guy who wears surgical gloves on the eliptical for the handles.
2) the fat guy in his 50s who walks around decked out in all underarmour, with his arms about 2 feet from his sides thinking he is jacked, while drinking a rockstar energy drink.
3) the fat bitch who came out of the zumba class one night and who started to run, i guess you can call it running, from machine to machine across the gym. she was wearing all black spandex and the bakery was open. this was also around the time of the earthquake in haiti..weird..

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
a week ago there was a guy doing deads with 315, and almost screaming. Not that 315 is light, but the way he was grunting CRACKED ME UP. He sounded like a dying cat, and looked like one with the form he was using.

the epiphany

Awards
Wow, screaming like a dead cat that is insane. Thanks for bringing up good memories their is one guy at my gym and everyday he does excess weight for what he needs. He is 170 pounds and he leg presses 1000 pounds the best part is he needs 2 spotters when he does it and only moves the plate an inch. Yesterday he took it to a whole new level using the preacher curl he was doing 90 pounds and started to scream as if someone had stabbed him, literally had everyone staring at him and laughing. I had to go to the other part of the gym it was ridiculous him and his 2 spotters

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am not one to take pictures of stupid crap at the gym, but this was one of the craziest outfits I have seen. They were silk shorts that were like speedos in the front and loose in the back like he sh!t himself. Add that to the fat gut and lifting a barbell 6" with his foot and you had the total package. It was hard to workout with that walking around.

Attachments

the epiphany

Awards
Wow, that guy is a real badass. Another funny time at the gym I was waiting for the leg curl and a guy was on it and he told me had two sets. Needless to say I said I would wait. So I'm standing there and all of a sudden he pulls out a psp and just stars playing. Needless to say that kid was very lucky I wasn't angry that day or he would have gotten more then just get off the machine.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I am not one to take pictures of stupid crap at the gym, but this was one of the craziest outfits I have seen. They were silk shorts that were like speedos in the front and loose in the back like he sh!t himself. Add that to the fat gut and lifting a barbell 6" with his foot and you had the total package. It was hard to workout with that walking around.
This made my night. I will try and get a picture of the guy at my gym who looks exactly like Dwight Schrute.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
This made my night. I will try and get a picture of the guy at my gym who looks exactly like Dwight Schrute.
Anyone remember jackass were they pretended to be an old dude with his nuts hanging out of his shorts. I was expecting that, but luckily it never happened.

762mm

762mm

Awards
Its been a while since I have seen anything funny, but I had to post this from todays workout. I was watching these two guys lifting in different areas. Both were lifting fairly impressive. The hispanic guy was around 5'11", and the white guy was about 6'4". White guy was not bulked, but was inclining 245lbs. The hispanic guy was fairly bulked benching around 225lbs and not completing his full sets. ( i have no room to talk) Anyways out of the clear blue the hisbanic guy walks over to the white guy and asked him im he was going to "Call It" White guy looked stumped, then the hispanic guy started to flex, saying Are you going to call it, or do I have to? then walks away smirking. The white guy displayed patients in my opinion, and could have totally kick the other guy's sorry butt. I continued to watch these two guys lift, and the one thing I noticed was that the hispanic guy would move the pin down a couple of spots down on ever stinking machine he used. However, i never understood the person whom has to drop down pins after every machine used !!

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Amazing. Lifting a little dumbell wearing funny little shorts. Add to that black shoes with white tube socks. Badass. I could understand how such an old man could get dressed and not realize what the hell he just put on. But he's looking directly into a mirror.

Nice gym though.

muph

Awards
fat people walking on a treadmill... come on, at least jog or something!

risktaker

Awards
There's this kid here at the gym he must be 17 or 18, football player. He always wears a black shirt that says "TEAM BIG SECURITY" on the back accentuating his love handles. He has the ultimate reverse body dysmorphia going on. He's decently strong but in terrible shape, probably 24% bodyfat. He has obvious 13" arms but the other day this is what he told me: "DUDE i'm taking this supplement called NO Fury. I was literally in a nitric oxide rage the other day when I was working out. My arms are like 20" now." I said "Really? That's interesting".

Well i got off a 12 hour shift at work and was just doing a quick 45 minute workout and sure enough "Team Big" is in there. He asks if I'll help him for a second. I said "sure" just thinking it would be a spot or something but I was wrong... He said "I want you to push my neck really hard for 10 seconds as I resist it... IN 4 DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS." I about told him to **** off, but I thought about it a moment and it was an opportunity for me to put my hands around his neck so I took it naturally. He lays down like beached whale on the bench and put my hand around his neck and start pushing it and he says "HARDER!" (im sure this looked incredibly gay), i start pushing a little harder and he said "COME ON, HARDER!" so I pushed harder and he yelped out this scream that was unbearable and I though he hurt the **** out of himself and possibly sprained his neck. He then said "MAN that was a good stretch. Ok now for left to right". After that I left. It was the single most retarded thing i've ever seen. Stole this one from rx muscle.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Not in the gym but.... Buddy trying to push Superplexx and now Megaplexx PH on Facebook

Ugh, found out another buddy of mine is on a cycle of this right now. I think he's up 10lbs in 3 weeks, 7 in just the first. Probably mostly water and glycogen.

We'll see how much of this he keeps...

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Tonight. Some dude in the smith machine. I don't know what the **** he was trying to do. Good mornings or squats. Looked ****ing painful.

So he has #35 on each side. His feet and hips are outside of the bar, not under. He is bending over like he is doing good mornings, back folding over like a chair and then raising it neck up. Jesus christ you should have seen how uncomfortable it looked. Back is arched like a bow. The ROM of the smith machine is just horrible for good mornings to begin with but atleast keep your back straight.

On top of that he would dip his ass and bend his knees every other rep. So that's when I was like, hmm is he trying to squat?? LOL I **** you not I almost wanted to say something. But didn't want to waste my time.

He then jotted down his reps/weight for his modified lift in his notebook. At least he was trying to be serious...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's this 80 yr old dude that "worked out" at my old gym using only one of these. He wore coke bottle glasses, umbros shorter than Lt. Dangle's shorts, and a Tank Top.

Apparently he was once a water skier and must have done some sort of skiing show. His whole workout consisted of maxing out the stack so it would support his weight while he went through a 15 - 20 minute water skiing routine. He would lean back, wave, kick up a leg, pose, etc

I knew to avoid that side of the gym when I saw him come in. I can only imagine what the poor bastards on the benches in front of him caught glimpses of...

NOwa

NOwa

Awards
lol definitely made the thread worth it (not that the other ones weren't worth it)